SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I have a question about one of my all time favorite scenes--the airplane ride to the Caribbean. 

When Gideon was introducing Eva to the cuffs he told her to close her eyes and use your safeword before you open you eyes if you have to.

Then he said "Let's be very clear about this, Eva.  Your safeword isn't for me It's for you.  All you have to say to me is no or stop, but just like wearing the cuffs makes you feel bound, saying your safeword will put your mind in the right place.  Do you understand?' 

Where is the right place he wants her mind that means no?  Just curious.

Hi Sharonm

I guess it's the place in her mind where Eva feels safe enough and confident enough to allow him to do anything to her. The place where she's not submissive any more (as she was with Nathan), and where she can enjoy a much more subtle way of being in controll!!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, we dabble with the theory that Eva could be abducted.

If this was the case, wouldn't it be good if that part of the story was told from Gideons POV. Could you imagine the turmoil and devastation he would go through. To actually get inside his head, knowing his thoughts and learning about his pain firsthand.We have all been through the wringer with our lovers, following their journey, with all the angst and heartbreak. This would take it up a notch.

Are we really up to more painful drama though?

I'd rather know his POV on his happy moments with Eva!!!!! lol

I've got this vision of somewhere in the first few chapters of Book Four, the sensational news breaking "Gideon Cross Marries Eva Trammell In Private Ceremony On A Caribbean Beach!!!!" Exclusive photos from freelance journalist Deanna Johnson!!!!! 

Thus the December wedding is going to be a moot point. The only reason Eva wanted to keep up a front We're-Engaged is to appease Mommica and head off her (Monica) pitching one of her emotional tantrums over the fact her daughter up and eloped. Eva's still regressing sometimes when it comes to knee-jerk appeasing of her mother, but fortunately, New Eva is learning how to stand up to Monica.

Think about what Gideon and Eva talked about in Chapter 8, once they both figured out that part of Deanna's evil idea to paint Gideon as a violent crazy was going to involve painting Eva as a s.l.u.t caught in bed with two men (a lie) and caught in the arms of Brett Kline (true). Eva pointed out that Crisis Management 101 would be for Gideon to defuse a brewing scandal by distancing himself from Eva. Gideon's counterpoint to that was to point out the other option would be to marry Eva.

So now as Book Four opens:

• Eva and Cary are supposed to go to San Diego for the weekend.
  • Brett's scheduled to be in concert in San Diego that weekend.
  • Gideon is still scrambling to defuse the sex tape situation.

Show the world proof Eva is everything in his eyes (so even if the worst happens with that tape, it won't matter in the end)  -- and -- make Brett once and for all give up on trying to woo Eva? Let the story "slip" that she's Mrs. Gideon Cross. Kills two birds with one stone.

It'd come full circle from that first thing he did the day they became a full-fledged couple: arranged for a paparazzi "candid" picture of them kissing followed by a news release from Cross Industries identifying Eva by name as a socialite who definitely is his significant other. Think about how he deliberately manipulated the media too, for his own ends (desperate ones in this case) to make everyone believe he'd dumped Eva for Corrine.

I can see this happening but don't you think she (Eva) wants to have her dad give her away?  I think about that being more important to Eva than Monica having her wedding planning moment.  However, leaking the wedding to Deanna will kill several birds with one stone, Brett, Corinne, Elizabeth, Jr. and Deanna (not necessarily in the order of importance).  If this happens in Book 4 I wonder what the plans will be for Book 5; maybe that is the "final healing" book so to speak where everyone gets all their issues resolved. 

Hello everyone, hope you are all ok and re-re-re- re reading EWY as I am...

sorry I did not write for a few days, life is a bit hectic at the moment, but EWY is on my bedside table and I read some every night, no matter what else I am reading the last bit before I sleep is from Sylvia...

I love the leaking the wedding to Deanna scenario! Hope it plays out that way... I would love the last two books with not much drama, at least the last one and I can't take even a single day of separation for our couple after all the days we had in RIY.

