"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!  

Don't know if anybody else saw this BUT  Dunkin' Donut was advertising 'Blueberry Muffin' flavor coffee :)  I wasn't really paying attendtion so had to back up and sure enough that what it was.  

Guess somebody at Dunkin' reads Crossfire :) 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be a downer here, but I have a real bad feeling that if we don't get a release date really soon (like this week!), that CBY won't be out before Christmas. I hope I am wrong, or that the release date is announced soon, but I am starting to get a bad feeling.

Looks like a certainty now. (Sad face)

I am so certain that it will be May since AFTERSHOCK is coming out in March.  So upsetting.

Looks like that German website that had a May 2014 date (that got retracted with a statement), may have been correct after all.  I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a Valentine's day release, but not overly confident about that either.

Sure wish Sylvia would put out something......

Dear all, I have not been writing on this forum for long.

Now I read CBY is maybe coming out in May. True or not I only wish to say that if I was the publisher I would probably delay and delay because in the meantime I would sell so many other books from Sylvia to all the desperate CRossfire fans that are waiting. Truth is I would have never read a few other books from SYlvia if I wasn't waiting and waiting and desperate for more EVa and GIdeon.

As much as I enjoyed EVa and GIdeon now I am really fed up with the waiting and I feel fooled. After all this waiting the expectations will be so high that no matter how good are the last(?) two books, they will never fulfill all this waiting time.

Now I read CBY is maybe coming out in May. True or not I only wish to say that if I was the publisher I would probably delay and delay because in the meantime I would sell so many other books from Sylvia to all the desperate CRossfire fans that are waiting. Truth is I would have never read a few other books from SYlvia if I wasn't waiting and waiting and desperate for more EVa and GIdeon.

As much as I enjoyed EVa and GIdeon now I am really fed up with the waiting and I feel fooled. After all this waiting the expectations will be so high that no matter how good are the last(?) two books, they will never fulfill all this waiting time.

Hi we're did you read CBY is coming out in May

I'm not sure how many books Sylvia has with Penguin but certainly not all of them so I don't think the reason for the delay is that they are trying to push her other books.

I do admit that I am getting a bit frustrated with this wait myself. I had high hopes that Gideon would be to us by the end of the year, but that is looking like a long shot at this point. I know it's not Sylvia's fault that there are these delays, but the masses will be annoyed and I would be surprised if it didn't have an effect on sales.

True or not I only wish to say that if I was the publisher I would probably delay and delay because in the meantime I would sell so many other books from Sylvia to all the desperate CRossfire fans that are waiting.

Ah, but you're assuming that the publisher of Crossfire is the one who is selling all of my other books and is therefore making so much money NOT selling Crossfire that they're not motivated to release CBY... yet. This is totally incorrect.

- The Dream Guardians series and SPELLBOUND are sold by HarperCollins

- The Marked series is sold by Macmillan

- The historicals are sold by Kensington

- AFTERBURN and AFTERSHOCK are sold by Harlequin

- The Renegade Angels are sold by New American Library (a division of Penguin Random House)

- Crossfire and the Shadow Stalkers are sold by Berkley (another division of Penguin Random House)

Some authors have one publisher. I've had twelve publishers in the United States alone.

Please... I know it's frustrating waiting on a book. Two of my favorite series release ONE book a year and I've been following them for several years now. I know what it's like to want a next installment NOW. But try not to assume the worst possible motives of my publishers and myself. Thank you.

Ah, but you're assuming that the publisher of Crossfire is the one who is selling all of my other books and is therefore making so much money NOT selling Crossfire that they're not motivated to release CBY... yet. This is totally incorrect.

- The Dream Guardians series and SPELLBOUND are sold by HarperCollins

- The Marked series is sold by Macmillan

- The historicals are sold by Kensington

- AFTERBURN and AFTERSHOCK are sold by Harlequin

- The Renegade Angels are sold by New American Library (a division of Penguin Random House)

- Crossfire and the Shadow Stalkers are sold by Berkley (another division of Penguin Random House)

Some authors have one publisher. I've had twelve publishers in the United States alone.

Please... I know it's frustrating waiting on a book. Two of my favorite series release ONE book a year and I've been following them for several years now. I know what it's like to want a next installment NOW. But try not to assume the worst possible motives of my publishers and myself. Thank you.

Thank you :)

Ok, I admit I did not know your publishers in detail, so thank you for the clarification.

