"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

The May date rumor started because Amazon UK had a preorder up for CBY, that was then copied by some foreign bookseller websites. This error was overseas only and never affected any US booksellers or e-tailers. The UK preorder was an error and was quickly removed (Penguin UK released a statement here: http://po.st/l3RuYS explaining).

AFTERBURN and AFTERSHOCK are published by Harlequin in conjunction with Cosmopolitan magazine. They have a completely separate distribution and order fullfillment process, but they face the same issue all my traditional publishers do--booksellers don't want my ebooks to release before the paperbacks. Therefore, if the publisher has to move the paperback release date for any reason, they have to move the ebook, too. Moving forward, my publishers aren't placing my books up for preorder until the paperback release date is immovable and set in stone, so that there's no chance of the release being moved. This couldn't be worked out with Harlequin.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again... It's impossible to compare the releases of my books to other authors, unless you're looking at authors like Dan Brown and George R. R. Martin--authors who don't have preorders for their next books available until a few weeks before the book comes out. It's a major endeavor for a publisher and retailers to get over a million books out on shelves on a single day. No one wants what happened with REFLECTED IN YOU (which sold out before noon on the day of release) to happen again. If you think it's frustrating waiting for a release date, imagine how frustrating it is when the release date comes and every store you visit is sold out of the book and you have to wait another week for them to restock. Those who read ebooks don't have this worry, but I have a lot of paperback readers who buy their books in stores and they want the books on time, too.

I know it seems like nothing is happening, but trust me... things are happening; I'm just not at liberty to discuss a lot of it. All the various pieces are being put into place so that the "reveal" has no missing or moveable parts. (This goes for the TV show, too, which is a completely separate thing from the books--the timeline of one is in no way dependent on the other.) I'm really looking forward to the day when announcements are made!

Thanks Sylvia for explaining everything to us! I think you have created a monster of super Gideon fans with your story, but I have a question over Eva's timeline that is seriously confusing me. What did Eva do the two years between her undergrad degree and when she moved to New York? She explains to Gideon she hadn't been dating in college because she was working on her thesis and bared to you begins with Eva explains she is freshly graduated, yet she is 24...? What did Eva do between her undergrad and moving NYC? Did she take two years off, earn a graduate degree, or wait two years to move from San Diego to New York? I'm a college student who is about to graduate and usually when people graduate when they are twenty four they have a reason like the ones I mentioned. Disclaimer: I have nothing against anyone who earned a degree later than other people their age, but I am just confused as to what Eva's circumstances were in college.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its too quiet on here ladies lol. ..

well ladies  we have talked to death most topics.  and I am afraid we are getting on Sylvia's nerves.   She needs to recuperate to finish book 5!!  I guess we will hear something when Sylvia has everything solidified.  Sooner rather than later.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Even though I am very excited for more Gideon and Eva, at this point I feel like I could wait until after the holidays..Happy Holidays everyone..

Same to you Jeanmarie and everyone on the forum ... As I mentioned earlier I'm hoping Valentines Day but I'm not ruling out New Years either!! 2014 will be here before we know it!!

Regardless of when Captivated is released I know I will read it at least 50 times.  As soon as the release date is announced I will start re-reading (I've lost count of how many times I've read these books) from Bared.  As many times as I've read them I catch something I missed or forgot. 

As much as I like this series, I really enjoy the discussions here.  I can't wait for the comments for you all after reading Captivated and the speculation about what will happen in book 5.

I was just thinking...

Sylvia gets so much grief about the release dates of her books, she will probably be very happy when Crossfire #5 is on the shelf but I will be sad to let the series go.  As much as I want to read the next chapter I am going to really hate reading the final "The End" on the Gideon/Eva story.

I was a big "24" fan and didn't want to see the end of Jack Bauer.  I DVRd the final season and didn't watch it for a long time just to hold onto the series. I feel the same about Gideon & Eva I want the HEA but I don't want the series to end.  Feeling conflicted.  puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sharon--

I so know what you mean.  We will all be so sad when we say our good-byes to G and E but I bet we all reread a ton of times and buy the DVD's of the TV show.   When I am into a series, I hate when it ends.  I felt that way when I finished the THIS MAN series and the other day when I finished the GABRIEL series.  Not so much when I finished other series.  But CROSSFIRE---AMAZING.

I was just thinking...

Sylvia gets so much grief about the release dates of her books, she will probably be very happy when Crossfire #5 is on the shelf but I will be sad to let the series go.  As much as I want to read the next chapter I am going to really hate reading the final "The End" on the Gideon/Eva story.

