Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Even more than my hopes of getting an yes/no answer from Sylvia about whether Gideon's casual sex partners were only brunettes, I'm really hoping she will answer for the community at large - was Corrine clueless about the fact she was pregnant? Because it's sparking such huge controversy.

Just when we thought the anti-Corrine sentiment couldn't get any higher .... as soon as we read Entwined, it soared to new heights.

Hi Rogue,

I'm not saying Corrine could get Gideon actually might have accomplished getting Gideon to the altar that fast (by week 12). The woman was pulling crazy desperate stuff. But I could see her trying.

Especially if Corrine's divorce back in France was on the verge of being finalized. We know from what Magdalene said about them getting divorced that the proceedings themselves were underway. I'm wondering whether Corrine was still based in France as the summer started was so she could be immediately available for court hearings and for signing necessary documents. To do whatever she could to speed things along as quickly as possible.

But if -- IF -- she was trying to play the Gideon-knocked-her-up card, she needed to move things along in New York as fast as possible too. Have him ready to elope with her the instant the ink dried on her divorce decree. With each passing week, she got closer and closer and closer to starting to "show" -- that'd be a dead giveaway she was months into a pregnancy, not weeks.

I still go back and forth on whether she knew she was in early pregnancy when she suddenly decided to call upon Gideon to get her settled in New York as fast as possible. When she made that decision, she booked her flight and called up Gideon to say essentially "I'm on my way, meet me at the airport." THAT'S when Corrine found out Gideon had just fallen for a new woman he met that very week. Eva wasn't the initial trigger for the move -- something else made Corrine throw caution to the wind and start stalking Gideon in New York itself.

If she did know she was carrying JFG's baby, I think she had no intention whatsoever of going through with the pregnancy. Bearing JFG's child would greatly lessen her desperate move to become Mrs. Gideon Cross. I think she planned to bail out of the pregnancy as soon as it served it's purpose -- thus taking medication didn't matter. She wasn't going to go through with carrying the baby anyway, so possible birth defects were a non-issue.

Ok I get where you're coming from. Although based on the fact she was pregnant and JFGs reactions in EWY, my personal belief is that the marriage fell apart shortly before she headed to NY and they were not particularly far into the divorce. Why would you still be sleeping with someone when you're months into divorce proceedings?

Something else to consider though... we know Gideon is a dominant, and we're fairly sure from Corinne's words in Bared about his possessiveness that this was the role he took in their relationship also - in fact some have even speculated that he collared Corinne. Anyway knowing that about him how would she hope to convince him this child was his? If he took the dominant role he would insist upon attending ultrasounds and being fully aware of all aspects of this pregnancy.

Or are you saying you dont believe Corinne to be capable of rational thought by the time she decides to leave France?

Maybe its because of my nature - I over think EVERYTHING - but I find it hard to believe schemers dont at least consider the possible outcomes of their actions.

Ok I get where you're coming from. Although based on the fact she was pregnant and JFGs reactions in EWY, my personal belief is that the marriage fell apart shortly before she headed to NY and they were not particularly far into the divorce. Why would you still be sleeping with someone when you're months into divorce proceedings?

Something else to consider though... we know Gideon is a dominant, and we're fairly sure from Corinne's words in Bared about his possessiveness that this was the role he took in their relationship also - in fact some have even speculated that he collared Corinne. Anyway knowing that about him how would she hope to convince him this child was his? If he took the dominant role he would insist upon attending ultrasounds and being fully aware of all aspects of this pregnancy.

Or are you saying you dont believe Corinne to be capable of rational thought by the time she decides to leave France?

Maybe its because of my nature - I over think EVERYTHING - but I find it hard to believe schemers dont at least consider the possible outcomes of their actions.

I don't believe Corrine was capable of rational thought by the time she decided to leave France. She'd already been phone stalking Gideon, the divorce from JFG was underway -- and she called Gideon on a Saturday night from what would have been the middle of the night over in France to tell him she was about to hop on a plane.

THEN she found out Gideon had a new woman in his life, one he obviously had fallen for fast. Further crank up the crazy.

