Entwined With You- Chapter One

What a great sneak peek! Ok some questions. How far is Gideon going to go with the lie with Corrine? Are they going to appear as though they are a couple? How far can he go with the lie and not sleep with her? Wouldn't she think it is strange that they are back together but he won't sleep with her? Would she tell the police that he acting strange? Do we think that Deanna slept with Gideon and now she is jealous? (join the club! lol) So many questions! 

I dont think Gideon will be using Corrine as his alibi any more. It didn't really work.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great sneak peek! Ok some questions. How far is Gideon going to go with the lie with Corrine? Are they going to appear as though they are a couple? How far can he go with the lie and not sleep with her? Wouldn't she think it is strange that they are back together but he won't sleep with her? Would she tell the police that he acting strange? Do we think that Deanna slept with Gideon and now she is jealous? (join the club! lol) So many questions! 

Gideon's always had sexual hang-ups. Corrine knew that better than anyone else, having spent three years in vain trying to get Gideon to spend the night with her, not just have sex at the hotel and then call it an evening.

It's been only three weeks. Is Corrine frustrated? Oh yeah. Is she pressuring Gideon, though? Oh no. She doesn't want to scare him off. She'll settle for whatever scraps he'll throw, which these days consists of publicly dating her, probably talking on the phone every day too (the latter for the benefit of his phone records, which the cops would be watching.)

Right now, Corrine's thrilled Eva is history and the media is going nuts with reports she and Gideon have re-united. Is Gideon denying those rumors? No. Is Gideon continuing to spend time with her? Yes. Has Eva been in the picture at all? No, not to Corrine's knowledge, except for the time two mornings ago when Eva -- without Gideon's knowledge -- showed up on Corrine's doorstep to pick a fight.

Not with this particular reporter, Deanna, no. Seems like this reporter is jealous of women who actually get anywhere with Gideon instead of getting f***** and then forgotten, like she had.

Even though Gideon (in this woman's warped mind) simply used Eva, Eva managed to get a piece of Gideon that Deanna never did.  Deanna probably believes Gideon was incredibly sexually hot for Eva (which he was -- still is.) Gideon actually took Eva out in public, something he'd never done with women like Deanna. Too, judging by the photos online, Eva lasted several weeks. Deanna probably lasted, at best, a couple of nights. Maybe only one.

So this Deanna is probably sexually jealous of Eva and even more jealous of Corrine, firmly convinced that Corrine is the one who will get the grand prize: Mrs. Gideon Cross.

I think Dr. Lucas started stirring things up the night he saw Gideon with Corrine at the fundraiser -- and once Gideon and Corrine "got back together" switched things into high gear, choosing Deanna as his (Lucas') weapon to destroy Gideon and Corrine, like Lucas tried to destroy Gideon and Eva.

Oh if the evil doctor only knew the truth .............

OK-I could see it.

How do you think Dr.L picked up on the fact that Deanna slept w/Gideon?

Not with this particular reporter, Deanna, no. Seems like this reporter is jealous of women who actually get anywhere with Gideon instead of getting f***** and then forgotten, like she had.

Even though Gideon (in this woman's warped mind) simply used Eva, Eva managed to get a piece of Gideon that Deanna never did.  Deanna probably believes Gideon was incredibly sexually hot for Eva (which he was -- still is.) Gideon actually took Eva out in public, something he'd never done with women like Deanna. Too, judging by the photos online, Eva lasted several weeks. Deanna probably lasted, at best, a couple of nights. Maybe only one.

So this Deanna is probably sexually jealous of Eva and even more jealous of Corrine, firmly convinced that Corrine is the one who will get the grand prize: Mrs. Gideon Cross.

I think Dr. Lucas started stirring things up the night he saw Gideon with Corrine at the fundraiser -- and once Gideon and Corrine "got back together" switched things into high gear, choosing Deanna as his (Lucas') weapon to destroy Gideon and Corrine, like Lucas tried to destroy Gideon and Eva.

This is a very good possibility. I can see Lucas wanting revenge for the affair Gideon had with his wife. It cracks me up how everyone thinks that Corrine is the one for him. If only they used there eyes... they would see how he looks at Eva.

Guys, it's NOT against the law. Sometimes, I wish it were. But it's NOT. I would have had my @** sued and my newspaper financially ruined if it were against the law. There are no LAWS that say "you cannot publish the name of a crime victim" nor "you cannot publish the name of minors." The First Amendment forbids any such laws from existing, because they would be unconstitutional.

News organizations that don't run the names are doing so by voluntary CHOICE. Not because some state and/or Federal law exists.

You are absolutely correct! I studied Criminal Justice for 4 years. Freedom of speech and press protect the rights of news organizations to report as long as they report the truth. Most news organizations voluntary leave victims names out of the press out of respect. Not wanting to re- victimize them with the world knowing their personal business. Its called Integral Journalism.

No wonder Gideon was paranoid over Eva's safety even before Nathan showed up on the scene. I wonder how many bunny-boiler scorned women are floating around out there. Eva probably had a target painted on her from day one.

This is so true and he did allude to this in Vegas when they talked about the body guard incident...

This is a very good possibility. I can see Lucas wanting revenge for the affair Gideon had with his wife. It cracks me up how everyone thinks that Corrine is the one for him. If only they used there eyes... they would see how he looks at Eva.

I guess they don't see the helpless yearning that Eva sees...at least her vision is 20/20 because we know her hearing is not LOL!!

