SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

The bar of soap wasn't my idea, but never mind -Gideon and soap makes for a nice fantasy. Re language, I had more trouble with Gideon's use of c**t than anything else. But coming from G I got used to it quickly. I'm aware there was a pun in that last sentence, but it would be beneath me to mention it. I understand from the British publications and novels I read that the c word does not have the same level of shock value as it does in the US. It tops the list here.

Oh. The c word tops our list too. We have a watershed on tv, where certain words can't be used before 9pm. C**t and f*ck being the only ones!

I liked your pun! ;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bar of soap wasn't my idea, but never mind -Gideon and soap makes for a nice fantasy. Re language, I had more trouble with Gideon's use of c**t than anything else. But coming from G I got used to it quickly. I'm aware there was a pun in that last sentence, but it would be beneath me to mention it. I understand from the British publications and novels I read that the c word does not have the same level of shock value as it does in the US. It tops the list here.

It's absolutely top of my list too and I'm Scottish!! Only Gideon can make it sound remotely sensual!! But if I hear it on tv or when I'm out I always cringe, it's just crude!!

Hi Sscrph, 

It is so funny that you said that.  All along we have been hearing about how much Eva needs her "normal" girl time.  I think that the same is true for Gideon.  Your suggestion of Gideon and Victor going to a ball game together sounds like it could be the one of the best things for Gideon.  He doesn't have anyone to turn to or to just blow steam with.  Wouldn't it be nice if Gideon could have someone to in his corner?  :) :)

He could even take Arnoldo when he is in town but I'm sure he has other friends too ... It is a shame he is at odds with his family even Christian Grey had his family to fall back on.

It's absolutely top of my list too and I'm Scottish!! Only Gideon can make it sound remotely sensual!! But if I hear it on tv or when I'm out I always cringe, it's just crude!!

I have to agree with you 100%. He doesn't use it in an offensive way. It's a playful, sexual way, for Eva. Only Gideon could get away with it.

I am in the group that says Sylvia has ruined us. I too have reread... over and over. Now I'm listening to Audio of EWY. Have to giggle because the female reader doing Gideon's voice doesn't do it for me. In this whole crossfire journey, that's the only thing I wish diff. A male saying Gideon's lines. LoL

Agree 100 percent!!

Hi Sarah, 

You make some excellent points!  Brett and his band wouldn't be hurt financially by the release of the se* tape.  If anything I am sure that it would boost sales of the CDs. 

If Brett knew about the existence of this se* tape and used it to his advantage, it could however hurt his reputation and it most definitely ruin any chance of remaining friends with Eva. 

I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

It will just all depend on how much or how little he really cares about Eva and that will depend on how Sylvia wants to deal with the character of Brett...

Hello Ms. Fsumom,

I read your post and it looks like we are back at square one; who would leak and why.  You make a good point about Sam being a potential suspect; he stands to gain the most but he also stands to lose the most as well.

You make another good point about the “anonymous†tipoff.  Do journalists pay people for stories like this?  I know that in this instant someone wouldn’t receive monetary compensation for this kind of information if said person gave information anonymously, it was just a question I had.

Now as for the Corinne thing, who knows?  I think that is the big question we all have.  We don’t have enough information to say one way or another conclusively. Did she or did she not know she was pregnant? 

Even if Corinne did know she was pregnant, a person who would take drugs in a suicide attempt doesn’t sound like a person who would have their mental faculties.  If I am not mistaken, most women are downright protective if not slightly paranoid about taking anything during a pregnancy.  They wouldn’t take an aspirin let alone anything else for fear of harming the unborn baby.  Again, I could be wrong about this, I am using my friends and family as my gauge.  What do you think?

If Corinne did know she was pregnant and took those drugs I guess we will know conclusively what type of person she really is and I am not one of the forum members who think she is mentally ill!!

If Corinne did know she was pregnant and took those drugs I guess we will know conclusively what type of person she really is and I am not one of the forum members who think she is mentally ill!!

I agree with you. She has manipulated situations to get Gideon back at any cost. She has manipulated Gideon, from college to the present day. The suicide attempt being utterly cruel, given how his father died. She has got to live with the consequences now.

Oh. The c word tops our list too. We have a watershed on tv, where certain words can't be used before 9pm. C**t and f*ck being the only ones!

I liked your pun! ;)

The way I've read or heard that word used in UK situations was not so much in the anatomical sense Gideon uses it, but more like guys calling each other that like "come on you stupid c**ts, let's get on with it!" Sort of like here slapping your buddies and calling them as*sholes or jerks. Hope I'm not going on too much about this - I very interested in slang and idiom. And a raging Anglophile.

I agree with you. She has manipulated situations to get Gideon back at any cost. She has manipulated Gideon, from college to the present day. The suicide attempt being utterly cruel, given how his father died. She has got to live with the consequences now.

If I were JFG I wouldn't want her back because it seems like the relationship they must have had was a complete fabrication on her part as I said I think he is probably too arrogant to be left with someone's leftovers but I guess that remains to be seen if he really did love her ...but I think it would be hard to live with unrequited love and I don't think I would want to if I were him; he could probably have any woman he wants!!!

