Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

And unfortunately we know that THE CLUELESS BILLIONAIRE would have believed her because he thinks she is so sweet and would never think that Corinne would resort to the oldest trick in the book and I bet he wouldn't even have had a paternity test done because that would have been such an insult to this SWEET brunette!! LOL

I don't think Gideon thinks she is so innocent anymore. After hearing what she said to Eva.

I don't think Gideon thinks she is so innocent anymore. After hearing what she said to Eva.

Gideon's illusions Corrine was this sweet person who "never had an unkind word for anyone" (the face she presented to him starting in college) ought to have been shattered when he saw that photo on Eva's cell phone, Corrine coming out of the Crossfire looking like she'd just had a nooner. But it would seem he was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt -- maybe she did get some action somewhere else in the building. Mr. Idiot just couldn't see the obvious -- Corrine had been expressly warned by he himself Eva has real issues about jealousy and insecurity, and now the very next day, Corrine was using that knowledge to fight dirty. This was war.

His illusions finally were shattered when he heard the whole story about what Corrine pulled the second time, from making Eva wait 20 minutes to answering the door looking like Gideon had just finished f***** her and had probably sent Corrine to the door to get rid of Eva. During that confrontation, Corrine again tried to trick Eva into thinking she (Corrine) actually did have a nooner with Gideon. Unfortunately for Corrine, her eyes gave her away and Eva knew Corrine was a liar. So when he heard about Stunt #2 (the apartment) he also got proof that Stunt #1 (the nooner) had in fact been all an act by Corrine to exploit Eva's weaknesses in order to  ruin the relationship between Eva and Gideon.

Then and there, in their love nest apartment when Eva finished telling him what happened, he decided he wanted nothing more to do with Corrine. "Well, that changes things considerably," he said (to Eva). "There's nothing more she and I need to say to each other." (page 144)

Unfortunately, though it wasn't that easy. When he stopped returning Corrine's messages, she responded by leaving even more -- calling his cell, calling his office, calling his family. Then she showed up unannounced at the Crossfire. Gideon went downstairs to the lobby to try to get rid of her. It was lunchtime (no accident, I'm sure) and as Corrine probably hoped would happen, Eva came through the lobby. That wench tried Stunt #3 -- kissing Gideon right in front of Eva -- but he put a stop to that and left Corrine standing there as he ran after Eva. (I wonder how that felt for Corrine. Because the only two times all three of them have been in close physical proximity, it's always ended with Gideon literally chasing after Eva.)

He ultimately did go see Corrine at her apartment, but only because by then her behavior had turned so crazy that even he himself could no longer deny she literally was going nuts. He went there to verify for himself she actually had crossed over the line into mentally ill and it was high time to call Jean-Francois to come do something about her, given that technically JFG was still her husband and thus legal next of kin. Something that proved true ultimately at the hospital -- Corrine's parents tried to jump in to call the shots with the doctor, but the doctor knew JFG was the husband.

OK that's your gyn lesson for the day

and getting back to Corrine I think she knew and once Gideon finally put the final NO to her she freaked

Hi Golfergirl, 

One quick question; would Corinne's attempted suicide be enough for her to have a miscarriage (because she swallowed a bottle of pills) or would the act of giving medications to counteract the attempted suicide be what caused the miscarriage?  Thanks in advance.

Hi Golfergirl,

I was thinking that from a lay person's view the miscarriage seemed very spontaneous and I wasn't sure if that is the way this normally happens for women.  I have had friends in the past who have sufferd miscarriages but none of them suffered a miscarriage this quick.  It just struck me as a little odd.

Thanks again.

I was also thinking that she had been drinking wine at the Waldorf event and then probably vodka at the Kingsman event.  And we also know she was on the anitdepressants for some period of the time before the OD.  

None of her behavior was that of an expectant mom so if she knew she was pregnant she didn't want this baby very much and so maybe the OD was going to solve that and get Gideon back-by-guilt-trip x2.

Noticed this on twitter

@SylDay is Gideon's fantasy - Eva on a swing - coming true on the next book?

@maam_md It's coming true at some point

hope that answers some of our questions :)

Though I suspect she did know about the pregnancy, I'll play devil's advocate here for a minute and say "what if she hadn't known -- yet. What would she have done once she did find out?

Terminate the pregnancy, even though finding a care provider willing to perform one past 12 weeks wouldn't be easy (clinics and hospitals in the United States are run by private companies and/or non-profits, so individual institutions get to decide what, if any, abortion services they will provide.)Obviously, it wasn't a planned pregnancy to begin with. And Corrine wouldn't want any sort of "complication" diminishing her chances of becoming Mrs. Gideon Cross. She at least knew Gideon well enough to guess that if Gideon did know she was carrying Jean-Francois' baby, he'd urge her to go back to her husband -- and Mr. Control Freak Gideon would dump her to try to "make" her do it.

