Entwined With You- Chapter One

I forgot to mention this, I was on FB and saw a post it said it was an exclusive from SD, and in the snippet Cary was Getting out of the shower to his ringing phone, he smiled at the name and answered, the voice on the other end said can we meet to come up with a plan, Cary then says You mean something that's going to get your BROTHER and my best Friend back together and Ireland says yes..! Not sure how true it was but I meant to mention it. I'm going to see if I can find it again.!

Oh I hope so. Maybe thats why Cary and Eva and Ireland Gideon meet up at the Vidal party. And the comments Cary makes about Brett( who is also at the party in Time Square) asking Eva if she ever thinks about Brett banging her brainless is only to see if she wants Brett or Gideon.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She definitely sounds like a girl who fell for Gideon only to be tossed in the discard pile once he shoved his d*** in her.

I agree, a woman scorned as they say, I just hope she does not cause more trouble, I don't think either of them could cope with that, their lives are too intense as it is :)

This Deanna better mother cause any more trouble for Given and Eva. They have enough on their plate as it is. But also have a feeling she was one of Gideon's f#%& pad chicks. She is it for revenge for sure.

Thank you Sylvia for a snippet of chapter two.

But what is it that she thinks she could tell Eva about Gideon being Dark? I'm sure at this point there is nothing ANYONE can say that would make Eva turn away from him.!

But she would help as far as leaking the Brett story to help Eva and Gideon to their advantage.!

I'm hoping she doesn't find out about the Nathan story she would probably blackmail Gideon and it could her clothes in Snapshot 13..

Don't mind me just blurting out somethings till i digest it all.. lol

The other reason could be she did some digging when going out with Gideon about his past with him being a reporter especially if she got suspicious about him never asking her to stay the night.

It would deflect of Gideon and Eva if she leaked Eva with Brett, maybe she will get her interview to lead everyone down that route to let Gideon and Eva get a break

wishfull thinking..........

Hey ladies

I think Eva and Gideon can play just as dirty with the reporter, play her at her own game. Feed her info. The hunted becomes the hunter.

Just read it again. Oh it's so good.

good Idea, it would make sense and help the situation.

I printed it out so I can read it again tonight when I get home, Yeh :)

I was a little confused by this because she knows Gideon is dark... maybe she got the full taste of the f*%k pad and all it's "accessories." What confused me though is her saying that Eva melted him... how can she say that, then not realize that she could never be telling Eva anything she didn't already know?

I think she has been watching the relationship for a while and the way Eva was with Gideon and how he acted differently with her, she could also be the reporter that was putting a lot of the pictures on the web and the articles if she is freelance, she could be a stalker of Gideon.............

I think she has been watching the relationship for a while and the way Eva was with Gideon and how he acted differently with her, she could also be the reporter that was putting a lot of the pictures on the web and the articles if she is freelance, she could be a stalker of Gideon.............

Oh no-not another stalker!!!!

Honestly i was just thinking that. Corrine is really full of herself! I still can't get over how she was shocked that Eva didn't look like her. Who says that!!! Eva is a gorgeous curvy women. Corrine could probably be knocked over by a strong wind!

It could be Corrine but also the police seeing if Eva would bite, I would not be surprised though if after Eva going to have it out with Corrine that she did not get Gideon and Eva followed 

Throwing out some theories on stuff Deanna Johnson says:

Some of her words: "I can keep your name out of it, Eva. I won’t use anything that identifies you. This is your chance to get a bit of your own back .... His money doesn’t give him the right to do whatever the he wants ... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him .... That man has a dark side.â€

My theories:

• This reporter is working on a story about Gideon's own dark past, not Eva's.
  • I think Dr. Terry Lucas is her source, and she's vowed to protect him as an unnamed source.
  • As for dark past, the story may be about Gideon's mental instability as a boy/young teen-ager.
  • Lucas' motive: Gideon got back the woman he's wanted to marry for years, and Lucas wants to destroy Gideon's shot at marrying Corrine. Lucas wants revenge for Gideon having ruthlessly damaged Lucas' own marriage by sexually using Lucas' wife, Anne.
  • Based on what Lucas (and a huge society crowd) witnessed the night Corrine crashed that event, Lucas probably figures Eva immediately went onto the reject pile that very night.
  • Lucas was the one who tipped off Johnson that Eva would want to get even too.

