SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

With regards Graves I'm wondering whether she does have a soft spot for Eva and Gideon and is still rooting for them. If I was a cop and saw pictures and dealt with a per.vert like Nathan I wouldn't care if he had been murdered, she even said previously that Nathan's ultimate plan was to eventually kill Eva!

I'm wondering if when Graves said to Eva to keep thinking about the bracelet that it wasn't a threat as such but more a warning that someone else knows that Gideon killed Nathan and because Graves doesn't know who the person is or what their intentions are that Eva should still be weary. We are all hopeful that whoever dealt with Nathan and made the links to the mafia is on Gidevas side but maybe Graves is more pessimistic than us!!

I agree completely, this was my exact thoughts regarding the conversation with Graves.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, it struck me really strangely that Arnoldo was being so nice to Eva and Brett that night at his restaurant. Because the last time Arnoldo was face-to-face with Eva, he was chewing her out for having hurt Gideon so badly figuratively. Arnoldo had to have resented Brett, too, for having hurt Gideon literally -- there was a bruise on Gideon's jaw on Monday. Monica saw it at the hospital, and Arnoldo would have seen it Monday night when Gideon took Corrine out to dinner at Tableau One.

God only knows what went through Arnoldo's head that night Gideon showed up with Corrine. Because Gideon would have let Arnoldo assume what everyone else was assuming, even Corrine herself. Far too much was riding on things that night, when Eva's very life was in danger and Gideon was scrambling to get things set up so he could kill Nathan as soon as possible.

The first night Gideon had Eva over for dinner at their love nest, the dinner fixings came from Arnoldo -- lasagne and salad. My guess is that when Gideon ordered up the food, he set Arnoldo's mind straight about Corrine being history and let Arnoldo assume Gideon was seeing Eva again. Because that's exactly what Gideon did two days later with JFG.

So when I read things over a second time, I realized that Arnoldo being so "nice" to Eva and Brett at his restaurant was really him babysitting the pair of them for Gideon. Not to mention Arnoldo reassuring himself, by watching Eva politely have dinner with a ex she had passionately kissed, that Gideon truly had "won".

I think Gideon let Arnoldo know that something came up and he wouldn't be at the restaurant.  I also think that Gideon asked Arnoldo to keep an eye on Brett & Eva.

Arnoldo let Brett know that Eva was important to Gideon.  Brett said she is important to me too.  Arnoldo then said "may the best man win"  Eva responded "I'm not a prize. Or I should say: I'm no prize."  She felt Arnoldo didn't disagree with her. 

It soon dawned on Arnoldo that Eva wasn't happy.  He knew that Eva wasn't enjoying herself because he noted that she loves to eat and she hardly touched her food.  He also noted that Brett wasn't aware of this love of food and, therefore, didn't know Eva that well. 

I can't figure out Deanna at all...

Why did she suddenly start gunning for Gideon when she did? When was their night together? You would assume shortly before Eva came on the scene, but why does it take her approximately 2 months to start approaching Magdalene etc?

Would an apology really make her stop targeting Gideon after what he'd done? Yes probably if she wanted another shot at him. What doesn't make sense in that scenario though is her sharing the information about the sex tape. Surely you could assume its release would cause a rift between Gideon & Eva which Deanna could try to exploit.

However, telling Gideon about the sex tape helps to get her on his good side, maybe thats her angle. I just cant figure out her agenda at all. What does everyone else think?

I think Gideon let Arnoldo know that something came up and he wouldn't be at the restaurant.  I also think that Gideon asked Arnoldo to keep an eye on Brett & Eva.

Arnoldo let Brett know that Eva was important to Gideon.  Brett said she is important to me too.  Arnoldo then said "may the best man win"  Eva responded "I'm not a prize. Or I should say: I'm no prize."  She felt Arnoldo didn't disagree with her. 

It soon dawned on Arnoldo that Eva wasn't happy.  He knew that Eva wasn't enjoying herself because he noted that she loves to eat and she hardly touched her food.  He also noted that Brett wasn't aware of this love of food and, therefore, didn't know Eva that well. 

