Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

New England Yankee of pure Irish-American descent, taking Spanish lessons as an adult in order to better understand fellow Americans. Even in the cities north of New York, such as Boston and Buffalo, Spanish is widely spoken. I want to go beyond just knowing certain phrases; I'd like to start learning to speak, and ultimately read, the language.

I am in awe of some of the ladies here for whom English is a second language, who are reading novels like the Crossfire series in the original language rather than translation, and then discussing the books also in the original language, English.

As good as some translations of books into other languages can be, nothing beats reading the actual words the author wrote in whichever language he/she did, crafting the story in the language he/she knows best. I'd love to some day read Spanish language books as written by their authors instead of English translations.

I'm a non spanish heritage NYC spanish speaker and they say I speak "New Yo-Rican"

LOL! I love it!

New England Yankee of pure Irish-American descent, taking Spanish lessons as an adult in order to better understand fellow Americans. Even in the cities north of New York, such as Boston and Buffalo, Spanish is widely spoken. I want to go beyond just knowing certain phrases; I'd like to start learning to speak, and ultimately read, the language.

I am in awe of some of the ladies here for whom English is a second language, who are reading novels like the Crossfire series in the original language rather than translation, and then discussing the books also in the original language, English.

As good as some translations of books into other languages can be, nothing beats reading the actual words the author wrote in whichever language he/she did, crafting the story in the language he/she knows best. I'd love to some day read Spanish language books as written by their authors instead of English translations.

Yea I immigrated here when I was 10 and picked up the language really fast! Now I cant stand reading in spanish!

One place she uses is her main website, www.sylviaday.com, especially the "coming soon" section.

She's very active on Twitter and active on Facebook, and a lot of us watch her there.

This forum actually is a good place to watch too, because when big news hits, the hardcore fans here get really excited. Though I watch social media, this place is often the first I catch wind of stuff.

I have an Elizabeth Vidal related question, which ties into Elizabeth confronting Eva near the very end of Entwined and which stretches back into Reflected.

Timeline:

Final weekend of Reflected (Saturday night) - Eva confronted Elizabeth for her (Elizabeth) further damaging the sexually traumatized child Gideon by failing to believe Gideon had been abused. Elizabeth's reaction was to still insist the abuse didn't happen and to defend herself for having had Gideon examined by pediatricians. 

Final Tuesday of Reflected - Gideon had chased Eva to Dr. Lucas' office, and from GPS tracking had known that Eva also had gone to Corrine's address earlier that morning. But Gideon also knew Eva had caused some sort of problem with Elizabeth.

Question: How did Gideon know something happened between Eva and Elizabeth over the weekend?

Possibilities:

• Did Elizabeth in fact call Gideon soon after that fight Eva picked with her and say something about it (maybe not the truth but possibly to claim his "ex" was a some sort of nutjob)?
  • Or was Eva right at the end of Entwined to accuse Elizabeth of having not dared to say a thing about that first fight.
  • If Elizabeth had in fact kept her mouth shut, then how did Gideon find out very soon after Eva had gone after his mother? Had  Christopher Jr. been the one who told Gideon that Eva somehow upset their mother the Saturday night Eva ran into the Vidals?

Me and my sister where thinking the same thing. I think the mom told Gideon that she run in to Eva and maybe the tone of her voice gave that she was upset.

Hi Fsumom,

I agree.  The only way a plan like that could possibly have worked is if Corinne poked holes in the "condoms" before hand.  I personally don't think that she would have gotten away with it (if that was her intent).  Gideon and Jean Francois don't look exactly the same.  Gideon's eyes are blue, Jean Francois' are green (jade)...HUGE DIFFERENCE n'est pas?  :)

Oui, Oui    :)

I wondered why they didn't Corrine they were married, not engaged, then it would have over period !

Hi Fsumom, 

Maybe they didn't tell Corinne that they were married because they didn't want to kick her while she was already down and mentally unstable.  What do you think?

Hi Gigi

It's not just the money with Monica. It's the lifestyle that goes with it. Functions, lunches, events. Victor doesn't seem the sort to be eye candy for Monica. He's a mans man. Monica is too high maintenance for such a great guy. He deserves a "normal" woman. Who will love him for who he is. :wub:

Hi Julie, 

I agree that Monica is most likely caught up in the lifestyle.  I wonder if she would be able to give that up now that she's older and has had the benefit and experience of life.  Who know's maybe Monica can play the "teacher" for social events with Victor and then when they get home, Victor can teach Monica a thing or two (wink, wink). ;) 

I agree with you there. 

Also with Monica, I always got the impression she did all these functions to make up for not being there for Eva when she was a child being abused, this is her way of helping others and she would not be able to do that or have the resources to do with if she was with Victor :)

Hi Sheens, 

The best thing that Monica could do for Eva is to stop pulling manipulative guilt trips on her daughter, grow and take responsibility for her actions and appologize.  It seems that thus far, Monica is capable of doing any of that and I have to wonder why? 

OMG! I've been wondering this too?! How could he not afford to pay for a flight to Cali?  He doesn't pay rent, no car....what's he got? A phone bill? Shopping ?

Hi Nathalia, 

Could it be that the Modelling Agency owes him money?  Modelling Agencies make pay advances or sometimes even loan money to their models if they have completed a modelling shoot, but usually they get paid a bulk of the money owed them when the Agency settles up with the Client.

Hi Sheens, 

The best thing that Monica could do for Eva is to stop pulling manipulative guilt trips on her daughter, grow and take responsibility for her actions and appologize.  It seems that thus far, Monica is capable of doing any of that and I have to wonder why? 

I think Monica believes she is doing this all for the best for Eva and until she finally let's the penny drop and realises she is pushing her daughter away with her behaviour I don't think she will apologise for anything she has done 

Hi Fsumom, 

Maybe they didn't tell Corinne that they were married because they didn't want to kick her while she was already down and mentally unstable.  What do you think?

the engagement announcment did the same thing - but also gave Corrine hope that G would leave E.  Married it's over.  So it's a toss up I guess.  And would our Eva really care at this point, she's really after the lobby kiss attempt !