Though I suspect she did know about the pregnancy, I'll play devil's advocate here for a minute and say "what if she hadn't known -- yet. What would she have done once she did find out?

Terminate the pregnancy, even though finding a care provider willing to perform one past 12 weeks wouldn't be easy (clinics and hospitals in the United States are run by private companies and/or non-profits, so individual institutions get to decide what, if any, abortion services they will provide.)Obviously, it wasn't a planned pregnancy to begin with. And Corrine wouldn't want any sort of "complication" diminishing her chances of becoming Mrs. Gideon Cross. She at least knew Gideon well enough to guess that if Gideon did know she was carrying Jean-Francois' baby, he'd urge her to go back to her husband -- and Mr. Control Freak Gideon would dump her to try to "make" her do it.

LN you will love Man of Steel, I loved it so much, Henry Cavill is amazing in it and when you first see him in that suit, Oh Boy I think I combusted there on the seat LOL, he is just dripping sex in that suit.  Henry gives so many different emotions in this film and there is a part in there that I just felt he acted like Gideon would have done with Eva at a low point, it was just so good,  I hope you enjoy it :)

LN you will love Man of Steel, I loved it so much, Henry Cavill is amazing in it and when you first see him in that suit, Oh Boy I think I combusted there on the seat LOL, he is just dripping sex in that suit.  Henry gives so many different emotions in this film and there is a part in there that I just felt he acted like Gideon would have done with Eva at a low point, it was just so good,  I hope you enjoy it :)

I'm seeing a matinee showing of the film tomorrow. SQUEEE!!!!

I have to admit I never saw Henry cavil act. I knew what he look like. Tonight we went and saw superman. He's definitely Gideon and not Christian

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gabri will be heart broken. :(

OMG... it can't be true....no Henry??? 

Although I'm crying a river here and will probably have a conniption.... I'm looking forward to new auditioning!!!

As the Brithish used to say "The King is dead, long live the King!"

Let me know when OUR casting is going to start!!

I was also thinking that she had been drinking wine at the Waldorf event and then probably vodka at the Kingsman event.  And we also know she was on the anitdepressants for some period of the time before the OD.  

None of her behavior was that of an expectant mom so if she knew she was pregnant she didn't want this baby very much and so maybe the OD was going to solve that and get Gideon back-by-guilt-trip x2.

Hi Fsumom, 

Good point!  Personally, I don't think that Corinne knew about the pregnancy.  Even if she didn't love Jean Francois, I don't think that Corinne would purposely take medications or openly drink knowing that her unborn baby could wind up with very serious birth defects.

I also think that if Corinne were pregnant and was trying to pass this baby off, she would have a hard time of keeping Gideon if he bought her lie (for the sake of arguement) only to find out that her reckless lifestyle caused potentially severe birth defects to Gideon's offspring (wink).  It would surely be the end of her relationship.  What do you think?

I  am thinking  she  knew and  as  soon as she  did  she  came  flying back  to  Gideon in the hope of  snagging  him in the sack again   and then  telling him it is  "his".     She   would  have been  thinking  having a baby  with her  husband  would end any chance of  her  getting him  back.   She  didn't  factor  him  meeting  someone  else  at that  stage  because he had  been  alone since they  split up.      So  many  story  lines here.

It  was  after   she  was told that  Gideon and  Eva  was  engaged by her  husband  that  she  took  drastic  measures  knowing that  she probably  will never  get  Gideon back.

I  am thinking  she  knew and  as  soon as she  did  she  came  flying back  to  Gideon in the hope of  snagging  him in the sack again   and then  telling him it is  "his".     She   would  have been  thinking  having a baby  with her  husband  would end any chance of  her  getting him  back.   She  didn't  factor  him  meeting  someone  else  at that  stage  because he had  been  alone since they  split up.      So  many  story  lines here.

It  was  after   she  was told that  Gideon and  Eva  was  engaged by her  husband  that  she  took  drastic  measures  knowing that  she probably  will never  get  Gideon back.

Hi Mrs X

I agree with you. I posted this recently. I think she found out between cancelling her first trip back to New York (when Gideon told her the night of the advocacy dinner that he had met Eva)and arriving there days later.

She knew she would have to bed him quick to trap him, because she was desperate then!!! Manipulating cow bag!!