Just like Gideon has serious trust rebuilding to do with Eva, Eva has got trust rebuilding to do with Arnoldo.

I think Gideon let Arnoldo know that something came up and he wouldn't be at the restaurant. I also think that Gideon asked Arnoldo to keep an eye on Brett & Eva.

Arnoldo let Brett know that Eva was important to Gideon. Brett said she is important to me too. Arnoldo then said "may the best man win" Eva responded "I'm not a prize. Or I should say: I'm no prize." She felt Arnoldo didn't disagree with her.

It soon dawned on Arnoldo that Eva wasn't happy. He knew that Eva wasn't enjoying herself because he noted that she loves to eat and she hardly touched her food. He also noted that Brett wasn't aware of this love of food and, therefore, didn't know Eva that well.

If it's true that Gideon let Arnoldo know that something had come up and he wouldn't be at the restaurant - this is what bugs me about Gideon. If he had time to let Arnoldo know he wasn't going to make dinner, he had time to text Eva & let her know what was going on.

Instead he leaves her panicking about his reaction to the Golden video for several hours!

Likewise when he buggered off to California to sort out the sex tape - all that required was a simple 2min phone call - sorry something urgent has come up in California, I'll be back tomorrow, we'll talk then.

I would kill my husband if he pulled crap like that on me especially after what had just happened at the hospital!!

Why did she suddenly start gunning for Gideon when she did? When was their night together? You would assume shortly before Eva came on the scene, but why does it take her approximately 2 months to start approaching Magdalene etc?

Would an apology really make her stop targeting Gideon after what he'd done? Yes probably if she wanted another shot at him. What doesn't make sense in that scenario though is her sharing the information about the sex tape. Surely you could assume its release would cause a rift between Gideon & Eva which Deanna could try to exploit.

However, telling Gideon about the sex tape helps to get her on his good side, maybe thats her angle. I just cant figure out her agenda at all. What does everyone else think?

Deanna told Eva that Gideon made her feel like a who.re .  He took a call while they were in the middle of doing the deed.  I think Gideon grovelled a bit and let her know that he was a jerk and she didn't deserve to be treated that way.  As they talked Deanna shared the information that would embarrass Gideon & Eva.

If it's true that Gideon let Arnoldo know that something had come up and he wouldn't be at the restaurant - this is what bugs me about Gideon. If he had time to let Arnoldo know he wasn't going to make dinner, he had time to text Eva & let her know what was going on.

Instead he leaves her panicking about his reaction to the Golden video for several hours!

Likewise when he buggered off to California to sort out the sex tape - all that required was a simple 2min phone call - sorry something urgent has come up in California, I'll be back tomorrow, we'll talk then.

I would kill my husband if he pulled crap like that on me especially after what had just happened at the hospital!!

i don't disagree.  Gideon messes up a lot and he knows he "f**ks up often.  He is learning, I guess.  Thank God Eva is patient most of the time.

So true. He's got to stop doing that sh*t!!!

Graves is definitely continuing to "play" Eva for some sort of cop agenda Graves has going on. What's not clear to me any more is exactly what that agenda is. At the end of Reflected, I was convinced Graves was out to try to trap Gideon using Eva as bait. I'm no longer sure what the case is, though.

But I don't for one second believe Graves simply "ran into" Eva at the Krav Maga studio in Entwined, any more than I believe Graves "ran into" Eva the first time. Scattered among the various truths Graves said to Eva that first time were lies, especially Graves lying about the fact she and her partner were dropping their investigation. It's crystal clear Graves lied, too, about simply bumping into Eva. She wanted info from Eva that night in Reflected -- and she wanted it still in Entwined.

Good afternoon everybody!!!!

My guess is Graves might be after Stanton/Clancy or even Victor...  (why ask Eva what her father thinks of Gedeon?)

With regards Graves I'm wondering whether she does have a soft spot for Eva and Gideon and is still rooting for them. If I was a cop and saw pictures and dealt with a per.vert like Nathan I wouldn't care if he had been murdered, she even said previously that Nathan's ultimate plan was to eventually kill Eva!

