The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Did this come from Sylvia's FB page?

Was it a tease? Or bad joke? Put it on take it off, see how many fans notice. It was the early hours. Down right cruel. :(

We want the real thing!

This was up on the Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel page, which is where the rest of the clues originally post. It was up earlier.

This is the one Sylvia posted to FB, and she also posted the link to it on Twitter, so this is the official Day 13 picture.

That other one of the engagement and wedding rings? Two theories .....

1. Fake posted by some third party who knows how to use Photoshop. Internet trolls like to pull stunts for cheap thrills.
  2. Real but meant to be the final countdown picture. Though if that's true, it shoots Andie's theory the pictures are going through the chapters in reverse order (Chapter 22, 21, 20, etc ...)

My thoughts on the real picture above:

It's a guy with dark shoulder length hair, so it's safe to say it's meant to represent Gideon. The outdoor setting, wet hair and no shirt might suggest the beach (especially because we got a beach picture yesterday as the Chapter 19 snapshot).

1. One figurative meaning would be his continuing to work on his issues regarding his nightmares, which include whether or not he can return to Dr. Petersen for treatment to deal with the sleep disorder that causes him to sometimes attack Eva.
  2. Another figurative meaning would involve getting away with the killing -- will the case ever truly go away, or will the specter of it continue to hang out there? Because if they don't charge Gideon, the case status officially remains "unsolved" and so would always be in some sort of under-investigation status.

Which do you think it was LN? Do you think the page was hacked? I was shocked to see it up there when I went to see if it had posted yet.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new picture isn't a blonde so Cary & Eva aren't the subject.  Is this Gideon?

it is also a different quote/question to the ring one?

Maybe the posted the wrong picture on the wrong day :)

It does look like Gideon but in sunlight so maybe a day dream while on the beach with Eva which is giving him a headache

This is not good. Gideons past is coming back to haunt him big time?

I nearly died when I saw the other picture. Nearly went out and bought a hat for the wedding!

so did I Julie, although and I know this is going to sound funny, it was not that big a ring, I mean with all his millions I would have thought a bigger ring for Eva would have been nice, I know these are just random pictures but hey a girl's got to dream hasn't she lol :)

This is the one Sylvia posted to FB, and she also posted the link to it on Twitter, so this is the official Day 13 picture.

That other one of the engagement and wedding rings? Two theories .....

1. Fake posted by some third party who knows how to use Photoshop. Internet trolls like to pull stunts for cheap thrills.
  2. Real but meant to be the final countdown picture. Though if that's true, it shoots Andie's theory the pictures are going through the chapters in reverse order (Chapter 22, 21, 20, etc ...)

My thoughts on the real picture above:

It's a guy with dark shoulder length hair, so it's safe to say it's meant to represent Gideon. The outdoor setting, wet hair and no shirt might suggest the beach (especially because we got a beach picture yesterday as the Chapter 19 snapshot).

1. One figurative meaning would be his continuing to work on his issues regarding his nightmares, which include whether or not he can return to Dr. Petersen for treatment to deal with the sleep disorder that causes him to sometimes attack Eva.
  2. Another figurative meaning would involve getting away with the killing -- will the case ever truly go away, or will the specter of it continue to hang out there? Because if they don't charge Gideon, the case status officially remains "unsolved" and so would always be in some sort of under-investigation status.

Hi LN 

Never saw your post before I posted my exclamation about the engagement picture.

I hope it is not people fooling around, that is cruel to us fans.

I do hope the case get's sorted out soon for both Gideon and Eva so they can start to repair their relationship and get on with getting to know each other.  

To me it is like Gideon is on a beach and maybe opening up to Eva about his pas and his insecurities and you are getting a flashback kind of image on what went on.

I have to watch AMC as when I use phrases I try to make sure they are not too Scottish so people can understand what I am saying, we Scottish do you wee a lot when speaking, aww the pair wee lass - aww the poor small girl and so on LOL :)

I *love* your phrases----don' stop!!!  LOL

The non-official picture, the rings, did remind me of something, though --

Corrine proposed to Gideon all those years ago.

He'd have been around 20 years old at the time -- already rich enough that he could afford that year to hire Angus away from the Vidals.

Did Gideon go pick out an engagement ring on his own and present it to Corrine in some romantic way?

OR ...

Did she have to take it upon herself to drag Mr. Doesn't Do Romantic Gestures to Tiffany's in order to pick out a ring?

If I had to guess ....

She probably waited and waited and waited for him to get her a ring, and when she figured out he wasn't going to do it on his own, dragged him to the jewelry store. His heart really wasn't in this engagement, wasn't in this relationship. The only reasons he said "yes" was because he figured that she'd be the only one who would even want to marry him and he didn't want Corrine ending up with some other guy. A combination of settling and insecure possessiveness, in other words -- not love.

