The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The non-official picture, the rings, did remind me of something, though --

Corrine proposed to Gideon all those years ago.

He'd have been around 20 years old at the time -- already rich enough that he could afford that year to hire Angus away from the Vidals.

Did Gideon go pick out an engagement ring on his own and present it to Corrine in some romantic way?

OR ...

Did she have to take it upon herself to drag Mr. Doesn't Do Romantic Gestures to Tiffany's in order to pick out a ring?

If I had to guess ....

She probably waited and waited and waited for him to get her a ring, and when she figured out he wasn't going to do it on his own, dragged him to the jewelry store. His heart really wasn't in this engagement, wasn't in this relationship. The only reasons he said "yes" was because he figured that she'd be the only one who would even want to marry him and he didn't want Corrine ending up with some other guy. A combination of settling and insecure possessiveness, in other words -- not love.

I agree LN

I think it was Corrine that has done all the running and then proposed, poor Gideon thought he should and she would have taken him to get a ring or he dragged it out and she did not get a ring as he broke it off before they could buy one :)

The one time Gideon did have an honest conversation with Eva about Corrine (at Eva's place after Eva walked out of the fundraiser Corrine had crashed) Gideon told Eva, in my opinion, only the most important things -- the highlights of the situation to convince Eva the engagement was never his idea to begin with and contrary to what Magdalene might have thought, he hadn't been heartbroken, thinking Corrine "was the one who got away." Gideon let her walk.

We never heard a blow by blow of the engagement, such as wedding plans, the involvement of both their families, etc. .... (though Sylvia did indicate recently Corrine's family and Gideon's knew one another.)

And given how paranoid Eva got over Corrine the next day (thanks to Corrine's stunt to make Eva fear Gideon f***** Corrine in his office during lunch) Gideon avoided talking about Corrine as much as possible. He barely even would talk about Corrine in couples therapy -- other than to deny Eva's accusations.

So there is a great deal we don't know about Corrine in the past. And we know only a little about Corrine in the present. I'm hoping we'll find out more about her, past and present, in Entwined, when Gideon and Eva finally can honestly talk about Corrine without Eva freaking out any more.

I hope we can fill in some blanks in Entwined about Corrine and Gideon too and hopefully like us Eva will get a better insight into Corrine and Gideon and we can get some answers 

SD might have been a little upset that it was spoilery (Making up the words as I go along.).

Jenn I'm glad she responded to your question.

What do you think real pic posted to soon? Too spoilerish? Maybe just a decoy?

I think I would have been a bit annoyed at the slip if I were SD.

Maybe they realised the mistake that is why they took it down

That ring one just sent me over the edge!! :):)

I think it sent us all over the edge, the girl at work just shot me a "what on earth is she shouting at" look, mind you they think I am mad here anyway so nothing new there ;)

I agree LN

I think it was Corrine that has done all the running and then proposed, poor Gideon thought he should and she would have taken him to get a ring or he dragged it out and she did not get a ring as he broke it off before they could buy one :)

They were engaged for a year and she had to have been the one to drag it out.

For two years, she'd been settling for hotel trysts, hoping for overnights together -- something people in love do (look at Eva -- she got her first overnight the very day Gideon made her his girlfriend.)

Gideon thinks the whole reason Corrine proposed was to get him to open up more -- including him proving it to her via overnights together. Didn't happen, though. Corrine let this go on for another year, though.

Then even more desperate to make him actually work at the relationship, she ended the engagement, gambling that he's freak over the prospect of losing her, wake the h*** up, and finally fight for what he had with her. Backfired badly -- he let her walk.

Eva actually listened to Gideon the night Gideon explained the history -- including his theories -- to Eva. He managed to calm her down and reassure her. Too bad Corrine destroyed that the next day with that stunt at the Crossfire. Eva gave into her own insecurities instead of paying attention to how Gideon's words the night before had matched his actions in their own new relationship -- Gideon began spending overnights with her from the very start of their relationship, and he was will to work so hard at it that he even agreed to enter couples therapy.

Thank God that Eva finally now is in a good place where she at last sees Gideon's actions prove he loves her and will do anything -- anything -- for them to be able to be together. And she's finally laid her own insecurities to rest -- Gideon ain't ever gonna wade into the Corrine pool again.

Hi LN 

Never saw your post before I posted my exclamation about the engagement picture.

I hope it is not people fooling around, that is cruel to us fans.

I do hope the case get's sorted out soon for both Gideon and Eva so they can start to repair their relationship and get on with getting to know each other.  

To me it is like Gideon is on a beach and maybe opening up to Eva about his pas and his insecurities and you are getting a flashback kind of image on what went on.

I am so confused!  

Good morning!

