The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Sassy classy for sure ... and a hoot! 

And won't stand for being spanked either .... though at last count, Gideon has threatened it three times, sometimes kidding but sometimes only half-kidding.

One of my favorite scenes of Eva at her sassiest is in Bared to You, pages 51-52. Seriously sexually frustrated Gideon had been thwarted in his attempts thus far to get Eva to go to bed with him. He called her at her office to pester her some more -- and she gave him such grief over the phone that he threatened to take her over his knee. Miss Sassy told him she doesn't like that sort of stuff .... then she hit him with that line about her having a date with her Battery Operated Boyfriend. HAH!!!!

Yup I loved that line to...!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!

Don't talk about the angst and agony. When I read certain chapters my stomach is in knots, I've cried, shouted at the book, and called them names for being so dumb! Never has a book got me so involved in the story. I have felt their pain and agony. I just wish I could laugh with them.

The thing about E.L James is that I get she is busy but lots of her fans don't like the fact that she hardly if ever replies..! Just my opinion, I feel like in her head she thinks, yeah I broke records and made it to the top so I DON'T have to answer any questions, like if you didn't get what you were looking for in the book to bad..!! I could be wrong but I see ( and I tweet) many other authors included SD and they all respond even if days past they still respond..! But for her i have heard so much backlash of her not answering her fans..!

When I read FSoG I couldn't get over how juvenile it sounded. The book read like it was written by a 17 year old. I personally don't know how women could get off to the BDSM parts, I found myself skipping a lot of the sex scenes because it was redundant and I was more interested in their relationship than the sex. I must admit I did have CG withdrawals because I read all three books back to back and I was so into the story because just like Jenn it was like fantasy... Then I met GC and must say I'm much happier now lol

Just read paragraph from Sylvia's new books "Afterburn" on FB. Another one for us to get our teeth into girls. When we have exhausted Gideon, we can let him recover over the autumn, and start on Jackson. What say you?

Yesssss Can't wait

When I read FSoG I couldn't get over how juvenile it sounded. The book read like it was written by a 17 year old. I personally don't know how women could get off to the BDSM parts, I found myself skipping a lot of the sex scenes because it was redundant and I was more interested in their relationship than the sex. I must admit I did have CG withdrawals because I read all three books back to back and I was so into the story because just like Jenn it was like fantasy... Then I met GC and must say I'm much happier now lol

I read it about 3 or 4 times but after the first time I skipped over all the sexual parts..!!

I looked up the books from Christina and Lauren which order do they go in.!?

Ba5tard is first. This series is also been optioned for a movie.

Glad you love the Blackstone Series MrsC. Plus Raine Miller is a class act. Such a lovely person.

I loved FSOG. Ana had her sassy moments and Christian had his sweet moments. All that being said I LOVE BTY AND RIY and find myself obsessed and worried for Gideon and Eva like they are real ppl. Sylvia's writing and the angst all the characters have suffered through is just and a little more real and relateable to me. While FSOG seems like a fanasty.

Totally agree jennpenn I loved FSOG also. And cut the author a little slack of course she is not as polished of a writer as SD but it was her first attempt. I thought the story was amazing and shocking at the same time it drew you right in. I loved the emailing and I also loved CG because he had a great sense of humor and they were both so witty. That being said I also love BTY and RIY and I am so thankful I gave these books a try because I love how SD writes!! I know a few of have said they didn't like Gideon on the first read it tok me about the third read to really like him. He doesn't have a sense of humor that we've seen too much of only on a few occasions has he laughed and Eva always says she gets a warm rush of pleasure!! I hope to see more happy Gideon in EWY.. But may thanks to both writers for penning such amazing stories that keep us ALS chatting for hours... Gotta love it!! :) :)

Totally agree jennpenn I loved FSOG also. And cut the author a little slack of course she is not as polished of a writer as SD but it was her first attempt. I thought the story was amazing and shocking at the same time it drew you right in. I loved the emailing and I also loved CG because he had a great sense of humor and they were both so witty. That being said I also love BTY and RIY and I am so thankful I gave these books a try because I love how SD writes!! I know a few of have said they didn't like Gideon on the first read it tok me about the third read to really like him. He doesn't have a sense of humor that we've seen too much of only on a few occasions has he laughed and Eva always says she gets a warm rush of pleasure!! I hope to see more happy Gideon in EWY.. But may thanks to both writers for penning such amazing stories that keep us ALS chatting for hours... Gotta love it!! :) :)

Definitely glad I wasn't the only one. I actually really did like FSOG. There were some moments were I was just like "uh", but I did enjoy the books. 

I was super hesitant when it came to picking up BTY. It was constantly being recommended to me, but I really wasn't too sure about it. Then I just one day decided to bite the bullet and get it. I liked Eva right off the bat, but I still had CG in my head, and I just didn't really care for Gideon. It wasn't until I got RIY, and re-read them, and that was it, I was done :D 

Of course, props to those authors and its great having a group of people to be able to to talk to about their books :) 

Definitely glad I wasn't the only one. I actually really did like FSOG. There were some moments were I was just like "uh", but I did enjoy the books. 

I was super hesitant when it came to picking up BTY. It was constantly being recommended to me, but I really wasn't too sure about it. Then I just one day decided to bite the bullet and get it. I liked Eva right off the bat, but I still had CG in my head, and I just didn't really care for Gideon. It wasn't until I got RIY, and re-read them, and that was it, I was done :D

Of course, props to those authors and its great having a group of people to be able to to talk to about their books :)

I loved FSOG! However i love Crossfire much more!!

