SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hello ladies!!! :D

Anne Lucas is a psychiatrist. Gedeon himself says as much when Eva is looking for her at the dinner gala at Cipriani's.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, LN Cronan

I was asking the tech question *grin* Do you copy paste the Word document to this forum or the other way around?

It took me hours to type the complete four charts on List your theories thread. So, it would be a huge help for me if you could tell me how to copy paste the Word document to this forum.

Thank you *blushing*

Ah, well, Microsoft gives us a couple of cool ways to copy and paste. I'm personally a fan of advanced use of the mouse to pull up little shortcut menus, but here is the Copy-Paste 101 Method

1. In the Word document, use the menu bar to select "select all" -- that'll highlight your entire text.

2. In the Word document, use the menu bar to select "copy"

3. Go into a Reply to this topic box here and click in box to get your cursor positioned, just like you'd do to start hand-typing something here.

4. There are two Word-like menu bars at the top of the text. The one you want is on the top bar, far right side, the second to last icon. It looks like a little clipboard and it has the "W" letter on it. That button is "Paste from Word"

5. Click it and that should work.

If your security software doesn't let that direct paste work, it'll pull up a "Paste" box for you to do it old school with your keyboard - holding down the "Ctrl" button at the same time as hitting the letter V on the keyboard.

If this doesn't work, we'll come up with a plan B -- I'm dying to see those charts.

The abuse started off as handjobs. "Teaching Gideon how to master*ate correctly". Probably after the examine to identify if Gideon was abused and nothing was found, Hugh escalated the abuse up to rape. Penetration.

That's why Gideon said he didn't do anal play.

I agree Julie.

I also have to say that when I see you say Lizzie it always makes me giggle.

Sylvia mentioned recently that Corrine's family knew the Vidals, which makes sense, given that at one point Corrine and Gideon were engaged to be married. The engagement didn't end bitterly (not on the surface anyway). Obviously, the families move in the same social circles too. I image they stayed in friendly contact over the years and recently resumed close contact when they all were led to believe Corrine and Gideon were reunited.

Is it possible that Corinne's family knew that Vidals, but Gideon didn't know Corinne prior to meeting in college?  I ask because when Gideon talks to Eva about his relationship with Corinne, it is pretty clear (to me atleast) when he is talking about noticing her on campus that it was not someone he previously knew.

Obviously Sylvia wrote the book, so she is the authority (LOL) but I don't ever recall it being acknowledge that the two families were aquainted and it references that Magdalene's was.  I wonder if Corinne and Magdalene's families were friendly and through Magdalene's family that is how the Vidals met Corinne's family.

So you can see where I'm going. A very dark path where the Lucas family are concerned. I was wondering if Anne kept her maiden name in the practice. Dr Anne ?, Mrs Anne Lucas.

If Anne had an affair with Gideon, while knowing about the abuse by Hugh, she is one screwball. Also I think she was one of the two women who suffered depression along with Corinne at the end of the book. Which she told Eva about. Bunny boiler or what!!

In the United States, a physician receives his/her license to practice medicine on a state government level, instead of from the U.S. Federal Government. For example, Anne and Terry's medical licenses are from the State of New York.

While some things are universal in all 50 states, individual states fine-tune some of their own regulations and procedures -- including the handling of name changes. Some states forbid a doctor from changing the name on his/her medical license. Therefore, women who receive their medical license under a particular name have to keep that name on their license even if their last name later changes through marriage and/or divorce. Other states do allow it (and New York is one of them) -- however, because some states are so strict about keeping doctors' names consistent throughout their medical careers, more often than not, female physicians continue to practice under whatever name they used when they first became full-fledged doctors. It doesn't stop them from using another name for other legal purposes (passports, drivers licenses, etc.) 

Anne and Terry have been married 20 years. If she's in her mid-40s like he is, she already would have been married before finishing medical school in her late 20s. My educated guess is that when she first obtained her medical license and became a full-fledged physician, her last name was Lucas. More likely than not, she'd stay Dr. Lucas even if Terry eventually divorced her cheating  b u t t -- however, in New York, she technically could change to Dr. (something else). 

::: snark alert ::: Honey, it ain't EVAH gonna be Dr. Anne Cross

Is it possible that Corinne's family knew that Vidals, but Gideon didn't know Corinne prior to meeting in college?  I ask because when Gideon talks to Eva about his relationship with Corinne, it is pretty clear (to me atleast) when he is talking about noticing her on campus that it was not someone he previously knew.

Obviously Sylvia wrote the book, so she is the authority (LOL) but I don't ever recall it being acknowledge that the two families were aquainted and it references that Magdalene's was.  I wonder if Corinne and Magdalene's families were friendly and through Magdalene's family that is how the Vidals met Corinne's family.

The Vidals and the Perezes (Magdalene's family) almost certainly are in the exact same social class -- very rich and what would be termed "high society" -- people who are almost minor celebrities because they get seen at public functions for the rich where they rub elbows with the truly rich celebrities (like Gideon.) In this social class, women generally restrict their close friendships to peers. "Ladies Who Lunch" is a term to describe high society women who hang out together.