This was up on the Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel page, which is where the rest of the clues originally post. It was up earlier.

Which do you think it was LN? Do you think the page was hacked? I was shocked to see it up there when I went to see if it had posted yet.

Well the shots of the rings is either real or fake -- so it was either posted on the wrong day (if real) or hacked (if fake).

Today's official shot (the guy with the long hair) DID come from the Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel page, because that's where Sylvia herself grabbed it to re-repost to her own Facebook page approximately eight hours ago. I checked by looking at her own Facebook page.

I don't see any follow-up comments from her regarding the rings picture. She did pop in twice on the FB thread about the guy picture, though the comments she made were related to the release of Entwined, not the picture. I hope she comments some time in the coming hours one way or another about the rings picture making the rounds. She might be fast asleep right now -- in the Western U.S. Time Zone it's currently a little before 4:30 a.m.

SD answered on Facebook when I asked why the Day 13 was changed and her responce was That Penquin Austraila is responsible for all pictures but she never denied the photo was real. So Penquin changed the picture I guess.

SD answered on Facebook when I asked why the Day 13 was changed and her responce was That Penquin Austraila is responsible for all pictures but she never denied the photo was real. So Penquin changed the picture I guess.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Er, well, now we've got another mystery on our hands. AGH!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!

Er, well, now we've got another mystery on our hands. AGH!!!!

SD might have been a little upset that it was spoilery (Making up the words as I go along.).

Jenn I'm glad she responded to your question.

What do you think real pic posted to soon? Too spoilerish? Maybe just a decoy?

The non-official picture, the rings, did remind me of something, though --

Corrine proposed to Gideon all those years ago.

He'd have been around 20 years old at the time -- already rich enough that he could afford that year to hire Angus away from the Vidals.

Did Gideon go pick out an engagement ring on his own and present it to Corrine in some romantic way?

OR ...

Did she have to take it upon herself to drag Mr. Doesn't Do Romantic Gestures to Tiffany's in order to pick out a ring?

If I had to guess ....

She probably waited and waited and waited for him to get her a ring, and when she figured out he wasn't going to do it on his own, dragged him to the jewelry store. His heart really wasn't in this engagement, wasn't in this relationship. The only reasons he said "yes" was because he figured that she'd be the only one who would even want to marry him and he didn't want Corrine ending up with some other guy. A combination of settling and insecure possessiveness, in other words -- not love.

I have often wondered about this.  Some couples never get engagement rings or other symbolic signs, but normally get married rather quickyly.  I do not recall the mention of a ring ever, either Corrinne to Gideon or Gideon to Corrinne.  I guess I just assumed that their engagement was more of a verbal thing.

I have often wondered about this.  Some couples never get engagement rings or other symbolic signs, but normally get married rather quickyly.  I do not recall the mention of a ring ever, either Corrinne to Gideon or Gideon to Corrinne.  I guess I just assumed that their engagement was more of a verbal thing.

The one time Gideon did have an honest conversation with Eva about Corrine (at Eva's place after Eva walked out of the fundraiser Corrine had crashed) Gideon told Eva, in my opinion, only the most important things -- the highlights of the situation to convince Eva the engagement was never his idea to begin with and contrary to what Magdalene might have thought, he hadn't been heartbroken, thinking Corrine "was the one who got away." Gideon let her walk.

We never heard a blow by blow of the engagement, such as wedding plans, the involvement of both their families, etc. .... (though Sylvia did indicate recently Corrine's family and Gideon's knew one another.)

And given how paranoid Eva got over Corrine the next day (thanks to Corrine's stunt to make Eva fear Gideon f***** Corrine in his office during lunch) Gideon avoided talking about Corrine as much as possible. He barely even would talk about Corrine in couples therapy -- other than to deny Eva's accusations.

So there is a great deal we don't know about Corrine in the past. And we know only a little about Corrine in the present. I'm hoping we'll find out more about her, past and present, in Entwined, when Gideon and Eva finally can honestly talk about Corrine without Eva freaking out any more.

I've just decided I'm going to ignore the Penguin snapshots entirely and only concentrate on SD's because it is just too painful!! I will try to be strong...LOL

I'll post the picture clues in their own thread so you don't have to see them sscrph. I almost don't want to look at them anymore either. I know I won't be able to resist though.

I think it is interesting that Penguin posted that picture of the rings. Personally I think it was human error.  Someone grabbed the wrong photo and they pulled it as soon as they realized the mistake.  I think all the pictures are good clues but we may not be interpreting them correctly.  It will be interesting once we read the book and see how close or far off we are. 

I'm still holding on to the belief that the rings are real and we will be reading about them in a few days (I prefer days to weeks).