One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I would love to meet Henry, but I would probably stutter, stare and come across as a complete idiot because I would be dazzled by how goregous he is. I don't think my brain would be able to work properly around him. Other parts of my body now thats a different story. *Wink*wink*

Hahahaha!!! Those eyes... oh.. those eyes. They make me melt every time! 

Hahahaha!!! Those eyes... oh.. those eyes. They make me melt every time!

Oh I know even in a picture its like he staring right into your soul. I think in person I would literally go weak in the knees.

range to me (60).  Never to old to enjoy a good love story.  I had a great love in my life (husband) and I want everyone to know how that feels.

same here Sharon. I was married for 26 years. Everyone deserves to be loved. :)

I was 19 and was engaged after 3 weeks of dating.  We went to talk to the priest because we wanted to get married in a month much to the dismay of our family. The priest went round robin's barn to try to tactfully ask me if I was pregnant.  When I finally realized what he was getting at I explained I wanted my bridal party in St. Patrick's Day green or Christmas red.  If we couldn't get married in March we were waiting until December.  The priest was so happy I wasn't pregnant he started publishing the bans that Sunday and we were married on St. Patty's Day.  Everyone said it was too fast and would never last.  We fooled them we were married for 35 years when my husband passed away. It is great because every year on our anniversay there is a party and green beer.

Hi Sharon

I'm glad you proved them wrong.

It doesn't matter if you know someone 3 weeks or 3 years. As long as you love each other and grow together, and respect one another.

I love the idea of a party with green beer. :)

You and me had a great love. We are grateful for that. :)

And like you, I bet you don't feel your age. I'm really 25. ;) I wish. :)

I just had a thought and I hope someone can clarify if I missed something but did Gideon ever comment on Eva's new look??

I believe he says something Monday morning (day 10 after Gedeon: Round 2). Eva, Megumi and Will are back from lunch. Gedeon joins them in the lift. When they are left alone in the lift, Gedeon simply says she looks beautiful. Like the average man, he is not that observant!!!

Gideon asked Eva to turn around (face the wall of the elevator) because "you're so beautiful," he breathed, nuzzling into my hair.  "It hurts to look at you."  I always felt that was his reaction to her new look. 

Hi Sharon

I'm glad you proved them wrong.

It doesn't matter if you know someone 3 weeks or 3 years. As long as you love each other and grow together, and respect one another.

I love the idea of a party with green beer. :)

You and me had a great love. We are grateful for that. :)

And like you, I bet you don't feel your age. I'm really 25. ;) I wish. :)

So true my kids laugh at me all the time and tell me to act my age.  I always respond what fun is that.

I'm not sure if its connected. But since middle of the week, mine went through google, then all of a sudden, yahoo popped up. No google anymore. Try your emails first. I'm a computerphobe.

mine have been off as well, not sure what is going on

I just had a thought and I hope someone can clarify if I missed something but did Gideon ever comment on Eva's new look??

No I don't think he ever did, I think he just wanted to get her away from the elements that were causing him pain and needed to show Eva that he still loved her and needed her 

Morning from sunny England.

My god!

I nearly choked on my cornflakes reading your posts this morning. Lol

Your banter made me chuckle. What a lovely way to start the day. :)

Henry's eyes are definitely the real deal, where Gideon is concerned. :)

Absolutely lol :)

I was 19 and was engaged after 3 weeks of dating.  We went to talk to the priest because we wanted to get married in a month much to the dismay of our family. The priest went round robin's barn to try to tactfully ask me if I was pregnant.  When I finally realized what he was getting at I explained I wanted my bridal party in St. Patrick's Day green or Christmas red.  If we couldn't get married in March we were waiting until December.  The priest was so happy I wasn't pregnant he started publishing the bans that Sunday and we were married on St. Patty's Day.  Everyone said it was too fast and would never last.  We fooled them we were married for 35 years when my husband passed away. It is great because every year on our anniversay there is a party and green beer.

So lovely Sharonm, what a wonderful way to remember the love of your life and so romantic :)

Im growing old disgracefully Sharon. :) heeheehee

Gracefully is boring.

everyone has to be naughty at time and misbehave, it is part of life and makes life so exciting, I agree graceful is boring, live life for the day you are in :)

My favourite lines come from Cary

"Baby girl," he drawled. "I want to sympathise , I do, but the love triangle thing is just too delicious . The determined rock star and the possessive billionaire. Rawr."

