One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening Gabri.

Oh you lucky lady. Wish I knew how to do it. Bit of a computerphobe.

Why didn't he explain about his fu*kpad to Eva , seeing as though she brought up the subject. Men!

It's easy! I searched Henry on Google Images and saved (save with name) the pics as jpg in a folder on the desktop... then changed my former screensaver: start menu-controls panel-themes and aspects-choose a screensaver-settings-show images.

Then I clicked on the folder I had just created and on "Apply". Then I clicked on "OK"  and.... mission accomplished!!! 

I hope I translated the controls right.

As for the fu*k-pad, you mean Gedeon didn't say he had already cleared it up, or that he threw the mixer for Kingsmann Vodka at it?

Gedeon does say something about not telling Eva that he cleared the fu*k-pad the night she had her first nightmare (she was quite surprised to find both Gedeon and Cary fully dressed in the middle of the night, and Gedeon dismissed her questions with "I told you I had something to do"): he didn't think it was the right time to mention the fu*k-pad, for she had already so much on her mind.... how noble of him but who would buy it?

Ciao!

428522_266864186790637_1302116755_n.jpg

I'm trying to make myself feel better.

Thanks a lot! I feel  a looooot better myself!!!!!!!! Please, keep them coming up! :) :) :)

It's easy! I searched Henry on Google Images and saved (save with name) the pics as jpg in a folder on the desktop... then changed my former screensaver: start menu-controls panel-themes and aspects-choose a screensaver-settings-show images.

Then I clicked on the folder I had just created and on "Apply". Then I clicked on "OK"  and.... mission accomplished!!! 

As for the fu*k-pad, you mean Gedeon didn't say he had already cleared it up, or that he threw the mixer for Kingsmann Vodka at it?

Gedeon does say something about not telling Eva that he cleared the fu*k-pad the night she had her first nightmare (she was quite surprised to find both Gedeon and Cary fully dressed in the middle of the night, and Gedeon dismissed her questions with "I told you I had something to do"): he didn't think it was the right time to mention the fu*k-pad, for she had already so much on her mind.... how noble of him but who would buy it?

Ciao!

Hi Gabri.

At the end of Reflected, he told Eva he got rid of his f*ckpad the night of her nightmare. He said it wasn't the time to tell her, so soon after her being sick. So when she brought it up in NC, why didn't he tell her then? It was another secret to fuel Eva's insecurities.

That phone call to Gideon has me in tears every time I read it. I can't even imagine Gideon in that police station having to hear that, and keep himself together. I can't imagine after hearing Eva's voice and her thought to why he was moving on, he had to feel like absolute sh*t about everything. He had to know in that moment that he had "broken" her.

[/quote

Every time I read this passage I visualize a split screen with the two of them on the phone and seeing the pained expressions on their faces. The look on his face knowing that he can't say anything and she just pouring her heart out to him. Makes me cry.

Hi Gabri.

At the end of Reflected, he told Eva he got rid of his f*ckpad the night of her nightmare. He said it wasn't the time to tell her, so soon after her being sick. So when she brought it up in NC, why didn't he tell her then? It was another secret to fuel Eva's insecurities.

OH MY, I forgot Eva's crossfiring Gedeon with all her "WH-?"s!

I think he didn't say anything then because he knew that if he had done so , the dispute between them would only have got worse and spoilt their could-be wonderful weekend.

OH MY, I forgot Eva's crossfiring Gedeon with all her "WH-?"s!

I think he didn't say anything then because he knew that if he had done so , the dispute between them would only have got worse and spoilt their could-be wonderful weekend.

I think Eva would have been pleased to know that the pad had gone. She did think about it when they got to NC.

I suppose, if he said he had got rid of it that weekend, then 5 days later, have a vodka party at the pad for the alibi, it would have made him a liar. But up to that weekend Nathan's murder hadn't been planned. The plan happened Monday after Cary got beaten up. So many if and buts!

I think Eva would have been pleased to know that the pad had gone. She did think about it when they got to NC.

I suppose, if he said he had got rid of it that weekend, then 5 days later, have a vodka party at the pad for the alibi, it would have made him a liar. But up to that weekend Nathan's murder hadn't been planned. The plan happened Monday after Cary got beaten up. So many if and buts!

She sure would! But perhaps right now Gedeon'd rather leave drama out of the picture for a little while. IF ONLY!

Ciao!

The party was at the hotel where he used to keep his f*** pad room, but it wasn't in the room itself. There is a restaurant downstairs, and I imagine it must have some function rooms. However, in the press release gave the hours and location of the party (thus documentation of where and when Gideon was that evening). Eva recognized the address -- and she naturally assumed that after Gideon and Corrine finished partying, they'd go upstairs and screw their brains out.

Gideon had sidestepped the cops' question about where he'd been Thursday, sidestepped in front of both Eva and her father, offering to walk the cops downstairs when Victor told them to leave. After Eva shut herself in her room, Victor went on line and found out about Gideon and Corrine -- and found out that Gideon had been with Corrine. He showed Eva the picture incriminating picture (staged to make them look like more than just friends) to Eva. She read the brief story, recognized the address -- and snapped. Went back into her room, called his cell phone and ended things with him.

