SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you do have a very valid point there about the video (the real video -- not the sex tape) being kinda disrespectful. Brett doesn't get that it is any more than he gets the fact the song can be misinterpreted too -- for him, it's all about him being sorry he took Golden for granted and would do anything now to win her love.

For such a smart, smart lady .... Eva surrounds herself with men who do dumb stuff on a regular basis. Exhibit 1: Gideon. Exhibit 2: Brett. Exhibit 3: BFF Cary. Any questions? ;) ;)  (couldn't resist getting silly)

I think she should just use her Krav Maga skills on all three of them periodically just to show them who' s boss...LOL

I apologize if this is a duplicate question. I am busy this week and I haven't had the time to read everything.

I'm still confused about Graves:

The detectives stop by Eva's and ask her about Nathan and the Russian mob.

Gideon knows he was given a get-out-of-jail-free card and he wants to know why.

Gideon's lawyers tell him the case is cold or on the shelf.

Eva runs into Graves at the Krav Maga class and she is told don't worry the case is cold.

At the same session Graves told Eva she needs to worry about the bracelet.

What's up with all the mixed messages? Is Graves still playing with Eva? Isn't the prosecution required to give the defense accurate information? If yes, why is Graves still hounding Eva?

I think at this point Graves truly gets thewhole dynamic. Graves made a statement to Eva that it's good she's still being cautious. I didn't take it as her meaning protecting Gideon, but about Eva herself. In life, if someone wants to get someone, they will. Even though she admits the case is cold, they have to address any new leads.

You really think it is ok to have the girl you love on a video having sex every which way but up.  They used a girl that Eva said looked like her and even the reporter thought it was her performing.  The golden video appears to be explicit and embarrassed Eva.  I don't think that is love.  Most men that love their girlfriends keep that a little more personal.   I don't think that video is a way to try to get back with someone. To me it told their fans that "golden" is a  little s l u t; that is a time that Eva is trying to get away from.  I'm not a Brett fan at the moment and he will have to go a long way to redeem himself for me. 

Hi Sharonm745, 

I whole heartedly agree Sister! :)  :)  :)

Did anyone else love Arnoldo babysitting for his friend Gideon at the restaurant? He needs to babysit Gideon when he's with Corrine.

Hi MicheleWV, 

It showed a lot of class on Arnoldo's part to both protect the reputaiton of his friend Gideon and his girlfriend Eva.  I actually chuckled a little when I read that passage.  That is straight up old school european! I am sure many people raised by european parents can relate.  :)

Julie, Gideon has reasons for meeting with Deanna and he told Eva that she had been right and he had been wrong to think he could just handle Deanna by brushing her off. One he tells Eva that he knew he had been an a s s hole to her and decided to apologize to her. He meets her at a public bar so no one can get any ideas. I think also he was realizing Deanna was a bad enemy. But I hope he really was sincere in his apology - he had been a right pri*k even if she had come on strong. And virtue was rewarded - she gave him advance warning about the sex tape so he got some lead time before it hit the Internet and tabloids.

And Gideon was ###### smart to make that deal about exclusive rights to the wedding photos. It would keep her from making more trouble amongst all the f-ed up group of Vidals, Girouxs, and who knows who else. Clever Gideon !

Hi Nrock,

Once Gideon agreed to give Deanna the exclusive wedding photo rights, he got her right where he wants her.  If she does anything to violate that contract he can absolutely destroy her.  I don’t see Gideon entering into some standard contract with Deanna.  I think that woman would have had to sign her first born away to get the exclusive rights and I think that Deanna was greedy and petty enough to sign whatever the cost. 

Hi Julie,

I agree.  Gideon was absolutely repulsed by his mother’s hug.  There is no doubt about that.   I think he let his mother hug him in front of everyone to save face for his mother’s sake and not because of love. 

I think that by time Gideon saw Dr. Lucas there was evidence of his abuse.  Gideon mentioned that Dr. Lucas separated him from his family (I am paraphrasing here, but it clear that damage was done as a result of Dr. Lucas’s actions).  What is the only way that someone could separate a child from his family; they cover up the abuse that the child has been complaining about (and most likely the abuser as well).

