Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LN Cronan, on 24 May 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:snapback.png

I

Before -- definitely before. Cary having very serious reservations about Gideon is how things stand as we head into Entwined. Below I've got some "after" Cary finds out theories.

"Before" as we head into Entwined

• Both of the violent nightmares where Gideon turned aggressor on Eva happened at Eva's place. After the second one, Cary flat out urged Eva to end things with Gideon for her own recovery.
  • Eva chose to continue to work through the problems with Gideon, so Cary dropped the subject.
  • But less than one week later was when Gideon started hurting Eva by taking Corrine out. Cary, now bedridden, watched Eva suffer.
  • Then Cary saw that Eva finally had enough, and she did dump Gideon (though for "cheating" not the nightmares)
  • Two days before Entwined started, Eva finally had a little contact with Gideon. Meanwhile, Cary planted the Brett Rebound Guy idea.

Possible "after"

• I'll bet Cary already suspects someone hired a hitman to kill Nathan over those pictures - probably Stanton but can't rule out Gideon. The motive for the killing would be to make sure those photos never get out. Even Eva herself (based just on the photos before she learned the scarier stuff) wondered in passing whether Gideon might have been involved.
  • Sooner or later, Cary is bound to find out Nathan was the one who almost killed him -- and that Nathan had been stalking both him and Eva.
  • I think when Cary finds that out, he'll also figure out the real motive for wanting Nathan dead. It wasn't the pictures, it was the danger to Eva's life.
  • Once Cary connects those dots, then he'll likely guess (correctly) Gideon, not Stanton, was responsible for Nathan's death.
  • Couple that with Cary probably finding out Gideon is quietly seeing Eva again  .... Cary might then smell a "rat" (in a good way) about why all of a sudden Gideon had pulled away from Eva as soon as he (Cary) ended up so badly injured.

I don't think Cary will ever find out the whole truth -- but he'll know enough to know Gideon probably saved Eva's life. That'll be good enough for Cary to change his mind about Gideon. Even with his faults, if Gideon saved Cary's "Baby Girl" how can the guy be bad for Eva?

I can live with this.  Let's see if you are on the same wavelength as Sylvia.

Okay I feel like an idiot... what the he11 is this?

I'm with you there.  I don't know what the picture is but I know you can't trust everyone around you.  What if Stanton turns out to be a bad guy?  Or at least bad for the Gideon / Eva match up.

I just realized it is less than 2 weeks now to reading about Eva & Gideon.

I'm with you there.  I don't know what the picture is but I know you can't trust everyone around you.  What if Stanton turns out to be a bad guy?  Or at least bad for the Gideon / Eva match up.

I just realized it is less than 2 weeks now to reading about Eva & Gideon.

Yes we will keep busy on this forum and it will be here before you know it!!

I think this refers to Cary. Is it possible that he has hooked up with Deanna Johnson and spilled some tidbits over pillow talk, maybe she left her watch behind at the apartment and Eva found it?? !!

I

I would hate if that happens. It would make the story even more interesting... but Cary betraying (knowingly or unknowingly) Eva like that would just be awful! 

There is definitely something significant about the watch or the time because it was the Chapter 10 snapshot also...something significant must happen in Chapter 10...

Ah yes you're right sscrph. My brain is fried for today, perhaps tomorrow I'll have a fresher perspective. :) 

Hello, ladies

First of all, I'd like you to know that I love the positive vibes of this forum. That's one of the reasons I decided to be a registered member. FYI, this is my first and only online global forum ... and most likely the last *wink*

And I really have a great time here. You all ROCK! I also treasure the brain gym. The EWY-based information given by Sylvia and the publisher, IMHO, has become a new form of intriguing board game *grin* The whole process of playing the game is what matters the most to me that my goal isn't about having my theory right [i'd be thrilled if I'm right, though *LOL*]

My Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo Theory [caution, error hazard]

My posting on the New Entwined Clues thread about my crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo theory consists of three postings. The first posting explains the underlying theory of it which is the yo-yo__yo-you pattern. The rest two postings are the crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo chart.