The party was at the hotel where he used to keep his f*** pad room, but it wasn't in the room itself. There is a restaurant downstairs, and I imagine it must have some function rooms. However, in the press release gave the hours and location of the party (thus documentation of where and when Gideon was that evening). Eva recognized the address -- and she naturally assumed that after Gideon and Corrine finished partying, they'd go upstairs and screw their brains out.

Gideon had sidestepped the cops' question about where he'd been Thursday, sidestepped in front of both Eva and her father, offering to walk the cops downstairs when Victor told them to leave. After Eva shut herself in her room, Victor went on line and found out about Gideon and Corrine -- and found out that Gideon had been with Corrine. He showed Eva the picture incriminating picture (staged to make them look like more than just friends) to Eva. She read the brief story, recognized the address -- and snapped. Went back into her room, called his cell phone and ended things with him.

Thank you!! I simply thought Eva recognized Gedeon's room.

428522_266864186790637_1302116755_n.jpg

I'm trying to make myself feel better.

Remember Eva said, Gideon was the ultimate, and if they couldn't have him, they were settling for second best. I feel that way about Henry Cavill playing the part of Gideon. I won't settle for second best! Those eyes are beautiful. Come to bed eyes!(I have a thing for eyes) Hmmmmmmm

Well ladies.

We have reached the chapter where it all goes pear shaped. That being an under statement.

Eva's world is going to fall apart.

Gideons stress levels have gone through the roof.

The heartache they are going to suffer, indescribable.

Dark days. :(

A Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter 12 of Reflected in You

This chapter starts very late Sunday (day 27) and continues through Monday morning (day 28 - one month to the day since Eva and Gideon met, and three weeks to the day since they became a couple.)

Key plot developments

• As soon as Gideon and Eva arrived home from North Carolina, they learn Cary is in the hospital.
  • Someone -- Cary had no idea who -- jumped him on Friday night, beating him with a bat, inflicting a skull fracture, concussion, three cracked ribs and a broken arm.
  • We'd learn in the final chapter Nathan had been the one who assaulted Cary, and in recent spoiler information, we'd learn Monica knew it and told Gideon (but kept it from Eva and apparently Cary as well.)
  • Eva and Cary discuss his current status with estranged boyfriend Trey -- and they discuss what happened with Brett.
  • Trey comes to visit Cary in the hospital.

After each of us has re-read Chapter 12, Sylvia would like to know a favorite quote or paragraph.

Hi LN, Can I please ask where you got the spoiler information that Monica was the one to tell Gideon who it was that attacked Cary? I have been following Sylvia's recent interviews as closely as possible but think I might have missed one as I dont remember that question being answered & would like to see what else I missed!!

Thanks so much if you can help :)

Chapter 11 of Reflected in You - The Readers Guide

This chapter starts Saturday morning (day 26) and continues through the weekend (day 27)

Key plot developments

• The calm before the storm chapter, this covered the weekend Eva and Gideon spent together in a rented home on the shore of the North Carolina Outer Banks.
  • Gideon opened up a little about his past, specifically about his mother, and we learned why he's estranged from her.  
  • Gideon confessed a recent sexual secret - that he'd used Dr. Lucas' wife to hurt him.

New characters

Anne Lucas - mentioned in passing in Chapter 2, her name and relationship to Gideon is revealed in this chapter.

What's eating away at Eva - the things Gideon won't tell her

Eva realized she hurt Gideon because of the resentment eating away at her -- and because she starting to realize she cannot settle for having his body but being shut out of all his secrets.

Defending himself, Gideon said, "I'm wide open for you, Eva! You're making it sound like you don't know me ... that all we have is sex ... when you know me better than anyone else." (page 184)

Without either one of them realizing it at the time, Gideon actually confirmed the real dealbreaker issue for Eva, the thing that was about to tear them apart. Her insecurities have her convinced the sex IS ALL they have. And he has kept himself closed off to her -- closed off to everyone. Yes, she does know him better than anyone else, but she barely knows what's inside, because he's hoarded his secrets even from her.

To prove her point, Eva fired off a series of questions Gideon has refused to answer. From page 184:

1. Why do you own so much of Vidal Records?
  2. Why do you hate your family home?
  3. Why are you estranged from your parents?
  4. What's between you and Dr. Terrence Lucas?
  5. Where'd you go the other night when I had that nightmare?
  6. What's behind your nightmares?

What's between Gideon and Dr. Lucas

Gideon said Dr. Lucas "alienated me from my family" -- though what that entailed, Gideon did not say. He did, however, confess to having taken revenge - by getting Lucas' wife, Anne, to cheat on him.