No wonder Gideon was paranoid over Eva's safety even before Nathan showed up on the scene. I wonder how many bunny-boiler scorned women are floating around out there. Eva probably had a target painted on her from day one.

Hi. Hope your visit went ok. Blood pressure good after chapter one?

Couldn't agree more with you. His ex's are a bit tiresome.

This story is from Eva's point of view, so unless she caught Deanna Johnson in bed with someone, those couldn't be anyone else's but Eva's clothes strewn on the floor (snapshot #15)

And if Eva did catch Deanna in bed with someone, it certainly wouldn't be Gideon. There's a list, though, with Christopher Jr. at the top. Please, God, let it not be Eva walking into Cary's room to find that sleazy reporter in bed with him. We already know from Chapter One that Eva has vowed to keep the secret from everyone else, including Cary and Dr. Petersen. Deanna knows where Eva lives and so knows where Cary lives too.

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good point if she wants a story she can easily prey on Cary!!

LN what could Terry possibly be think though? Maybe this was all set in motion before the showdown at his office? Gideon came and got Eva that day, "rescuing her" and warned him to stay away from her. Surely he has to wonder what is going on here. I understand why Gideon went after her, but that was a big eff up on his part on one hand, that drive back to the office though helped his relationship with Eva though so I have to say ultimately it was worth it... I think.

Well ladies.

I can't leave you for a minute

What a frenzy you have worked yourselves into! Lol

I certainly think a newspaper or journalist might be biting the dust, care of Gideon if they print Eva's story, as he promised, when she told him of her rape.

I know that would be a very sad turn to this story but I couldn't help having a sick feeling when I read that the first time in BTY.

Here's the line    Maybe some other time,†I said, leaving the option open because I intended to keep tabs on her.   They are going to use her.

Absolutely agree! Eva stated that if this woman was going to try and go after Gideon she was going to cut her off at the pass. Kick some A$$ Girl! She's not going to let anyone mess with her man anymore.

Good point Lncronon, i didnt think about that.. makes me feel alittle better..I still can't see Gideon wanting someone who wears shoes like that could you?? He has better taste then that.. maybe it is with Carey..

LOL, those shoes can't be Eva's. And we all know Gideon only wants Eva!

You are absolutely correct! I studied Criminal Justice for 4 years. Freedom of speech and press protect the rights of news organizations to report as long as they report the truth. Most news organizations voluntary leave victims names out of the press out of respect. Not wanting to re- victimize them with the world knowing their personal business. Reporting with integrity.

^^^ This. And I've had my own journalism classes in college included First Amendment law and in criminal court procedure for journalists. Plus, as I mentioned before, I worked for a newspaper that was very aggressive about covering the police and the courts.

Aggressive not for sensational purposes of selling papers -- aggressive for keeping the everyone in the system honest. including the judges. Over the years, the newspaper (owned by a family) sued police agencies to force them to make many of their records open to the public -- sued for the "right to know." None of the cases ever made it as high as the U.S. Supreme Court, however several made it to the state supreme court level. In all but one case, the newspaper won, and in doing so, created case law. Kept the cops, courts and judges accountable to the people.

Absolutely agree! Eva stated that if this woman was going to try and go after Gideon she was going to cut her off at the pass. Kick some A$$ Girl! She's not going to let anyone mess with her man anymore.

Eva needs to do some good ole fashioned BI$CH Slapping!!!

LN what could Terry possibly be think though? Maybe this was all set in motion before the showdown at his office? Gideon came and got Eva that day, "rescuing her" and warned him to stay away from her. Surely he has to wonder what is going on here. I understand why Gideon went after her, but that was a big eff up on his part on one hand, that drive back to the office though helped his relationship with Eva though so I have to say ultimately it was worth it... I think.

I think that what Lucas saw at the fundraiser the night Corrine crashed it convinced him (probably convinced a lot of other people there too) that Gideon was beside himself happy Corrine was there. Lucas starting asking himself "How can I mess things up for Cross?"

• Gideon and Eva disappeared for a short time - had a big fight in private?
  • Gideon ignored Eva in favor of Corrine throughout dinner (yes, he did -- the idiot!)
  • When Lucas called Gideon on the fact he (Gideon) was so focused on Mrs. Giroux that he totally ignored Eva, Eva agreed with Lucas right to Gideon's face. Then she left.
  • Gideon never took Eva out in high society again. No more fundraisers. No more photos of them in public.
  • A couple of weeks later, Lucas ran into Eva at the hospital (while Cary was a patient.) She looked awful and Lucas intuitively sensed   Gideon was making Eva deeply unhappy (which Gideon actually WAS at the time -- he was already going out with Corrine again, online photos/stories showed.)
  • Lucas probably thought something along these lines: OK, Corrine came back, and within a couple of weeks, she and Cross got back together for good. They're possibly engaged again in all but name -- they're just waiting for her divorce to go through. Cross is going to marry Corrine. So Cross thinks -- hah!! I've got his number. It's payback time. I'm going to expose him for the misogynist and sociopath he is. I know of at least one woman he screwed over, Deanna Johnson, who would be interested in what I happen to know about Cross' teen-aged years. I'm going to nuke his plans to marry Corrine.

I'm not sure if Lucas had time to speak with Deanna yet about Gideon fetching Eva from his (Lucas') office. The incident happened Tuesday morning. Deanna looked up Eva on Wednesday evening. It's possible, but on the other hand, Eva showed Tuesday that she's fully prepared to dig into Lucas' own background of Lucas' involvement with the Vidal family.