I am sooo looking forward to reading the 4th, hope we will have some good news soon!

I think Tatiana would go for a hair grab and then Eva would knock her OUT. No where near the belly of course but hey being pregnant does not give you a free pass to get physical with someone and have them take it like its all good.

Tatiana would probably give Cary an ultimatum.

I loved the Crossfire lobby scene where Corrine stalker had managed to bug him enough to make him come down to the lobby in order to deal with her. In walks Eva, coming back from grabbing lunch, seeing Corrine with a hand on Gideon's chest. Then and there, Eva entertained thoughts of yanking her away from him by grabbing Corrine's stunning waist-length hair.

BUT THEN ....

Gideon turned to look at Eva there, Corrine turned to see who he was looking at ... and spotting Eva there, tried yet another one of her stunts by grabbing Gideon's jaw and moving to try to kiss his mouth. Eva actually took one step toward the pair of them, seriously considering a hair grab.

Fortunately, Gideon instantly physically fended off Corrine, so Eva had no need to disentangle her from him. And as she walked away, she discovered no more was she hit with panic -- like the sick feeling she'd had the night of the Fundraiser Fiasco, when Corrine was touching Gideon, and even worse, the Nooner Stunt.

I loved the Crossfire lobby scene where Corrine stalker had managed to bug him enough to make him come down to the lobby in order to deal with her. In walks Eva, coming back from grabbing lunch, seeing Corrine with a hand on Gideon's chest. Then and there, Eva entertained thoughts of yanking her away from him by grabbing Corrine's stunning waist-length hair.

BUT THEN ....

Gideon turned to look at Eva there, Corrine turned to see who he was looking at ... and spotting Eva there, tried yet another one of her stunts by grabbing Gideon's jaw and moving to try to kiss his mouth. Eva actually took one step toward the pair of them, seriously considering a hair grab.

Fortunately, Gideon instantly physically fended off Corrine, so Eva had no need to disentangle her from him. And as she walked away, she discovered no more was she hit with panic -- like the sick feeling she'd had the night of the Fundraiser Fiasco, when Corrine was touching Gideon, and even worse, the Nooner Stunt.

I loved that! I wish she would have grabbed her hair and be all like "listen b****, try to kiss my man one more time and you'll see"!!

I was very proud of Eva because she was finally at a point in her relationship where threats like that don't make her go into full panic mode!

I loved that! I wish she would have grabbed her hair and be all like "listen b****, try to kiss my man one more time and you'll see"!!

I was very proud of Eva because she was finally at a point in her relationship where threats like that don't make her go into full panic mode!

All things considered, too, Eva was really smart to keep a leash on her temper and her hands off Corrine -- because a scene in that crowded lobby with lots of witnesses plus security cameras -- could have created legal peril (at the time it still wasn't safe for Gideon and Eva to be seen together).

What's worse, it could have also created a tabloid scandal. Someone would have gotten cell phone pictures and video of Corrine Giroux and Eva Trammell literally fighting over Gideon Cross - imagine that going viral over the Internet. It could have easily been an especially spectacular mess, because Corrine was now literally crazy and so who knows how postal she would have gone.

Are we really up to more painful drama though?

I'd rather know his POV on his happy moments with Eva!!!!! lol

Hi Gabri

I would love some happy moments with Eva from Gideons POV. I don't think a romance book has been from a guys view. At last women hearing how men actually felt!! How novel.

That scene she did with Gideon for new year was brilliant.

Perhaps a request again to Sylvia.

Fingers crossed(pun intended)

:)

All things considered, too, Eva was really smart to keep a leash on her temper and her hands off Corrine -- because a scene in that crowded lobby with lots of witnesses plus security cameras -- could have created legal peril (at the time it still wasn't safe for Gideon and Eva to be seen together).

