SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvia said that book 4 will still be in Eva's POV but she is starting to see more from Gideon's side.  She expects Gideon's will be heard from in book 5.

I asked her if we are going to hear what Deanna said to Gideon my only response was a smile and "she doesn't know."  I asked if we will find out what Angus said to Gideon at the wedding again she said she didn't know.

I asked if the 10th floor was Eva's new office and she was actually surprised by that question.  She hadn't really thought about it so I don't think she was going there at the time she wrote that scene but she said we'll see what happens.  I'm guessing she doesn't get the 10th floor in book 4.

Sylvia said that book 4 will still be in Eva's POV but she is starting to see more from Gideon's side.  She expects Gideon's will be heard from in book 5.

I asked her if we are going to hear what Deanna said to Gideon my only response was a smile and "she doesn't know."  I asked if we will find out what Angus said to Gideon at the wedding again she said she didn't know.

I asked if the 10th floor was Eva's new office and she was actually surprised by that question.  She hadn't really thought about it so I don't think she was going there at the time she wrote that scene but she said we'll see what happens.  I'm guessing she doesn't get the 10th floor in book 4.

Huh! We know something Sylvia doesn't.

No details on who goes or what is involves I suppose??

:)

No that would be a spoiler.  I'm interested in what Kristen found out.  She had the opportunity to hear the various questions fans asked as Sylvia signed books.  I found Sylvia was more forthcoming one-on-one but there were only so many questions one person could ask while she was signing the books.

No that would be a spoiler.  I'm interested in what Kristen found out.  She had the opportunity to hear the various questions fans asked as Sylvia signed books.  I found Sylvia was more forthcoming one-on-one but there were only so many questions one person could ask while she was signing the books.

Thats true thank you so much you are the best!!!  I am just sitting here waiting for updates how sad am I...!!!  :)

Thats true thank you so much you are the best!!!  I am just sitting here waiting for updates how sad am I...!!!   :)

I forgot to tell you that question I had asked you to see if you could ask about prenup she finally did answer me on twitter!! Below is what she said.  :)

@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??

Expand 

@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes. :)

I forgot to tell you that question I had asked you to see if you could ask about prenup she finally did answer me on twitter!! Below is what she said.  :)

Barbara Murray â€@luvmcdreamy24 Jun

@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??

Expand 

Sylvia Day ~ Author â€@SylDay25 Jun

Expand 

I don't know how to tweet!

Oh I forgot.  When we were talking about Gideon she mentioned that his name literally means "He who slays his enemies."  She thinks that is very appropriate for the way Gideon handles things. 

Sylvia also talked about the Crossfire babies.  The woman sitting next to me at the Day after Dark event said she was pregnant after trying for sometime.  She said she read "all the good parts" to her husband and now she is finally having a baby.  Sylvia said she's heard a lot of those stories including Jill Redfield.  Her husband is her manager and they worked on the audio book together.  I guess they were inspired by the reading.    happy-love-heart-smiley-emoticon.gif

I forgot to tell you that question I had asked you to see if you could ask about prenup she finally did answer me on twitter!! Below is what she said.   :)

Expand 

I saw this but asked her anyway.  She believes it was so a little confirmation.

Kristen will have a lot more information since she was working the event and sitting with Sylvia but I'll pass on what I have.

My two favorite topics are Brett & Corinne so I'll start there.

When I asked about Corinne (I tried to rephrase my question a couple times) regarding how soon in book 4 she would hang around. Sylvia said that was a spoiler questions. However, the way she said it and her facial expression makes me think we haven't seen the last of Corinne, especially since we are going deeper into Gideon's story.

Brett again not too much information because the question was a spoiler but she did tell me that Eva is toying with fire a little. This is because there is a tug of ware happening within her. She is confused about what she sees as a complete 180 with Brett. Brett played a big part in messing with her self-esteem issues and her self-esteem was already severely damaged by the abuse. (I didn't get this part verbatim but almost) Eva is still playing with her former need to self destruction and this self destruction need to end. She has to put it to rest and that will happen via Brett.

When I read this bit about Eva and Brett my heart sank a little. I thought oh no she's going to cheat. But the more I think about it, I just don't think she will. As a reader I personally would lose a lot of respect for Eva if she were to cheat but more than that I think all of her reactions to cheating when her parents hooked up suggest it is not something she would do.

I think Eva is enjoying the attention from Brett, something she desperately wanted all those years ago, and she's not stopping to think how much a continuing relationship with him will hurt Gideon. There is also probably a subconscious desire to punish him for the ongoing Corinne situation. I also don't think she's thinking about Brett's feelings while she continues to send him mixed signals - I'm not sure she consciously realises thats what she is doing.

I think in SD Brett is going to come on too strong and Eva having the strength to say no (something she was never been able to say to Brett before) will be the self-confidence boost she needs to overcome her self esteem issues.

I asked her about this forum and told her the women on here are great and fun to talk to.  She agrees.  She said she can't really come on very much because she doesn't want comments about future events to impact her writing because the story might not go where it should go but she likes reading comments after a book is release.

I had my Entwined book with me on Friday which has all my tabs that mark what I think correspond to the pictures and some of my favorite quotes.  She said she loves seeing books marked like that.  I told her we pick the books apart and study them like an assignment.  She laughed.  

When I read this bit about Eva and Brett my heart sank a little. I thought oh no she's going to cheat. But the more I think about it, I just don't think she will. As a reader I personally would lose a lot of respect for Eva if she were to cheat but more than that I think all of her reactions to cheating when her parents hooked up suggest it is not something she would do.

I think Eva is enjoying the attention from Brett, something she desperately wanted all those years ago, and she's not stopping to think how much a continuing relationship with him will hurt Gideon. There is also probably a subconscious desire to punish him for the ongoing Corinne situation. I also don't think she's thinking about Brett's feelings while she continues to send him mixed signals - I'm not sure she consciously realises thats what she is doing.

I think in SD Brett is going to come on too strong and Eva having the strength to say no (something she was never been able to say to Brett before) will be the self-confidence boost she needs to overcome her self esteem issues.

What I took from Sylvia is that Gideon & Eva are solid...cheating will not happen.

Edited by Sharonm745

I have to agree with you. Twice now Eva has bought up the subject of cheating. Once in Reflected after the Corinne episode, outside the Crossfire. Then again, with her parents hook up. She hates the idea. Her feelings for Brett are unfinished business, which I think like you, she will put this part of her life to bed. No pun intended. Edited by julie54

OMG Sharon!!! All this info is making me crazy!!!!! I was patiently waiting for CBY but now... I cant freaking wait!!!!!!!!!! 

The fact that she said Monica's story is BIG has my mind going in all different directions... and we might hear from Gideon in book 5?!?

Excuse me while I go faint...

We need to take bets on Monica secret.

I'll get the smelling salts for you!

I'm having a hard time reading my notes.  I should have transcribed them when I returned to the hotel on Friday but I went out with a couple ladies and had a few drinks in downtown Kissimmee.  As often as I go to Orlando/Kissimmee I've never been downtown.  Some interesting little bars & restaurants. 

Sylvia talked about the problems with the release of Entwined and how bad she felt about that.  She said that will never happen again.  Apparently the publisher was trying to appease the vendors many were upset because the prior books were released in the e-version first.  Vendors were unhappy because they felt they lost a lot of paper sales.  The publisher thought changing the date to June would make the vendors happy because June is a slow month for books.  What actually happened was Walmart cancelled their order and Target reduced the order for Entwined.  She said they had to eat crow because the book is so popular Target sold out and had to reorder and Walmart had to get books on their shelves because fans were asking for them.