SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Gideon was relating his abuse to Eva, at the end of Reflected, he said he was left alone with him(Hugh) more and more. Where was Chris? I thought they were having treatment together, while the shrink saw Lizzy. Why was Gideon having therapy without an adult being present? Is it normal ?

Gideon and Chris did have joint counselling at some point, but I'm sure Hugh devised ways and means to have more and more time alone with Gideon, which only made sense as Gideon was the much more troubled sibling (Chris was only imitating his older step-brother, for he had figured out Gideon's behaviour got everybody's attention).My guess is that Hugh swore everybody he would only Gideon ..... and he ended up being the adult who should have taken care of Gideon's emotional health because his supervisor was so focused on Lizzie and her own issues that she didn't have time for another little patient and therefore she allowed Hugh

Going back a page or two . . . I don't think a sex tape showing "Golden" and Brett would hurt the band at all.  In fact, I think it would be great for album sales.

But Sam might have approached Christopher about the tape.  Christopher has the most to gain (other than Sam and money) from release of the tape.  He'd love to hurt Gideon and I'm sure he knows how jealous and possessive Gideon can be, even if he's not (known to be) with Eva at the moment.

I suspect Brett knows about the existence of the footage, though.  It seems a little odd that Sam would have been videotaping Brett for years - and using some of that footage to create a music video - without Brett having any knowledge of that.  Why wouldn't Brett have been suspicious that Sam somehow created a music video out of something personal that happened to Brett in private?  It must have been like watching his memories and fantasies coming to life.

I would hope that Brett doesn't know Sam is hoping to sell the tape.  I don't think Day has written Brett as that evil/callous . . .

Hi Julie

I've just back in after my date with Superman, and you should see my face!!!! You would be proud of me!!!!I :blush: I really loved the movie, the cast, the score, and of course Henry. All these biceps and abs are really something, but his eyes... his eyes are from another world indeed!! I even found myself crying when he's holding Lois in his arms and they kiss ..... I could almost feel his intense look on her.... I bet Amy Adams must have had a h e l l of a time!!!!.  

One thing did bother me, my Henry was dubbed and I missed his wonderfully sinful voice. I'm going to buy the DVD as soon as it's released!!!

You'll find me on fb as Gabri Canova. My avatar is the same, for the time being (Black roses)

What a Saturday!!!! I can die a happy death now.

I also just went and saw the movie this afternoon, but I was able to hear his voice.  He is so Gideon!!!  :)

I send you a FB friend request also from Barbara  :)

Gideon and Chris did have joint counselling at some point, but I'm sure Hugh devised ways and means to have more and more time alone with Gideon, which only made sense as Gideon was the much more troubled sibling (Chris was only imitating his older step-brother, for he had figured out Gideon's behaviour got everybody's attention).My guess is that Hugh swore everybody he would only Gideon ..... and he ended up being the adult who should have taken care of Gideon's emotional health because his supervisor was so focused on Lizzie and her own issues that she didn't have time for another little patient and therefore she allowed Hugh

she allowed Hugh to do what he wanted.

I also just went and saw the movie this afternoon, but I was able to hear his voice.  He is so Gideon!!!   :)

I send you a FB friend request also from Barbara   :)

Thank you, I added you as well!! :D

Just listening to Reflected and this popped out .....

Chapter 5 - Eva specaking to her Dad while she is in Vegas telling him that things with G are serious.  Then it goes on to say about her Dad finding Dr Travis to help her with her self-destructive behavior.   

"He (Dad) especially had trouble with a lead singer for whom I'd been little more than a groupie .... "

That being said I dont think Dad is going to happy that she is meeting Brett in SD.  Too bad G doesn't know he definitely wouldn't worry.  But then I think he will be SD too :) telling Dad they are married !!1

I'm also on FB. I'm under Donna Nicholson D'Antonio

That is great I will send you a friend request and after you accept I can send suggestion on some of the other ladies that have friended each other...Julie54, gabri, Sheens263, insideofclouds   :)

Just listening to Reflected and this popped out .....

Chapter 5 - Eva specaking to her Dad while she is in Vegas telling him that things with G are serious.  Then it goes on to say about her Dad finding Dr Travis to help her with her self-destructive behavior.   

"He (Dad) especially had trouble with a lead singer for whom I'd been little more than a groupie .... "

That being said I dont think Dad is going to happy that she is meeting Brett in SD.  Too bad G doesn't know he definitely wouldn't worry.  But then I think he will be SD too :) telling Dad they are married !!1

That is a great observation and does take some of the worry away!!!  :)

I'm also on FB. I'm under Donna Nicholson D'Antonio

That is great I will send you a friend request and after you accept I can send suggestion on some of the other ladies that have friended each other...Julie54, gabri, Sheens263, insideofclouds   :)

Having problems what does your profile pic on facebook that way will help me.  If I can't find you then I will send you the link to mine.