Additional:

• I definitely think Eva's gut instinct is right here -- Gideon f****** Johnson and then rejected her.
  • Eva really has kept her head in the sand for weeks now. The media is running rampant with the news Gideon won back the girl who had gotten away all those years ago.
  • Corrine is probably encouraging those rumors, knowing full well that Gideon won't bother trying to correct any wild speculation or even lies. Just like Corrine manipulated Eva, Corrine is now manipulating reporters.
  • When Brett gave that interview four days earlier (four days prior to the start of Entwined) he actually identified Eva by name. That's how Johnson knows about him and Eva. This explains, too, why Gideon was so freaked out he took the dangerous risk of approaching Eva on Monday -- he had to beg her to wait, knowing Brett was coming back to New York later that week.
  • Eva's Dad is right - reporters can get all sorts of info, even info buried deeply into confidential records. There are NO laws in the United States that forbid publishing the names of sexual assault victims and/or juvenile victims. Some tabloids are unscrupulous enough to do it, even though the mainstream media voluntarily -- voluntarily -- does not publish sex assault victims' names unless the victims actually want their names used and specifically ask the news organizations to do it. Trust me on this one as a former reporter who's also had formal education about media laws in the United States.

I am thinking she really wants a good story. She may have slept with Gideon but i can't see her being a major character.

Don't need another "Corrine" in the picture. Though all she might want is revenge. I hope she won't be a major character either.

Some of her words: "I can keep your name out of it, Eva. I won’t use anything that identifies you. This is your chance to get a bit of your own back .... His money doesn’t give him the right to do whatever the ###### he wants ... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him .... That man has a dark side.â€

My theories:

• I think Dr. Terry Lucas is her source, and she's vowed to protect him as an unnamed source.
  • As for dark past, the story may be about Gideon's mental instability as a boy/young teen-ager.
  • Lucas' motive: Gideon got back the woman he's wanted to marry for years, and Lucas wants to destroy Gideon's shot at marrying Corrine. Lucas wants revenge for Gideon having ruthlessly damaged Lucas' own marriage by sexually using Lucas' wife, Anne.
  • Based on what Lucas (and a huge society crowd) witnessed the night Corrine crashed that event, Lucas probably figures Eva immediately went onto the reject pile that very night.

Additional:

• I definitely think Eva's gut instinct is right here -- Gideon f****** Johnson and then rejected her.
  • Eva really has kept her head in the sand for weeks now. The media is running rampant with the news Gideon won back the girl who had gotten away all those years ago.
  • Corrine is probably encouraging those rumors, knowing full well that Gideon won't bother trying to correct any wild speculation or even lies. Just like Corrine manipulated Eva, Corrine is now manipulating reporters.
  • When Brett gave that interview four days earlier (four days prior to the start of Entwined) he actually identified Eva by name. That's how Johnson knows about him and Eva. This explains, too, why Gideon was so freaked out he took the dangerous risk of approaching Eva on Monday -- he had to beg her to wait, knowing Brett was coming back to New York later that week.
  • Eva's Dad is right - reporters can get all sorts of info, even info buried deeply into confidential records. There are NO laws in the United States that forbid publishing the names of sexual assault victims and/or juvenile victims. Some tabloids are unscrupulous enough to do it, even though the mainstream media voluntarily -- voluntarily -- does not publish sex assault victims' names unless the victims actually want their names used and specifically ask the news organizations to do it. Trust me on this one as a former reporter who's also had formal education about media laws in the United States.

Been waiting for you :)

Wait you saw it to..! So I'm NOT going crazy..!

no, to all who think it is SD's work, it is not, it is a Fanfiction site that does Crossfire stories, there are over 50 of them from the two books so far and examples of what maybe going on before EWY, they are people who are telling the stories as if they are Gideon and Eva, Carry etc, they are quite good and you can totally think they would be good stories, but nothing to do with Sylvia, they are funny and in some way give way to your imagination about what the characters maybe thinking about situations.  There is a fanfiction site and an interaction site where you go in discuss the snapshots, stories they have posted but you are speaking to them as if they are Gideon & Eva, it is fun and they answer you like you think Gideon and Eva would etc.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/207926772683130/ & 

http://www.facebook.com/groups/164035160417234/

Some of her words: "I can keep your name out of it, Eva. I won’t use anything that identifies you. This is your chance to get a bit of your own back .... His money doesn’t give him the right to do whatever the ###### he wants ... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him .... That man has a dark side.â€