What's worse, it could have also created a tabloid scandal. Someone would have gotten cell phone pictures and video of Corrine Giroux and Eva Trammell literally fighting over Gideon Cross - imagine that going viral over the Internet. It could have easily been an especially spectacular mess, because Corrine was now literally crazy and so who knows how postal she would have gone.

I know!! It would've been tabloid gold. The new Eva is like a breath of fresh air to be honest.

Don't you think it was ironic, that day or two later, the same thing happened in reverse. Both of them were able to keep a lid on their jealousy. They have come a long way in their journey. Eva taking a step back(or forward in this case)before acting. Even when Gideon approached her on the 10th floor, she said she would rather make love, than talk about Corinne. Wouldn't we all!!

Byeeeeeeeeeee Tat. So long. Farewell. Ciao baby. Don't slam the door behind you!

I seem to be off in most of my guesses. Another area I was off was at some point earlier in the book, I thought maybe Tatiana was going to be and was being portrayed as kind of a good guy. She did at least 3 nice things: she rushed right to Cary when she got back from Prague when she heard about his beating. She wore the naughty nurse outfit to cheer him up - which showed her understanding of him, and she did say take care of him for me when she was leaving. I also figured she had to be cut a little slack because what woman wouldn't have been a little jealous of Eva's relationship with Cary and more than a little suspicious of it? Some of the tabloids were speculating about a relationship between them as well - that Cary was Eva's bit of side action, or however they put it. I know also she did give Gideon a come on smile when she met him, but honestly, what woman wouldn't? Oh and also the nice robe comment later.

Then suddenly, to me anyway, she is a real bit*ch in Entwined. I was surprised and wondered if Sylvia had also changed her mind about her and needed her to take a different role in the plot.

Signed, Clueless

I seem to be off in most of my guesses. Another area I was off was at some point earlier in the book, I thought maybe Tatiana was going to be and was being portrayed as kind of a good guy. She did at least 3 nice things: she rushed right to Cary when she got back from Prague when she heard about his beating. She wore the naughty nurse outfit to cheer him up - which showed her understanding of him, and she did say take care of him for me when she was leaving. I also figured she had to be cut a little slack because what woman wouldn't have been a little jealous of Eva's relationship with Cary and more than a little suspicious of it? Some of the tabloids were speculating about a relationship between them as well - that Cary was Eva's bit of side action, or however they put it. I know also she did give Gideon a come on smile when she met him, but honestly, what woman wouldn't? Oh and also the nice robe comment later.

Then suddenly, to me anyway, she is a real bit*ch in Entwined. I was surprised and wondered if Sylvia had also changed her mind about her and needed her to take a different role in the plot.

Signed, Clueless

I think we are all wondering why Tat has suddenly become queen of the b*tches. Is this part of Sylvia's master plan with the Russians?

Eva tolerated her for Carys benefit, but now she wants to slam dunk her!

Signed Clueless too!

Hi Gabri

I would love some happy moments with Eva from Gideons POV. I don't think a romance book has been from a guys view. At last women hearing how men actually felt!! How novel.

That scene she did with Gideon for new year was brilliant.

Perhaps a request again to Sylvia.

Fingers crossed(pun intended)

:)

Yes, it was brilliant indeed!!!

I loved the change in perspective, and it made me even more eager to read 'his' Crossfire series.

Signed, Clueless

I was surprised too. I never got that vibe from her in the previous books. Her attitude towards Eva surprised me because doesn't she know she's also sharing Cary with Trey? You would think she would have that attitude more towards him if she ever does meet him

Signed, Clueless

Snark alert:

Tatiana might actually believe Gideon really is what some people suspect he is -- a billionaire playboy. One who used to be famous for a fetish for willowy brunettes but has recently had tried a taste of curvy blonde. Tat could give him the best of both -- tall and blonde. She'd like a shot at being his Friend With Benefits. 

Well, at least she's willing to be upfront about the fact she (supposedly) is with child. Unlike Mrs. Giroux.