:)

Hi Mam2e, 

You are correct.  I haven't ever been pregnant so I wouldn't know.  I simply based my speculation on my many Aunts and friends who had children.  Each and every single one of them had the worst morning sickness and pregnancy side effects that could be imagined. 

I just thought of something.  How could Corinne not have known, wouldn't she have noticed that she wasn't getting her menstrual cycle?  Wouldn't a woman notice that she is missing her monthly cycle?  At the end of the day, you are correct.  Each pregnancy is different and some people may not notice immediately (four months just seems like a long time not to notice, but who knows?).  :) 

I was just wondering, when does the baby start moving around?

Morning GiGi

It's possible to get your period while pregnant initially ,it maybe less than normal but some ladies do and if you have no previous experience or expectation you can explain the symptoms away.All I was saying is that it's not outside of the realm of possibility that Corinne didn't know she was pregnant ,but given how Corinne has behaved in the past and how manipulative she's been I have to say Its difficult to think she didn't.She really is mentally unwell if she'd risk the life of her own child and swallow pills for one man even if that man is Gideon.

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the possible scenarios and theories that everyone has posted and I was wondering how everyone would feel about creating a working theory model (a theory that would take into account as many possibilities or explanations as possible).  Everyone can add as much or as little.  Everyone can suggest theories or explanations for questions that may have been posted.  People can feel free to add questions to the working theory. 

There have been forum members who have suggested that Monica/Clancy may have been responsible for covering up Nathan’s murder.  With that thought in mind; I had a few questions myself:

• We know for sure that Gideon killed Nathan because Sylvia told us….but what she hasn’t revealed is how the scenario played out.
  • We know for sure that there were 10 days between Nathan attempting to blackmail Gideon, Monica and Stanton and him winding up dead.
  • We know for sure that Nathan was murdered.
  • We know for sure that Monica has a penchant for bugging and having her daughter tracked/trailed (i.e. through security guards, a bugging device in her compact mirror and her watch).

What we don’t for sure or could it be:

• Could Monica have had Gideon tailed to monitor his movements?
  • Could Monica have been planning Nathan’s murder but Gideon beat him to the punch?
  • Could Monica have arrived after Gideon murdered Nathan and therefore would not have needed to pay off his blackmail demands or wouldn’t need to kill Nathan because he was already dead?

What we also know for sure about Monica is:

• Monica is absolutely thrilled about Gideon and Eva’s relationship.  She has been counseling her daughter about how to keep a relationship with a man like Gideon.
  • Monica has done everything in her power to ensure that Eva’s “social reputation†has remained intact.
  • Money has always been very important to a woman like Monica.

So:

• Could Monica be responsible for the “cover-up†of Nathan’s murder because she realizes how much Gideon had risked for her daughter?

The only questions I keep coming back to are:

• If each of these characters worked independently of one another then how did everything happen on that one particular day?
  • Why did everyone: Monica, Gideon and Stanton choose that day to pay off the blackmail demands and kill Nathan?

I have given one scenario for Monica and questions which I cannot account for.  Everyone feel free to jump in and add or delete as you wish.  If you don’t think that a question is relevant please explain your reasoning so everyone can follow along. 

Ok, everyone feel free to jump in and add or detract. :)

Fabulous idea GiGi ,should help keep things interesting while we wait for CBY.

When Gideon was relating his abuse to Eva, at the end of Reflected, he said he was left alone with him(Hugh) more and more. Where was Chris? I thought they were having treatment together, while the shrink saw Lizzy. Why was Gideon having therapy without an adult being present? Is it normal ?

Morning Julie

It's possible that Hugh said he needed to see Gideon for individual therapy because he was so troubled and that he couldn't reach him with others there.Tis normal for therapists to see kids one on one .I do wish that Elizabeth had at the very least put up a hidden camera where they had sessions after Gideon told her what was being done to him .

Ok. We. Need something to discuss.

Reading Bared again. I came across Gideons reply to Eva, when talking about Magdalene and Chris at the garden party.

Gideon says "It's hard to see yourself being used that way. Especially by someone you think you know, someone who's supposed to care about you."

Eva thought is what exactly had been done to him? Page 300

Any thoughts on who or what he might be referring to?

I don't know...This statement by Gideon has always puzzled me; there is definitely more to the story...

I was walking by a jewelry shop the other day staring at the engagement rings in the window, when it struck me how sweet the whole engagement ring thing was in the book. 

Gideon gave Eva his mom's ring which I would imagine he'd had for some time as part of his inheritance. Or, regardless of when took possession of it, he probably would have had access to it since he was 18, if not sooner.

