SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Good night ladies,

It's 2.45 a.m. and I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

Sweet dreams everybody!!!

Ciao.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this will work but here's a link to an article in a British paper with some outrageously yummy new pics of Henry Cavill!! One in particular is how I imagine him just out the shower hair slicked back mmmmmmm!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2339099/Superman-Henry-Cavill-Lois-Lane-Amy-Adams-unite-steely-photo-shoot.html

Heart skipped a beat, brain completely misfired, and well below the belt.........ummm I will stay pg. Lets just say I really liked that pic of Henry. Lol :D

Not sure if this will work but here's a link to an article in a British paper with some outrageously yummy new pics of Henry Cavill!! One in particular is how I imagine him just out the shower hair slicked back mmmmmmm!!!

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2339099/Superman-Henry-Cavill-Lois-Lane-Amy-Adams-unite-steely-photo-shoot.html"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2339099/Superman-Henry-Cavill-Lois-Lane-Amy-Adams-unite-steely-photo-shoot.html[/uD

O H   M Y   G O D!!!

Another restless night  here in Italy!!!!!

Please keep them coming because they really ae a treat.

:D

OMG this reminds me of what Gideon would have looked like that awful period when he was estranged from Eva...

As I was reading this, my mouth fell open because I can relate. I ended up getting married the same way and my husband expressing the same idea. He was traveling with work and probably put in situations that he felt uncomfortable with. (That's what i've always thought and wedding planning makes most men uncomfortable.). It's not about not trusting Eva or himself. It's about someone with an impulsive personality that wants what they want when they want it and can't justify other options.

Gideon and Eva have all kinds of crazy stuff coming at them with no end in sight. Brett, Corrine and her hubby, Deanna, Cary, Elizabeth are intertwined in their business dealings/life and Gideon NEEDS them to understand that he and Eva are off the market. They're together so give it up. They may still try to break them up, but it's done in the eyes of the law, God and each other.

Hi MicheleWV, 

You make a good point.  It doesn't seem like there is going to be end in sight for these two, at least not for the next little while (about two books worth I am sure).  :)

Just a thought, if Hugh worked in practice with Anne, and Lucas or the other paediatrician hadn't lied and Gideons abuse was confirmed, a lawsuit would have ruined Anne's and Hugh's careers and family name forever.

Gideons comments to Hugh, caused him to commit suicide. Anne is after revenge, anyway she can.

We don't know what kind of doctor Anne is thus far; is she a pediatrician, psychiatrist, what?  Wouldn't she have worked with her husband then?  I don't get the sense that Anne and Hugh would have worked together.  What seems to be in question is whether Anne would have known that her brother was raping Gideon and if she knew that then why on earth would she hunt Gideon down and have an affair with him several years later?   

Do you think that if Dr. Lucas did cover up the abuse, that he would have professionally associated himself with Hugh?  There are so many questions.  It is like running on a hamster wheel.  We keep going around and around and around.  I hope we get answers before the end of the year.

Hi everyone,

I was re-reading the book and I came across this interesting tidbit on page 61.  Gideon went and bought Corinne’s engagement ring from the first jeweler story that he went to.   He goes on to discuss why he did and the sentiment that relayed was basically that looking for a ring was more an act of a function then of a man who was in love and looking for the perfect ring for the perfect woman.

That me to thinking, that I don’t think that Gideon ever went to his mother to ask for her engagement ring; either under the pretense of giving it to Corinne or anyone else.  I get the feeling that Gideon had this ring for a very long time, long before Eva came into the picture.

It is also plausible that the ring may have been seized and Gideon tracked it down and bought it at a later date, but I get the feeling (yes I have no documentation to support this) that he got then ring as part of his statement settlement when his father died.  What does everyone think?

Hi ShazScott1980,

I was wondering about the same thing myself.  We the readers hear so little from Gideon that it is hard to tell either way.  He is finally just beginning to open up to Eva about his actions (much of the time after the fact) but at least he is finally starting to let Eva into his head and his heart.  I wonder whether he said anything to his mother about that conversation or whether (like many other times) he sits and broods and plans in secret. 

Many forum readers have been speculating about show downs and I have to wonder whether Gideon may end up having a lollapalooza of a showdown with his mother?  I wonder whether Gideon is just arming himself with emotional ammunition or whether; with time and distance and perspective, he will pick a time and confront his mother about everything that has been going on.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Mam2e

I have a Word document with a synopsis of every chapter of Bared to You and Reflected in You.

Back when we were as a group doing the re-read a chapter per day of both books, I took on a project to create a Readers Guide cheat sheet for every chapter. It turned out to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

If go back into the Re-Read A Chapter A Day thread, you can find each of the summaries.