Hi Mrs X

I agree with you. I posted this recently. I think she found out between cancelling her first trip back to New York (when Gideon told her the night of the advocacy dinner that he had met Eva)and arriving there days later.

She knew she would have to bed him quick to trap him, because she was desperate then!!! Manipulating cow bag!!

Hi Julie, 

I just had one quick question:  What does Jean Francois look like?  If that was Corinne's intention from the start, did either of these men look similar?  Could she really have gotten away with this rouse (if that is what she intended from the start)?  Can you tell me where can I find this information in the book please?  Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Julie, 

I just had one quick question:  What does Jean Francois look like?  If that was Corinne's intention from the start, did either of these men look similar?  Could she really have gotten away with this rouse (if that is what she intended from the start)?  Can you tell me where can I find this information in the book please?  Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Gigi

Eva mentioned what he looked like while waiting for Gideon page 159 Entwined. :) how sad am I

Hi Julie, 

Eva googles a picture of him right before she goes to pick up Victor at the airport before she meets Gideon at the apartment...

I have to admit I never saw Henry cavil act. I knew what he look like. Tonight we went and saw superman. He's definitely Gideon and not Christian

I am glad you liked it and what about the end part when he is on his knees, that is the part that made me think of Gideon and Eva what do you think?.

He is do much a Gideon not a Christian, although when I first read FSOG I did think of him in that role but now think of Henry as only a Gideon xx

Hi Fsumom, 

Good point!  Personally, I don't think that Corinne knew about the pregnancy.  Even if she didn't love Jean Francois, I don't think that Corinne would purposely take medications or openly drink knowing that her unborn baby could wind up with very serious birth defects.

I also think that if Corinne were pregnant and was trying to pass this baby off, she would have a hard time of keeping Gideon if he bought her lie (for the sake of arguement) only to find out that her reckless lifestyle caused potentially severe birth defects to Gideon's offspring (wink).  It would surely be the end of her relationship.  What do you think?

Good point GiGi but that being said... Corinne is going to have a tough road ahead knowing that her ridiculous behavior concerning Gideon cost her a child and probably her marriage...now that is a reason to be depressed not the loss of potentially being Mrs. Gideon Cross...

Good point GiGi but that being said... Corinne is going to have a tough road ahead knowing that her ridiculous behavior concerning Gideon cost her a child and probably her marriage...now that is a reason to be depressed not the loss of potentially being Mrs. Gideon Cross...

Hopefully she will exit the Crossfire series at this point never to return ...

What if Corrine's suicide attempt really was her last-gasp attempt to get Gideon by her side, and her last dirty trick against Eva, figuring that Eva would react to Gideon running to Corrine's side by pulling another runner away from Gideon. Perhaps Corrine was counting on the overdose either outright triggering miscarriage (which it did) or at least creating medical grounds for a second-trimester abortion? Now that JFG was back, she definitely needed to get rid of the baby, because Gideon would insist she return to her husband if they were having a child.

I know I'm thinking truly evil thoughts here -- but Corrine is truly desperate and inside her really is the c**** b**** hidden beneath the sweet exterior she presents to Gideon and drops behind his back.

I still hope Sylvia will weigh in soon on this spoiler question -- yes/no - did Corrine know she was pregnant?

And if yes, was that why she raced back to Gideon in New York, hoping to trap him while the pregnancy was still so very early she could pass the baby off as his for as long as it took to coerce him into marrying her the instant the divorce from JFG went through?

What if Corrine's suicide attempt really was her last-gasp attempt to get Gideon by her side, and her last dirty trick against Eva, figuring that Eva would react to Gideon running to Corrine's side by pulling another runner away from Gideon. Perhaps Corrine was counting on the overdose either outright triggering miscarriage (which it did) or at least creating medical grounds for a second-trimester abortion? Now that JFG was back, she definitely needed to get rid of the baby, because Gideon would insist she return to her husband if they were having a child.

I know I'm thinking truly evil thoughts here -- but Corrine is truly desperate and inside her really is the c**** b**** hidden beneath the sweet exterior she presents to Gideon and drops behind his back.

I still hope Sylvia will weigh in soon on this spoiler question -- yes/no - did Corrine know she was pregnant?

And if yes, was that why she raced back to Gideon in New York, hoping to trap him while the pregnancy was still so very early she could pass the baby off as his for as long as it took to coerce him into marrying her the instant the divorce from JFG went through?

Well I wouldn't put it past her.

All other attempts have failed, lets try the pills! Talk about screwy!

I hope you and me get answers to our questions, because they open up other theories and places to go. A sneaky peek at the manuscript would be good. Lol ;)