I believe that the time between the grooming of Gideon (as an abuser does with his victim) was very short and as such, by the time he complained to his mother, there was actual physical evidence of said abuse.  I think that Gideon was psychologically made to feel guilty by his abuser with initial hand contact but that things had escalated quickly after that. 

Abusers by nature do not spend years grooming their victims.  They use the grooming process to quickly assess whether said child can be coerced and abused with little relative protest on the child’s part.  If we have any psychologists/psychiatrists on the panel, I am sure that they can attest to that.

An abuser doesn’t continue to repeat the same act over and over again with the child.  Each time the abuser has contact with his victim, he/she escalates the contact, even if just a little, each time.  The abuser has an objective in mind; (oral, vag****, ana* se*, etc.) and also usually has a limited amount of time with said victim.  Yes in some cases, abusers have unlimited amounts of time with their victims (parents, grandparents, guardians, childcare minders, etc.) but for the most part, they seize their opportunities as they become available (like during a scheduled session).

This could very well be case for Gideon and his abuser.  The abuser knew that he would only have x amount of time with Gideon (45 minutes or an hour at most) and he had to be careful because there may have been linger staff roaming about, so he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to spend ample amounts of time preparing Gideon again.

Let’s also remember that Gideon was abused for a short period of time (or so it is suggested) because a counselor came to counsel Elizabeth Vidal during her pregnancy.  She was having a hard time with Gideon and Christopher Jr.  No mention was made as to whether the counseling sessions continued after Elizabeth Vidal gave birth.  I suspect no, but it is possible that Gideon was in his abusers’ hands for years. 

There would have come a point where Gideon would have reached puberty, increased his body muscle mass and then could have finally reached a point where he snapped (while he was being raped) and attacked his abuser in self-defense.  There isn’t anything written about that, so I will leave the door opens, but for me, by the time Gideon saw Dr. Lucas, there was actual physical evidence and that Dr. Lucas covered up the abuse.

One other quick point, if Hugh abused Gideon, then who’s to say that he didn’t have a trail of victims a mile wide?  I would bet money on it!  I don’t believe for one single, solitary, second that Gideon was Hugh’s first victim!  It would lead me to question whether Hugh’s family knew that he was a pedophile.  Had there been other complaints?  Did anyone in the family suspect him?   What does everyone else think? 

Hi Sscrph,

How on earth did Gideon wind up being seen by Dr. Lucas?  Don’t you find it all extremely coincidental that not only was Gideon seen by Hugh, assessed by Dr. Lucas and then seduced by Anne?  I can understand one coincidence, two maybe but three?  Something has to be going there.  Someone knew what someone else was doing.  Nothing else makes sense.  What do you think?

I wondered about that too but when I first read EWY I felt like he went home.  Of course the more I read and dissect I'm back to wondering if he is doing his own investigation in NYC.   Oh dear this is going to be a long wait for book 4.

Hi Sharonm745, 

I think that Victor went home and began his investigations from there.  He would have had all of the resources at his disposal.  He also would have been able to call in a favour or two if he needed to from San Diego.  I think that it would have been more difficult to get answers in New York.  What do you think?

Hi Sscrph,

I agree with you.  The only people that should have been at the hospital with Corinne were her parents and her husband.  No one else (not unless Corinne’s parents specifically requested the presence of someone else).

One of the other ladies in the forum also mentioned that Corinne was still a married woman.  Good point.  Why on earth would someone want to invite that man that Corinne had left her husband for to the hospital?  Bourgeois indeed!

Hi Sheens263,

Goodness forbid if you husband ever did something that horrible; make sure you cut the crotch out of his pants and undies before you send him packing!  I think that he would be able to read a message like that loud and clear!  :)

Hi Sscrph,

You make a good point.  Unless Elizabeth Vidal, I think Monica would put one of her Louboutin’s up the other mother-in-law’s behind before she’d let her treat Eva badly.  I don’t think that they would join forces though.  Monica is over the moon thrilled that her daughter is getting together with such a “catchâ€, whereas Elizabeth is absolutely horrified because Eva rammed the truth down Lizzard’s face and she didn’t like that a whole heck of a lot!

