One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Mind you, I think that when Gideon started manipulating Eva, his goal was simply to make her unsure whether or not his feelings for Corrine were past history. He never meant for her to honestly believe he's now too disgusted, because of his own sexual hang-ups, to  continue their relationship any longer. He never meant for her to know Nathan had even seen him -- much less learn about the existence of those photos and the fact Nathan showed them to him.

But now that the worst has happened, he hasn't denied it to Eva. He can't -- how can he deny he'd left her for Corrine without telling Eva the truth? His hands are tied -- and so his lips are sealed. (Well, they had been until Graves opened her big mouth.)

Personally, I think the cruelest thing of all Gideon did was to NOT call Eva back later after he left the police station. Not sneaked in to her apartment to see her after her father went back to California. Not somehow maneuvered things to secretly talk to her somewhere in the Crossfire.

He completely cut her off after that -- far worse than what he'd done when he'd just been distancing her. How could she not believe he was feeling just like he had years ago when Corrine had walked -- now relieved beyond belief Eva had walked. He'd lacked the b.a.l.l.s. to break his engagement back then, and years later he still was a coward about being the one to end things. He just waited for Eva to do it herself. And now that she had, at last he was free, having now changed his mind about Corrine, the woman he never got over, the only woman he wanted for a wife.

In his defense though, he's got to be hurting 100% worse than Eva. For her, the overwhelming feeling is that of loss, of loving someone who (she believed) didn't love her enough in return.

He's racked with:

• Being without Eva (pain and longing and loneliness)
  • Terrible guilt (look at how Corrine had made him feel somewhat guilty -- how much worse his guilt over Eva must be)
  • Shame (she believes he's a coward and a cheater -- maybe his own insecurities have him believing the coward part is true, at least when it comes to being capable of being in a loving relationship.)
  • Fear (She still sexually desires Brett. Her nagging insecurity alone caused half-consciously act on that desire. Once he started seeing Corrine again, her jealousy made her very deliberately see Brett again. Now she believes he's f****** Corrine, probably had been since the day after Corrine came back to town. What's to stop her from getting even by hopping into the back of a limo with Brett, banging him until he can hardly walk, then making sure the paparazzi gets pictures of the pair of them looking freshly f******. I'm sure a scenario like that -- her f****** Brett and making d*** sure he (Gideon) publicly sees proof of it -- is his very worst nightmare.)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his defense though, he's got to be hurting 100% worse than Eva. For her, the overwhelming feeling is that of loss, of loving someone who (she believed) didn't love her enough in return.

He's racked with:

• Being without Eva (pain and longing and loneliness)
  • Terrible guilt (look at how Corrine had made him feel somewhat guilty -- how much worse his guilt over Eva must be)
  • Shame (she believes he's a coward and a cheater -- maybe his own insecurities have him believing the coward part is true, at least when it comes to being capable of being in a loving relationship.)
  • Fear (She still sexually desires Brett. Her nagging insecurity alone caused half-consciously act on that desire. Once he started seeing Corrine again, her jealousy made her very deliberately see Brett again. Now she believes he's f****** Corrine, probably had been since the day after Corrine came back to town. What's to stop her from getting even by hopping into the back of a limo with Brett, banging him until he can hardly walk, then making sure the paparazzi gets pictures of the pair of them looking freshly f******. I'm sure a scenario like that -- her f****** Brett and making d*** sure he (Gideon) publicly sees proof of it -- is his very worst nightmare.)
This is so true.

What's going to be harder for Eva, apart from the embarrassment of being another one of his flooses,although she now knows the truth. But the rest of her family and friends, will be anti Gideon, for the way he treated her. How will they ever forgive him, because they can never know the truth.

This is so true.

What's going to be harder for Eva, apart from the embarrassment of being another one of his flooses,although she now knows the truth. But the rest of her family and friends, will be anti Gideon, for the way he treated her. How will they ever forgive him, because they can never know the truth.

Keeping secrets is going to be Eva's new ordeal in Entwined.

Most definitely. The whole reason he cut off Eva (and still has her cut off as-of the end of Entwined) is for plausible deniability -- a fancy way of saying lack of evidence.

It is true he had motive to kill (his love for Eva resulting in him taking extreme measures to protect her) -- what's more, it is true he committed the crime he's suspected of.

But the cops (and ultimately a prosecutor) would have to prove he had motive. Right now, they're not there. He's going around acting like he jumped at the second shot Corrine gave him back when Nathan was very much alive. And Eva is going around acting like a woman scorned, convinced that in the end, it was only her body Gideon had wanted -- something he doesn't really want anymore, thanks to Nathan's photos.

Because of the way he's manipulated the media into spreading the Corrine lie like it's gospel truth and manipulated Eva into having everyone around her believe what she herself believes -- he didn't love her, or at least didn't love her enough that he'd kill for her -- is his way of essentially challenging the investigators "You think I actually had motive? Well -- prove it. You can't prove it, can you?Because there's all this evidence to the contrary. So it's entirely plausible I never had motive to begin with. I don't have to lift a finger to deny your suspicions -- you can't prove yours. That's denial enough."

