One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

I couldn't help but think of Mags here and her cutting her hair once Corrine was back, and Gideon became more unattainable.

That's what scared Gideon. When Eva had a do over, I reckon he remembered what she said about Magdalene and her hair do. About not copying Corinne anymore, and moving on, and that's what he sees Eva doing. Moving on without him. Starting a new life.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what scared Gideon. When Eva had a do over, I reckon he remembered what she said about Magdalene and her hair do. About not copying Corinne anymore, and moving on, and that's what he sees Eva doing. Moving on without him. Starting a new life.

You know Julie I never looked at it that way. Good on you for thinking from Gideon's POV.

I'm going to amuse myself by going back and seeing how many, if any, theories I actually got right. Or even half right.

I'll bet most of mine were wrong. Sylvia's far too clever of a writer. Especially during the dark parts of Reflected, we thought we knew where the story was going and -- bam!

The only thing I know I'd gotten right, back this past winter when I first joined the forum, was the certainty Gideon killed Nathan.

I'll probably have to eat crow, though, on some of my other biggest theories.

I really hope I get an answer to the "brunette" thing, though. We know that prior to Eva, the rule when it came to dating Gideon was "brunettes only need apply." Did the same rule apply (pun intended) to the f*** pad.

I hated most of Chapter 16, and I think I'm done ever re-reading the break-up phone call part.

But depending upon how things pan out, it might be important to go back in hindsight and re-read the part in which Monica blurts out stuff about Nathan and/or the one time Eva sees her parents in immediate proximity to one another.

I'm going to amuse myself by going back and seeing how many, if any, theories I actually got right. Or even half right.

I'll bet most of mine were wrong. Sylvia's far too clever of a writer. Especially during the dark parts of Reflected, we thought we knew where the story was going and -- bam!

The only thing I know I'd gotten right, back this past winter when I first joined the forum, was the certainty Gideon killed Nathan.

I really hope I get an answer to the "brunette" thing, though. We know that prior to Eva, the rule when it came to dating Gideon was "brunettes only need apply." Did the same rule apply (pun intended) to the f*** pad.

If I bring the dips, we can eat crow together, I'm so off base, I'm in another country I reckon.

Yours is the brunettes, mine is Gideons mummy issues, which sort of connects with yours. Those darn brunettes, have a lot to answer for!

I'm sure more then one of your theories are correct LN. I'm trying to remember everyone's theories. I'm debating a few in my head because I am wondering if this murder is all wrapped up in this book what will the other books be about?

I'm sure more then one of your theories are correct LN. I'm trying to remember everyone's theories. I'm debating a few in my head because I am wondering if this murder is all wrapped up in this book what will the other books be about?

I must admit, unless the Graves boob comes out and it's thrown out, two weeks is no time for a murder inquiry to wrap up surely.

I doubt it Kirsten, I think he will feel very betrayed by her and hurt that this has been kept from him especially since it is his daughter, no parent would want to think about their little girl having to go through what Eva went through.  Tears at bedtime :(

I agree Sheens.

Chapter !7 was a notch lighter, but anguish and pain rule here as well.

I really enjoyed Eva and Victor spending the weekend together, and Eva confronting Elizabeth had me whispering "Go, Eva, go!!". And then the scene in the elevator with Gedeon; their agony is palpable and heart-rending indeed.

At first, I appreciated Eva's bite-back to Gedeon, when she notices he's still wearing her ring, at face value. She needed to give vent to her anguish, pain and bewilderment at his mixed signals in dealing with such a personal affair (and he for one mentioned in Bared not having any!!!!!)

"What do you want from me? An ? You want to f*ck me, Gedeon? Is that it? Blow your load inside me?"

His breath hissed out at having those crude words thrown back in his face."Don't."

"Don't call it what it is?" I closed my eyes. "Fine. Just do it. But don't put that ring like it is something it's not."

This is exactly what Gedeon used to ask for the women he get laid with, not to call their being together something which was not.

What a reversal of roles!!!!

I expect the role for Eva in Entwined will be that of the Alfa-female!!!!! GO GET HIM, GIRL!!! :lol:

Reading BTY again.

This poor woman feels guilt constantly, when what happened to her was not her fault. Guilty for her mothers guilt, guilty for the time and money Stanton has put into making it go away. Now she was feeling guilty for Cary being beaten up by Nathan.

Guilty that Gideon killed for her, guilty that he had seen the photographic evidence that she thought broke them up.

Be strong girl!

Reading BTY again.

This poor woman feels guilt constantly, when what happened to her was not her fault. Guilty for her mothers guilt, guilty for the time and money Stanton has put into making it go away. Now she was feeling guilty for Cary being beaten up by Nathan.

Guilty that Gideon killed for her, guilty that he had seen the photographic evidence that she thought broke them up.

Be strong girl!

I have a feeling she'll be strong in EWY! Since we're going to know more of Gideon's story I bet he'll be in a vulnerable state so she needs to be strong for the both of them.

I like today's chapter it gives the reader hope.  There are still tears for Eva and the reader but it kind of shows a Phoenix side to Eva.  I think about her golden hair with lighter highlights are the sun pulling Eva from the ashes and bringing her back to life.  (I like Greek mythology) 

I like the new Eva.  She is a strong woman, stronger than most the people around her, and now she knows it. 

I like today's chapter it gives the reader hope.  There are still tears for Eva and the reader but it kind of shows a Phoenix side to Eva.  I think about her golden hair with lighter highlights are the sun pulling Eva from the ashes and bringing her back to life.  (I like Greek mythology) 

I like the new Eva.  She is a strong woman, stronger than most the people around her, and now she knows it.

That's a great way to look at her transformation Sharon! I completely agree with you, I'm excited to see more of the new Eva.