Entwined With You- Chapter One

Eva needs to do some good ole fashioned BI$CH Slapping!!!

Re- read the Oscar Night Snippet she doing some kind of fighting with someone because Gideon tells her not to fight his battles for him she then she says "I protect whats mine"

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad the night security guy, sensed Eva's unease with the reporter. I'm sure Gideon will get a report back about it. Will Gideon confess to Eva possibly still having a tail?

I'm sure Eva's going to tell Gideon all about her run-in downstairs with Deanna Johnson -- after she (Eva) and Gideon are done having lots of make-up sex. I'll bet Eva will ask, too, whether Deanna is an ex-lover, and thus has an especially big ax to gring. Plus, given what Deanna said about Corrine, I think this will be when Gideon and Eva have the long-overdue talk about what's been going on with Corrine all these weeks -- and exactly what went on with Eva and Brett when she took him out to lunch.

I'm sure Eva's going to tell Gideon all about her run-in downstairs with Deanna Johnson -- after she (Eva) and Gideon are done having lots of make-up sex. I'll bet Eva will ask, too, whether Deanna is an ex-lover, and thus has an especially big ax to gring. Plus, given what Deanna said about Corrine, I think this will be when Gideon and Eva have the long-overdue talk about what's been going on with Corrine all these weeks -- and exactly what went on with Eva and Brett when she took him out to lunch.

I am most looking forward to this talk. I'm sure one of the snippets plays into that convo. Whether for the right reasons or not Gideon broke Eva's heart and he's got to make that up to her, and make her feel secure in their love.

Oh there's so much catching up to do, s*x, talking, more s* x, talking, bit more s * x. :);)

Get it out in the open time! Honesty time.

I am most looking forward to this talk. I'm sure one of the snippets plays into that convo. Whether for the right reasons or not Gideon broke Eva's heart and he's got to make that up to her, and make her feel secure in their love.

Too, this long-overdue conversation is going to be about more than just Corrine -- it's going to be about Brett too. Eva (and thus we readers) probably will hear about how incredibly jealous and insecure Gideon has been too over Brett.

Because Eva deliberately hurt Gideon by taking Brett out to lunch -- she did it for immediate retaliation over Gideon having taken Corrine out to dinner. Gideon and Eva never got to even talk about how she hurt him. Two wrongs don't make a right. And what exactly does Gideon now know about Brett that scared him (Gideon) so much he took that huge risk of approaching Eva in that crowded elevator, breaking more than a week of for-their-own-safety absolute zero contact? Why was Gideon so scared that he put the promise ring back on Eva's hand and begged her "wait." Eva may have kept her head in the sand about Brett, but I'm sure Gideon hasn't.

I can't wait till Gideon and Eva get married I would love to see how everyone's jaws drop because they are all clueless and think Gideon wants Corinne back!!!

Too, this long-overdue conversation is going to be about more than just Corrine -- it's going to be about Brett too. Eva (and thus we readers) probably will hear about how incredibly jealous and insecure Gideon has been too over Brett.

Because Eva deliberately hurt Gideon by taking Brett out to lunch -- she did it for immediate retaliation over Gideon having taken Corrine out to dinner. Gideon and Eva never got to even talk about how she hurt him. Two wrongs don't make a right. And what exactly does Gideon now know about Brett that scared him (Gideon) so much he took that huge risk of approaching Eva in that crowded elevator, breaking more than a week of for-their-own-safety absolute zero contact? Why was Gideon so scared that he put the promise ring back on Eva's hand and begged her "wait." Eva may have kept her head in the sand about Brett, but I'm sure Gideon hasn't.

whatever Gideon knows about Brett, does Cary also know, if it was broadcast on the Internet?

I'm wondering whether Corrine is desperately thinking up ways to further mess with Eva, because of what happened two days before Entwined starts.

All Corrine knew is that for at least two-plus weeks, Eva was GONE and Gideon was now taking her (Corrine) out again, the only woman he was spending time with. Just when Corrine thought she'd succeeded in driving Eva away forever, Eva shows up on her doorstep. Corrine now knows Eva saw right through all of her (Corrine's) machinations. But Corrine also still has every reason to believe that Gideon isn't even talking to Eva right now, much less spending any time with Eva.