I'm wondering if when Graves said to Eva to keep thinking about the bracelet that it wasn't a threat as such but more a warning that someone else knows that Gideon killed Nathan and because Graves doesn't know who the person is or what their intentions are that Eva should still be weary. We are all hopeful that whoever dealt with Nathan and made the links to the mafia is on Gidevas side but maybe Graves is more pessimistic than us!!

Perhaps Graves did tell the truth to Eva that she (Graves) and her partner have together decided to (bad puns intended) -- kill the investigation and bury the facts they uncovered .... the gangster puts Graves' judgment call in jeopardy, and if things get really hinky, then Graves and her partner might get caught.

Because the gangster angle raises the possibility outside law enforcement agencies could get dragged into the case -- and even the case getting taken over by the FBI, the U.S. nationwide government police agency. The vast majority of criminal cases, even the most serious ones like murder, are handled by each individual state within the United States. Right now, the potential case is State of New York vs. Gideon Cross.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation handles only certain categories of crimes, ones that cross over state lines and become national in scope. One of those categories is "organized crime" -- national and international crime gangs, like the Mafia. If the FBI starts sniffing around, then we're talking about a potential new investigation United States of America versus Andrei Yedemsky (that's the name of the now-dead gangster). In the worst case scenario, the investigation of Nathan's murder could be taken away from the NYPD and taken over by the FBI.

The possibility is remote -- the fact the gangster is dead makes is more likely the matter will be shelved as unsolved. But if for some reason, some authorities thought Nathan's murder was part of an even bigger case involving organized crime by the so-called "Russian Mafia" then the FBI could completely take over the whole Nathan murder investigation. Starting with copies of the entire Nathan case file the NYPD assembled.

Even while that bracelet has given Gideon some protection, it has exposed Graves to more risk her decision to quietly send the Nathan murder case into legal limbo might get discovered. So it is in her best interests too to make certain that whoever did plant evidence connecting Nathan and Yedemsky also is friend -- not foe -- to Gideon. If it turns out the person who planted the evidence is protecting Gideon, then that person also has ended up protecting Graves and her partner Mincha.

Deanna told Eva that Gideon made her feel like a who.re . He took a call while they were in the middle of doing the deed. I think Gideon grovelled a bit and let her know that he was a jerk and she didn't deserve to be treated that way. As they talked Deanna shared the information that would embarrass Gideon & Eva.

So do you think she's forgiven him and now just wants to be a friend? Is that why she's helping? How come she waited for Eva to be away from the table before approaching Gideon? Eva likened her to a snake sliding in while her back was turned.

Unfortunately, when Gideon took off to California Gideon regressed back to his secretive ways to protect Eva, when dealing with this. He retreats back into his shell, closing all out. It's his way of dealing with things, and Eva has picked up on this, albeit it sucks.

Hi Rogue,

Gedeon used Deanna to prevent Anne Lucas from approaching him at a social event.... Deanna made herself available, and then bang!

I'd say Deanna thinks either that Gedeon is single or is on a worn-out relationship with Corinne.

Gedeon's attention must have softened Deanna a lot.  As well as the exclusive footage of Gedeon's wedding.

I think Deanna is smelling great drama coming up between Gedeon, Eva and Corinne and the

So do you think she's forgiven him and now just wants to be a friend? Is that why she's helping? How come she waited for Eva to be away from the table before approaching Gideon? Eva likened her to a snake sliding in while her back was turned.

There's an old adage," snake talks with fork tongue"

For heavens sake, she's a journalist(no disrespect to any journalists here) she is after a good story, that's what she does. This woman has bills to pay, do you think she cares about people's feelings(mind you, Gideon didn't care about hers in his f*ckpad). Why suddenly change tack. Gideon giving her attention. Hmm. I'm being cynical again. She is up to no good.

I think she is trying to forgive him but she is still dangerous.  My guess is Eva is still a little insecure and, not only that, she just had that little snake "Anne" whisper in her ear that Deanna had been with Gideon a lot.   Of course, Eva knows Deanna & Gideon only hooked up once and that wasn't very satisfying for either one of them.