LN where's your end quote from, I don't recognise it but I am tired now though LOL

LN where's your end quote from, I don't recognise it but I am tired now though LOL

I think that is LN getting inside Gideon's head.

I asked a question about plausible deniability regarding Gideon being chief suspect. They were her thoughts.

PURELY HYPOTHETICAL FROM REFLECTED ... imaging something inside Gideon's head from Reflected, him desperately clinging to the hope the cops cannot prove he had motive. How could they argue he had motive when he's "done" with Eva and "back with Corrine."

NOT spoiler info. I would never post Entwined spoiler info. 

Yeesh, I gotta be careful about putting opinions/thoughts in quotes. False alarm, my friends. Whenever I put an actual Crossfire quote in a post, I usually include the page number.

PURELY HYPOTHETICAL FROM REFLECTED ... imaging something inside Gideon's head from Reflected, him desperately clinging to the hope the cops cannot prove he had motive. How could they argue he had motive when he's "done" with Eva and "back with Corrine."

NOT spoiler info. I would never post Entwined spoiler info. 

Yeesh, I gotta be careful about putting opinions/thoughts in quotes. False alarm, my friends. Whenever I put an actual Crossfire quote in a post, I usually include the page number.

I know LN, I am dying here, bursting with what I want to say or type, so going to sit on hands until 7th just like you :)

Given Sylvia's dismay about the embargo not holding 100%, I feel a bit guilty now that I managed to acquire a copy before Tuesday. She's got to be even more frustrated than ever with her publisher.

But all along, I planned -- and I still will keep to this -- to abide by my own personal embargo against discussing spoilers. Not until the morning after the U.K. release am I going to start discussing any of the Entwined chapters. 

The only things I will say before then is I very much loved the book, and that Sylvia really delivered on those nightclub snippets that gave us a little foreplay into some sexy time between Gideon and Eva.

Given Sylvia's dismay about the embargo not holding 100%, I feel a bit guilty now that I managed to acquire a copy before Tuesday. She's got to be even more frustrated than ever with her publisher.

But all along, I planned -- and I still will keep to this -- to abide by my own personal embargo against discussing spoilers. Not until the morning after the U.K. release am I going to start discussing any of the Entwined chapters. 

The only things I will say before then is I very much loved the book, and that Sylvia really delivered on those nightclub snippets that gave us a little foreplay into some sexy time between Gideon and Eva.

Dying over in England !!!

Your comments make me want it even more. Argh!

But thank you for not spilling the beans. :D

She gave Kirsten an email address to vent our anger to. I think we told Penquin what we thought of them!!! I didn't swear, but I told them a few home truths about their business skills, or lack of them. Lol

Looking forward to our discussions on Friday. :)

Did we ever find out in Bared To You   When Eva left the f**k pad and Gideon found her in restarant and said " I can't be seen in public now"  why couldn't he be in public.  and the only woman was his Mom in apartment (aside from help) he didn't particularly care for his Mother, why would he let her visit?  My Walmart's book section is lously, hence no Entwined With You.  Have to wait til Tuesday.  I wonder how Sylvia is taking the news that her book got out early?

You don't need to feel guilty. You just did what any of us would have done, half given the chance.

I'm happy for you. ENJOY!!!

Did we ever find out in Bared To You   When Eva left the f**k pad and Gideon found her in restarant and said " I can't be seen in public now"  why couldn't he be in public.  and the only woman was his Mom in apartment (aside from help) he didn't particularly care for his Mother, why would he let her visit?  My Walmart's book section is lously, hence no Entwined With You.  Have to wait til Tuesday.  I wonder how Sylvia is taking the news that her book got out early?

Gedeon just didn't want to be seen crying or having a moment and to feed the paparazzi with any pic of himself in such a state.

Maybe it's hard for a man to show any vulnerablility in public, I for one wouldn't mind.

As for Elizabeth, I don't think she visits Gedeon often. I bet she is only allowed to when he's not in, and for a quite specicfic reason, that is the management of the female help. I really can't imagine Gedeon fussing over mops and the annual spring cleaning!

As for Elizabeth, I don't think she visits Gedeon often. I bet she is only allowed to when he's not in, and for a quite specicfic reason, that is the management of the female help. I really can't imagine Gedeon fussing over mops and the annual spring cleaning!

Lmao! That just made me laugh the thought of Gideon discussion mops! Hahaha

LMAO!

I'm just imagining Gideon in a French maids outfit and feather mop. Oh Gabri you crack me up! Lol

Awww, don't feel guilty. Embrace it. I've looked this weekend at a few places but to no avail. It won't be long now for the rest of us.

Just 25 hours for download. Yes!

This is our last night being "in the dark"!!!!

I've downloaded SD's "A Lush Kiss of Rapture".... it's going to be a loooong night!

LMAO!

I'm just imagining Gideon in a French maids outfit and feather mop. Oh Gabri you crack me up! Lol

Cary would second that too!!!!

This is our last night being "in the dark"!!!!

I've downloaded SD's "A Lush Kiss of Rapture".... it's going to be a loooong night!

No sleep for you. Another l u s t filled night in Italy. Lol ;)

I'm looking forward to her two new books coming out in August and November. Afterburn and Aftershock.