Corrine's thus got some room to pull something, gambling on the fact she'd get away with it (well, get away with it as far as Gideon is concerned, and he's the only one who counts.)

whatever Gideon knows about Brett, does Cary also know, if it was broadcast on the Internet?

Whatever was contained in that interview Brett gave the radio station in Florida four days prior to Entwined opening, Cary knows exactly what was said. Cary read an actual transcript. Gideon obviously did too. And it's possible other media have already started picking up on that original interview, now sniffing around for more stuff. Eva Trammell and Brett Kline is such a yummy story!!!! If Cary's caught wind of any of that, he hasn't said a word about it to Eva. And, of course, Eva has been avoiding reading anything about Gideon/Corrine -- so she's also been avoiding reading any of the stories that included her in them, as in how Gideon dumped her. Thus Eva also wouldn't have looked for any stories that mention her, period. Brett's probably out there talking about "Golden" now. And if he's not, his band members probably are. They saw the whole fight, and they also know all about Eva's and Brett's shared history back four years ago in San Diego.

I agree that Gideon wants some answers about Brett, but Eva left that lunch and hasn't had contact with Brett since. Eva sent that email to Gideon AFTER her lunch with Brett so Gideon knows how much she wants and loves him. She is not parading around with him. I agree Eva has to answer some of Gideon's questions, but Gideon's sins in my eyes are much greater than Eva's. Yes I can look at it through his eyes and see where he felt this was his only choice, but Eva was broken by his being with Corrine. How long would Gideon have kept this charade up had Brett not made his intentions known?  

I have no words for Corrine. I get the desperation. I can't even blame her for playing dirty to get Gideon, but Gideon needs to put an end to this nonsense. Eva deserves better.  

I agree that Gideon wants some answers about Brett, but Eva left that lunch and hasn't had contact with Brett since. Eva sent that email to Gideon AFTER her lunch with Brett so Gideon knows how much she wants and loves him. She is not parading around with him. I agree Eva has to answer some of Gideon's questions, but Gideon's sins in my eyes are much greater than Eva's. Yes I can look at it through his eyes and see where he felt this was his only choice, but Eva was broken by his being with Corrine. How long would Gideon have kept this charade up had Brett not made his intentions known?  

I have no words for Corrine. I get the desperation. I can't even blame her for playing dirty to get Gideon, but Gideon needs to put an end to this nonsense. Eva deserves better.  

Totally agree Kirsten he is lucky Eva is willing to forgive him because she was almost completely broken by the Corinne charade...

Maybe Christopher Jr is behind it he surely knows about what happened at the concert by now...Deanna may even be sleeping with him...

That's a good thought sscrph!

B/c also, how did she find out where Eva lives? Could her address be listed if she feared Nathan finding her?  I don't like that the reporter was waiting in the lobby for her. I think she def slept w/ Gideon too....She seems like she'll be a bit of trouble...just want's to get back at him...but like someone else said, I'm sure she knew before hand that nothing was going to come of them sleeping together....I guess that was the first snapshot...reporting/paper.. Also, her saying that all the money in the world thing, sounded like Lucas...

Hmmm...

Oh boy! The drama! So crazy! I don't want a lot of drama! Lots of happiness please! lol :)

Totally agree Kirsten he is lucky Eva is willing to forgive him because she was almost completely broken by the Corinne charade...

This line really got to me...

"But emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision. I was struggling with reconciling the absolute trust I had in Gideon’s awareness of my needs and the wariness that came from a shattered heart still healing."

Thoughts on stuff Gideon says.

“The options were restraining orders, increased security, vigilance… for the rest of your life. There was no guarantee you’d be safe unless Nathan was dead."

Um, Gideon DID kill Nathan. But we already knew that from that radio interview Sylvia gave earlier this spring.

"I was afraid you’d run… that you’d be afraid. Of me."

Gideon planned to keep the killing a secret he'd carry to his own grave. Because he feared Eva would be terrified of him if she knew what he'd done, and so he'd have lost her forever. He'd rather have risked possibly losing her over jealousy (of Corrine) than definitely losing her over terror of him. He was betting on being able to get Eva back once he was able to get rid of Corrine, but he was convinced he'd never get Eva back if she knew he had become a killer.

