One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

The first time he pushed Eva away (because of his nightmares) he spent the four days figuring that it wasn't really over, because she would come back. By day four, he found himself having to run after her. When he got her back, he gave her a promise ring.

The second time he put temporary distance between the pair of them (after he'd attacked her in his sleep for the second time) she was the one to bridge the gulf, did it immediately, including using the key he'd given her to his apartment, literally chasing him home. It was a major turning point in the relationship for him, finally easing his fears that every time things turned bad, she'd run.

He forgotten though the warning she'd once given him that he had the ability to push her away. He found that out the hard way when his plan to put some safe distance between them went too far, and she left him by ending their relationship. She pulled the ultimate runner -- not "I'm leaving (his apartment because they fought, the fundraiser because of how he behaved with Corrine) but rather "I'm done."

So the third time was an anguished telephone call where she, not he, was the one. Her last tear-filled words were to tell him she was done, to attempt to wish that he would find happiness ... to not be able to even get the words out to wish he'd be happy with Corrine ... then to say, "Never mind. Good-bye."

It was the ultimate runner, and five nights later, she proved she'd meant in by wordlessly dropping off her key to his apartment and the ring he'd given her, leaving both in an envelope at the front desk of his apartment building. That particular night happened to be  Thursday, the night on which they used to meet with Dr. Petersen in order to do everything they could to make their relationship work. 

I can only imagine his anguish and terror upon opening that envelope. And worse was to come that weekend, when Eva finally crawled out of the shell she'd gone into after the break-up, emerging with a sexy new appearance, going out dancing -- and Brett Kline telling the media he'd reconnected with Eva and intended to win her back.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this chapter for the third or fourth time, one scene in particular made me think of "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts. Does anyone else think that Gideon, like Julia Roberts' character, has not "kissed" any of is f#&k partners? Gideon says Eva's kisses mean everything to him, and she says his kisses are gifts.  Julia Roberts doesn't kiss the men she's "with" because it makes the act of having sex "too personal" and provides a connection.  Gideon kisses Eva with all he has, especially in this chapter.  It makes me wonder, did he ever kiss anyone else?

The first time he pushed Eva away (because of his nightmares) he spent the four days figuring that it wasn't really over, because she would come back. By day four, he found himself having to run after her. When he got her back, he gave her a promise ring.

The second time he put temporary distance between the pair of them (after he'd attacked her in his sleep for the second time) she was the one to bridge the gulf, did it immediately, including using the key he'd given her to his apartment, literally chasing him home. It was a major turning point in the relationship for him, finally easing his fears that every time things turned bad, she'd run.

He forgotten though the warning she'd once given him that he had the ability to push her away. He found that out the hard way when his plan to put some safe distance between them went too far, and she left him by ending their relationship. She pulled the ultimate runner -- not "I'm leaving (his apartment because they fought, the fundraiser because of how he behaved with Corrine) but rather "I'm done."

So the third time was an anguished telephone call where she, not he, was the one. Her last tear-filled words were to tell him she was done, to attempt to wish that he would find happiness ... to not be able to even get the words out to wish he'd be happy with Corrine ... then to say, "Never mind. Good-bye."

It was the ultimate runner, and five nights later, she proved she'd meant in by wordlessly dropping off her key to his apartment and the ring he'd given her, leaving both in an envelope at the front desk of his apartment building. That particular night happened to be  Thursday, the night on which they used to meet with Dr. Petersen in order to do everything they could to make their relationship work. 

I can only imagine his anguish and terror upon opening that envelope. And worse was to come that weekend, when Eva finally crawled out of the shell she'd gone into after the break-up, emerging with a sexy new appearance, going out dancing -- and Brett Kline telling the media he'd reconnected with Eva and intended to win her back.

That phone call to Gideon has me in tears every time I read it. I can't even imagine Gideon in that police station having to hear that, and keep himself together. I can't imagine after hearing Eva's voice and her thought to why he was moving on, he had to feel like absolute sh*t about everything. He had to know in that moment that he had "broken" her.

