Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

BTW could someone tell me what 0 warning points means? It says that under my name when I post. I'm guessing maybe you get a warning if you write about say Gideon's nice a** or something and forget to asterisk it.

Haven't a clue either, but don't worry, whatever it's for, it's not for forgetting to asterisk certain words. If you forget to asterisk something that the naughty-word filter has flagged, the site will replace the word with a string of ##### characters.

I still can't figure out what the deal is with the four-letter word that is the opposite of heaven. The "h, e, double toothpick" word. For some strange reason, it's on the verbotten list. Strange. Also, the site seems to be flagged mostly, if not all, for the American version of the English dialect. The word a** won't fly, but the British dialect version, arse, does.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't a clue either, but don't worry, whatever it's for, it's not for forgetting to asterisk certain words. If you forget to asterisk something that the naughty-word filter has flagged, the site will replace the word with a string of ##### characters.

I still can't figure out what the deal is with the four-letter word that is the opposite of heaven. The "h, e, double toothpick" word. For some strange reason, it's on the verbotten list. Strange. Also, the site seems to be flagged mostly, if not all, for the American version of the English dialect. The word a** won't fly, but the British dialect version, arse, does.

As I said the other day. Makes me smile, considering the content of the book. :)

You can get round something's by putting a full stop in between. h.e.l.l. Heeheehee

That armchair is killing me!:( :( :(

It looks like those chairs fathers would be sitting in and telling fairy-tales to their daughters... which makes me think about Eva not telling Victor about what she had been going through Nathan, and hope that she will do so ASAP!!!!!.

I don't know either. Maybe it has something to do with you being reported....  just my guess

I took it to mean that someone has reported one's posts...

And the admin. of this site, read the post, found the post objectionable, and is giving poster fair warning not to do it again?

As I said the other day. Makes me smile, considering the content of the book. :)

You can get round something's by putting a full stop in between. h.e.l.l. Heeheehee

Who says computers are intelligent? Sometimes they can be more helpless than me!!!!!!!!

I took it to mean that someone has reported one's posts...

And the admin. of this site, read the post, found the post objectionable, and is giving poster fair warning not to do it again?

I guessed the same. As long as it doesn't tamper with my posting I won't be racking my brains over it!!

To me that chair looks like a piece of furniture that has been put out for the trash (kicked to the curb?) the way people do in cities. Lots of people and not just scavengers go around collecting the night before pickup. Might be a lamppost in the background.

I totally agree with you and I honk it possibly alludes to Gideon being swept aside in the family home looked upon as a liar ...

To me that chair looks like a piece of furniture that has been put out for the trash (kicked to the curb?) the way people do in cities. Lots of people and not just scavengers go around collecting the night before pickup. Might be a lamppost in the background.

Or maybe it means Corinne is being kicked to the curb that would be nice!!

Ok. I'll just think about Gideon's arse along - with his other naughty bits (as the English sometimes say). :)

Hello, ladies

In my posting about crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo theory, I stated that "I assume the picture is introduced to us as an amusement, if not a distraction." Sylvia's statement posted by Kirsten above proved that I assumed incorrectly. And I also have to revisit and revise my opinion that "the one that we should focus on is the leading question." Now I know I should give equal attention to both the question and the picture in the daily countdown clues.

Countdown clues Day #10

The picture in countdown clues Day #10 has raised my curiosity. After Day #14, this is the second time we get pictures depicting similar objects in the countdown pictures and snapshots. Snapshot #18 and countdown picture #14 show the same modes of transportation which is airplane. While snapshot #10 and countdown picture #10 are both exposing the same women's accessory, i.e. watch (of different type, though).

The countdown question is "Can you trust everyone around you?" and I consider the word trust as the keyword. Since I've been thinking about resolution chapter for Deanna Johnson, I guess countdown clues Day #10 is closely related to it.

Watch can signify time and as a (freelance) journalist, Deanna should meet deadline in gathering and/or reporting information about Gideon. And Eva somehow decided to "trust" so to speak her (Deanna) in order to protect Gideon. I found keywords in Oscar Night snippet that can support my speculation. Eva told Gideon that "I can handle this one" and I assume she's referring Deanna.

