SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Julie,

How does Victor know that Gideon killed Nathan?  It isn’t mentioned in any of the books and I absolutely sure that Gideon wouldn’t have told Victor.  Regardless of being Eva’s father, Victor is also a cop and is obligated by law to report crimes, and arrest criminals (daughter or not).  Again the only people I think that know about the murder are; Gideon and Eva.  I don’t even think that Angus knows.  I don’t think that Gideon would want to burden him like that; ex-arm, ex-ranger, and ex-MI6 whatever….

Who would have spilled the bean to Victor because there was certainly NO evidence whatsoever linking Gideon to that murder, which is why the detectives are banging their heads against their desks.  They have NADDA against Gideon.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh definitely. There's no way he could have a "normal" marriage. Bless him.

Thank goodness that chapter is part of his past.  Now he can finally move forward in the right direction with someone that he loves and who loves him; flaws and all. 

Hi Gigi

Chris I can see, having the sex tape, would give him enormous power over Gideon. One over on his brother at long last. Chris is a snake on a good day. He is jealous of Gideon in all things, past and present. I think having that tape, he might hope Gideon would relinquish his rights to have over all control of Vidal records, in return for it (don't mess with your big bro Chris, he'll have your nuts on a platter). Chris doesn't care who he treads or hurts on to get what he wants. Magdalene found out the hard way.

Hi Julie, 

I could see just the exact opposite happening.  I could see Gideon calling Christopher Jr. bluff and then all heck breaking loose.  I could see Gideon dismantling the Vidal Records brick by brick until there was nothing left standing.  I could also see Elizabeth Vidal getting involved and trying to settle matters by smacking Christopher Jr. down.  I don't think that Elizabeth Vidal would be willing to lose her nest egg and wealth over one child's pety actions.  Who know's only time will tell. 

Hi Julie,

How does Victor know that Gideon killed Nathan?  It isn’t mentioned in any of the books and I absolutely sure that Gideon wouldn’t have told Victor.  Regardless of being Eva’s father, Victor is also a cop and is obligated by law to report crimes, and arrest criminals (daughter or not).  Again the only people I think that know about the murder are; Gideon and Eva.  I don’t even think that Angus knows.  I don’t think that Gideon would want to burden him like that; ex-arm, ex-ranger, and ex-MI6 whatever….

Who would have spilled the bean to Victor because there was certainly NO evidence whatsoever linking Gideon to that murder, which is why the detectives are banging their heads against their desks.  They have NADDA against Gideon.

Hi Gigi

I'm going with Victor talking to Graves, cop to cop, she letting him in on SOME details. After their visit, Victor started his own investigation, I'm sure a phone call to Graves was also involved.

Now Victor knows the truth about Eva's abuse, Victor will put two and two together,and come up with Gideon.

Hi Julie,

I could see just the exact opposite happening. I could see Gideon calling Christopher Jr. bluff and then all heck breaking loose. I could see Gideon dismantling the Vidal Records brick by brick until there was nothing left standing. I could also see Elizabeth Vidal getting involved and trying to settle matters by smacking Christopher Jr. down. I don't think that Elizabeth Vidal would be willing to lose her nest egg and wealth over one child's pety actions. Who know's only time will tell.

Hi Gigi

As much as Gideon loathes or is repulsed(for what reason we don't know yet, apart from her not believing him over his abuse) by his mother, he has stated that the reason he bailed out Vidal records, was because he didn't want her to be in financial crisis ever again. He would dismantle Chris jnr first. He(Gideon)still honours possibly loves his mother. It's his little touches making him vulnerable, that say so much. Still a little boy in big boys clothes, but a lot of healing to be done.

Hi Gigi

I'm going with Victor talking to Graves, cop to cop, she letting him in on SOME details. After their visit, Victor started his own investigation, I'm sure a phone call to Graves was also involved.

Now Victor knows the truth about Eva's abuse, Victor will put two and two together,and come up with Gideon.

Hi Julie,

I think that given the sensitive nature of what happened to Eva, I don’t think that Victor would have talked to Detective Graves about anything to do with his daughter’s rapes and/or Nathan’s death.  I think that if anything Victor would have wanted to protect Eva’s name and right to privacy, but I do think that he could have anonymously found ways to get information about Nathan without having to involve his daughter’s name.  If he did (which is purely speculation on my part) I would suspect that he would have had to call in some super huge favours for such information. 

I have a neighbor who was a former chief of police and another detective who lives a few blocks over (he is the head of one of the police precincts here).  I think I may have to pick his brain a little to see if that is plausible and how something like that might happen.  :)

P.S.  At the end of the day, this is all purely speculation and really only Sylvia knows...and she isn't telling...yet. :)

Hi Gigi

As much as Gideon loathes or is repulsed(for what reason we don't know yet, apart from her not believing him over his abuse) by his mother, he has stated that the reason he bailed out Vidal records, was because he didn't want her to be in financial crisis ever again. He would dismantle Chris jnr first. He(Gideon)still honours possibly loves his mother. It's his little touches making him vulnerable, that say so much. Still a little boy in big boys clothes, but a lot of healing to be done.