I know I'm in the minority but....I'm on the side that believes Brett isn't so innocent in all this.  As I've mentioned in the past my husband is a musician.  When we were young he took jobs all around the mid-Atlantic area and there were groupies who followed the band from club to club.  The guys talked about these women especially if they had a quickie. My husband and I rarely argued but we had real screaming matches when I heard some of the comments the band members made about some of the women who followed them around. 

I find it hard to believe that Sam didn't share his videos with Brett.  Sam was trying to make a name for himself.   Brett and the other group members allowed the videographer access and gave permission to video whatever he wanted.  In real life, Sam would say something to Brett when he captured the Brett/Eva pictures.  At a minimum he might say "Brett you were really going at it with this one", or something more vulgar.  I can't forget that there was a video of them in Brett's car.  Did Brett give Sam a key to mount the camera?  Was it threaded through the trunk? Dashboard? This isn't something that is done without the car owner's knowledge. 

I hope that Brett isn't as bad as I think he is but I won't be surprised if he is a real jerk.

I think he is Brett asshat..

I think he knew right from the start. I think he knew right well about the tape, that's how he got the video down to a T...

I also think he is in cahoots with Christopher about the tape and video to tuck it to Gideon. thinking if the both saw that tape it would break them up.. And Eva would take Brett back..

I have the feeling that Christopher knew about the video and pushed to the video release ..

Remember it was stated that " I DIDNT THINK THEY DID THOSE ANYMORE " 

cary had said it to Eva about the promotion premier .

any way I hope she kicks his butt in SD

Is it killing anyone else to find out why he is so cold to his mother?

ya... I know she didn't help him but I feel its something more..

especially  with the comment made at the end.. YOUR NOT TAKING HIM AWAY FROM ME.

Well I don't think it's anything incestual if that's what you are implying OMG lets hope not...

Well I don't think it's anything incestual if that's what you are implying OMG lets hope not...

I hope not too.

I think there were odepidal tendencies from Gideon , regarding his mother and her relationship with Chris snr. But I don't think Lizzy is that way with Gideon. But it did cross Eva's mind briefly, because it repulsed her when she thought did Lizzy love him too much! :(

It was in Bared, as they were leaving the garden party.

I hope not too.

I think there were odepidal tendencies from Gideon , regarding his mother and her relationship with Chris snr. But I don't think Lizzy is that way with Gideon. But it did cross Eva's mind briefly, because it repulsed her when she thought did Lizzy love him too much! :(

It was in Bared, as they were leaving the garden party.

It would tie in to the garden party comment that we still wonder about but I'd that is the case I don't think he would be even civil toward her and he does at least acknowledge Lizzie but you never know the ultra rich are all about appearances...

Hello Ms. Rogue,

You are absolutely correct in your statement.  The video for Golden was based on the lyrics of the song.  I am not crucifying Brett based on the video.  I am lambasting that Horn dog Extraordinaire for his filthy mouth (i.e. the way he has spoken to Eva in the past) and his less than honourable actions.

You are correct.  I will not crucify a man for something he may or may not have done.  I will withhold judgment on that transgression.  I will however wash that boy’s mouth out with soap for how he has been conducting himself thus far. :D

Now someone be a dear please and get me that bar of SOAP!!! :D  :D  :D

DISCLAIMER:  I am in an exceptionally good mood today, with a hint of being oh so cheeky!  So my comments must be read with a grain of salt!  Have a fabulous Day!  :D

Ivory bar soap is always good for that  :)

A few thoughts here;

Do we think that Gideon is telling Dr. Peterson about his abuse? We know he's told him about his nightmares b/c he's gotten medication for it, but ....seeing as he really doesn't trust doctors and is so tight lipped w/ Eva, could he just be skirtting the issue? He's gotta be telling him right?  Idk, I was just thinking about this.

I really hope Anne Lucas isn't involved w/ the Vidals at all. That would be so creepy and scary and just gross.

I too wonder why Eva is so reluctant to tell anyone about their 'engagement'. I mean, Gideon had to tell her coworkers. I'm confused about the not telling Monica either when she had a chance. I'm sure she must've though before they got to the event. There's no way she missed the ring.

I hope the trip to SD will be good....for everone. A visit w/ Dr. Travis and Victor and hopefully no Brett...or maybe a nice break w/ Brett.

Ok...that's all for now. Off to enjoy this beautiful Sunday before the rain :)

Hi Gabri, 

I am sorry I missed that.  Could you tell me where in the book Gideon said that he and ChristopherJr. had joint counseling please?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

It's not clearly stated. I got the impression they were from Gideon's own words...... I'm going through the books again, but it will take me some time to find the right passage. I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

Hi Nancy

I've just had a vision of Gideon frothing at the mouth! And you with your bar of soap, which I agree, they both need. Their chat up lines stink, but then I'm of the older generation! ;) but I'm not past it. ;)

Eva has definitely sent Brett mixed signals, there's no doubting that. But Brett doesn't know of her reasons for doing what and why she did, all those years ago. He never got to know her, it was just sex to him. There was no dating, getting to know each other. And she put out, hoping to feel love and be loved. What man wouldn't take it, when its handed on a plate to him. Eva herself admitted she wanted to be the best that he got , so he wouldn't go with anyone else. He may have feelings for her but its not love.