If my yo-yo_yo-you pattern is right, even number represents resolution. Deanna needs her resolution chapter and chapter 10 could possibly coincide with countdown clues Day #10.

Countdown clues Day #9

Picture: a chair

Keywords: (learn from) past mistakes

When I saw the picture, the thing that crossed my mind was therapy sessions. And I remember snapshot #8 depicting some sort of medication. I guess therapy sessions could also be classified as medical treatment because it involves psychological intervention. That's how I try to find the connection between snapshot #8 and countdown clues Day #9.

As for the keywords, I assume it's about Monica. I'm focusing only on the countdown clues and not going to discuss the vortex of Monica [i'm using your term, sscrph. Hope you don't mind *wink*]. I hope resolution chapter 8 would give me answers about Eva's mother.

P.S.: Kirsten, would you please tell me how to re-post posting from another thread? Thank you so much.

P.S.S: It's your fault, Sylvia! The Crossfire series is like preeminent theobromine. I'm cerebrally aroused, emotionally elevated, and dripping in GidEva-mones *Snippet #7 reference*

XOXO

Andie so loved this post and also your use of the VORTEX . I also wonder what you thought about my last post of the COMBUSTION between GidEva. That being said though the absolute best part of your post was the THEOBROMINE reference as I am a pharmacist and it took me back to my college days desperately studying my pharmacology notes into the wee hours like I will be doing on June 4th with EWY!!! :). :)

Andie so loved this post and also your use of the VORTEX . I also wonder what you thought about my last post of the COMBUSTION between GidEva. That being said though the absolute best part of your post was the THEOBROMINE reference as I am a pharmacist and it took me back to my college days desperately studying my pharmacology notes into the wee hours like I will be doing on June 4th with EWY!!! :). :)

Ladies please explain.

Theobromine?

Or maybe it means Corinne is being kicked to the curb that would be nice!!

It could also refer to when Monica was disowned by her family...being kicked to the curb so to speak and of course that is why the money is so important to her and influences every decision she's ever made regarding herself or her daughter ... Her mistakes...

Got it now.

Googled it. Can't beat a bit of chocolate. :)

As Eva said in BTY,  "Every woman has a right to her chocolate quota" .

Hello, ladies

In my posting about crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo theory, I stated that "I assume the picture is introduced to us as an amusement, if not a distraction." Sylvia's statement posted by Kirsten above proved that I assumed incorrectly. And I also have to revisit and revise my opinion that "the one that we should focus on is the leading question." Now I know I should give equal attention to both the question and the picture in the daily countdown clues.

Countdown clues Day #10

The picture in countdown clues Day #10 has raised my curiosity. After Day #14, this is the second time we get pictures depicting similar objects in the countdown pictures and snapshots. Snapshot #18 and countdown picture #14 show the same modes of transportation which is airplane. While snapshot #10 and countdown picture #10 are both exposing the same women's accessory, i.e. watch (of different type, though).

The countdown question is "Can you trust everyone around you?" and I consider the word trust as the keyword. Since I've been thinking about resolution chapter for Deanna Johnson, I guess countdown clues Day #10 is closely related to it.

Watch can signify time and as a (freelance) journalist, Deanna should meet deadline in gathering and/or reporting information about Gideon. And Eva somehow decided to "trust" so to speak her (Deanna) in order to protect Gideon. I found keywords in Oscar Night snippet that can support my speculation. Eva told Gideon that "I can handle this one" and I assume she's referring Deanna.

If my yo-yo_yo-you pattern is right, even number represents resolution. Deanna needs her resolution chapter and chapter 10 could possibly coincide with countdown clues Day #10.

Countdown clues Day #9

Picture: a chair

Keywords: (learn from) past mistakes

When I saw the picture, the thing that crossed my mind was therapy sessions. And I remember snapshot #8 depicting some sort of medication. I guess therapy sessions could also be classified as medical treatment because it involves psychological intervention. That's how I try to find the connection between snapshot #8 and countdown clues Day #9.