When Kirsten posted the pic on this thread I couldn't believe it so I went to SD fb page and didn't see it. So I decided to go to the penguin page that is the original poster of the pic and saw the rings pic. I would say it was up for at least 30mins before it was changed. You can time how long it was up by seeing when Kirsten posted it and by seeing when someone else posted the new pic. I know I posted it but someone else mentioned it a few minute before me.

I even made the comment here that maybe SD would get upset that penguin has just confirmed something she alluded to would happen(not in any specific book) in EWY instead of having us in the dark about when in the next three books (including EWY) he would marry Eva.

I definitely think it was a mistake but I'm not ruling out that this is the book they at least get engaged in because why would they ever put that picture up. They clearly told me that the questions coincide with what's in the book and taking away the pic and leaving the question to me still screams engagement.

This has turned into the 13 days left conspiracy lol

I feel terrible, I work in Edinburgh, born in Edinburgh and Scottish through and through yet not purchased this book yet, I must look for it online tonight 

:(

These books of Samantha Young are a fun read. 

We visited Edinburgh last year and loved it.  Would love to go back and spend more time there.

I agree, don't stop with the phrases, they're fun!!

These books of Samantha Young are a fun read.

We visited Edinburgh last year and loved it. Would love to go back and spend omore time there.

I agree, don't stop with the phrases, they're fun!!

They r fun read. On Dublin road is a series too. The 2nd one came out last week down London road and there's a 3rd out next month and a fourth next year

Or someone hacked. But it's increasingly looking like that picture of the rings was real -- but got posted on the wrong day. The guy with the long dark hair is the official picture of the day. 

So if the rings picture was supposed to have run another day ....

Well, Sylvia did say in that video interview earlier this month that Gideon will want to "put a ring on it." I think the only question is when. Entwined? Book Four? Book Five?

"What makes the greatest promise the scariest choice" can refer to Gideon's past history somehow too, and how that's affecting today. Because we know he had been engaged to Corrine eight years ago -- and today, the media is going nuts over the fact the pair of them have apparently gotten back together again.

• The greatest open promise Gideon has ever made was to Corrine all those years ago, agreeing to get engaged.
  • The scariest choice Gideon has ever made is to do whatever he can to make his relationship with Eva work -- even though the choices involved her finding out about his nightmares (and thus his dark secrets.)
  • Gideon had refused to make that scary choice -- let Corrine find out about the nightmares -- and so the promised marriage wasn't ever going to happen.

The diamond engagement ring is in the foreground and is in sharp focus. But the wedding ring -- and the "hand in marriage" itself is blurred.

I'm probably way too symbolic here throwing around different theories.

Or someone hacked. But it's increasingly looking like that picture of the rings was real -- but got posted on the wrong day. The guy with the long dark hair is the official picture of the day. 

Well, Sylvia did say in that video interview earlier this month that Gideon will want to "put a ring on it." I think the only question is when. Entwined? Book Four? Book Five?

"What makes the greatest promise the scariest choice" can refer to Gideon's past history somehow too, and how that's affecting today. Because we know he had been engaged to Corrine eight years ago -- and today, the media is going nuts over the fact the pair of them have apparently gotten back together again.

• The greatest open promise Gideon has ever made was to Corrine all those years ago, agreeing to get engaged.
  • The scariest choice Gideon has ever made is to do whatever he can to make his relationship with Eva work -- even though the choices involved her finding out about his nightmares (and thus his dark secrets.)
  • Gideon had refused to make that scary choice -- let Corrine find out about the nightmares -- and so the promised marriage wasn't ever going to happen.

The diamond engagement ring is in the foreground and is in sharp focus. But the wedding ring -- and the "hand in marriage" itself is blurred.

Do you think Eva would turn him down, giving him back his own words to her , when he gave her the promise ring. That he's not ready?

Exactly she never said when. So I think it was taken down for the simple fact that the picture was in a way confirming that it would happen in EWY.

Do you think Eva would turn him down, giving him back his own words to her , when he gave her the promise ring. That he's not ready?

Oh Eva would definitely be ready now to accept an engagement ring, I think. Because she's finally actually come to believe Gideon is in love with her -- and she's secure enough in that love. Plus, she's already quit pulling runners. Perhaps her only lingering fear is whether or not Gideon could push her away again, given what he did to her.

Oh Eva would definitely be ready now to accept an engagement ring, I think. Because she's finally actually come to believe Gideon is in love with her -- and she's secure enough in that love. Plus, she's already quit pulling runners. Perhaps her only lingering fear is whether or not Gideon could push her away again, given what he did to her.

Glad you said that.

They both need this commitment, making them secure, knowing that their love is paramount. Gideon would never hurt her again. I'm sure. It hurt him hurting her.