SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I wonder whether Magdalene has shown Christopher the sex tape involving the pair of them -- and told him where she got the tape (from Gideon). I can see New Magdalene letting Christopher have it (you go, gurl!!!)

And Christopher takes the sibling rivalry to new heights with a gift he's just be handed -- a sex tape featuring Gideon's fiancee and a recording star for Vidal Records. A tape probably a lot more XXX than still-clothed Magdalene and Christopher caught on cell phone video from a concealed spot in a hedge. The Eva/Brett footage is from hidden cameras set up by an experienced videographer, and let's admit it, Eva probably got wild with Brett.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a thought and am wondering what everyone else thinks. Gideon is wearing a wedding band at this point. Did Lizzie (bth_emoticon_laughing.gif )  not notice this?

Hi Kirsten

Maybe she did, but she was much much much more distracted by seeing her own engagement ring on Eva's hand.

PS. Awsome smiley face!!!

I suspect that Christopher Jr. knows about the sex tape and has told Lizzie .... and Lizzie is going to attempt to drive Eva away by threatening exposure (bad pun intended) if she doesn't end things with her son (so poor little Corrine can have him.)

I think the setting they were in at the time -- the middle of a high profile society event -- is what made Lizzie stop short of hitting Eva with the sex tape. Unfortunately, I can envision Lizzie calling up Eva the next morning (day one of Book 4).

And I can envision Gedeon telling Lizzie what to do with that video!!!

A couple thoughts.  The discussion about the Gideon/Terry relationship.  I think that by the time Gideon went to Terry there would be an indication of rape.  If he was still at the hand job stage why would Gideon be so angry.  He would know that there wasn't any tangible proof of abuse.  I don't know what was going on when the first doctor say Gideon but I'm positive that Terry had proof that he covered up.

Regarding Corinne.  I think her husband found her and called Corinne's parents, like a husband should.  I suspect Corinne's parents were at an event with Liz and went to the hospital together.  Eva knows that JFG told Corinne about her engagement and that sent her over the edge.  I agree with everyone that Gideon never should have gone to the hospital.  Even if he did, it would make more sense if he took in the situation and left knowing that her husband was there.  Gideon continues to take too active a role in Corinne's life and problems.

One more thought about the video.  I suspect the Chris Jr. knows about the sex tape and told his mother as a way to continue to drive a wedge between her and Eva.  The sad thing is I don't think Elizabeth would hurt Gideon again if she knew he was already married.  I think deep down Elizabeth knows that she failed her son; she just can't admit it out loud.  Eva saw the love in Liz's eyes when she looks at Gideon.  I think if Gideon ever talks to his mother she will see how happy he is with Eva. 

A couple thoughts.  The discussion about the Gideon/Terry relationship.  I think that by the time Gideon went to Terry there would be an indication of rape.  If he was still at the hand job stage why would Gideon be so angry.  He would know that there wasn't any tangible proof of abuse.  I don't know what was going on when the first doctor say Gideon but I'm positive that Terry had proof that he covered up.

Regarding Corinne.  I think her husband found her and called Corinne's parents, like a husband should.  I suspect Corinne's parents were at an event with Liz and went to the hospital together.  Eva knows that JFG told Corinne about her engagement and that sent her over the edge.  I agree with everyone that Gideon never should have gone to the hospital.  Even if he did, it would make more sense if he took in the situation and left knowing that her husband was there.  Gideon continues to take too active a role in Corinne's life and problems.

I felt sorry for Eva and JFG.   They were the outsiders when they were there.

I'm not sure that any of the Vidal's know about the sex tape. It is likely that Christopher knows about the fight between Gideon and Brett, and we know that he knows Eva is Golden - Christopher may have told his mother that Eva is now dating Brett but Gideon was trying to get her back at the Times Sq event.

If Elizabeth knows about the fight between Gideon and Brett (and the reason behind it) this could explain her comment.

I really dont see Gideon sharing the information with any of the Vidal's about the sex tape, and he currently has a temporary ban on anyone releasing it or releasing any information about the court proceedings. How would they know about it? The guy who's trying to sell it would have been approaching media outlets to sell it not the record company.

Hi Kirsten

Maybe she did, but she was much much much more distracted by seeing her own engagement ring on Eva's hand.

PS. Awsome smiley face!!!