As for the keywords, I assume it's about Monica. I'm focusing only on the countdown clues and not going to discuss the vortex of Monica [i'm using your term, sscrph. Hope you don't mind *wink*]. I hope resolution chapter 8 would give me answers about Eva's mother.

P.S.: Kirsten, would you please tell me how to re-post posting from another thread? Thank you so much.

P.S.S: It's your fault, Sylvia! The Crossfire series is like preeminent theobromine. I'm cerebrally aroused, emotionally elevated, and dripping in GidEva-mones *Snippet #7 reference*

XOXO

Interesting connection between the Oscar Night Snippet and the possibility Eva is going to go after Deanna Johnson, because Deanna is after Gideon.

First line of the snippet: “Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bulls***,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

Possibly related text from Entwined Chapter 1:  "I'd be d****** if I would sit back while someone took aim at Gideon. If she was determined to be a threat to him, I was determined to head her off at the pass."

My thoughts: " ... forgotten already ... " refers to a new "deal" they've agreed upon. Gideon and his need to control things, agh! First he'd wanted to lay down the terms of sex-without-expectations deal. Then he agreed to Eva's friends with benefits - but no dating deal. Then it became his boyfriend-girlfriend deal with the absolute condition of sexual monogamy. And so on ...... 

So now they've got a new deal agreeing to be equal partners together now in what happens moving forward. No more keeping Eva in the dark. That was her absolute condition, the "trade" -- she'll protect him (from the police) like he protected her (from Nathan.)

But Eva is taking that beyond the cops gunning for Gideon -- she'll go up against anyone gunning for Gideon. Deanna most certainly is -- and like the cops, Deanna went to Eva, not the other way around (i.e. like Eva went after Gideon's mother and went after Dr. Lucas.)

Snippet wording: “Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

Thoughts: Gideon has either very deliberately cultivated his cool public image -- or -- more recently, deliberately manipulated the media (first with the truth he's serious about Eva then the lie he'd gotten back together with Corrine.) Other than that, Gideon has let most of the gossip just roll off his back. So he'll deal with Deanna like he has with other media - either manipulate or refuse to engage. This also can refer to him bouncing the Deanna matter over to his legal defense team. In any case, he's tried to order Eva to stay out of it (yeah, good luck with ever ordering Eva around again outside of the bedroom, Gideon!)

Snippet wording: “I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

Possibly related text from Entwined Chapter 1:  " .... I intended to keep tabs on (Deanna) ....If Detective Graves hadn't been able to pin anything on Gideon, a nosy freelance reporters wasn't going to do better."

Thoughts: Eva's first reaction to Deanna was to wonder whether Deanna is digging into Nathan's death. But a possible Dr. Lucas connection also occurred to Eva. Whatever it is, Eva is bound to figure it out as part of their new "trade" of her protecting him. Because if a homicide detective can't nail Gideon for something, then maybe a reporter cannot nail him for something either.

Throwing out a theory - what if it's NOT Nathan's death Deanna is looking into, but rather, Gideon's sexual history? That Dr. Lucas is manipulating Deanna behind the scenes, because Gideon broke his (Lucas') wife? Lucas is probably convinced Gideon plans to marry Corrine, and so Lucas wants to break that? Thus far, Eva has been the target of attack by women in Gideon's past (Corrine, Magdalene.) Now that Corrine appears to be on top, wouldn't it be ironic if Corrine is now the one under attack -- from one of Gideon's reject-pile brunettes, Deanna?

I think some of the mistakes of the past are KEEPING SECRETS....if everyone had been honest with Eva about the Nathan threat no one would have had to kill for her and cover it up because she would be aware of her own safety issues just as celebrities are when people stalk them. Also keeping the secret from Victor is a tremendous burden for Eva ... Monica has also had to divulge the SECRET to all of her husbands ...Gideon's family keeping SECRET his abuse or ignoring it entirely ...these are all mistakes from the past...

I think Andie is ODing on the books just like the rest of us CROSSESSED is sooooo appropriate ... And I think overdosing on Gideon is right up there with chocolate!!!

Well we all know what Eva and Gideon did with chocolate in chapter 11. Wink wink :)

Interesting connection between the Oscar Night Snippet and the possibility Eva is going to go after Deanna Johnson, because Deanna is after Gideon.

