SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, it struck me really strangely that Arnoldo was being so nice to Eva and Brett that night at his restaurant. Because the last time Arnoldo was face-to-face with Eva, he was chewing her out for having hurt Gideon so badly figuratively. Arnoldo had to have resented Brett, too, for having hurt Gideon literally -- there was a bruise on Gideon's jaw on Monday. Monica saw it at the hospital, and Arnoldo would have seen it Monday night when Gideon took Corrine out to dinner at Tableau One.

God only knows what went through Arnoldo's head that night Gideon showed up with Corrine. Because Gideon would have let Arnoldo assume what everyone else was assuming, even Corrine herself. Far too much was riding on things that night, when Eva's very life was in danger and Gideon was scrambling to get things set up so he could kill Nathan as soon as possible.

The first night Gideon had Eva over for dinner at their love nest, the dinner fixings came from Arnoldo -- lasagne and salad. My guess is that when Gideon ordered up the food, he set Arnoldo's mind straight about Corrine being history and let Arnoldo assume Gideon was seeing Eva again. Because that's exactly what Gideon did two days later with JFG.

So when I read things over a second time, I realized that Arnoldo being so "nice" to Eva and Brett at his restaurant was really him babysitting the pair of them for Gideon. Not to mention Arnoldo reassuring himself, by watching Eva politely have dinner with a ex she had passionately kissed, that Gideon truly had "won".

Hi Barb55, 

I agree with you.  I think it was definately cruel not to give Eva advanced warning about the video and what it was going to be like.  Which makes me wonder why Brett never said anything to Eva about the video.  Did he honestly think that Eva would be thrilled by that video footage?  How did he justify that to himself?  I don't believe for one second that Brett hadn't seen that video before the launch party.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  

I think that Brett does not even know Eva and he thought that it might remind her of what they had before. Oh he had seen it and probably had a hand in the content that was in it.  Who in their right mind would think that anyone would want to see them self on a video in Time Square for everyone to see doing such private things!!!!

I think it would hurt Gideon. Like Eva said, the images would play back in his mind until it tarnished what they had. Eva & Gideon have enough baggage they don't need anymore.

Totally agree.

They both have jealousy issues. Hating themselves when they imagine each other with someone else. Yes they have both had bad dates, both regretting it, neither need physically being reminded of their dark times. They need to move forward, not constantly being reminded of their pasts(ditch the exes). Who can honestly say, they wouldn't have a problem seeing their other half in a sex tape with an ex, doing crazy things. It would crucify you.

Hi Gabri,

I personally don’t think that Brett is all that great.  I think that he was an absolute horn dog and continues to search for his muse.  Never once during his conversations with Eva did he truly apologize for acting the way he did and for using her.  I think he liked the way he looked in Eva’s eyes and never once took her feelings into consideration when they were dating (cough, cough…yea right?!). 

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!

Hi GiGi.....good thoughts!!  But remember Corrine proposed to Gideon.  

You're 100% right, Barb -- Corrine proposed to Gideon, not the other way around. It's all laid out on page 328 of Bared to You.

Corrine was the one who first chased Gideon on the campus of Columbia University, who got him to go to bed with her, who first said "I love you." Gideon told Eva all about; the end of Chapter 21 is where Gideon and Corrine's past history is covered. The start of Chapter 22 is where they then talked about Corrine in his present-day life -- and where we got the first red flag about Corrine stalking him, a story line that would erupt fully in Entwined with You.

Always -- ALWAYS -- things were all Corrine's idea, from chasing 18-year-old Gideon at school to stalking 28-year-old Gideon through New York City high society circles. The only time Gideon ever took a lead with Corrine, it would seem, is when he started using her to help protect himself (and by extension Eva) from suspected involvement in Nathan getting murdered.

I still don't understand why the "sparring" session Det. Graves wanted and had with Eva.....seems she wanted to take her frustrations out on her and probably did.

I wonder if Deanna wants a repeat performance from Gideon....when Eva suggested to throw a drink in his face or just tell him off she would feel better, Deanna replied  " I know what would make me feel better" !!!

Hi Sharonm745,

I read your posting and I wonder what would Christopher Jr. have to gain by telling his mother about the se* tape (if he knew about it).  Why would he want to drive a wedge between Eva and his mother?  What does Christopher Jr. get out of the deal?  What does he stand to gain, if anything?      What’s your theory?  What does everyone think?