It's implied that Corrine comes from the same social class as Gideon and Magdalene. But my guess is the families didn't get to know one another on a personal level before Corrine and Gideon started dating. Upon them getting engaged, the families almost certainly would have gotten close, because they would both be involved in the planning of the wedding, especially the mothers.

Gideon comes across as someone who probably was a loner starting when he was a kid, getting bullied by other kids, their parents, and even some teachers -- all because he was Geoffrey Cross' son. Corrine's stalker tendencies, it would appear, started in her own teens -- once she saw a "boy" she wanted, she hunted him down. Poor 18-year-old Gideon.

Magdalene probably knew Gideon from when he was younger than 18. I wonder when it was she developed her unrequited crush on the guy. Certainly, she ended up on the sidelines when Gideon got his first real girlfriend, Corrine. And I wonder how soon it was after Corrine vanished that Magdalene moved in, determined to fill the void. I'd like to think Magdalene liked Gideon years before he became so insanely rich.

I think the Vidals became acquainted with Corinne's family after the engagement. Someone posted earlier that Gideon may have spent holidays at their home while engaged and I believe this to be true .

The Vidals and the Perezes (Magdalene's family) almost certainly are in the exact same social class -- very rich and what would be termed "high society" -- people who are almost minor celebrities because they get seen at public functions for the rich where they rub elbows with the truly rich celebrities (like Gideon.) In this social class, women generally restrict their close friendships to peers. "Ladies Who Lunch" is a term to describe high society women who hang out together.

It's implied that Corrine comes from the same social class as Gideon and Magdalene. But my guess is the families didn't get to know one another on a personal level before Corrine and Gideon started dating. Upon them getting engaged, the families almost certainly would have gotten close, because they would both be involved in the planning of the wedding, especially the mothers.

Gideon comes across as someone who probably was a loner starting when he was a kid, getting bullied by other kids, their parents, and even some teachers -- all because he was Geoffrey Cross' son. Corrine's stalker tendencies, it would appear, started in her own teens -- once she saw a "boy" she wanted, she hunted him down. Poor 18-year-old Gideon.

Magdalene probably knew Gideon from when he was younger than 18. I wonder when it was she developed her unrequited crush on the guy. Certainly, she ended up on the sidelines when Gideon got his first real girlfriend, Corrine. And I wonder how soon it was after Corrine vanished that Magdalene moved in, determined to fill the void. I'd like to think Magdalene liked Gideon years before he became so insanely rich.

I agree Magadalene was the girl next door so to speak she grew up with Gideon as the mothers were best friends . They may have attended different colleges that is when Magdalene probably was at a disadvantage and Corinne moved in. After the engagement was broken Mags moved back in determined to be Gideon's wife until Eva came along and burst her bubble...

Really once again setting the "twin demons" aside a lot of the angst in the series stems from Gideon's cluelessness about relationships and women. Thank God he has Eva and her street smarts to set him straight. He just cannot see Corinne as the conniving, desperate female she is ... I mean Eva already pointed out to him that he is the ultimate prize and women will do anything to get him. They are lining up now because they saw that the ICEMAN did indeed thaw, maybe they think he's ready for marriage now and they all want to queue up but OMG Corinne, Deanna, Anne, Magdalene and all the other unnamed brunettes ...Hopefully GidEva will not be forever plagued by these desperate exes as Gideon says there has to come a point where they realize there is no chance and I hope that point comes soon for their sake because you would hate to see their marriage constantly bombarded with these bullying brunettes and the lone red head of course!!!

You know what I'm struggling with? Why all of a sudden Elizabeth thinks Eva is to blame and she said to her "I won't let you take him away from me?!"

It was clear from the get go that Gideon and his mums relationship was strained to say the least, to be honest with his whole family!! Why is she suddenly pushing the blame onto Eva, I don't think Gideon acted any different to his mum before and after he met Eva! Is it purely cos Eva called her out on the abuse?!

Who cares about Lizzie..?

Dr. Terry and Anne-what a couple of whackos. They deserve each other.

At first I thought they were still married but I don't so..! I say this because Lucas himself said "frankly I'm so bitter I wouldn't believe me either" so I'm assuming the affair broke their marriage..!!

It just occurred to me that as soon as Corrine becomes medically stable enough to leave intensive care, she'll possibly (I say probably) be transferred to psychiatric inpatient care. If it's true Dr. Anne Lucas was feeding her inappropriate types and/or dosages of anti-depressants -- to a pregnant patient no less -- then Lucas is likely going to end up in serious trouble.

Because she'll be coming under the care of a new psychiatrist during her inpatient stay, one who almost certainly is going to go over Corrine's recent history.

Major medical practice suit is one possibility, as might be actions concerning Anne's medical license.

I'll bet Anne wasn't counting on Corrine surviving.

Or maybe the opposite..! If Anne was not the doctor and Corrine goes to psychiatric care just might run into Anne then..!