First line of the snippet: “Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bulls***,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

Possibly related text from Entwined Chapter 1: "I'd be d****** if I would sit back while someone took aim at Gideon. If she was determined to be a threat to him, I was determined to head her off at the pass."

My thoughts: " ... forgotten already ... " refers to a new "deal" they've agreed upon. Gideon and his need to control things, agh! First he'd wanted to lay down the terms of sex-without-expectations deal. Then he agreed to Eva's friends with benefits - but no dating deal. Then it became his boyfriend-girlfriend deal with the absolute condition of sexual monogamy. And so on ......

So now they've got a new deal agreeing to be equal partners together now in what happens moving forward. No more keeping Eva in the dark. That was her absolute condition, the "trade" -- she'll protect him (from the police) like he protected her (from Nathan.)

But Eva is taking that beyond the cops gunning for Gideon -- she'll go up against anyone gunning for Gideon. Deanna most certainly is -- and like the cops, Deanna went to Eva, not the other way around (i.e. like Eva went after Gideon's mother and went after Dr. Lucas.)

Snippet wording: “Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

Thoughts: Gideon has either very deliberately cultivated his cool public image -- or -- more recently, deliberately manipulated the media (first with the truth he's serious about Eva then the lie he'd gotten back together with Corrine.) Other than that, Gideon has let most of the gossip just roll off his back. So he'll deal with Deanna like he has with other media - either manipulate or refuse to engage. This also can refer to him bouncing the Deanna matter over to his legal defense team. In any case, he's tried to order Eva to stay out of it (yeah, good luck with ever ordering Eva around again outside of the bedroom, Gideon!)

Snippet wording: “I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

Possibly related text from Entwined Chapter 1: " .... I intended to keep tabs on (Deanna) ....If Detective Graves hadn't been able to pin anything on Gideon, a nosy freelance reporters wasn't going to do better."

Thoughts: Eva's first reaction to Deanna was to wonder whether Deanna is digging into Nathan's death. But a possible Dr. Lucas connection also occurred to Eva. Whatever it is, Eva is bound to figure it out as part of their new "trade" of her protecting him. Because if a homicide detective can't nail Gideon for something, then maybe a reporter cannot nail him for something either.

Throwing out a theory - what if it's NOT Nathan's death Deanna is looking into, but rather, Gideon's sexual history? That Dr. Lucas is manipulating Deanna behind the scenes, because Gideon broke his (Lucas') wife? Lucas is probably convinced Gideon plans to marry Corrine, and so Lucas wants to break that? Thus far, Eva has been the target of attack by women in Gideon's past (Corrine, Magdalene.) Now that Corrine appears to be on top, wouldn't it be ironic if Corrine is now the one under attack -- from one of Gideon's reject-pile brunettes, Deanna?

If your theory is correct, Lucas has had this burning a hole in his back pocket for a while then. From the way Lucas has tried to warn off Eva several times, he IS gunning for Gideon. Did he genuinely like Eva, and feel sorry for her (I don't think so) or just trying to sabotage their relationship.

So did Lucas set the ball rolling on Gideon or did Deanna already have ammunition on Gideon? Who contacted who?

Well we all know what Eva and Gideon did with chocolate in chapter 11. Wink wink :)

S'mores will never be the same to me!!!!! :) :)

I think some of the mistakes of the past are KEEPING SECRETS....if everyone had been honest with Eva about the Nathan threat no one would have had to kill for her and cover it up because she would be aware of her own safety issues just as celebrities are when people stalk them. Also keeping the secret from Victor is a tremendous burden for Eva ... Monica has also had to divulge the SECRET to all of her husbands ...Gideon's family keeping SECRET his abuse or ignoring it entirely ...these are all mistakes from the past...

Gideon's biggest mistake with Eva was his keeping secrets, shutting her out. Corrine wasn't the true dealbreaker -- Corrine was simply the final straw.

Mistake: The first time Eva walked out on Gideon was because he tried to lie to her about the nightmare she's just witnessed. His reaction to her walking out was to cut her off. But then he learned he's made a mistake ... he hadn't really equated the cutting off with full-fledged breakout, but Eva most certainly had. He'd have lost Eva for good had he not broken down by day four of that break-up and gone running after her.