He is so mischievous. ;)

he is yes but I so hope that in Entwined he is mischievous in a good way and does nothing to hurt Eva 

Gideon asked Eva to turn around (face the wall of the elevator) because "you're so beautiful," he breathed, nuzzling into my hair.  "It hurts to look at you."  I always felt that was his reaction to her new look. 

I think, too, he couldn't bear to look in her eyes, too fearful of what he might see there -- tears, despair, maybe anger.

That final time they made love, the night before he killed Nathan, they did so in the dark - my guess is Gideon deliberately left the lights off, knowing Eva would start crying and him unable to bear the sight. Same reason why he left her before dawn, while she was asleep, so he didn't have to look her in the face -- lest he lose his courage to kill Nathan that coming evening.

I think, too, he couldn't bear to look in her eyes, too fearful of what he might see there -- tears, despair, maybe anger.

That final time they made love, the night before he killed Nathan, they did so in the dark - my guess is Gideon deliberately left the lights off, knowing Eva would start crying and him unable to bear the sight. Same reason why he left her before dawn, while she was asleep, so he didn't have to look her in the face -- lest he lose his courage to kill Nathan that coming evening.

Never thought of it like that LN, thanks that makes so much sense 

Definitely agree.

Knowing what he had to do, and the hurt and pain he was putting Eva through, was actually slaying him too. All through this book, references are made to the eyes, and what they reveal, the pain and suffering.

The eyes say it all.

My favourite lines come from Cary

"Baby girl," he drawled. "I want to sympathise , I do, but the love triangle thing is just too delicious . The determined rock star and the possessive billionaire. Rawr."

He is so mischievous. ;)

Cary keeps going back and forth on Brett (has kept going back and forth on Gideon, too, for that matter.)

Trey, I think, put it best in the hospital corridor talking to Eva, "He wants me, then he doesn't. He's committed, then he isn't." (page 218)

Cary's done the same thing on the Brett-Eva-Gideon situation:

Friday before the concert: pro-Brett, anti-Gideon. Earlier that week, Cary had been trying to convince Eva for the sake of her recovery as a rape victim to end things Gideon, because for the second time, Gideon had attacked her in her own bed during one of this sexually violent nightmares. Now seeing Eva for the first time in days (Friday lunch) and discovering Eva would be in the same building as Brett and Gideon that night, Cary chose to not warn her. I think he hoped that her seeing Brett in concert (she was seriously hot for the guy's voice) might help her break free of Gideon.

Monday in the hospital: pro-Gideon, anti-Brett. Cary admitted he didn't want to see Eva go down the same dark hole as she had been before, unable to handle being a rock singer's girlfriend, because her issues would drive her (and Brett) insane. Plus, Cary saw how good to Eva Gideon was being during the crisis, from arranging her being able to stay at the hospital around the clock to him taking time out of his insanely busy work life to see her that Monday morning.

Tuesday early afternoon: Mixed feelings on both. Suddenly the Brett-Eva-Gideon triangle had become appealing again, because Brett actually wanted a committed relationship with Eva. The triangle probably continued to get even more appealing by Tuesday night, with Eva sobbing in Cary's room that Gideon was (so she believed) seeing Corrine for the second night in a row. If Gideon was going to see his ex, then Eva ought to see her ex.

Fast forward to the final Monday of Reflected: Pro-Brett, anti-Gideon: Cary knew what a s*** Gideon had been to Eva, even with his own eyes seeing him coldly detached while Eva all but fainted upon learning Nathan was in town. Cary saw his best friend's heart shattered when she learned for certain Gideon had been cheating (so everyone would believe, even Eva). While online that day, Cary found the interview transcript that proved Brett meant what he'd said to Eva -- Brett wanted another shot and wasn't going to give up. Then Eva comes home from work all confused because Gideon -- after two weeks of mistreating her and then utterly ignoring her -- had given her back that ring. So Cary told her about what Brett said and firmly planted the idea of Brett as Rebound Guy. And Cary deliberately did not show Eva the article itself.