The thing about E.L James is that I get she is busy but lots of her fans don't like the fact that she hardly if ever replies..! Just my opinion, I feel like in her head she thinks, yeah I broke records and made it to the top so I DON'T have to answer any questions, like if you didn't get what you were looking for in the book to bad..!! I could be wrong but I see ( and I tweet) many other authors included SD and they all respond even if days past they still respond..! But for her i have heard so much backlash of her not answering her fans..!

I have had E.L James reply to me within a couples of hours but I guess I just got lucky.

She is a bit on edge. I can't say that I blame her, everyone is always asking about the release dates, and why they were delayed, and if she doesn't answer post people think she doesn't care, if she does answer she is taking away from time that she can be writing. She's in a no win it would seem.

It is unfortunate that you can't have only good without some bad.  It comes with the territory.  Perhaps the publishers will look at the forums and FB forums and see what is going on.  I hardly think that they oblivious to what has been going on. 

Hi Sscrph, 

What made EL James' writing less polished in your opinion? 

I have had E.L James reply to me within a couples of hours but I guess I just got lucky.

I often wonder what types of questions authors get and how those questions are written might make a huge difference in whether the reader will receive a prompt reply or not. Just a thought. 

Me too.

I did post a comment a while ago telling them it wasnt her fault and to give her a break, some woman was giving her grief.

It would do my head in the way they repeat themselves. Their like wolves baying for blood!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  It is just a shame that people go to such extremes on the internet.  I think some people believe that because they are on the internet, they can post what ever they want to (hateful and such) without any fear of reprisal.  It really says a lot about the person doing the posting. 

On the other hand if someone is dissatisfied with how the books are being released, they can contact the publishers directly and not buy any further books in the future.  I am absolutely sure that will get the attention of a huge publishing firm.  If all of the people who were dissatisfied with the situation and each of those people individually wrote a letter and stated that they were not going to buy any further books that would get their attention.

• They would have to hire someone to open all of those letters (If the letters were in the thousands or even tens of thousands).
  • Each person could then inform their local bookstore or bookchain that they were cancelling or not buying the book because of the way that the publishing company had dealt with the release date (the bookstore, etc. would then report those comments to their distributors, etc.).
  • The accounting department would have to crunch the numbers of all of the sales that they would have reported lost (through the letters, or Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Chapters, etc.).

Then hopefully the consumer would see change.  Spouting nonsense and hatred does nothing but make the person who spews that garbage out, look ignorant.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ms. Sylvia.  I am sure that she is making huge sums of money from these books and such, God bless her and good for her, so I think that she is well prepared for this type of nonsense.  Something tells me, she is going to be just fine.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  It is just a shame that people go to such extremes on the internet.  I think some people believe that because they are on the internet, they can post what ever they want to (hateful and such) without any fear of reprisal.  It really says a lot about the person doing the posting. 

On the other hand if someone is dissatisfied with how the books are being released, they can contact the publishers directly and not buy any further books in the future.  I am absolutely sure that will get the attention of a huge publishing firm.  If all of the people who were dissatisfied with the situation and each of those people individually wrote a letter and stated that they were not going to buy any further books that would get their attention.

• They would have to hire someone to open all of those letters (If the letters were in the thousands or even tens of thousands).
  • Each person could then inform their local bookstore or bookchain that they were cancelling or not buying the book because of the way that the publishing company had dealt with the release date (the bookstore, etc. would then report those comments to their distributors, etc.).
  • The accounting department would have to crunch the numbers of all of the sales that they would have reported lost (through the letters, or Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Chapters, etc.).
Then hopefully the consumer would see change.  Spouting nonsense and hatred does nothing but make the person who spews that garbage out, look ignorant.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ms. Sylvia.  I am sure that she is making huge sums of money from these books and such, God bless her and good for her, so I think that she is well prepared for this type of nonsense.  Something tells me, she is going to be just fine.

Morning Gigi

Glad your back. I agree with you.

I'm sure a lot if these women think she sits on FB all day. When do they think she gets her writing, promotional work done?

Sylvia did say she as an assistant, reckon he or she is kept busy.

I'm sure she's a big girl, and can fight her corner :) .

EL James did a great interview on the "Katie Show".  I am sure that if people looked they could find that interview posted online.  I thought that the author did a very good job of explaining her position about the characters in her book and why those characters were they way they were.  I have a lot of respect for EL James and her defense of her books and storyline.  That interview gave me a lot of insight.  I am very glad that I got to see that interview.  I also gained even more respect for EL James.   

If you get a chance or are interested, you may want to watch that interview.

They officially announced that FSOG is being filmed in England.   Julie

I think it is daft to film it in England, A, we in the UK get such strange weather it would not work, B, no huge marina's over here like the ones in America/France, C, no Sky Scrapers the size of the ones in the USA, D no Seattle Needle like Christian points out to Ana in FSOG.  

We in the UK do have lots of huge mansions though but I think it would be best to film in USA :)

Why England? That's a long way from Seattle. Wrong country doh! Just realised honeymoon in London and France doh!

I suppose you could be right Julie, maybe they are only filming the scene in London for the honeymoon

Just read paragraph from Sylvia's new books "Afterburn" on FB. Another one for us to get our teeth into girls. When we have exhausted Gideon, we can let him recover over the autumn, and start on Jackson. What say you?

good to know Julie, will look that one up :)

I loved FSOG! However i love Crossfire much more!!

I am like you jls, I did love FSOG, although I hated the mistakes in it but really fell in love with Gideon and Eva, Ana and Christian had a lovely romance story but their problems were really one sided on christian's part but Gideon and Eva have more hurdles and more realistic hurdles to get over