That phone call to Gideon has me in tears every time I read it. I can't even imagine Gideon in that police station having to hear that, and keep himself together. I can't imagine after hearing Eva's voice and her thought to why he was moving on, he had to feel like absolute sh*t about everything. He had to know in that moment that he had "broken" her.

So agree with you.

This chapter was heartbreaking. I cried for both Eva and Gideon. The hurt they were both going through, was indescribable. Eva knowing that Gideon had seen the photos of her abuse. Gideon knowing that he had to use her love for him against her. I have never got emotional over a book before. The whole two books are emotional. I'm expecting book three to also be tough on the tissues. :(

I know, I was in tears at that moment as well :(

Ok ladies. I don't have a favourite line or passage for this chapter. I have a favourite two pages today, and they are pages 190 & 191, when they kiss each other to or*asms. So da*n hot. "Your kisses are mine"

"Yes. Gideon....." I was shaken, left emotionally raw and open by the most erotic moment of my life. Swoon.

Also the line,

"I'd rather argue with you, angel, than laugh with anyone else"

"You know.......I love you madly"

He smiled. "Yes I know"

"Heaven with my angel. It doesn't get any better than this."

Heck, the whole darn chapter. :)

After reading this chapter for the third or fourth time, one scene in particular made me think of "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts. Does anyone else think that Gideon, like Julia Roberts' character, has not "kissed" any of is f#&k partners? Gideon says Eva's kisses mean everything to him, and she says his kisses are gifts.  Julia Roberts doesn't kiss the men she's "with" because it makes the act of having sex "too personal" and provides a connection.  Gideon kisses Eva with all he has, especially in this chapter.  It makes me wonder, did he ever kiss anyone else?

If this is true it would certainly explain why the pack of wild brunettes are so jealous especially when that photo of Gideon kissing Eva senseless is plastered all over the tabloids!!!

So agree with you.

This chapter was heartbreaking. I cried for both Eva and Gideon. The hurt they were both going through, was indescribable. Eva knowing that Gideon had seen the photos of her abuse. Gideon knowing that he had to use her love for him against her. I have never got emotional over a book before. The whole two books are emotional. I'm expecting book three to also be tough on the tissues. :(

Oh, I agree!!  I would sooo like to read Gideon's POV from that phone conversation....

Ok ladies. I don't have a favourite line or passage for this chapter. I have a favourite two pages today, and they are pages 190 & 191, when they kiss each other to or*asms. So da*n hot. "Your kisses are mine"

"Yes. Gideon....." I was shaken, left emotionally raw and open by the most erotic moment of my life. Swoon.

Also the line,

"I'd rather argue with you, angel, than laugh with anyone else"

"You know.......I love you madly"

He smiled. "Yes I know"

"Heaven with my angel. It doesn't get any better than this."

Heck, the whole darn chapter. :)

Julie I have to take my other favorite sexy scene back I forgot about this erotic KISS to or*asm.. I love this scene and I reread it all the time . It is my #1 fave sexy scene especially when he ends it with " your kisses are mine" Gideon so possessive as usual!!!

GOOD EVENING EVERYBODY!!

Some honey-sweet moments for our heroes at last!!! I don't have a favourite moment, the whole chapter has had a balming effect on my poor heart. I think I'll keep on reading it just to remind me how good things between them might be.

I have been wodering why, among all of Eva's "WH-?"s, Gedeon chooses to answer the one on Dr. Lucas...

PS: It's official, I have Mr Cross fluttering around as my screensaver! :) :) :)

beastly-movie-image-alex-pettyfer-518034

Cary - don't remember who wanted to post Alex Pettyfer as Cary, here you go.

EXCELLENT CHOICE BOOKWORM!

someone else to have sweet dreams about!!! lol

GOOD EVENING EVERYBODY!!