Hi Sscrph,

You make some good points.  It will be interesting to find out who found Corinne when she attempted suicide.  I definitely don’t think that she locked herself in the bathroom and someone broke down the down.  I think she tried (swallowed the pills), maybe thought better of her actions and tried to call for help, or she passed out and was found by someone.  That someone remains to be named.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

Every time I think about how Anne went about seducing (or at least trying to seduce) Cary I just want to vomit!  I don’t even know if diabolic even begins to cover it.  Thank goodness Cary didn’t actually have s** with her, but still as MicheleWV put it; she had to hike up her skirt to get some action!!  It just boggles the mind!!!   Please someone tell me that she gets jail time in one the next two books….PLEASE!!!!

I agree.  I thought it was Clancy from the minute I read his comments to Eva that he would do anything to protect his family.

I have another thought.  I have really been angry with Brett and Eva going to see him about the video.  What if Eva confronts Brett about the video and he goes to Sam Yimara (spelling) and beats the crap out of him and gets the video back.  Eva saves Gideon a lot of money and she gets to destroy the tape and, best yet, Brett returns to my good graces.  (I really want to like him.)

Hi Sharonm745, 

It would be nice if Eva got to use her Krav Maga skills on a real dirt bag!  What remains to be seen for me is if Brett knew that they were being videotaped during their s** acts.  I really want the answer to that question. 

Hi Sscrph,

I think Gideon had the ring for a long time.  If that ring represented a positive memory for Gideon, then I think he would have held it close to his heart as the saying goes. 

No I'm sure that the tape will not get out.  That would hurt our couple too much.  I can't see Sylvia letting it go that far.

I also don't think Brett will be too pleased a sex tape getting out, of the girl he's trying to woo back. Brett might help Eva in getting it when in SD.

No I'm sure that the tape will not get out.  That would hurt our couple too much.  I can't see Sylvia letting it go that far.

Hi Sharonm745, 

Other than a little mud slinging, I can't see how the tape would really affect Eva.  It would be super crappy for a while and then another scandal would come out and Eva's sex tape would become yesterday's news.  Overall other than embarrassment, I can't see what else could happen. 

Hi Sheens263,

The abuse definitely escalated to ana* penetration and I believe that occurred quite quickly.  Everyone has been speculating that when Gideon was examined by the pediatricians there was no physical proof (due to hand jobs), but I surmise by what I have read and how Gideon explained that situation, that due to the ana* *ex there absolutely would have been physical evidence; an** fissures, rectal tears, scarring, bleeding, enlarged rectal opening, swelling, tenderness, possible partial damage to the sphincter muscle, etc.  AT the very least, Gideon would have had blood in his underwear, would have had trouble walking and or sitting for a long time after and then after each subsequent rape.

Hi Barb55,

I don’t personally think that Gideon and Corinne spent a lot of time with either of their families.  He could barely stand to spend an extended amount of time with Corinne, let alone anyone else.  I sincerely couldn’t see either of them attending a family function or that the engagement would have even been celebrated with a party of sorts by either family.

I think that once Gideon proposed and Corinne said yes, he realized the error of his ways.  I think that he became panic stricken and started to realize just exactly what being engaged to the “wrong†woman would mean to him and his life (which may have also made him panic even more).

I think that maybe Elizabeth Vidal may have manipulated the situation.  I am sure that Corinne would have run home to her family gushing that Gideon (the man that she was crazy in love with) and she were getting married and I think that Corinne’s parents picked up the phone to contact Elizabeth Vidal and thus began the closeness and “pseudo wedding planningâ€. 

I think that the families were friends, said hi, got together occasionally and probably ran in the same   social circles, but the advent of the upcoming wedding probably made these families come together even more.  What does everyone else think?

Hi Sscrph,

I think that all the wackos will finally head back into the woods.  I don’t know how many more axes to grind any of these woman can have.  What I find so hilarious is that all of these women entered into some type of casual consensual se**** encounter.  No one twisted their arms, coerced them or bullied them into dropping their drawers; they did it of their own free volition.  Now they are crying sour grapes…sigh!