I know very well that it is not you delaying it so I never thought ill of your motives.

As you said it is very frustrating not having in sight book number 4 especially with all the messed up waiting for number 3, but I guess we will have to deal with that!

Hi all sylvia promised to have CBY out by the end of this year I really think this is unfair we get told that it would be out by the end of the year and now it is May then we get told aftershock was coming out on 12th nov then that gets pushed back until March then before that entwined get put back what is the is going on I am really getting of this that means 11months to wait for a book when karin tabke get her set of four books out in a matter of months this is really bad publishing

Hi all sylvia promised to have CBY out by the end of this year I really think this is unfair we get told that it would be out by the end of the year and now it is May then we get told aftershock was coming out on 12th nov then that gets pushed back until March then before that entwined get put back what is the ###### is going on I am really getting ###### of this that means 11months to wait for a book when karin tabke get her set of four books out in a matter of months this is really bad publishing

I'm getting really frustrated that this May date is being tossed around as fact, when at this point in time the release date for CBY has not be set. It has never been set. There's never even been a tenative date set. And I've been very clear that until a date is officially announced, there is no release date for CBY, so it's extremely unfair to complain above moving dates with CBY when there's never been a date to move.

As for Karin Tabke, who is my best friend, she is digital self-publishing novellas, which is a very different animal than traditional publishing, which has a print and print distribution component.

I'm getting really frustrated that this May date is being tossed around as fact, when at this point in time the release date for CBY has not be set. It has never been set. There's never even been a tenative date set. And I've been very clear that until a date is officially announced, there is no release date for CBY, so it's extremely unfair to complain above moving dates with CBY when there's never been a date to move.

As for Karin Tabke, who is my best friend, she is digital self-publishing novellas, which is a very different animal than traditional publishing, which has a print and print distribution component.

hi sylvia so please could you tell me why the May date has been put out there I am only going on what the people on the web has said but it is true that the date for aftershock ,and entwined with you was put back I get through the day by reading books as I am really ill and I have been for the last few years I take tablets to keep me alive waiting for these books make me more stressed which I could do without as you could do without the stress I know you have not been well and I am sorry about that put please bring crossfire 4 out before the end of the year I am NOT getting at you I am trying to get at the publishers it is not fair on your fans

Sylvia--

First, thanks for your imput.  I think we all appreciate it.  

I think what you are reading is frustration and a lot of speculation.  NO ONE BLAMES YOU at all.  If anything, there is a whole lot of empathy.  When I read responses to your fb posts, it must really be annoying since you talk about SPELLBOUND or something and every response is about CROSSFIRE.  I would take it as a complement that we all love your work so much and love Eva and Gideon.

As for May, I think the idea came from that UK mistake and the fact that a lot of publishers only put out 1 book per year on a series.  It was sheer speculation at least on my part.  I think most of us on this board know that there never was a tentative date for CBY as you have certainly said it many times.  

I am glad you are feeling somewhat better.  Just take care cause we all care.

hi sylvia so please could you tell me why the May date has been put out there I am only going on what the people on the web has said

The May date rumor started because Amazon UK had a preorder up for CBY, that was then copied by some foreign bookseller websites. This error was overseas only and never affected any US booksellers or e-tailers. The UK preorder was an error and was quickly removed (Penguin UK released a statement here: http://po.st/l3RuYS explaining).

AFTERBURN and AFTERSHOCK are published by Harlequin in conjunction with Cosmopolitan magazine. They have a completely separate distribution and order fullfillment process, but they face the same issue all my traditional publishers do--booksellers don't want my ebooks to release before the paperbacks. Therefore, if the publisher has to move the paperback release date for any reason, they have to move the ebook, too. Moving forward, my publishers aren't placing my books up for preorder until the paperback release date is immovable and set in stone, so that there's no chance of the release being moved. This couldn't be worked out with Harlequin.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again... It's impossible to compare the releases of my books to other authors, unless you're looking at authors like Dan Brown and George R. R. Martin--authors who don't have preorders for their next books available until a few weeks before the book comes out. It's a major endeavor for a publisher and retailers to get over a million books out on shelves on a single day. No one wants what happened with REFLECTED IN YOU (which sold out before noon on the day of release) to happen again. If you think it's frustrating waiting for a release date, imagine how frustrating it is when the release date comes and every store you visit is sold out of the book and you have to wait another week for them to restock. Those who read ebooks don't have this worry, but I have a lot of paperback readers who buy their books in stores and they want the books on time, too.

