SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that we will get more twists and turns.  Just ask who saw the Russian mafia twist coming?  I don't think Martin will be a bad guy though.  I go back to his comment to Eva that he wished he loved his job.  It is possible that Eva will help him find something that he loves. 

As far as Megumi knowing what went on between Victor and Monica I'm not so sure. Megumi might guess but she wouldn't know that the makeup Monica is wearing isn't hers or even that the dress is Eva's.  Besides, if she did say something to Martin then Megumi isn't Eva's friend and that would be a shame. 

Hi Sharon,

I keep thinking that we only have to wait a few more weeks before we will finally start getting our "snippets"!  Yea!!  Oh I can hardly wait!! 

I personally don't think that Marty (or Mary as he is known to some at night ;)) is a bad character either.  I think it has just been a little bit of fun letting the imaginations run wild. 

As for Monica and Victor, when I sit and listen to your reasoning, it is completely plausible.  I can picture the scenario the way you lay it out.  You bring up a good point about Victor and Monica loving each other and knowing that they can't ever be together because they know somewhere deep inside of themselves that each isn't good for the other.  I wonder if they will have enough strength or self-composure to walk that path.  :)

I think GidEva will be hands on parents no nannies for these kids; the only babysitters allowed will be Angus or Victor!!

HI Sscrph,

What about Cary? Do you think that Gideon or Eva will let him near their chidren? He could potentially be the "fun and wild" uncle Cary? What do you think? :)

My only comment is watch The Thorn Birds.  It never crossed my mind that Richard Chamberlain's sexual preference was a distraction.  I bought his role hook, line and sinker.  I can cite many examples to back up my theory but of course that is my opinion. 

Hi Sharon,

Oh my goodness. I just used the same argument but in a different way. I think that Richard Chamberlin was able to sell the role of the se*ual priest because the Hollywood Machine had already established him as a virile heterosexual male. He was never open about his se*uality until the 1990's. Up until then people may have suspected or few in the industry knew about his life, but the public persona was that he was all male....to be desired by women.

I also think that it is a shame because Richard Chamberlin is a very, very, good actor! Do you think that Hollywood, back in the day, would have cast a very openly "gay" actor in such a role? Do you think that the public would have accepted him in those roles? When discussing Hollywood, it might be important to take into account social perceptions and social taboos back in the day (thirty, forty, fifty years ago, etc.).

I think the entire issue of one's se*uality shouldn't bear any relevance to his/her's ability to portray a character one way or another. What a person does behind closed doors should remain there. In a way, if someone were to stop and think about it, basing employment decisions based on one's se*ual preference is a form of discrimination. What do you think?

Exactly.  He showed Eva how vicious he could be.  Talk to any policeman and he will tell you most murders start by killing animals. 

Hi Sharon,

I am not sure if we are saying the same thing but just in a different way. I agree completely that most killers start off by killing animals. I didn't know if Nathan would be able to pull off a threat of hurting Monica or whether Nathan might have used the tactic of "if you tell you mom, then I will tell them it was all your fault!" Or "if you tell your mom, then no one will believe you or everyone will think you are a liar". Those types of threats are usually quite effective with victims because most victims blame themselves for the abuse.

So what do you think? Did I get it right or have I completely missed the mark? Your opinion is always appreciated.

Hi ladies--

As for the gay-straight issue---I think it depends on the role.  For characters like Gideon or Christian, the fact that they are ssssoooo sexual makes it different.  Most straight roles don't have the sexual aspect the MAIN aspect of the story.  Yes, both men have their own stories, but the sex is a major part.  There are lots of roles a gay man could play very successfully, but not these roles.  (FYI-my brother is a gay man married to the man of his dreams and I love them both.)  It reminds me of a character my husband likes a lot called Jack Reacher.  Tom Cruise played him in the movie.  In the books, Reacher is 6'5", 250 lb., can take out 5 guys at once.  Attractive and macho.  TC did an OK job, but my husband kept saying---this is just not Jack.  I think a gay man playing a highly sexual straight man would be a distraction that many would just say---this is not Christian/Gideon.  I would have no problem with a gay man playing Ethan or Carrick or Flynn in FSOG.  A gay man could play any of the roles in Crossfire EXCEPT Godeon.  JMHO

Hi GLH,

It is clear that whom ever gets cast for the role of; Gideon or Christian, will have to be very talented actors! These men will have HUGE SHOES to fill because every woman has such high expectations in their heads about how these characters should look and act.

In a way, I sort of feel sorry for both of these men....but then I think about the millions that these guys will be paid and of all the women who will be throwing themselves at these men at the premiers and then I think to myself...these guys will be just fine! :)

I know I'm probably so late on this but I've started to re read the Bare to You and the part where he told Eva to stay away from Christopher," he takes sibling rivalry to the extreme and he's unstable enough to make him dangerous. He's reaching out to you becuase he knows he can hurt me through you. "  and  there mother saying how Christopher was there he swears nothing happened.

I'm wondering if he indeed knew what was happening and just to keep his mother on his side he said nothing happened, I just think Christopher knows something and then knowing Magalene was Gideons friend how he was using her also there's something about himI think  knows something he just seems so sneaky.

Just my thought. ;) 

Hi Jerseygurl,

That has been a topic of much debate. How much did Christopher Jr. know about the abuse? Was he abused himself? Did he walk in on Gideon being abused? We don't get a clear answer on any of these questions thus far, but hopefully the next book should shed some more light on these issues concerning Christopher Jr.

