Entwined With You- Chapter One

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the remark the reporter made "not everyone has a rockstar waiting in the wings" .. something about that remark that's bothers me...

That was her way of telling Eva Gideon shoved his D%#k in her and left her and she knows about Brett and Eva..!!

Love your point of view.. But I must say.... IT IS against the Law to publish a victims name especially a minor..! That much I know something similar happen to my cousin, been Thur the ringer with her and paid attention to everything so I know a Minors name CANNOT be published..! Only age..!!

Bring up the sex offenders online it will give you EVERY detail about him/her except the Victims name..!

I've published the names of sex abuse victims with their permission, including in one instance, the name of a teen-ager (with parental permission.) Murder/rape victims always were identified by full name, even minors.

All other crimes involving minors, the names of the victims ran in the newspaper I worked for. Also the names of any minors who were key witnesses for certain cases, especially homicides. The youngest child I ever covered who received extensive coverage as the state's star witness in a murder trial was just five years old. She witnessed the murder of her younger brother at the hands of her mother's boyfriend while the mother was passed out cold on vodka.

There are no laws against publishing names - it's a form of censorship known as "prior restraint" and there is extensive First Amendment case law on the subject. Trust me, my newspaper never would have exposed itself to lawsuits. As long as what is published is the truth, a news organization cannot be sued.

For the record, I hated the cases involving children as victims and/or eyewitnesses to terrible crimes. It was not my choice to publish the names. That was the decision of my newspaper, which had a policy of very aggressively keeping an eye on the police agencies and the courts within our jurisdiction. For the final three years of my career, I was the cop/court beat reporter. ALL I did was write crime stories.

The reason I'm working in public relations, having walked away from a 12-year-long career in a field that overall I'd loved and was very good at was because of those heartbreaking court cases involving children. I couldn't leave the stuff in the newsroom anymore. I cried at home, and I tried to drown it out with alcohol too. I think one of the reasons the Crossfire novels touch me so deeply is because the main characters are survivors of childhood horrors.

What about the remark the reporter made "not everyone has a rockstar waiting in the wings" .. something about that remark that's bothers me...

Maybe Christopher Jr is behind it he surely knows about what happened at the concert by now...Deanna may even be sleeping with him...

Throwing out some theories on stuff Deanna Johnson says:

Some of her words: "I can keep your name out of it, Eva. I won’t use anything that identifies you. This is your chance to get a bit of your own back .... His money doesn’t give him the right to do whatever the ###### he wants ... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him .... That man has a dark side.â€

My theories:

• This reporter is working on a story about Gideon's own dark past, not Eva's.
  • I think Dr. Terry Lucas is her source, and she's vowed to protect him as an unnamed source.
  • As for dark past, the story may be about Gideon's mental instability as a boy/young teen-ager.
  • Lucas' motive: Gideon got back the woman he's wanted to marry for years, and Lucas wants to destroy Gideon's shot at marrying Corrine. Lucas wants revenge for Gideon having ruthlessly damaged Lucas' own marriage by sexually using Lucas' wife, Anne.
  • Based on what Lucas (and a huge society crowd) witnessed the night Corrine crashed that event, Lucas probably figures Eva immediately went onto the reject pile that very night.
  • Lucas was the one who tipped off Johnson that Eva would want to get even too.

Additional:

• I definitely think Eva's gut instinct is right here -- Gideon f****** Johnson and then rejected her.
  • Eva really has kept her head in the sand for weeks now. The media is running rampant with the news Gideon won back the girl who had gotten away all those years ago.
  • Corrine is probably encouraging those rumors, knowing full well that Gideon won't bother trying to correct any wild speculation or even lies. Just like Corrine manipulated Eva, Corrine is now manipulating reporters.
  • When Brett gave that interview four days earlier (four days prior to the start of Entwined) he actually identified Eva by name. That's how Johnson knows about him and Eva. This explains, too, why Gideon was so freaked out he took the dangerous risk of approaching Eva on Monday -- he had to beg her to wait, knowing Brett was coming back to New York later that week.
  • Eva's Dad is right - reporters can get all sorts of info, even info buried deeply into confidential records. There are NO laws in the United States that forbid publishing the names of sexual assault victims and/or juvenile victims. Some tabloids are unscrupulous enough to do it, even though the mainstream media voluntarily -- voluntarily -- does not publish sex assault victims' names unless the victims actually want their names used and specifically ask the news organizations to do it. Trust me on this one as a former reporter who's also had formal education about media laws in the United States.

Love your point of view.. But I must say.... IT IS against the Law to publish a victims name especially a minor..! That much I know something similar happen to my cousin, been Thur the ringer with her and paid attention to everything so I know a Minors name CANNOT be published..! Only age..!!

Bring up the sex offenders online it will give you EVERY detail about him/her except the Victims name..!

I was waiting for LN to have her POV.   I agree with with MC that it is against the law to use minor's name.