Some honey-sweet moments for our heroes at last!!! I don't have a favourite moment, the whole chapter has had a balming effect on my poor heart. I think I'll keep on reading it just to remind me how good things between them might be.

I have been wodering why, among all of Eva's "WH-?"s, Gedeon chooses to answer the one on Dr. Lucas...

PS: It's official, I have Mr Cross fluttering around as my screensaver! :) :) :)

Evening Gabri.

Oh you lucky lady. Wish I knew how to do it. Bit of a computerphobe.

Why didn't he explain about his fu*kpad to Eva , seeing as though she brought up the subject. Men!

So agree with you.

On the audiobook, that phone call is even more awful.

Poor Gideon didn't keep it together - by the time Eva had said her piece, he looked like someone had just died. In a way, something had, because Eva's heart was in a million pieces.

And he was at the police station at a time when the detectives would have been keeping him (and his lawyers) cooling their heels. In order to watch him, watch for "tells" -- body language and eye movements, signs of degrees of nervousness, signs of openness versus evasion.

Detective Graves watched him take that call, a hunch telling her it might have been Eva. From there, it would have been easy to subpoena copies of his various phone records as part of the investigation. The records would document the fact the call to his cell phone came from Eva's home landline.

Going to Eva's for dinner the night before had been a huge mistake, because the police ended up catching him with her after he'd supposedly already gone back to Corrine. Answering that phone call, instead of letting it go to voice mail, was an even bigger mistake. I think that once Graves was able to confirm her suspicion, via checking phone records, the call that devastated him had in fact come from Eva, then Graves saw right through the Corrine lie and Gideon shot right to the top of the suspect list. My theory is this was why Graves began hammering away at the alibi, seeing if she could break it -- which she did.

Poor Gideon didn't keep it together - by the time Eva had said her piece, he looked like someone had just died. In a way, something had, because Eva's heart was in a million pieces.

And he was at the police station at a time when the detectives would have been keeping him (and his lawyers) cooling their heels. In order to watch him, watch for "tells" -- body language and eye movements, signs of degrees of nervousness, signs of openness versus evasion.

Detective Graves watched him take that call, a hunch telling her it might have been Eva. From there, it would have been easy to subpoena copies of his various phone records as part of the investigation. The records would document the fact the call to his cell phone came from Eva's home landline.

Going to Eva's for dinner the night before had been a huge mistake, because the police ended up catching him with her after he'd supposedly already gone back to Corrine. Answering that phone call, instead of letting it go to voice mail, was an even bigger mistake. I think that once Graves was able to confirm her suspicion, via checking phone records, the call that devastated him had in fact come from Eva, then Graves saw right through the Corrine lie and Gideon shot right to the top of the suspect list. My theory is this was why Graves began hammering away at the alibi, seeing if she could break it -- which she did.

I agree with you.

The audio version is heartbreaking. When I imagined it happening, I kept seeing Gideons face, and the pain he was feeling. So sad.

Unfortunately Graves is good at her job. Gideons, ducks in a row, went a bit awry. His heart over ruling his brain.

Going to Eva's for dinner the night before had been a huge mistake, because the police ended up catching him with her after he'd supposedly already gone back to Corrine. Answering that phone call, instead of letting it go to voice mail, was an even bigger mistake. I think that once Graves was able to confirm her suspicion, via checking phone records, the call that devastated him had in fact come from Eva, then Graves saw right through the Corrine lie and Gideon shot right to the top of the suspect list. My theory is this was why Graves began hammering away at the alibi, seeing if she could break it -- which she did.

When I listened to that part on the audio I agree it was even more heartbreaking. I still question Gideon going for the dinner. I know Sylvia said that Eva would have never forgiven him, but he was really going to be asking her to forgive a whole h*ll of a lot more. Again I say Mr. Clueless.

beastly-movie-image-alex-pettyfer-518034

Cary - don't remember who wanted to post Alex Pettyfer as Cary, here you go.

That was me I orginally posted that in the casting thread a few weeks ago. And I guess everyone liked the idea.