I was a big "24" fan and didn't want to see the end of Jack Bauer.  I DVRd the final season and didn't watch it for a long time just to hold onto the series. I feel the same about Gideon & Eva I want the HEA but I don't want the series to end.  Feeling conflicted.  puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh Sharon, let's be positive for the moment and not think about 'The End', we still have two books to read, a lot to comment here and a tv show to see! Plenty of time till we'll feel sorry.

BTW, I think Jack Bauer will be back for a new season ;):)

Sharon--

I so know what you mean.  We will all be so sad when we say our good-byes to G and E but I bet we all reread a ton of times and buy the DVD's of the TV show.   When I am into a series, I hate when it ends.  I felt that way when I finished the THIS MAN series and the other day when I finished the GABRIEL series.  Not so much when I finished other series.  But CROSSFIRE---AMAZING.

The end of This Man was more or less OK to me, but the one on Gabriel's... I missed a resolution to Rachel' and Aaron's issue.

Sure Crossfire's will be completely closed and a nice HEA.

Gaia--

I agree with you about Rachael and Aaron.  Wanted their HEA but it is the whole set of characters in those 2 series that I will miss.  You are right that the ending of THIS MAN did resolve everyone's issues.  I just love Jesse and Ava.  And I adore Julia and Gabriel.  

Its too quiet on here ladies lol. ..

Nothing to talk about :(  Patiently waiting....Bummed about Aftershock still b/c that would've held me over  :sad02:

Does anyone have any ideas on the plot hole I asked about in Eva's timeline?

I was a bit confused too....I wondered where she lived before she went to SD...and also she seems to know places in NYC pretty well... she's been to certain places before. I guess she visited since Monica lives there.

well ladies  we have talked to death most topics.  and I am afraid we are getting on Sylvia's nerves.   She needs to recuperate to finish book 5!!  I guess we will hear something when Sylvia has everything solidified.  Sooner rather than later.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Yes! Happy Holidays to you all too :):santa:

The end of This Man was more or less OK to me, but the one on Gabriel's... I missed a resolution to Rachel' and Aaron's issue.

Sure Crossfire's will be completely closed and a nice HEA.

I really didn't like This Man, at all ...Could barely finish second book and didn't even want to start third :(  It got so many great reviews tho...so I must be a minority.  Gabriel's still on my list to read. The series is complete?

Can't wait to see how Sylvia ends Crossfire. It'll be beautiful I'm sure w/ a nice HEA :)  So many things to tie up. I want to read about the wedding dress!!  And Victor walking her down the aisle....and maybe a  convo on how Gideon asked for Victor for her hand.....sigh....can't wait :)

Hi, hope you will all have a nice Christmas and new year!

Just a question as I have not been on this forum for a long time... Does anyone know why LN CRONAN does not write anymore? I used to really enjoy her posts and I can't seem to find any recent one which I found quite strange...

Thank you!

Just a question as I have not been on this forum for a long time... Does anyone know why LN CRONAN does not write anymore? I used to really enjoy her posts and I can't seem to find any recent one which I found quite strange...

Thank you!

Oh Sharon, let's be positive for the moment and not think about 'The End', we still have two books to read, a lot to comment here and a tv show to see! Plenty of time till we'll feel sorry.

BTW, I think Jack Bauer will be back for a new season ;):)

I heard the Jack is coming back and that makes me happy.  Touch wasn't very successful even though Fox gave Kieffer Sutherland more time than most new show get.  I suspect they felt they owed him since 24 was so successful.

My "The End" referred to the book series.  I know Eva and Gideon will last longer on the TV show (thankfully).  I like reading the story.  It will be a series that I go back to often in the future.

Thank you!

My guess is she will come back when we start to get snippets or when we start reading CBY.  She is a good facilitator and very knowledgeable.  Many of the long time posters are taking a break waiting for the next chapter.   I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas

christmas-tree-gifts.gif

I was just thinking...

Totally agree with you Sharon... Maybe Sylvia will decide to continue Gideva's journey after Book 5... Maybe one book a year for the next 10 years!!!

Sharon--

Hi GLH I loved THIS MAN series and GABRIEL also... They really helped me bide the time until Captivated ... Reading Entwined again for at least the tenth time do you have any other suggestions for a good read? Thanks in advance...

Hi GLH I loved THIS MAN series and GABRIEL also... They really helped me bide the time until Captivated ... Reading Entwined again for at least the tenth time do you have any other suggestions for a good read? Thanks in advance...

If you want a good read that will take up time before cby releases then maybe you should read Charlote Bronte's Jane Eyre! I plan on reading it over my winter break because common tropes and themes in romance novels come from Bronte. It's considered the mother of romance (not forgetting about the father of romance, Shakespeare) and has a Byronic male lead, much like Gideon. It would be interesting if some of us read it and then discussed if we really thought the source of Tall Dark and Dangerous came fom here.