My theories:

Additional:

Brett didn't give Eva's last name in the interview, did he?

no, to all who think it is SD's work, it is not, it is a Fanfiction site that does Crossfire stories, there are over 50 of them from the two books so far and examples of what maybe going on before EWY, they are people who are telling the stories as if they are Gideon and Eva, Carry etc, they are quite good and you can totally think they would be good stories, but nothing to do with Sylvia, they are funny and in some way give way to your imagination about what the characters maybe thinking about situations.  There is a fanfiction site and an interaction site where you go in discuss the snapshots, stories they have posted but you are speaking to them as if they are Gideon & Eva, it is fun and they answer you like you think Gideon and Eva would etc.

thanks for the clarification

Thoughts on stuff Gideon says.

“The options were restraining orders, increased security, vigilance… for the rest of your life. There was no guarantee you’d be safe unless Nathan was dead."

Um, Gideon DID kill Nathan. But we already knew that from that radio interview Sylvia gave earlier this spring.

"I was afraid you’d run… that you’d be afraid. Of me."
Gideon planned to keep the killing a secret he'd carry to his own grave. Because he feared Eva would be terrified of him if she knew what he'd done, and so he'd have lost her forever. He'd rather have risked possibly losing her over jealousy (of Corrine) than definitely losing her over terror of him. He was betting on being able to get Eva back once he was able to get rid of Corrine, but he was convinced he'd never get Eva back if she knew he had become a killer.

"My lawyers will be talking to the police tomorrow, to get a feel for where things stand."

This is in direct response to Graves having cornered Eva at the gym. As soon as Eva fled his apartment, he called his defense team immediately. So everything Graves did is about to come under the scrutiny of the defense team. Every last word she said. This could be how Gideon's lawyers figure out Graves violated Eva's own rights to a lawyer.

"I have to know that you can live with what I’ve done."

THIS is why he risked coming to see Eva. To ask this question.

And in Eva's mind, "I couldn’t contain the ferocious swell of emotion that needed release–the love and need, the anger and fear. And the pain. God, the pain. I still felt it keenly. I wanted to tear into him. To punish as well as pleasure. To make him experience some small measure of what I had when he’d pushed me away."

What Eva learned this night does NOT totally negate her very justified feelings of hurt and betrayal for how Gideon treated her. So unfortunately, Eva's still going to have jealousy and insecurity episodes over Gideon being with Corrine. And her head is spinning in so many ways, one of which has been to rip open raw all the awful wounds Gideon inflicted when he pushed her away.

My theories:

Additional:

Love your point of view.. But I must say.... IT IS against the Law to publish a victims name especially a minor..! That much I know something similar happen to my cousin, been Thur the ringer with her and paid attention to everything so I know a Minors name CANNOT be published..! Only age..!!

Bring up the sex offenders online it will give you EVERY detail about him/her except the Victims name..!

Thanks for finding it....! I said I wasn't sure..! But would have loved for that to be in the book tho..!!

Eva never read the interview. Cary mentioned the article to Eva in passing. We know Cary has had a bad habit of not telling her the "whole" truth when it comes to Brett. I'm convinced, now, Brett did fully identify Eva. Or even if Brett himself didn't, then some other people (maybe bandmates) soon after gossiped about the fight.

Eva's had her ephing head in the sand ever since she saw that party photo. AGH!!!!! Yes, she probably spared herself the anguish of near-daily stories about Gideon and Corrine being reunited. But she also kept herself in the dark about how much she herself would have been in the news too -- Gideon's recent reject, and now revealed as "Golden."

Once again, there's a white-hot spotlight on Eva. And with this, the danger her own dark past could come out, once someone connects the dots between her and some guy who turned up murdered a few weeks earlier.

I think Gideon still has to make up for the fact that he hurt Eva. this will take some time but i believe they will work through it. I am glad Eva is being true to her feelings.

He may think he has to make up for hurting her but once she knows everything she'll understand and it won't be such a big.. ( I hope)

My theories:

Additional:

I think  Lucas is behind the reporter too.  I think he is angry about Eva's visit to his office and the fact that Gideon came after her.  If he lies about a child being abused he will do anything to hurt Gideon.   I think Lucas' silence was bought by Vidal Sr. for some reason and neither of them want that out.  Eva told him that she was still looking for answers and I think that scares the creepy doctor.