In my first posting I mentioned that "It means there'll be 22 keywords (+1 additional cover reveal, perhaps?) representing the complete chapters of EWY" and "since the title is Countdown, it guides us down to the opening chapter."

And my second and third posting will show you how it's applied in a form of a chart. In other words:

1. The (what I assume to be) 22 chapters in the book would coincide with the keywords from the countdown questions, i.e.

Chapter 22 -- Countdown question Day #23

Chapter 21 -- Countdown question Day #22

Chapter 20 -- Countdown question Day #21, etc. and finally

Chapter 1   -- Countdown question Day #2

2. The final countdown Day #1 on June 3rd would (I guess) be in a form of additional cover reveal.

*to be clear, you might need to look at the chart on the New Entwined Clues thread*

Countdown question Day #16

On the New Entwined Clues thread, my response to the countdown question Day #16 was: [i don't know how to re-post my posting from another thread, so I decided to re-type it]

"So...

Countdown keyword for Day #16 is mischief at a club.

It's perfect to complete snapshot #9, snippets 6 and 7, and chapter 9--conflict puzzle! Trying to twist the pattern here? Hmmm...

[i knew I should've waited until Day #10 coz it's the ultimate missing piece to prove my theory right]

I notice the changing tone in the leading question, though. It used to be enigmatic. Today is a bit... specific.

Well, I just have to factor jumbled word in now *grin*"

What does countdown question Day #16 say about my yo-yo__yo-you pattern?

1. I'm guessing correctly about the connection between the daily keywords and the chapters in EWY.

2. Countdown question Day #16 speaks volumes because it's the ultimate missing piece. If you take a look at the crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo chart, these following spaces are already complete and (almost?) definite:

Snapshot : 9

Snippets  : 6 and 7

Chapter   : 9 --Conflict

Alas, the countdown space has created anomaly in the yo-yo__yo-you pattern. If it follows the pattern, countdown question Day #16's supposed to coincide with chapter 15.

3. My yo-yo__yo-you pattern in the publication of the countdown questions is still plausible before the twist exists exactly the day after I posted my crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo theory.

4. Starting from countdown question Day #16, the yo-yo__yo-you pattern goes freestyle *wink* It's safe to say that now the countdown questions are given in non-chronological order. That's what I meant when I said I was factoring jumbled word in [so, it's possible that chapter 14 coincides with countdown question #14, LN Cronan]

Brett Kline [caution, error hazard]

Eva's feelings towards Brett, IMO, has reached its crystal clarity in RIY. Now the time has come for Brett to sort his feelings to an old flame out. To do so, Brett should encounter conflict first. It means he would appear in at least two chapters. And his resolution chapter in EWY could take place long after the conflict chapter.

That leads me to these questions:

1 In which chapter Deanna Johnson has her resolution? 

2 In which chapters the conflict and resolution of Gideon's abuser occur?

Peruse away

I think this refers to Cary. Is it possible that he has hooked up with Deanna Johnson and spilled some tidbits over pillow talk, maybe she left her watch behind at the apartment and Eva found it?? !!

I

Does this coincide with the picture of the clothes on the floor by the bed, which we thought might be Deanna's?

It's definitely a watch.

I don't think it is to do with the object itself. I think it means, you are being watched! Hence the comment."can you trust everyone around you" Which one is going to dob Gideon in?

If I was a betting man, I would say Cary. Out of loyalty to Eva. After the way Gideon treated her, he might think it was payback. Oh! Don't do it Cary! :(

Or Corinne, for the way Gideon has treated her, using her. :(

Or Stanton and Monica, to save their sorry a*ses! :(

Or Daniel, for Gideon reprimanding him at the gym. :(

Where do I stop.:(