So you can see where I'm going. A very dark path where the Lucas family are concerned. I was wondering if Anne kept her maiden name in the practice. Dr Anne ?, Mrs Anne Lucas.

If Anne had an affair with Gideon, while knowing about the abuse by Hugh, she is one screwball. Also I think she was one of the two women who suffered depression along with Corinne at the end of the book. Which she told Eva about. Bunny boiler or what!!

Julie - I had mentioned this somewhere else.   When Anne mentioned about 2 women being depressed over him, I believe the other women was Anne.

I am not sure that I think that while Gideon and Corrine were engaged that they spent any quality time with his family.  He does not like spending time with any of them now.  How did the two families get close??

Methinks that Lizzie did the exact same thing she tried right away with Eva -- to latch onto Eva as a means to get GidEva as a couple to come to family dinners and such. Had Lizzie had any degree of success in establishing a rapport with Eva, I'm sure Lizzie probably would start inviting Monica to join her (Lizzie's) clique of Ladies Who Lunch.

I can see the same dynamic tried, with a higher degree of success, with Corrine.

I actually wonder whether Gideon started spending holidays with Corrine's family as a means to avoid spending holidays with his. "Oh sorry, Mother, but Corrine and I are eating Thanksgiving dinner with her family .... Nope, can't come over for Christmas Eve, Mother, because I promised Corrine's family that I would ....."

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I read somewhere that Henry C. was gay (not that there is anything wrong in that), but it does put a damper on all the fantasising(spelling)  :(  but he is nice to look at.    Maybe Superman will prove me wrong.

At first I thought they were still married but I don't so..! I say this because Lucas himself said "frankly I'm so bitter I wouldn't believe me either" so I'm assuming the affair broke their marriage..!!

Eva's Google research indicated the Lucas' marital status as married. It's possible that since changed, but since Eva's whole reason at that time (the morning after the fundraiser dinner fiasco) was to check out Terry's wife (brunette paranoia) it might be possible that the Lucases have since divorced. Because the picture Eva checked out obviously was outdated -- Anne had a short hair style in it, but Anne's hair was longer when Eva saw her in the flesh at the very end of Entwined.

I do find it very odd that the Lucases apparently don't attend functions together. The night of the Fundraiser Fiasco, Terry obviously was stag. Meanwhile, it would appear Anne was stag at the dinner at the very end of Entwined.

It would make sense that if Terry "lost" Anne because of Gideon, he'd be even more bitter. C'mon -- after a woman has had Gideon Cross, is she gonna go back to Terry? The point at which Gideon got his revenge by "breaking" Anne was dumping her as soon as she announced she was going to leave Terry for Gideon.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I read somewhere that Henry C. was gay (not that there is anything wrong in that), but it does put a damper on all the fantasising(spelling)  :(  but he is nice to look at.    Maybe Superman will prove me wrong.

Nope...he's not gay. He's dating ....oh I forgot her name...that MMA fighter...

Matt Bomer is gay...

We can still fantasize :)

I'm still going my theory that she is the shrink and Hugh the doctorate that tended to Lizzy Gideon and Chris. If that is the case, I hope they have a padded family cell for the whole screwed up bunch of them. Gideon said they were all f*cked up. Very worrying

Julie, I really doubt Gideon would have slept with her knowing that she knew her little brother raped him..! Further more why would she want to sleep with someone her brother was accused of raping.!? There would be no need for Gideon to "payback" Dr Lucas.! Him sleeping with Anne was his payback to Lucas for lying..! If she already knew what her brother did the would be no need for Gideon to sleep with her ..!

Does anyone else think that Gideon was already thinking /planning wedding back in Reflected when Eva chased him it his place and he found her there after his appt with Dr Patterson when he said what they had together was the one rock solid thing they should depend on and that he was going to give it to them and Eva was going to let him or words to that effect ?

Yup..! He says you think I would ask you this on the fly.? I been planning this for weeks now..!!

Ala Eva, I did some Googling. Right now, Henry is dating a woman, Gina Carano, and publicly has said he's straight but has a lot of gay friends.

However, the gay rumors have been so persistent for years that I wonder whether he might have experimented in the past? Or might even be bisexual but with a clear preference for women.

I'd take him in any case!!!!!

Methinks that Lizzie did the exact same thing she tried right away with Eva -- to latch onto Eva as a means to get GidEva as a couple to come to family dinners and such. Had Lizzie had any degree of success in establishing a rapport with Eva, I'm sure Lizzie probably would start inviting Monica to join her (Lizzie's) clique of Ladies Who Lunch.

I can see the same dynamic tried, with a higher degree of success, with Corrine.

I actually wonder whether Gideon started spending holidays with Corrine's family as a means to avoid spending holidays with his. "Oh sorry, Mother, but Corrine and I are eating Thanksgiving dinner with her family .... Nope, can't come over for Christmas Eve, Mother, because I promised Corrine's family that I would ....."

That makes total sense.  Corrine is a totally different person then Eva!!!