Hi Julie, 

I think that because I have seen such an incredibly cold side to Gideon, it wouldn't be that far of a stretch for Gideon to dismantle Vidal Records.  That however doesn't mean that he wouldn't support his mother and sister financially if he took such a drastic step.  I guess it will remain to be seen just how much Christopher Jr. upsets his brother and whether he actually has the tape, what he wants and what Gideon will do.

In past books, Gideon said to Eva that he tried to be an older brother to Christopher Jr., he tried bribery, throwing money at the problems, fighting, basically everything that he could think of and nothing seemed to work.  That may be why Gideon might take such a drastic action.  The only question that would arise is whether Christopher Jr. would stop to consider his mother or his sister. 

Hi Gigi

I agree Gideon doesn't want his mother hurt by another financial crisis, however there is no way he would protect her from such a thing at the expense of Eva! Gideon as the majority shareholder could probably demand Christopher Jr be fired if he started playing games like that, with the threat that he will sell his shares to another label & Vidal Records would be no more.

Detective Graves is smart, and she figured out what Gideon did and why -- and how.

Sylvia stressed earlier this spring that Graves is smart and figured things out -- her comments stressed the intelligence of this particular character and were supportive of cops in general, doing so in response to opinions by some readers that the cops were dumb. Graves solved the killing. The mystery now is - what is Graves agenda for going rogue by definitely leaking stuff to Eva and in all likelihood leaking stuff to Eva's police officer father.

The timing of when Victor learned Nathan was a rapist can't be a coincidence. Especially because it was the middle of a weekend - Victor started calling Eva early on Sunday morning, so he either found out that morning or sometime late Saturday night. His devastation upon just finding out was no act when he was practically crying on the phone to Eva late morning Sunday.

Courthouses aren't open on weekends, so we can scratch off the list of possibilities that through his own investigatory means, Victor  managed to on his own somehow directly obtain records of the juvenile criminal case against Nathan. Someone told him, and someone leaked to him copies of the rape case files. He read those records, he told Eva on Monday afternoon.

All those rape files would be included in the more recent murder investigation case files. It'd been all too easy for Graves to give Victor copies of the rape case documents. Graves is the most likely suspect (pun intended) for having revealed police investigation secrets to Eva's father on either Sunday morning or Saturday night, because Graves most definitely released police investigation secrets to Eva on Wednesday evening.

The question is - how much did Graves end up telling Victor about the homicide case along with the rape case? Is she going to let Victor, another smart cop, connect the Gideon dots all on his own? Or did Graves already do so for Victor.

She might go the Italian way and have both the engagement ring and the wedding band on the same finger.

Are Italian women the only ones to wear two rings?

I think some America women are like that as well, us here in the UK, we want two rings, we are greedy that way LOL :D

I found an interesting article on Wikipedia about "ring fingers" and wedding rings. In some cultures, a wedding ring is worn on the third finger of the left hand, while in other cultures, the tradition is the third finger on the right hand. In some religious denominations, wedding rings play a specific role in wedding ceremonies. 

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_finger

I think some America women are like that as well, us here in the UK, we want two rings, we are greedy that way LOL :D

I think Eva will get a wedding band for the New York wedding and she will wear the engagement and wedding band on the left hand and still continue to wear the promise ring on the right hand. I know these are beautiful symbols but my favorite gift that Gideon gave Eva is the watch ; when he said there are only 25 of these in the world which isn't nearly as unique as you are...AHHHHH JUST MELT!!

Detective Graves is smart, and she figured out what Gideon did and why -- and how.

Sylvia stressed earlier this spring that Graves is smart and figured things out -- her comments stressed the intelligence of this particular character and were supportive of cops in general, doing so in response to opinions by some readers that the cops were dumb. Graves solved the killing. The mystery now is - what is Graves agenda for going rogue by definitely leaking stuff to Eva and in all likelihood leaking stuff to Eva's police officer father.

The timing of when Victor learned Nathan was a rapist can't be a coincidence. Especially because it was the middle of a weekend - Victor started calling Eva early on Sunday morning, so he either found out that morning or sometime late Saturday night. His devastation upon just finding out was no act when he was practically crying on the phone to Eva late morning Sunday.

Courthouses aren't open on weekends, so we can scratch off the list of possibilities that through his own investigatory means, Victor  managed to on his own somehow directly obtain records of the juvenile criminal case against Nathan. Someone told him, and someone leaked to him copies of the rape case files. He read those records, he told Eva on Monday afternoon.