Seriously, though -- I'll bet she's combined the tabloid coverage of Gideon's love life over the summer: Magdalene! Eva! Corrine! combined with dragging enough pillow talk out of Cary to gather that Eva's relationship has been off-again-on-again with Gideon (and in a way, that is true.) Throw Brett into the mix, and Tat might be deluding herself into thinking GidEva might be "off" again any time now. Cary's not going to mind if she's sleeping with two people -- who's he to criticize that. So Tat made absolutely certain Gideon got a look at the whole Tatiana package without any clothes on.

Thank goodness Eva is probably going to be moving any day now. She and Cary will still be close, literally and figuratively, but they'll no longer be roommates. So Eva doesn't have to worry about Tatiana wandering around her (Eva's) place.

I was surprised too. I never got that vibe from her in the previous books. Her attitude towards Eva surprised me because doesn't she know she's also sharing Cary with Trey? You would think she would have that attitude more towards him if she ever does meet him

She's jealous of Eva, though not in the straight forward sexual jealousy that Eva might take Cary away. Tat knows that's never going to happen -- and thus Eva has a power over Cary that Tat will never have. Even Trey envies the easiness that exists between Cary and Eva. Trey told Eva as much. Eva advised him to be patient with Cary, explaining it took a long time for her (Eva) to earn Cary's trust.

She probably envies, too, that Eva is glamorous in a different way than her (Tat) -- Eva is a classy lady, a socialite, one who moves in philanthropy circles. No wonder Tat wants to try to help Deanna tarnish Eva as a s.l.u.t. (if Tatiana is, in fact, one of Deanna's sources, and some members have made pretty good arguments that the Tat situation is fishy.)

And what woman wouldn't be jealous of any woman currently Gideon's girlfriend (Hah!! If she only knew Eva's true status.)

I can see this happening but don't you think she (Eva) wants to have her dad give her away?  I think about that being more important to Eva than Monica having her wedding planning moment.  However, leaking the wedding to Deanna will kill several birds with one stone, Brett, Corinne, Elizabeth, Jr. and Deanna (not necessarily in the order of importance).  If this happens in Book 4 I wonder what the plans will be for Book 5; maybe that is the "final healing" book so to speak where everyone gets all their issues resolved. 

Perhaps it might be best for Corrine to find out the truth -- Gideon already was married to Eva even before Corrine swallowed that bottle of pills -- while Corrine is still hospitalized. She'll find out anyway, so maybe it's best she do so while she's locked up for her own safety. Because whether it was a desperate gesture to get Gideon's attention or genuine "nervous breakdown" engineered by Dr. Anne Lucas, Corrine is a danger to herself at present.

She's jealous of Eva, though not in the straight forward sexual jealousy that Eva might take Cary away. Tat knows that's never going to happen -- and thus Eva has a power over Cary that Tat will never have. Even Trey envies the easiness that exists between Cary and Eva. Trey told Eva as much. Eva advised him to be patient with Cary, explaining it took a long time for her (Eva) to earn Cary's trust.

She probably envies, too, that Eva is glamorous in a different way than her (Tat) -- Eva is a classy lady, a socialite, one who moves in philanthropy circles. No wonder Tat wants to try to help Deanna tarnish Eva as a s.l.u.t. (if Tatiana is, in fact, one of Deanna's sources, and some members have made pretty good arguments that the Tat situation is fishy.)

And what woman wouldn't be jealous of any woman currently Gideon's girlfriend (Hah!! If she only knew Eva's true status.)

You're right she does have more power over Cary and that could be where the jealousy stems from.

I believe Tatiana is one of her sources and if that is something that Eva finds out in book 4 along with the baby not being Cary's then that's a good way of Tatiana exiting the picture.

I'm thinking, that Gideon and Evas wedding will appear early in book 4 as LN stated, fending off the exes, letting everyone know that Eva is Gideons.

But that they will renew their vows to each other in front of family and friends. Also, so Victor can give his daughters hand officially to Gideon.

Monica can go whistle. :)