Hi, LN Cronan

I've been wanting to ask you about it. Do you copy paste the Word document to this forum or the other way around?

Care to explain the details? *blushing*

Thank you

PS: I will get the book eventually. insideofclouds has finally got her book and the donkey's heading for gabri's. Hopefully I'd be the next drop off. I have faith in you, donkey. Gideup! [i'm using your term, Julie. Hope you don't mind *wink*]

Hi Donnad,

I don’t think that Corinne would have seen any doctor that Gideon saw as a child.  My understanding that Gideon would have been examined by a pediatrician and not just a family physician.  I am not sure how child medical care is handled in other parts of the world but in Canada, children are specifically seen by pediatricians and not general physicians.  They have several more years of specialized training and are able to treat childhood illnesses which specialized knowledge.  I know that in some remote areas people can’t necessarily gain access to these doctors, but the books did not lay out that type of scenario.  So I have to back to original theory that Gideon was seen by pediatricians.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Whiteybitey,

I agree with your assessment.  I think that Elizabeth does try to blame everyone else but herself.  If she were to actually sit back and look at all the damage she caused by not believing her child when he went to her and told her that he was being abused AND she never fired the professionals in question, it might be too much for her to bear.

Hi Sharonm745,

I read your posting and I don’t even think that Gideon would have entertained discussion about Vidal Records at his home.   I think that Elizabeth Vidal pulled the nosy mother, just dropping by bit to try and get her son to talk to her.  I am not sure how many of her phone calls he would necessarily take.  I don’t think that he would ignore his mother completely but I think that Gideon definitely knows his mother’s number (an expression of sorts…he knows her tricks and just wouldn’t really play into them). 

Hi Sheens263,

I agree with you.  There is something really off about Elizabeth Vidal.  I stated it in previous postings and quickly I’ll just say that I was quite concerned when Eva talked about how Elizabeth Vidal touched her intimately and how it set off alarm bells (I am paraphrasing here)  for Eva, but basically the sentiment is that Eva didn’t like the interaction.  I hope we get a chance to see what on earth went on between Gideon and his mom during his early years. 

Hi Donnad,

The question was whether when someone commits a criminal act; like a Ponzi scheme, whether the authorities could recoup assets that weren’t acquired with ill gotten gains and it was explained that the authorities could take just about whatever was deemed an assets in attempts to try and repay the victims.

Hi Sscrph,

It was my understanding that Corinne sought treatment on an out-patient basis (i.e. she found a psychiatrist in private practice), but you are actually correct that prior to being prescribed any medication, Corinne would have been asked if there was any possibility that she might be pregnant.  If she was hesitant in any way, she would have been sent for a pregnancy test (via a blood draw). 

Then again, what I have laid out is the “Gold Standard†of practice, but what seems to have across in every freaking situation as far as the medical aspects of these books have been that absolutely NOTHING was ever done adhearing to medical standards (i.e. things that medical professionals were supposed to do but never did and therefore could wind up in jail for).  So time will tell if this situation with Corinne was yet another familiar pattern already established in the previous books.

Hi Sscrph,

Anne having extra-marital affairs is one thing, but how did she know who Cary was?  Did she track him down?  Look him up on the internet?  If she was looking for a little nooky then why pick Cary?  I think that woman was targeting Cary specifically.  What I want to know at the end of the day is why?  Did she hope to hurt Eva?  Gideon?  Cary?  There has got to be something more there definitely.

Hi everyone,

There may be many reasons why Ireland likes Eva and found a connection with her. 

• Ireland is now older and therefore might be looking to find a connection between herself and her brother.
  • Gideon and Corinne would have dated many years ago and as such, Ireland may not have had as much of an interest in forming a relationship with Gideon or Corinne.
  • Gideon may have been talked about around the “dinner table†and much of it may not have been so positive and as such Ireland may have shied away. 
  • Now that Ireland is older, she much more capable of finding ways to get in contact with her brother and his girlfriend/more (wink, wink) then a child would.
  • Ireland may also have taken this time apart from her brother to assess the family situation and have intuitively realized that there is something askew in her family’s dynamics.  Therefore she going to find the person (Gideon) tries to develop a relationship with him and find out for herself what the deal is.
  • Ireland may also not necessarily have a great relationship with Christopher Jr. (her actual full blood relation) and may be seeking out a relationship with her half-brother in hopes that he may fulfill that “big brother†role. 

All I am saying is that if everyone else in the Vidal family clan is capable of being shrewd negotiators, then why couldn’t a little of that have rubbed off on Ireland as well?  I personally don’t think that there is any one thing that is driving the desire for this relationship between Ireland and her brother.

I also don’t think that Corinne would have had any negative relations with Ireland either.  I just think that it was a matter of different times and different head spaces between all parties.  What does everyone think?