Anne came on to Gideon, and when he found out whose wife she was, Gideon jumped at chance, because he knew it would " ... kill Lucas to know I'd banged her ..." Then Gideon decided to go for more than just a one-night stand, because " ... it would hurt him more to know she couldn't get enough ..."

He let the affair continue until Anne was ready to leave her husband for Gideon -- then he dumped her. Broken, she went back to her husband.

Gideon was ashamed of her having become collateral damage. He'd never made Anne any promises, and consciously he'd never have deliberately made her fall in love with him.

"It didn't matter how long I showered after I'd been with Anne, it was never long enough to feel clean," he confessed (page 187).

What was between Eva and Brett

"No guy wanted a recovering s*** for his girlfriend," Eva thought to herself as she honestly answered Gideon's insistent demand to know what had been the true nature of her past relationship with Brett.

Eva had had a crush on him and the way he sang.

She had been with Brett during a phase in her life when having sex with a man was the only way she knew to feel like she was loved.

She was convinced that to Brett, she was nothing more than a convenient f*** -- a belief she still clung to despite the recent knowledge Brett wrote a love song about her.

"I wish I could make it go away .... I don't like remembering the girl I was then," Eva confessed. (page 187).

How Gideon felt about having seen her passionately kissing Brett

The sight of her in Brett's arms devastated him. He beat up Brett as a form of self-defense of his own heart, because it would kill him (Gideon) if Eva ever cheated on him.

As bad as a mere kiss made Gideon feel, on one level he was glad it happened, because it finally made him understand just how much pain Eva was going through over Corrine. Before his wake-up call, Gideon had thought Eva just wasn't handling the Corrine situation well.

Now he realized he hadn't a clue how bad of a problem Corrine was to Eva. He was disgusted with himself for having not understood sooner, and now he got it that Eva hated Corrine's guts.

One more piece to the puzzle of Gideon's past

Still unwilling to talk about the root of his sexually violent nightmares, Gideon did reveal that his mother had been told what happened -- and that his mother refused to believe him. He tried to claim it doesn't matter anymore that his mother didn't "love him enough."

But he understood that Eva, having slept in the same bed as him, does believe something happened. And Eva took the conversation as the opportunity to expressly tells Gideon "I believe you." (page 198).

Good morning everybody,

I suppose we are all bracing up for what's to come, aren't we?

My favourite moments/lines in Chap. 12 are:

1) We'd spent the previous night sleeping apart, but most of the day together in the master bed. Kissing and touching. Laughing and whispering.

2) Cary's "Teaches me. Don't stick my di*k in the wrong chick."

3) Monica's "He's going to marry you... You know that, don't you?"

4) Eva's whole exchange with Trey.

I like chapter 11, for many reasons, but one being, Eva tries to reconcile Gideon with Ireland. She accuses Gideon of being afraid of her(Ireland). It's seems quite obvious that he doesn't have much interaction with his sister, who Eva reckons, hero worships her brother.

She asks him to bring her(Ireland ) to dinner, Eva's family meeting his family. He does agree, saying "I'll invite Ireland to dinner with your father because it'll make you happy and that makes me happy."

Hi LN, Can I please ask where you got the spoiler information that Monica was the one to tell Gideon who it was that attacked Cary? I have been following Sylvia's recent interviews as closely as possible but think I might have missed one as I dont remember that question being answered & would like to see what else I missed!!

Thanks so much if you can help :)

It may have been the hour-long interview with Booktalk Nation on May 14 (the link to the whole interview is here in the forum under the thread specifically devoted to that interview) or it may have been sometime in recent weeks in social media.

The tidbit details are coming to fast and furious now that it's been hard to keep up with what's where, so I'm not 100% certain on exactly where and when that tidbit came, other than to know for certain it was in recent weeks. The revelation recently generated hot discussion about the whole Stanton/Monica/Gideon/Nathan connection.

If you haven't had the time yet, watch the Booktalk Nation interview, as she does give some excellent Crossfire stuff in it, starting about 20 minutes into the interview.

If anyone else here remembers when it was we found that Nathan is what Monica talked with Gideon at the hospital, jump in :)

And welcome to the forum, Rogue!

Chapter 12.:(

Favourite lines.

Monica

"He's completely taken you over and assumed control of everything."

Eva

"That's his nature."

Monica

"That's the nature of all powerful men"

Monica to Eva .

"Your still replaceable Eva . What he's built is not. You jeopardise his empire and he'll leave you."

Made me think of Gideon telling Eva .

"I'd kill for you, give up everything I own for you......but I won't give you up."

Good morning everybody,

I suppose we are all bracing up for what's to come, aren't we?

My favourite moments/lines in Chap. 12 are:

1) We'd spent the previous night sleeping apart, but most of the day together in the master bed. Kissing and touching. Laughing and whispering.

2) Cary's "Teaches me. Don't stick my di*k in the wrong chick."

3) Monica's "He's going to marry you... You know that, don't you?"

4) Eva's whole exchange with Trey.

I loved the part on page 204 where Eva described that Sunday of kissing and touching as "It was the most perfect day of my life."