The tape can't just show Eva having sex with Brett , there has to be shots of Brett in this encounter. How does he feel, knowing that he has been caught with his pants down! If Sam is using the tape, editing it, Brett must be in it too. This tape is good publicity for the song and the band. Brett's street cred will pull in a lot more groupies! If Brett doesn't know about it(but I think he does) and Chris is 100% in the know, I will eat a portion of crow pie! Again! Some of my theories suck! Hahaha!

Brett said way back that Eva just disappeared and that he always hoped she'd show up at a concert. When they were younger and sexual together, he didn't know why she was 'dropping to her knees' and about her abuse. He was just enjoying it. It only makes sense that those feelings for both have picked up a little where they left off. Eva needs to mature a little and quit playing games. Knowing men, I'm sure there's a part of Brett that wants to show Gideon and everyone that he can win the prize... his boss that kicked his a s s 's girl. Not gonna happen of course. I'm sure Gideon will be with her in SD one way or another.

Also, I don't think we have enough info to say whether Brett knew about that live footage for the real sex tape. I do think that Christopher has a hand in it, and is in on feeding info to his mom about. Oh gosh I can't wait for the next book. LoL

Brett said way back that Eva just disappeared and that he always hoped she'd show up at a concert. When they were younger and sexual together, he didn't know why she was 'dropping to her knees' and about her abuse. He was just enjoying it. It only makes sense that those feelings for both have picked up a little where they left off. Eva needs to mature a little and quit playing games. Knowing men, I'm sure there's a part of Brett that wants to show Gideon and everyone that he can win the prize... his boss that kicked his a s s 's girl. Not gonna happen of course. I'm sure Gideon will be with her in SD one way or another.

Also, I don't think we have enough info to say whether Brett knew about that live footage for the real sex tape. I do think that Christopher has a hand in it, and is in on feeding info to his mom about. Oh gosh I can't wait for the next book. LoL

I do agree with you that part of Brett just wants to prove that he can win Eva back!!  A challenge ya know!!  :)

Okay here comes my tape scenario and then I'll sit back and wait hopefully for the great reveal this fall (Please Sylvia don't make us wait until #5)

Sam was spurned by the professionals hired by Vidal Records. (Remember Eva refers rather scathingly to him as "the band's wannabe videographer). They're not interested in his collection of backstage exploits or possibly getting involved with legal issues. They use professional actors and take their time to do a romantic and sexy video.

Brett may or may not know about Sam's collection but I think he would have blown any of Sam's suggestions off not expecting him to take it any further.

With a major chip on his shoulder, Sam decides to approach Christopher in his capacity as Vidal Records head. He might have either wanted to sell it knowing it could be good publicity for VR, or blackmail VR into suppressing it because it would spoil the other one.

Chris turns him down, but steers him to other places that would be interested.

Chris saw an opportunity for profitable notoriety in the situation and also jumped the chance of stabbing Gideon in the back. Win win opportunity. He contacts Deanna knowing she's also after Gideon. Deanna gets on the story, now knowing something about Gideon's feelings for Eva and how it would hurt him

However, when Gideon, prompted by Eva, apologizes to Deanna for his behavior, she softens towards him, (how could she not?) and tries to please him by letting him know what's in store about the tape.

So there's my plot. Hope I don't end up at the crow table!

Okay here comes my tape scenario and then I'll sit back and wait hopefully for the great reveal this fall (Please Sylvia don't make us wait until #5)

Sam was spurned by the professionals hired by Vidal Records. (Remember Eva refers rather scathingly to him as "the band's wannabe videographer). They're not interested in his collection of backstage exploits or possibly getting involved with legal issues. They use professional actors and take their time to do a romantic and sexy video.

Brett may or may not know about Sam's collection but I think he would have blown any of Sam's suggestions off not expecting him to take it any further.

With a major chip on his shoulder, Sam decides to approach Christopher in his capacity as Vidal Records head. He might have either wanted to sell it knowing it could be good publicity for VR, or blackmail VR into suppressing it because it would spoil the other one.

Chris turns him down, but steers him to other places that would be interested.

Chris saw an opportunity for profitable notoriety in the situation and also jumped the chance of stabbing Gideon in the back. Win win opportunity. He contacts Deanna knowing she's also after Gideon. Deanna gets on the story, now knowing something about Gideon's feelings for Eva and how it would hurt him

However, when Gideon, prompted by Eva, apologizes to Deanna for his behavior, she softens towards him, (how could she not?) and tries to please him by letting him know what's in store about the tape.

So there's my plot. Hope I don't end up at the crow table!

Hey Nancy, Im already there, come and join me. :)

It's not clearly stated. I got the impression they were from Gideon's own words...... I'm going through the books again, but it will take me some time to find the right passage. I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

Gigi and Gabri- On p 299 in RIY EV says Christopher is her son, he was there, and he swore nothing happened. But I think Gideon also refers to it somewhere else.

Hope this helps.