Christopher is so jealous of his brother I believe he will do anything to hurt him.  Christopher was happy when Eva called him for lunch and he wanted to ask her out.  He doesn't know that Eva knows the real Christopher and maybe he thinks he can get her from Gideon.

I think Christopher knows that Liz loves Gideon and wants a relationship with him.  If Jr can convince Liz that Eva is a bad person for Gideon, Liz might do something that will sever the Gideon/Elizabeth relationship even more thus ensuring that Christopher is the only son in Elizabeth's life.  Also, he is probably angry that his mother sold Ireland's shares to Gideon and maybe he thinks he can get them back, especially if Liz gave them to Gideon to hold and vote until Ireland was 21.

Christopher is so jealous of his brother I believe he will do anything to hurt him.  Christopher was happy when Eva called him for lunch and he wanted to ask her out.  He doesn't know that Eva knows the real Christopher and maybe he thinks he can get her from Gideon.

I think Christopher knows that Liz loves Gideon and wants a relationship with him.  If Jr can convince Liz that Eva is a bad person for Gideon, Liz might do something that will sever the Gideon/Elizabeth relationship even more thus ensuring that Christopher is the only son in Elizabeth's life.  Also, he is probably angry that his mother sold Ireland's shares to Gideon and maybe he thinks he can get them back, especially if Liz gave them to Gideon to hold and vote until Ireland was 21.

Totally agree with this and I also think Christopher will become increasingly desperate and jealous over the hoopla concerning the GidEva nuptials and he will try to make a move on Eva where she will demonstrate her mastery of Krav Maga!!

I still don't understand why the "sparring" session Det. Graves wanted and had with Eva.....seems she wanted to take her frustrations out on her and probably did.

I wonder if Deanna wants a repeat performance from Gideon....when Eva suggested to throw a drink in his face or just tell him off she would feel better, Deanna replied  " I know what would make me feel better" !!!

Deanna wants in his boxers, that much is clear. Is it for payback or she genuinely is attracted to him?

Why are all the brunettes screwy? Not forgetting the redhead. No wonder he changed hair colouring!

Graves is definitely continuing to "play" Eva for some sort of cop agenda Graves has going on. What's not clear to me any more is exactly what that agenda is. At the end of Reflected, I was convinced Graves was out to try to trap Gideon using Eva as bait. I'm no longer sure what the case is, though.

But I don't for one second believe Graves simply "ran into" Eva at the Krav Maga studio in Entwined, any more than I believe Graves "ran into" Eva the first time. Scattered among the various truths Graves said to Eva that first time were lies, especially Graves lying about the fact she and her partner were dropping their investigation. It's crystal clear Graves lied, too, about simply bumping into Eva. She wanted info from Eva that night in Reflected -- and she wanted it still in Entwined.

I was thinking Deanna was looking for revenge.

Let's hope Gid's apology and the promise of wedding exclusives makes her back down and GO AWAY. At least we might be able to get rid of one crazed woman!

Let's hope Gid's apology and the promise of wedding exclusives makes her back down and GO AWAY. At least we might be able to get rid of one crazed woman!

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone!

Now Deanna is satisfied that he's even paying attention to her! I bet that's making her very happy and that plus the wedding exclusive is making her back down.... But I would still keep my eye on her.

Deanna, like Monica, is one of those women willing to put money ahead of love. Gideon has successfully "bought" Deanna. That said, she'd still jump at the chance to jump his bones. 

Ok just reread Chapter 22 EWY page 340 : GidEva are in the bathroom , she is putting on her makeup and he comes in to drop the bomb about the sex tape and then they also discuss the Corinne debacle then... A quarter hour after Gideon left me in the bathroom to take a call from Raul, I was still standing at the vanity staring into the sink. I wonder if the call from Raul was concerning any new info about the bracelet/Russian mob investigation setting things up for Book 4...

With regards Graves I'm wondering whether she does have a soft spot for Eva and Gideon and is still rooting for them. If I was a cop and saw pictures and dealt with a per.vert like Nathan I wouldn't care if he had been murdered, she even said previously that Nathan's ultimate plan was to eventually kill Eva!

I'm wondering if when Graves said to Eva to keep thinking about the bracelet that it wasn't a threat as such but more a warning that someone else knows that Gideon killed Nathan and because Graves doesn't know who the person is or what their intentions are that Eva should still be weary. We are all hopeful that whoever dealt with Nathan and made the links to the mafia is on Gidevas side but maybe Graves is more pessimistic than us!!