One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Only you guys will understand. I was at Target tonight, and since The Man of Steel movie is coming out, Target is full of all things Gideon, um I mean Superman/Henry Cavill. I almost bought the Henry Cavill napkins and paper plates they had for birthday parties. It was actually HC, not the cartoon Superman.

Omg! O.o

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*starting my postings with the chapters I missed*

Hello, ladies

My Favorites

Chapter 7

1. line: Do you think an attacker is going to wait until you're alert and ready before he comes after you? (p. 110)

2. paragraph: I attacked the man I loved, the man whose nigtmares blended with mine in the most horrific way. We were both sexual-abuse survivor, but in my dreams I was still a victim. In his, he'd become the aggressor, viciously determined to inflict the same agony and humiliation on his attacker as he himself had suffered (p. 115) *sigh*

3. scene: Eva gave Gideon her apartment key

Chapter 8

1. line: It should be the one rock-solid thing we both count on (p. 140)

2. paragraph: The power and scorching intensity, the hunger and need. His fingertips brushed over my temples, across my cheeks, down to my throat. He tilted my jaw up and his lips pressed gently against mine. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. I got it (p. 142)

3. scene: Eva having lunch with Mark, Steven, and Shawna

My Favorites

Chapter 12

1. line: Loving you isn't character defect (p. 213)

2. paragraph: Trey cleared his throat. "Drama queen," he said with gruff affection. "If you wanted flowers, you should've just asked for them. This is extreme." (p. 219)

3. scene: Eva's cerebrally humorous coversations with Cary

Chapter 17

1. line: In many ways, he was my reflection (p. 292)

2. paragraph: "I'm already there," I shouted after her. "And so is your son." (p. 299)

3. scene: Eva leaving her apartment as New Eva

[something caught my attention when reading page 298. Elizabeth said, "I had Gideon examined by two separate pediatricians..." Who are they? Hmmm...]

Peruse away

My paragraph for today is

"He was fine that whole week. He was more than fine that weekend we took off together. He was fine Monday morning after we got back. Then ....bam....he lost his f*cking mind and went crazy on me Monday night."

"I'm following"

"So what happened on Monday?"

Carys brows rose "you asking me?"

"Grrr" I grabbed my hair in my hands."I'm asking the f*cking universe. God. Anyone. What the h e l l happened to my boyfriend?"

Her frustration is palpable. Poor woman.

And all of pages 321-323. "I love you" yay! And "leave you? I'm going to marry you." Double yay!!

Just rang my local bookstore (waterstones) biggest bookstore in Britain. Asked if book was on sale yet. He said no. Not till Thursday. They take delivery on monday. Apparently, those selling before said time, will be fined, and told to remove from shelves.

Waterstones are doing buy one get one half price, so I can replace my RIY which is falling to pieces. Yay! Still keeping my order from Amazon just in case. Hedging my bets here!

Daily Readers Guide will be late today, ladies - I slept in and am meeting some friends this morning.

We're nearly there, though, in our re-read!

I missed this message the first look at the thread and I was just wondering where you were. Hope you had fun with your friends.

Good evening ladies, :P

I'm sooo glad I can spend some time with you tonight!!! I got up at 8.30 this morning and it was AWFUL! I've the been dragging myself all day.

Gedeon and Eva's ride is a key moment in Chapter 18.

Hearing Gedeon open up a little has been such a relief to me.

The line I like the most is Gedeon's: 

"Because of you, the world make sense to me in a way it didn't before. I have a place now, with you.

While I'm typing these words, I have Henry's face in the back of my mind and .... my eyes are all shiny, can you imagine?

Good evening ladies, :P

I'm sooo glad I can spend some time with you tonight!!! I got up at 8.30 this morning and it was AWFUL! I've the been dragging myself all day.

Gedeon and Eva's ride is a key moment in Chapter 18.

Hearing Gedeon open up a little has been such a relief to me.

The line I like the most is Gedeon's: 

"Because of you, the world make sense to me in a way it didn't before. I have a place now, with you.

While I'm typing these words, I have Henry's face in the back of my mind and .... my eyes are all shiny, can you imagine?

Evening Gabri

I love that last bit of the chapter. He just seems so happy.

We had our little Henry moment earlier. Needed a bit of a pick up! Some happy ladies, some not so happy!

Evening Gabri

I love that last bit of the chapter. He just seems so happy.

We had our little Henry moment earlier. Needed a bit of a pick up! Some happy ladies, some not so happy!

I'm feeling better now Julie! lol I talked my boyfriend's ear off complaining about the whole situation and felt better after! Poor guy smh LOL

OK, it's really late today (normally it would have been posted 12 hours ago) but here's the summary of yesterday's re-read chapter.

Chapter 17 of Reflected in You - The Readers Guide

This chapter starts Saturday morning (day 33: sixth day of their estrangement and the day on which Eva actually ended things.) It continues through the weekend. Then, because the story timeline revolves around Gideon and Eva being together, this chapter quickly moves through more than a week of utter estrangement. It ends on a Monday (day 42 of the story and two weeks to the day since Gideon began cutting Eva out of his life.)

Key plot developments

• Gideon had absolutely no contact whatsoever with Eva from the Saturday morning she dumped him until a week from the following Monday, when he finally broke down and approached her at the Crossfire.
  • After she ended things with Gideon, Eva spent the remainder of the weekend distracting herself by showing her Dad around New York. Talking with him, she learned some more about her parents' history.
  • The following weekend, she ran into Gideon's family -- and confronted his mother for her role in Gideon being so damaged that Eva now believed he couldn't handle being loved.