For heavens sake, she's a journalist(no disrespect to any journalists here) she is after a good story, that's what she does. This woman has bills to pay, do you think she cares about people's feelings(mind you, Gideon didn't care about hers in his f*ckpad). Why suddenly change tack. Gideon giving her attention. Hmm. I'm being cynical again. She is up to no good.

I agree Julie :P

Disrespect away, Julie -- as a former journalist, I'm the first one to say there's a lot of snakes in the profession. Kinda like lawyers: tread carefully around them ;)

The larger the news market, the more cut-throat they are, none more so than in New York City and Los Angeles. Television journalists are the worst - most of them are hired for their charisma, not their brains. Newspaper people (I used to be one) snark about TV people, saying stuff like "Dumb blondes come in all hair colors and both sexes". Next to the worst are freelancers, because for them it purely IS about the money, NOT any sort of sense of idealism.  Weigh ethics up against money, and most of the time money will win out for a freelancer.

Right now, the reason Deanna is in Camp Cross is because there's a lot of $$$$$$$ in it. But once Gideon does give her those wedding photos, he's going to have to figure out some other way to control Deanna next. Eva's right -- he's "watering the weed". He needs weed control.

I completely agree! If it was the other way around Gideon would've raised he11 and gone crazy and yet somehow its ok for him to do it... i say NO!

Disrespect away, Julie -- as a former journalist, I'm the first one to say there's a lot of snakes in the profession. Kinda like lawyers: tread carefully around them ;)

The larger the news market, the more cut-throat they are, none more so than in New York City and Los Angeles. Television journalists are the worst - most of them are hired for their charisma, not their brains. Newspaper people (I used to be one) snark about TV people, saying stuff like "Dumb blondes come in all hair colors and both sexes". Next to the worst are freelancers, because for them it purely IS about the money, NOT any sort of sense of idealism. Weigh ethics up against money, and most of the time money will win out for a freelancer.

Right now, the reason Deanna is in Camp Cross is because there's a lot of $$$$$$$ in it. But once Gideon does give her those wedding photos, he's going to have to figure out some other way to control Deanna next. Eva's right -- he's "watering the weed". He needs weed control.

So do you think once she's made her money on the wedding photos her desire for revenge will return? Or is she trying to get Gideon back in bed?

Her grudge cant just disappear with money. I dont think we're done with Deanna any time soon

But this is what I can't figure out, if she hasn't forgiven Gideon / is still harbouring a grudge, why tell him about the sex tape? Its release would hurt both Eva & Gideon and she'd get revenge by seeing them hurt & embarrassed by the media... I just can't work out her agenda at all...

The larger the news market, the more cut-throat they are, none more so than in New York City and Los Angeles. Television journalists are the worst - most of them are hired for their charisma, not their brains. Newspaper people (I used to be one) snark about TV people, saying stuff like "Dumb blondes come in all hair colors and both sexes". Next to the worst are freelancers, because for them it purely IS about the money, NOT any sort of sense of idealism.  Weigh ethics up against money, and most of the time money will win out for a freelancer.

I still keep going back to Bared, regarding Eva's abuse, and Gideons warning to destroy any journalist that prints her story. Deanna is a digger. There are unfinished promises to keep. She has her connections, someone is feeding that weed, including Gideon, he can be such a plank!

Her assumptions are not always correct, Eva was never part of the orgy, who told her she was? How did she know about Ian?

I'm still saying Lucas started the ball rolling.

But this is what I can't figure out, if she hasn't forgiven Gideon / is still harbouring a grudge, why tell him about the sex tape? Its release would hurt both Eva & Gideon and she'd get revenge by seeing them hurt & embarrassed by the media... I just can't work out her agenda at all...

I think she just saw the opportunity to finally talk to Gideon and get his attention because thats what she wanted in the first place to be recognized. I agree idk what her agenda is thats why im not ruling out her becoming a problem once again in book 4.

Hi Peachies & Kirsten,

I think that Elizabeth Vidal was too busy glaring at Eva and then at the engagement ring to notice anything else. I think her brain shut down when she saw the ring. After that I think she was seeing big black spots in front of her.

I have also been curious if anybody (other than Eva) heard Angus address Eva as Mrs Cross when he came to the hospital to taker her home for Gideon.