I know it seems like nothing is happening, but trust me... things are happening; I'm just not at liberty to discuss a lot of it. All the various pieces are being put into place so that the "reveal" has no missing or moveable parts. (This goes for the TV show, too, which is a completely separate thing from the books--the timeline of one is in no way dependent on the other.) I'm really looking forward to the day when announcements are made!

The May date rumor started because Amazon UK had a preorder up for CBY, that was then copied by some foreign bookseller websites. This error was overseas only and never affected any US booksellers or e-tailers. The UK preorder was an error and was quickly removed (Penguin UK released a statement here: http://po.st/l3RuYS explaining).

AFTERBURN and AFTERSHOCK are published by Harlequin in conjunction with Cosmopolitan magazine. They have a completely separate distribution and order fullfillment process, but they face the same issue all my traditional publishers do--booksellers don't want my ebooks to release before the paperbacks. Therefore, if the publisher has to move the paperback release date for any reason, they have to move the ebook, too. Moving forward, my publishers aren't placing my books up for preorder until the paperback release date is immovable and set in stone, so that there's no chance of the release being moved. This couldn't be worked out with Harlequin.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again... It's impossible to compare the releases of my books to other authors, unless you're looking at authors like Dan Brown and George R. R. Martin--authors who don't have preorders for their next books available until a few weeks before the book comes out. It's a major endeavor for a publisher and retailers to get over a million books out on shelves on a single day. No one wants what happened with REFLECTED IN YOU (which sold out before noon on the day of release) to happen again. If you think it's frustrating waiting for a release date, imagine how frustrating it is when the release date comes and every store you visit is sold out of the book and you have to wait another week for them to restock. Those who read ebooks don't have this worry, but I have a lot of paperback readers who buy their books in stores and they want the books on time, too.

I know it seems like nothing is happening, but trust me... things are happening; I'm just not at liberty to discuss a lot of it. All the various pieces are being put into place so that the "reveal" has no missing or moveable parts. (This goes for the TV show, too, which is a completely separate thing from the books--the timeline of one is in no way dependent on the other.) I'm really looking forward to the day when announcements are made!

Thank you for the update.  I did not know "Reflected in You" sold out so fast but I did guess any publisher would be concerned about how many "Captivated by You"  books would be needed to satisfy the fans of a seriers that has sold 12 million plus (so I read).  I have always thought they're concern was how many books to produce considering there are only so many printing presses in existence and more than one author to serve.   I also thought the other issue would be the international market.  That having been said, I do wish your publish would hurry up and figure this out so we fans can get your next Eva/Gideon book.

PS

Have you started writting the fifth book or is it already finished?

Getting there! Some days are better than others, but every week is easier than the week before. :)

Thank you Sylvia... for everything. :)

Getting there! Some days are better than others, but every week is easier than the week before. :)

Glad you are doing better....thanks for making sure that the ebooks and the printed books come out at the same time.  I am one of the many who read books and not the digital ones.  A big thank you again .   I will just keep waiting patiently for CBY and you, Sylvia, just keep getting better. :*

The release date of AFTERSHOCK has no bearing on the release of CBY. They're with two different publishers.

Hi Sylvia I think Valentines Day would be a great release date for the continuation of Gideva's story and so appropriate don't you think ?

After all being a mom yourself you know how hectic the holiday season is and not a lot of time for reading. February would give us plenty of time to stow the decorations and sit down for a good read! So glad to hear you are doing better ; take care and can't wait to hear the news of CBY. :). :)

Just a quick explanantion about the boards...

This thread is for CAPTIVATED BY YOU, so recent posts regarding AFTERSHOCK were moved to the AFTERSHOCK forum and thread. There were also some birthday wishes that were posted that the admin moved to a new birthday wishes thread in the general forum.

It's important that we keep the threads focused on the topics and not run together so that it's easy for members to follow along and to subscribe to those topics that are of interest to them, while avoiding being flooded with notifications for subjects/topics they didn't subscribe to.

When you visit the board, you can click on "View New Content" on the upper right hand corner to see what threads are active and what new topics have recently been added. If it's helpful, I can have my admin write up some quick tips for how to navigate the boards and get the most out of them.

Thank you!

Sylvia

Thanks Sylvia for the information. Hope you are feeling better!