New characters

Will, new administrative assistant in Eva's office

More confusion from Gideon

Chapter 17 ended with Eva hanging up on Gideon, after she'd said all she needed to: calling him a cheating coward, telling him he'd broken her heart, beating herself up as being damaged goods, crying as she struggled to try to wish he'd find happiness - then unable to do so, telling him good-bye.

Only much later would she learn he'd been at the police station that Saturday morning. Now that the murder investigation was in full swing, he didn't dare contact her in any way. Not that day, not that weekend, not even the following week.

All it did was reinforce her false belief he was relieved she'd dumped him because he couldn't work up the courage to do it himself. And Eva quit torturing herself by following news of Gideon online. After the pictures and stories of him and Corrine that week, she didn't need to know anything more. 

But two weeks to the day after Gideon began cutting Eva out of his life, and more than a week after she'd left him for good, he broke down and approached her at the Crossfire. He boarded a crowded elevator with her and her coworkers coming back from lunch on Monday. He convinced her to stay on the elevator. When they were finally the last two occupants, he stopped the elevator and pined her against the wall - to talk.

Another low point for Eva, she figured he was just looking for sex. Bitterly, she invited him to go ahead and use her then and there, an angry reaction that made him hiss in pain and tell her "don't" (as in don't say things like that.)

He was still wearing his promise ring, which sent a mixed message to her. Then confusing her even further, he placed her promise ring back onto her hand -- the ring she had returned, along with his apartment key.

That had been Thursday evening, when normally they would have been together in Dr. Petersen's office, trying to make their relationship work. Eva let Dr. Petersen know they'd no longer be seeing him. Then she had Clancy swing by Gideon's apartment building, where she left the ring and key in an envelope at the downstairs desk. No note included -- none was needed. Giving the ring back was the sign of the promises being broken, and returning the key made it clear never again would she enter his home.

When Gideon placed the ring back on her hand, he said one final thing "wait" -- then he left the elevator. Wait - for what? Is what an even more confused than ever Eva wondered (page 304).

Eva and Elizabeth Vidal go at it

One week to the day that Eva ended things with Gideon, she ran into his mother - and picked a fight. That was Saturday night at a dinner club where Elizabeth, her husband and Christopher Jr. were checking out singers. Eva, Cary, Monica and Stanton happened to be there -- a night out on the town.

It was the first day (and evening) that Eva had finally come out of a self-imposed shell consisting of work, Krav Maga classes, and staying in every night, crying herself to sleep. She'd gotten a make-over that day: had her long blond hair cut into a sophisticated style, swapping a simple make-up look for something sexy.

The change in appearance was so dramatic that at first Christopher Jr. didn't recognize her. True to form, he asked her to dance -- and through him, she learned his parents were there.

Eva cornered Elizabeth near the ladies room and lit into her.

Eva's side of the confrontation

• From the nightmares Eva has witnessed, in which Gideon begs for mercy, Eva knows beyond all doubt Gideon had been sexually abused. Eva, knowing that Gideon's mother had been told somehow but didn't believe him, told Elizabeth she holds her responsible for everything that happened past the point she'd been informed.
  • "Your son is seriously damaged by what happened to him, and your refusal to believe him made it a million times worse ... he's broken and hurting and doesn't think he's worth loving." (pages 298 and 299)

Elizabeth's side of the confrontation:

• She'd looked into Gideon's claims, but got no proof. She'd had two pediatricians examine him for signs of physical trauma, told there was no proof. Christopher (only 5 years old at the time when asked) claimed nothing happened.
  • "Gideon was a troubled boy, struggling through therapy over his father's death, and desperate for attention. You don't know what he was like then." (page 299)

The fight ended with each woman angry at the other -- Eva furious because an abused child shouldn't have had to provide any proof, and Elizabeth outraged that Eva was making baseless claims about a situation Eva had no clue about.

Victor talks to Eva about her mother

Once Victor had shown Eva proof about Gideon being with Corrine, and Eva had disappeared into her room to make a phone call that Victor guessed (correctly) was to Gideon, the pair of them avoided talking any more about her now-destroyed relationship.

Instead, she distracted herself the rest of the weekend taking her Dad sightseeing on his first visit to her newly-adopted home city. During the father-daughter time, Eva got to know a little more about her own parents' short-lived love affair, a conversation sparked by Victor obviously still having feelings for Monica, having seen her briefly at Eva's, the first time either had laid eyes on one another in years, perhaps decades.

He'd been a mechanic at a garage where he sports car had been towed. Years ago, Victor resented the fact Monica chose money over love. He still resents the fact Monica gave Eva her own last name, Trammell, instead of Victor's last name, Reyes.

But he's no longer angry about the money, because he'd seen the financial advantages in life Eva had received growing up in an upper class setting. "I'm not too proud to appreciate that your life is better because of her choices." (page 288)

Just got to the chapter in BTY where they are eating Chinese before Gideon has his nightmare at Eva's apartment. Eva's fortune cookie says "in the end all things will be known"

I love the subtle little hint that she will be told everything, eventually. Very clever. :)

I'm feeling better now Julie! lol I talked my boyfriend's ear off complaining about the whole situation and felt better after! Poor guy smh LOL

It's good to have a sympathetic shoulder to cry on in such dire moments of our lives!!!

Getting it off your chest is good!

We are down to 48 hrs 30m!!!

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. Isn't that how the song goes! Lol

There are 2 days left to enter, so if you can't bring it up, try again. 

I tried and was able to get to the page..... 1720 entries so far????  it borders on the impossible!!!

I tried and was able to get to the page..... 1720 entries so far????  it borders on the impossible!!!

Just enter it doesn't hurt. I've entered blog contests before with over 10,000 entries and won so you never know. As a matter of fact I won a kindle paperwhite from a blog where there were almost 20,000 entries.