I too, want to know if he and his brother both had counseling sessions together or whether each boy was seen separately or whether Gideon was the only one who went to counseling. I think that there has to be a reason beyond sibiling rivalry to make Christopher Jr. act the way he has. Those are just my thoughts. What does everyone think?

Ok Ladies, just throwing this out there, you know how Marty hates his job well if Eva does the foundation stuff, maybe Marty could work for her or work for Gideon and her in a joint company, that way she can help her family as well as make Marty happy with a new job and you never know maybe Marty will actually fall for Megumi and leave lacy she seems a bit flaky to me.

Love the pics Barb

just a thought ladies ;P

That's a great idea Sheens!

I think Hugo threaten Christopher when he was a child.  My guess is if he told his parents Christopher would be next.  As a result I think Christopher holds a ton of guilt.  I'm sure as a five year old he didn't understand what was happening just that his brother was crying it hurt.  I'm thinking Gideon was embarrassed and struck out at Christopher because of that embarrassment. 

Magdalene is the daughter of Elizabeth's good friend.  The way he treated Magdalene could be a slap at his mother as much as at Gideon.  We still have a lot to learn about Christopher.  

Hi Sharon,

Your suggestion of Christopher Jr. using Magdalene to get back at his mother is an interesting one. It is possible.

HI Sscrph,

What about Cary? Do you think that Gideon or Eva will let him near their chidren? He could potentially be the "fun and wild" uncle Cary? What do you think? :)

Yes fun and wild Uncle Cary sounds perfect and he would protect those kids with his life but I'm not so sureGideon will be on board with him as a first choice LOL. :). :)

You just want to shout at the camera man "go lower please "  LOL

1069299_672722786087304_120221869_n.jpg

Lower..... and closer, please!!!!!

Hi Jerseygurl,

That has been a topic of much debate. How much did Christopher Jr. know about the abuse? Was he abused himself? Did he walk in on Gideon being abused? We don't get a clear answer on any of these questions thus far, but hopefully the next book should shed some more light on these issues concerning Christopher Jr.

I too, want to know if he and his brother both had counseling sessions together or whether each boy was seen separately or whether Gideon was the only one who went to counseling. I think that there has to be a reason beyond sibiling rivalry to make Christopher Jr. act the way he has. Those are just my thoughts. What does everyone think?

I also wonder what the deal is with CVJ. Was he actually abused? Did he know anything about the abuse? Or is his anger really all misplaced jealousy. Hopefully we will get some answers. 

Girls, we all love HC to be Gideon right, just by his appearance, but ooh la la that voice of his........... that's just pure honey mixed with s*x

Hi Moonfeather

you're right. His voice is mouthwatering....he makes an ad for a car brand sound like an indecent proposal!!!  love5.gif

Hi Gigi and thanks for your comments.

What prompted me to say what I did is an interview I read a little while back with a British actor--I think his name is Rupert something--who was known as a leading man.  He said that coming out was the worst thing he ever did for his career.  He was sorry he came out professionally. I guess because my brother is gay I think a lot about these issues.  He is a very successful businessman and he has to hide his sexuality even though he is married and with the same man for 23 years.  It's all about money and what TPTB think will make the most.  I also remember when Sean Hayes won a Tony for his role and the NY Times criticized because he played a straight man.  That was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.  I think Europeans are more advanced than we are here in the US.

Hi Gigi and thanks for your comments.

What prompted me to say what I did is an interview I read a little while back with a British actor--I think his name is Rupert something--who was known as a leading man.  He said that coming out was the worst thing he ever did for his career.  He was sorry he came out professionally. I guess because my brother is gay I think a lot about these issues.  He is a very successful businessman and he has to hide his sexuality even though he is married and with the same man for 23 years.  It's all about money and what TPTB think will make the most.  I also remember when Sean Hayes won a Tony for his role and the NY Times criticized because he played a straight man.  That was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.  I think Europeans are more advanced than we are here in the US.

Well, I'm European and to specify it a bit more I'm from The Netherlands. In general we are pretty tolerant about gay people. Tv hosts, actors, writers, poets you name it it is for the most part ok. Ofcourse there are areas where it is less likable to announce you are gay, for example in soccer. And don't forget that there are plenty of people who say being gay is a sin ( mostly the very religious people ) or are homophobic.

And if we talk about Europe in general, i think in most countries it is pretty accepted nowadays, but there are still areas where it is better to keep your mouth shut ( some slavic regions )

If i may speak from the heart, I see it like this ( and I'm a mix of dutch and slavic herritage ): Change the world, begin with yourself and treat others how you like to be treated. Being gay doesnt change your skills, your talents, your kindness or any other thing. I wished more people would see it like this...

I see Sylvia had an online interview yesterday.  Don't these interviewers do any research at all?  I have so many questions I would love to ask her not only about Crossfire but her writing in general.  Every question in the interview was asked and answered multiple times.  All she had to do was a quick google search and she could find the answers.  It would be so nice if there was someone a little more creative.  This woman says she's a writer why couldn't she craft a question in a way that would give us more insight into Sylvia's many characters and/or writing techniques.  What a wasted opportunity! 

I see Sylvia had an online interview yesterday.  Don't these interviewers do any research at all?  I have so many questions I would love to ask her not only about Crossfire but her writing in general.  Every question in the interview was asked and answered multiple times.  All she had to do was a quick google search and she could find the answers.  It would be so nice if there was someone a little more creative.  This woman says she's a writer why couldn't she craft a question in a way that would give us more insight into Sylvia's many characters and/or writing techniques.  What a wasted opportunity! 

Yes I have noticed that they all seem to ask the same questions over and over, think of new interesting ones!!  :)