"My lawyers will be talking to the police tomorrow, to get a feel for where things stand."

This is in direct response to Graves having cornered Eva at the gym. As soon as Eva fled his apartment, he called his defense team immediately. So everything Graves did is about to come under the scrutiny of the defense team. Every last word she said. This could be how Gideon's lawyers figure out Graves violated Eva's own rights to a lawyer.

"I have to know that you can live with what I’ve done."

THIS is why he risked coming to see Eva. To ask this question.

And in Eva's mind, "I couldn’t contain the ferocious swell of emotion that needed release–the love and need, the anger and fear. And the pain. God, the pain. I still felt it keenly. I wanted to tear into him. To punish as well as pleasure. To make him experience some small measure of what I had when he’d pushed me away."

What Eva learned this night does NOT totally negate her very justified feelings of hurt and betrayal for how Gideon treated her. So unfortunately, Eva's still going to have jealousy and insecurity episodes over Gideon being with Corrine. And her head is spinning in so many ways, one of which has been to rip open raw all the awful wounds Gideon inflicted when he pushed her away.

I like your thinking LN, I agree with what you have written here, it makes sense :)

Thanks for finding it....! I said I wasn't sure..! But would have loved for that to be in the book tho..!!

no problem, I would have liked that too.  You should go in, I joined it as it is fun reading the stories, they have even done ones of Mark and Steven which is great to give you a feel of the different characters like I say it is fun and it has passed the time between books.  I also comment on the story lines (sheena on the FB site which is my real name anyway)

Gideon's always had sexual hang-ups. Corrine knew that better than anyone else, having spent three years in vain trying to get Gideon to spend the night with her, not just have sex at the hotel and then call it an evening.

It's been only three weeks. Is Corrine frustrated? Oh yeah. Is she pressuring Gideon, though? Oh no. She doesn't want to scare him off. She'll settle for whatever scraps he'll throw, which these days consists of publicly dating her, probably talking on the phone every day too (the latter for the benefit of his phone records, which the cops would be watching.)

Right now, Corrine's thrilled Eva is history and the media is going nuts with reports she and Gideon have re-united. Is Gideon denying those rumors? No. Is Gideon continuing to spend time with her? Yes. Has Eva been in the picture at all? No, not to Corrine's knowledge, except for the time two mornings ago when Eva -- without Gideon's knowledge -- showed up on Corrine's doorstep to pick a fight.

LN is it not longer than 3 weeks when you think of the things:-

First Charity Dinner - Red Dress, that was a saturday

Weekend chilling stayed in all weekend, Cary went to late photo shoot

Vegas Weekend

Beach weekend

Advocacy Dinner or was that not a weekend

Dad's arrival weekend

and I think there were another couple when they were just chilling watching TV and staying in, I think it is about 6 weeks by now but I know I have the order wrong

I maybe wrong but I thought it was a wee bit longer than 3 weeks

This line really got to me...

"But emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision. I was struggling with reconciling the absolute trust I had in Gideon’s awareness of my needs and the wariness that came from a shattered heart still healing."

Gideon broke more than her heart. He broke her trust. She's right to still be leery. They're still trapped in the middle of the whole mess. Quite frankly, it'd be unhealthy for her to just "let it all go." She's got gaping, bleeding wounds still, that need healing. To just let it go would be denial -- it'd be shoving that pain down deep inside to fester, and then grow malignant.

Part of healing her broken heart is to process the emotions, which include a lot of anger. Thank God Eva has, through the help of therapy, developed ways of doing so. Though she still sometimes slips into her older, destructive patterns, there are other times when "New Eva" is the one who prevails, the healthy part of her.

And New Eva definitely had come out as she faced Gideon. Here's my thoughts on a key part of the conversation:

“You cut me off. Shut me out. You and me–â€

Eva telling him what he did to her was wrong.

“Forever.†His fingertips pressed against my parted lips. “It’s over, Eva. Don’t argue about something that’s too late to change.â€

Gideon didn't want to go there. Probably because he was scared she was about to say she'd never forgive him for it. He'd pushed her away permanently.

