The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

snapback.png

the writing is so much better here than that other series...

I agree with that.

I like the other characters too.  I read the books several times and I don't normally re-read a book immediately after reading the 1st reading. 

I think the reason I'm more involved with this series (and read it over & over) is because Sylvia develops all the characters.  Regardless of whether I love or hate them I learn something about everyone in the book. The support characters have a purpose and stir emotions.  I love that.  The characters aren't just dropped in and leave the reader scratching her head wondering there has to be more. 

I often speculate about the support characters in the Crossfire series, and hope to learn more in some cases, but at the end of the trilogy I felt cheated.  I wanted to know, at a minimum, the conversation between mother-in-law & daughter-in-law about the evil b**ch troll.  That said I will go back and read the other books again sometime but not until I've had my fill of Gideon & Eva.

Another thought -- I enjoyed these books so much that they make me want to ready more by Sylvia

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh! So does my daughter. She is thinking about rehab for me! This is my drug habit!

I have recommended these books to 4 customers this morning, while at work. They all read a certain other set of books ;) , i said they would love these ones. One came back said she had downloaded them :)

Well done you Julie

LOL Julie. I really liked FSoG, but Gideon just does "it" for me. I'm constantly reading new books, but nobody ever comes close to Gideon. There are a few honorable mentions and CG is one of them.

I dis like FSOG but I am like you Gideon is way better :)

The Crossfire story is like a Technicolor movie while the Fifty Shades story seems more like an old black and white TV show.

Eva is human while Anna is a little too goody-two-shoes to be real.

Most importantly, Sylvia Day is a much better author than E. L. James -- better writer and much more considerate of her fans.

I know EL James made lots of mistakes in FSOG books that took me a few reads to get over but SD is a much more competent writer

I think FSOG was WAY OVER RATED..! Ana aggravated me, like she didn't have a backbone..! Unlike Eva miss sassy with class..

Sassy classy for sure ... and a hoot! 

And won't stand for being spanked either .... though at last count, Gideon has threatened it three times, sometimes kidding but sometimes only half-kidding.

One of my favorite scenes of Eva at her sassiest is in Bared to You, pages 51-52. Seriously sexually frustrated Gideon had been thwarted in his attempts thus far to get Eva to go to bed with him. He called her at her office to pester her some more -- and she gave him such grief over the phone that he threatened to take her over his knee. Miss Sassy told him she doesn't like that sort of stuff .... then she hit him with that line about her having a date with her Battery Operated Boyfriend. HAH!!!! 

And won't stand for being spanked either .... though at last count, Gideon has threatened it three times, sometimes kidding but sometimes only half-kidding.

One of my favorite scenes of Eva at her sassiest is in Bared to You, pages 51-52. Seriously sexually frustrated Gideon had been thwarted in his attempts thus far to get Eva to go to bed with him. He called her at her office to pester her some more -- and she gave him such grief over the phone that he threatened to take her over his knee. Miss Sassy told him she doesn't like that sort of stuff .... then she hit him with that line about her having a date with her Battery Operated Boyfriend. HAH!!!! 

That BOB comment is priceless.

I just read the Beautiful ###### and Stranger books, pretty good, not NEARLY as good but enjoyable

I couldn't get into that series. When it was fan-fic it was okay, but some of the stuff got changed when it was picked up by a publisher. I love Raine Miller's Blackstone Affair books.

That's why Gideon loves her. Every other woman threw herself at him. He had to work hard with Eva to get laid! Blueballs!!

Golfergirl,

What are the Beautiful ####### and Stranger books?  Who is the author?

Thanks!

Christina Lauren is the author: they are actually 2 women: Christina and Lauren...I had heard that it was fan fic but I don't really know how to do that but I got it at BN on my nook,  read BB first then BS, short cute not amazing but entertaining...I must say I enjoyed them more than most of these FSOG clone series that are coming out fast and furious...

I loved FSOG. Ana had her sassy moments and Christian had his sweet moments. All that being said I LOVE BTY AND RIY and find myself obsessed and worried for Gideon and Eva like they are real ppl. Sylvia's writing and the angst all the characters have suffered through is just and a little more real and relateable to me. While FSOG seems like a fanasty.

That's why Gideon loves her. Every other woman threw herself at him. He had to work hard with Eva to get laid! Blueballs!!

Even Magdalene later admitted she ought to have tried making Gideon work for her (Magdalene). Magdalene had been too accommodating. She saw the sort of results Eva was getting by not accommodating. (Alas, Maggie, the real reason Eva was getting results was Gideon was crazy in love with her, not simply because Eva was presenting a challenge.)

I liked both FSOG series and BTY RIY, but they were two different types of men.  CG  was a total dominant and wouldn't let anyone touch  him above the waist and he really liked hitting browned hair women nedless to say the series was good, but really didn't like the hitting.  Don't think Gideon was into BDSM just liked total control. 

My favorite part of Bared to  You is in the bginning in his office after Eva had lunch with Stanton and she is still refusing Gideon and he says...."there are no mixed signals in my private affairs.  You want me to blur that line. I can't think of a good reasn to"  and Eva replys  " I don't want you to do jack s**t , besides let me get back to work"  then fireworks really happen.

I loved FSOG. Ana had her sassy moments and Christian had his sweet moments. All that being said I LOVE BTY AND RIY and find myself obsessed and worried for Gideon and Eva like they are real ppl. Sylvia's writing and the angst all the characters have suffered through is just and a little more real and relateable to me. While FSOG seems like a fanasty.

Don't get me wrong i liked CG. But like you said pure fantasy..!

Just got the last one yesterday,,,haven't gotten to it yet...and is it pathetic that I've already thought about pre ordering afterburn/ aftershock yet?????

LOVE the Blackstone affair..! I pre-ordered Afterburn and Aftershock as soon as SD announced it.. I'll need something to do while I wait for the 4th book of crossfire..!