She definitely linked Eva to Brett however i don't think she knows anything about Nathan. I think this is gossip she is after.

One more thing to add, online sex offender registries DO leave out the names of victims. Adult and minor alike. Not because it's illegal to run the names, but because it is a voluntary (with good reason) decision to do so.

Same deal with news organizations. It is by voluntary choice to not run the names in probably 99% of the time. But a news organization cannot be sued for simply running a name -- not as long as the facts in the story are correct. Publishing incorrect info (i.e. the reporter gets to the story wrong) well then, yes, that's potential lawsuit city. It'd be libel.

Unfortunately, the worst of the tabloids (like the National Enquirer) run lurid stories based on a combination of facts, speculations and sometimes lies. Every so often, the Enquirer does get sued for libel, and usually ends up settling out of court. Then goes right back to it's usual M.O.

Monica has real grounds for her terror about the Nathan story, including names, possibly getting out. There are news organizations unscrupulous enough to run the whole story. Because as long as the facts are true, the news organization would not be able to be sued.

Guys, it's NOT against the law. Sometimes, I wish it were. But it's NOT. I would have had my @** sued and my newspaper financially ruined if it were against the law. There are no LAWS that say "you cannot publish the name of a crime victim" nor "you cannot publish the name of minors." The First Amendment forbids any such laws from existing, because they would be unconstitutional.

News organizations that don't run the names are doing so by voluntary CHOICE. Not because some state and/or Federal law exists. 

Well ladies.

I can't leave you for a minute

What a frenzy you have worked yourselves into! Lol

I certainly think a newspaper or journalist might be biting the dust, care of Gideon if they print Eva's story, as he promised, when she told him of her rape.

I hope those aren't her clothes we see.. although I can't see Gideon EVER cheating on Eva but whose clothes could they be?? Maybe they are Evasion just a bad picture LOL .. what does everyone think??

This story is from Eva's point of view, so unless she caught Deanna Johnson in bed with someone, those couldn't be anyone else's but Eva's clothes strewn on the floor (snapshot #15)

And if Eva did catch Deanna in bed with someone, it certainly wouldn't be Gideon. There's a list, though, with Christopher Jr. at the top. Please, God, let it not be Eva walking into Cary's room to find that sleazy reporter in bed with him. We already know from Chapter One that Eva has vowed to keep the secret from everyone else, including Cary and Dr. Petersen. Deanna knows where Eva lives and so knows where Cary lives too.

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gideon does have the ability to financially ruin news organizations, by the way. There is more than one way to skin a cat. He doesn't need to use the courts to do it -- for one thing, as long as the news organizations were reporting the truth, he couldn't sue they anyway.

But the news business is in a precarious place these days as some of the old business models of print journalism are dying and the Internet has created a whole new system of journalism. Even the best newspapers have vulnerable spots, most especially financially. There are levers to push.

I can't deal with anymore scorned women from his past. In my opinion these women had to have some idea what they were getting into. I mean they went to bed with a man just because he's hot! I find it funny that after that they can be "scorned" or upset that he didn't want to date. I mean they didn't stop to think about that before jumping in the sack. Sorry i had to vent! LOL

No wonder Gideon was paranoid over Eva's safety even before Nathan showed up on the scene. I wonder how many bunny-boiler scorned women are floating around out there. Eva probably had a target painted on her from day one.

What a great sneak peek! Ok some questions. How far is Gideon going to go with the lie with Corrine? Are they going to appear as though they are a couple? How far can he go with the lie and not sleep with her? Wouldn't she think it is strange that they are back together but he won't sleep with her? Would she tell the police that he acting strange? Do we think that Deanna slept with Gideon and now she is jealous? (join the club! lol) So many questions! 

I hate to bring up the 'C' word-does anyone think Corinne has anything to do with this reporter coming around-I don't know-like they're in cahoots with each other? (Did I just say 'cahoots'?!?!)

Not with this particular reporter, Deanna, no. Seems like this reporter is jealous of women who actually get anywhere with Gideon instead of getting f***** and then forgotten, like she had.

Even though Gideon (in this woman's warped mind) simply used Eva, Eva managed to get a piece of Gideon that Deanna never did.  Deanna probably believes Gideon was incredibly sexually hot for Eva (which he was -- still is.) Gideon actually took Eva out in public, something he'd never done with women like Deanna. Too, judging by the photos online, Eva lasted several weeks. Deanna probably lasted, at best, a couple of nights. Maybe only one.

So this Deanna is probably sexually jealous of Eva and even more jealous of Corrine, firmly convinced that Corrine is the one who will get the grand prize: Mrs. Gideon Cross.

I think Dr. Lucas started stirring things up the night he saw Gideon with Corrine at the fundraiser -- and once Gideon and Corrine "got back together" switched things into high gear, choosing Deanna as his (Lucas') weapon to destroy Gideon and Corrine, like Lucas tried to destroy Gideon and Eva.

Oh if the evil doctor only knew the truth .............