Yet, when talking about Corrine, he said that he went into one jewelry store and picked out a random engagement ring that looks like her mom's. Gideon didn't give Corinne his mom's ring. Even at that age, still messed up inside his head, and however grateful he was for her love, he knew she didn't deserve his family heirloom. so sweet...

Not sure if anyone brought that up before in this forum, but ring connection just hit me, and it was yet more proof of how special Eva is to him. it made me smile. :)

I agree! Wonder how he got the ring? He can buy Eva any diamond ring on the planet, but he gave that one. He IS a romantic! So swee.

I am in the group that says Sylvia has ruined us. I too have reread... over and over. Now I'm listening to Audio of EWY. Have to giggle because the female reader doing Gideon's voice doesn't do it for me. In this whole crossfire journey, that's the only thing I wish diff. A male saying Gideon's lines. LoL

Hi guys,

People keep saying that Brett must know about the sex tape as the Golden video was based on the footage available of Eva.

If I remember correctly the Golden video acted out the lyrics, it was a visual representation of the song. The fact that there was sex tape available of these activities is because the song is a true story.

Therefore I think we are being a bit quick to assume Brett knew about the sex tape or to say he must have because of the similarity between videos.

The song came first, then the music video - a visual representation of the lyrics, as they often are, then a sex tape using real footage as the song is based in fact. That doesn't make Brett guilty of anything except writing a song and making a music video. An insensitive music video yes, but Eva didn't seem to have a problem witj the whole world knowing her business through the lyrics of the song..

Hello Ms. Rogue,

You are absolutely correct in your statement.  The video for Golden was based on the lyrics of the song.  I am not crucifying Brett based on the video.  I am lambasting that Horn dog Extraordinaire for his filthy mouth (i.e. the way he has spoken to Eva in the past) and his less than honourable actions.

You are correct.  I will not crucify a man for something he may or may not have done.  I will withhold judgment on that transgression.  I will however wash that boy’s mouth out with soap for how he has been conducting himself thus far. :D 

Now someone be a dear please and get me that bar of SOAP!!! :D  :D  :D 

DISCLAIMER:  I am in an exceptionally good mood today, with a hint of being oh so cheeky!  So my comments must be read with a grain of salt!  Have a fabulous Day!  :D

Hello Ms. Rogue,

You are absolutely correct in your statement.  The video for Golden was based on the lyrics of the song.  I am not crucifying Brett based on the video.  I am lambasting that Horn dog Extraordinaire for his filthy mouth (i.e. the way he has spoken to Eva in the past) and his less than honourable actions.

You are correct.  I will not crucify a man for something he may or may not have done.  I will withhold judgment on that transgression.  I will however wash that boy’s mouth out with soap for how he has been conducting himself thus far. :D 

Now someone be a dear please and get me that bar of SOAP!!! :D  :D  :D 

DISCLAIMER:  I am in an exceptionally good mood today, with a hint of being oh so cheeky!  So my comments must be read with a grain of salt!  Have a fabulous Day!  :D

Bwahahahaha @ horn dog extraordinaire

HI Gigi,

I'm gonna say no to Brett as the leaker - needs to have plausible deniability.  Sam is my #1 choice but as an anonymous tip, no blow back to the band itself.  JR may have been tipped off too, the real big $$$$ is G.  Of course that doesn't mean that if JR has knowledge he won't use against G for his own (and maybe Mom's) personal reasons.  

Another subject ....  Still think Corrine knew she was pregnant & that's why she left JFG and that she never thought the 'suicide' attempt would harm the baby. At 4 mos I think she is out of time to try to pawn this off as G's baby but can still destroy the relationship between G & E and then get him back.  No one understands the bond between G & E but they will as soon as the marriage is public.  

Ok off to get some coffee !  Have a great DAY   :)

Hello Ms. Fsumom,

I read your post and it looks like we are back at square one; who would leak and why.  You make a good point about Sam being a potential suspect; he stands to gain the most but he also stands to lose the most as well.

You make another good point about the “anonymous†tipoff.  Do journalists pay people for stories like this?  I know that in this instant someone wouldn’t receive monetary compensation for this kind of information if said person gave information anonymously, it was just a question I had.

Now as for the Corinne thing, who knows?  I think that is the big question we all have.  We don’t have enough information to say one way or another conclusively. Did she or did she not know she was pregnant? 

Even if Corinne did know she was pregnant, a person who would take drugs in a suicide attempt doesn’t sound like a person who would have their mental faculties.  If I am not mistaken, most women are downright protective if not slightly paranoid about taking anything during a pregnancy.  They wouldn’t take an aspirin let alone anything else for fear of harming the unborn baby.  Again, I could be wrong about this, I am using my friends and family as my gauge.  What do you think?