Change because of it: He arranged for couples therapy plus individual treatment for himself (the latter for the nightmares.) 

Mistake: Gideon demanded in North Carolina that Eva spill her guts about her past history with Brett. But she pushed back "I'm tired of being an open book for you while you hoard all your secrets" .... and when he gave as his excuse "How much s*** can I pile on you before you run like h***" to which she then hit him with "Okay then, we'll just be f*** buddies who b**** to a therapist once a week. Good to know."

Change because of it: He immediately spilled one secret - about his having used Anne Lucas to get revenge against Dr. Lucas for his (Lucas) having come between Gideon and his own family. (Agh, though -- Gideon refused to specify the family part of it.

Mistake: the first time they really talked since Eva ended things, Gideon tried yet again to ask her to trust him. She told him no, because he wouldn't talk to her. Again, he asked her to be patient. She told him no, not any more. Finally, she explained that the only way he'd ever opened to her was sexually. Now that it was gone, his promises were not enough -- because still, she did not have him on the inside. "You never let me in."

Change because of it: finally, out of desperation he started to tell her about what caused his nightmares.

If your theory is correct, Lucas has had this burning a hole in his back pocket for a while then. From the way Lucas has tried to warn off Eva several times, he IS gunning for Gideon. Did he genuinely like Eva, and feel sorry for her (I don't think so) or just trying to sabotage their relationship.

So did Lucas set the ball rolling on Gideon or did Deanna already have ammunition on Gideon? Who contacted who?

I think that Lucas contacted Deanna.

The trigger for Lucas was seeing Gideon with Corrine at that dinner -- what Lucas saw would have led Lucas to believe Gideon's biggest wish had just come true, the woman "who got away" had come back. Then Lucas (and the rest of the world) saw that Gideon and Corrine had "gotten back together."

Lucas must have honestly believed that Gideon did use Eva for the sole purpose of making Corrine jealous enough to come back to him. Counting on the fact that Eva would figure this out and possibly be willing to be used against Gideon is what, I think, made Lucas sic Deanna on Eva.

Gideon's biggest mistake with Eva was his keeping secrets, shutting her out. Corrine wasn't the true dealbreaker -- Corrine was simply the final straw.

Mistake: The first time Eva walked out on Gideon was because he tried to lie to her about the nightmare she's just witnessed. His reaction to her walking out was to cut her off. But then he learned he's made a mistake ... he hadn't really equated the cutting off with full-fledged breakout, but Eva most certainly had. He'd have lost Eva for good had he not broken down by day four of that break-up and gone running after her.

Change because of it: He arranged for couples therapy plus individual treatment for himself (the latter for the nightmares.)

Mistake: Gideon demanded in North Carolina that Eva spill her guts about her past history with Brett. But she pushed back "I'm tired of being an open book for you while you hoard all your secrets" .... and when he gave as his excuse "How much s*** can I pile on you before you run like h***" to which she then hit him with "Okay then, we'll just be f*** buddies who b**** to a therapist once a week. Good to know."

Change because of it: He immediately spilled one secret - about his having used Anne Lucas to get revenge against Dr. Lucas for his (Lucas) having come between Gideon and his own family. (Agh, though -- Gideon refused to specify the family part of it.

Mistake: the first time they really talked since Eva ended things, Gideon tried yet again to ask her to trust him. She told him no, because he wouldn't talk to her. Again, he asked her to be patient. She told him no, not any more. Finally, she explained that the only way he'd ever opened to her was sexually. Now that it was gone, his promises were not enough -- because still, she did not have him on the inside. "You never let me in."

Change because of it: finally, out of desperation he started to tell her about what caused his nightmares.

Eva is chipping away at Gideon. He is learning slowly about his relationship with Eva.

He has never confided in anyone all his life, now this woman enters his world, turns it on its head, demanding answers to secrets he feels uncomfortable revealing. I think any man would have a problem revealing they were raped, regardless of age.

He also feels she has enough baggage of her own to contend with, without adding more to her burdened shoulders.