I would have to reread it but wasn't he wearing the wedding ring when he was at the hospital.   The engagement ring would stand out (at the event) because it was Lizzy's.   Everyone wants to look at the brides rings and not the man's ring.

I would have to reread it but wasn't he wearing the wedding ring when he was at the hospital. The engagement ring would stand out (at the event) because it was Lizzy's. Everyone wants to look at the brides rings and not the man's ring.

Yes I think he was. Given his comments about his promise ring in RIY when he says he never takes it off and never will, I think we can safely assume the same is true of his wedding ring.

I would have to reread it but wasn't he wearing the wedding ring when he was at the hospital. The engagement ring would stand out (at the event) because it was Lizzy's. Everyone wants to look at the brides rings and not the man's ring.

Gideon was wearing his ring at the hospital. Eva gave it to him after her chat with JFG. Which was before going to the hospital.

I would have to reread it but wasn't he wearing the wedding ring when he was at the hospital.   The engagement ring would stand out (at the event) because it was Lizzy's.   Everyone wants to look at the brides rings and not the man's ring.

Sorry. My mistake.

I was thinking the same thing-didn't anyone notice?

Also did Eva get a wedding band or is Lizzie's ring considered her wedding ring?

I wonder if they're both still wearing their promise rings.

I remember Eva looking down at her promise ring so I think they are both still wearing them.

I wondered if Eva would get a different Wedding band or will Lizzie's ring be the one she wears all the time as I just thought it would look funny if that is what she is wearing as an engagement ring and when they get married she puts the same ring back on.

I was thinking the same thing-didn't anyone notice?

Also did Eva get a wedding band or is Lizzie's ring considered her wedding ring?

I wonder if they're both still wearing their promise rings.

I can not see either of them EVER taking off the promise rings means to much to both of them!!!

Gedeon still feels guilty about his leading Corinne on.......

Eva, please, make him see some reason!!!!

I apologize if this is a duplicate question.  I am busy this week and I haven't had the time to read everything.

I'm still confused about Graves:

The detectives stop by Eva's and ask her about Nathan and the Russian mob.

Gideon knows he was given a get-out-of-jail-free card and he wants to know why.

Gideon's lawyers tell him the case is cold or on the shelf.

Eva runs into Graves at the Krav Maga class and she is told don't worry the case is cold.

At the same session Graves told Eva she needs to worry about the bracelet.

What's up with all the mixed messages?  Is Graves still playing with Eva?  Isn't the prosecution required to give the defense accurate information?  If yes, why is Graves still hounding Eva?

Gedeon still feels guilty about his leading Corinne on.......

Eva, please, make him see some reason!!!!

I know.  It is the one thing that drives me crazy about Gideon.  He needs to give up the ghost.  It also fuels Eva and I just hate that she keeps playing with Brett. 

I went back through all the Brett encounters and Eva always has "sexy" thoughts about him and his voice but she knows in her heart that he is trouble.  Neither one of these main characters can step away from their bad relationships.  I want to hit them over the head sometimes.

In chapter seven, Eva tells Gideon, not to lead Deanna on with any contact, that she's probably still digging in to him.

So what does the chump do at the end of the book. Three phone calls on his cell, a trip to the wine bar, and a chat at the dinner at Cipriani's. As Eva said, he's watering the weed! So love that expression!

Duh! Mr Clueless isnt listening to Mrs Streetwise.

This will come back to bite him in the bum!

I know.  It is the one thing that drives me crazy about Gideon.  He needs to give up the ghost.  It also fuels Eva and I just hate that she keeps playing with Brett. 

I went back through all the Brett encounters and Eva always has "sexy" thoughts about him and his voice but she knows in her heart that he is trouble.  Neither one of these main characters can step away from their bad relationships.  I want to hit them over the head sometimes.

You and me both.

I remember Eva looking down at her promise ring so I think they are both still wearing them.

I wondered if Eva would get a different Wedding band or will Lizzie's ring be the one she wears all the time as I just thought it would look funny if that is what she is wearing as an engagement ring and when they get married she puts the same ring back on.

She might go the Italian way and have both the engagement ring and the wedding band on the same finger.

Are Italian women the only ones to wear two rings?

As Eva said, "chemistry is chemistry" .What I'm worried about is Eva's changing attitude towards Brett. Despite all those sh*tty days when she used to lounge abot waiting for him, she doesn't want to lead him on and even feels guilty at the thought of it. For Brett "is a good person"!

Who?