All those rape files would be included in the more recent murder investigation case files. It'd been all too easy for Graves to give Victor copies of the rape case documents. Graves is the most likely suspect (pun intended) for having revealed police investigation secrets to Eva's father on either Sunday morning or Saturday night, because Graves most definitely released police investigation secrets to Eva on Wednesday evening.

The question is - how much did Graves end up telling Victor about the homicide case along with the rape case? Is she going to let Victor, another smart cop, connect the Gideon dots all on his own? Or did Graves already do so for Victor.

That being said I think Graves is HOT for Victor I think she wants to get to know him a lot better...

That being said I think Graves is HOT for Victor I think she wants to get to know him a lot better...

The two of them could get all hot and sweaty practicing their Krav Maga training on one another. Victor could really use a woman who is strong literally and figuratively (like Shelley Graves) to finally replace the weakling Monica.

Hi Fayeth, 

Other than the obvious; money or embarrassment, what other options could there be?  It is a se* tape.  So many people put those out and sell them all the time.  Other than a little temporary embarrassment, what else could there be?  Do you have any ideas?  Thoughts?

It seems lately like S*x tapes are being released to make people more famous.  Eva really has nothing to gain from such video, however Brett has everything to gain.  Think...Golden is about Eva and the music video is pretty steamy already, however if a REAL video of them in action is released that could do great things for him.

Hi WhiteyBitey

My best guess about Elizabeth's attitude is that somewhere inside her she knows Gideon was telling the truth about what hapenned to him especially after Eva confronted her inReflected ,so it's forced her to look at herself and her actions during that time and rather than take too close a look its easier to shift blame and see Eva as someone who is trying to alienate her from her son and is filling his head with junk.If she were to take too close a look at herself and actions during that time the picture is just too ugly and she can't face up to it so its easier to cast Eva as the villain .Don't know if I'm coming across clearly

I think that Elizabeth will eventually face her demons and work it out with Gideon. In the end she will be thankful for Eva giving her son back.

It seems lately like S*x tapes are being released to make people more famous.  Eva really has nothing to gain from such video, however Brett has everything to gain.  Think...Golden is about Eva and the music video is pretty steamy already, however if a REAL video of them in action is released that could do great things for him.

You're right - Brett has everything to gain from a steamy sex tape of him getting out. It'd make him even more of a stud in the eyes of all fans, men and women alike, and it would make female fans even hotter for him, proof of his virility and his sexual preference for women.

Unfortunately, it would be very much at Eva's expense, because double standards sill exit. People would think Brett's a stud, but many would consider Eva a s.l.u.t.

So I can see Brett actually being as upset about the existence of the sex tape as Eva is (and Gideon too). Brett feels bad enough as it is for having treated Eva like a groupie s.l.u.t years ago. He's in love with her and wants her back. The last thing he wants is for her to be subjected to ridicule.

Hi Sharonm745, 

Other than a little mud slinging, I can't see how the tape would really affect Eva.  It would be super crappy for a while and then another scandal would come out and Eva's sex tape would become yesterday's news.  Overall other than embarrassment, I can't see what else could happen. 

I think it would hurt Gideon.  Like Eva said, the images would play back in his mind until it tarnished what they had.  Eva & Gideon have enough baggage they don't need anymore. 

Hi Barb55,

I don’t personally think that Gideon and Corinne spent a lot of time with either of their families.  He could barely stand to spend an extended amount of time with Corinne, let alone anyone else.  I sincerely couldn’t see either of them attending a family function or that the engagement would have even been celebrated with a party of sorts by either family.

I think that once Gideon proposed and Corinne said yes, he realized the error of his ways.  I think that he became panic stricken and started to realize just exactly what being engaged to the “wrong†woman would mean to him and his life (which may have also made him panic even more).

I think that maybe Elizabeth Vidal may have manipulated the situation.  I am sure that Corinne would have run home to her family gushing that Gideon (the man that she was crazy in love with) and she were getting married and I think that Corinne’s parents picked up the phone to contact Elizabeth Vidal and thus began the closeness and “pseudo wedding planningâ€. 

I think that the families were friends, said hi, got together occasionally and probably ran in the same   social circles, but the advent of the upcoming wedding probably made these families come together even more.  What does everyone else think?

Hi GiGi.....good thoughts!!  But remember Corrine proposed to Gideon.  

Detective Shelley Graves as stepmother to Eva, and thus stepmother-in-law to Gideon? Now that's an intriguing fantasy to spin.

LMAO

Are you match making here lady? After all, she did make a comment about going back to California, to the theme parks where she went when she was young, when the detectives turned up at Eva's on the Friday. Perhaps she was angling for a date then. Lol

Takes on a whole new meaning from the film "I know what you did last summer!"

But I think there has been some conversations going on between Victor and Graves. Graves is very cryptic with her comments, sending you in an entirely different direction. I'm very wary of her.

I'm not sure we will find out details, as Victor knows now.