I brushed his hand away. “Is it over? Can we be together now, or are we still hiding our relationship from the police? Are we even in a relationship?â€

Eva refused to let the matter drop. She demanded an answer from him - has Gideon decided, as part of killing Nathan to save her life, that they can never be together again. After all, Gideon on his own had decided to call all the shots, giving her no choice in the matter. Is the choice he made, which still stands, that he'll stay away forever.

Gideon held my gaze, hiding nothing, letting me see his pain and fear. “That’s what I’m here to ask you.â€

Gideon's the one who actually needs the answer here -- ARE they finished as a couple forever? He's lost all control of the situation now. As recently as the day before, he'd been promising Eva he was going to go back to her as soon as he could, when whatever reason he had stayed away was done. Now he's scared the door has been slammed forever shut. There's no more "wait." It's "done."

“If it’s up to me, I’ll never let you go,†I said vehemently. “Never.â€

Eva's angry she never got any say in the matter. She believes she still hasn't got a say in the matter.

Gideon’s hands slid down my throat to my shoulders, blazing a hot trail across my skin. “I need that to be true,†he said softly. “I was afraid you’d run… that you’d be afraid. Of me.â€

Gideon's terrified he's the one who lost all say in the matter. This is his worst nightmare.

“Gideon, no–â€

It dawned on Eva what he's scared of - that the violent thing he'd done would mean she'd never feel safe around him again. She's now stopped arguing, recognizing what's really going on here. Yes, she still is entitled to a lot of answers out of him concerning how he emotionally mistreated her, but he's in front of her asking the hardest questions of his life.

“I would never hurt you.â€

He's begging her to not be afraid of him. But he's so convinced she is -- how could she not be.

I caught the waistband of his sweats and tugged, even though I couldn’t budge him. “I know that.â€

She's trying to convince him she isn't physically afraid of him ever raising a hand to her.

And physically, I had no doubts; he’d always been careful with me, always cautious. But emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision. I was struggling with reconciling the absolute trust I had in Gideon’s awareness of my needs and the wariness that came from a shattered heart still healing.

Inside, she's convinced he's not capable of violence against her. But she knows he's more than capable of mentally/emotionally harming her, has already in fact very deliberately done it to her. So she's scared of that - scared of his control pattern, which including manipulating her in order to control her.

“Do you?†He searched my face, as attuned as always to what wasn’t said. “Letting you go would kill me, but I wouldn’t hurt you to keep you.â€

He can see in her face, in her eyes, that a part of her is afraid of him emotionally. He no longer deserves her trust. So he's letting her know he's not going to try to manipulate her anymore as part of what's still going on, try to force her emotionally to do what he wants. If she wants out, he'll set her free. She won't have to spend the rest of her life being followed by him.

“I don’t want to go anywhere.â€

Yeesh, what's it going to take to convince the man Eva is staying put this time. She's not going to run anymore. She doesn't want him gone for good. She wants him.

He exhaled audibly. “My lawyers will be talking to the police tomorrow, to get a feel for where things stand.â€

OK, so he's kinda convinced now she actually may mean it when she says she still wants him. So now he's switching to practical matters - what's being done about the criminal case, the big mess that now they're both in.

Tilting my head back, I pressed my lips gently to his. We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me – I was the daughter of a police officer, after all – but the alternative was too awful to consider.

She understands now she's actively playing a role, after the fact, in Gideon's plan to get away with what he did. She's got two choices now - help him or stand back while the cops take him down.

“I have to know that you can live with what I’ve done,†he said softly, wrapping my hair around his finger.

He's being realistic here. Even though she says she still wants him, what has happened could eat away at her, eat away at them. Can she spend the rest of her life with someone who killed a person?

“I think so. Can you?â€

She's being honest. She's pretty sure she can. Certainly, she's willing to try. She wants to know if he thinks that he in turn can live with what he'd done.

His mouth found mine again. “I can survive anything if I have you.â€

As long as he has her, nothing else matters. He'll get through anything.

anyone else notice that the New Years teaser is Gideon's POV from this beginning scene in chapter 1?

http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/12/31/special-teaser-years/

Love it!!

Wow. Now that I retread this, it is amazing how much their thoughts about one another are the same. Neither of them realize how special they are. Gideon can't understand why Eva wants him and Eva can't understand why Gideon wants her. They are so made for one another. It would be great to have more chapters from Gideon's point of view!!