As for JFG impregnating her, one scenario I have is that the divorce actually had been going on for some time, and perhaps he made some last ditch effort to try to win her back. Managed to even get her to let him make love to her -- and perhaps that turned into a mercy f*** on her part. Last time they had sex -- but unfortunately for her, she conceived.

Who knows .... one of the things I love about this forum is the ability to spin different theories and bounce them off other equally as impassioned fans.

I don't believe Corrine was capable of rational thought by the time she decided to leave France. She'd already been phone stalking Gideon, the divorce from JFG was underway -- and she called Gideon on a Saturday night from what would have been the middle of the night over in France to tell him she was about to hop on a plane.

THEN she found out Gideon had a new woman in his life, one he obviously had fallen for fast. Further crank up the crazy.

As for JFG impregnating her, one scenario I have is that the divorce actually had been going on for some time, and perhaps he made some last ditch effort to try to win her back. Managed to even get her to let him make love to her -- and perhaps that turned into a mercy f*** on her part. Last time they had sex -- but unfortunately for her, she conceived.

Who knows .... one of the things I love about this forum is the ability to spin different theories and bounce them off other equally as impassioned fans.

I am loving these forums, I never thought of some of the thoughts you ladies have, but when I read them I think WOW I see that now.

Good point. I hadnt thought of that scenario for how she got pregnant and I agree its plausible. Though, something about JFG's anger towards Gideon makes me believe this is a more recent break up, also the fact that he still seems somewhat hopeful that he might have a chance of winning Corinne back. If they were several months into a divorce I imagine he might have been more resigned to the fact he had lost her and have started to move on.

I disagree however, that Corinne was incapable of rational thought by the time she left France. All of her interactions with Eva, namely the 2 times she tried to convince her she'd been F(&^*** Gideon, she had very little time on both of those occasions to think about how to act, and yet she took advantage of both occasions in a very calculated way to make Eva jealous. Both times she makes a lightning fast decision to turn the situation to her advantage and can think clearly enough to formulate a plan almost instantly. That doesn't strike me as irrational, desperate maybe but not irrational.

I must say I am really enjoying discussing and learning others views and ideas. Its great reading other peoples take on certain scenes and opens up a different way of thinking that may not have occurred.

Hi Rogue,

I'm not saying Corrine could get Gideon actually might have accomplished getting Gideon to the altar that fast (by week 12). The woman was pulling crazy desperate stuff. But I could see her trying.

Especially if Corrine's divorce back in France was on the verge of being finalized. We know from what Magdalene said about them getting divorced that the proceedings themselves were underway. I'm wondering whether Corrine was still based in France as the summer started was so she could be immediately available for court hearings and for signing necessary documents. To do whatever she could to speed things along as quickly as possible.

But if -- IF -- she was trying to play the Gideon-knocked-her-up card, she needed to move things along in New York as fast as possible too. Have him ready to elope with her the instant the ink dried on her divorce decree. With each passing week, she got closer and closer and closer to starting to "show" -- that'd be a dead giveaway she was months into a pregnancy, not weeks.

I still go back and forth on whether she knew she was in early pregnancy when she suddenly decided to call upon Gideon to get her settled in New York as fast as possible. When she made that decision, she booked her flight and called up Gideon to say essentially "I'm on my way, meet me at the airport." THAT'S when Corrine found out Gideon had just fallen for a new woman he met that very week. Eva wasn't the initial trigger for the move -- something else made Corrine throw caution to the wind and start stalking Gideon in New York itself.

If she did know she was carrying JFG's baby, I think she had no intention whatsoever of going through with the pregnancy. Bearing JFG's child would greatly lessen her desperate move to become Mrs. Gideon Cross. I think she planned to bail out of the pregnancy as soon as it served it's purpose -- thus taking medication didn't matter. She wasn't going to go through with carrying the baby anyway, so possible birth defects were a non-issue.

Hello Ladies~

When I read that Corinne was pregnant, I then thought that was what had pushed her to return to New York, and to get Gideon back!  We know that she is still in love with Gideon through her own omission and I think she had always hoped to get him back. It sounds to me like she married JFG with the hopes that Gideon would become jealous and want her back. My guess is Corinne was waiting for Gideon to realize he was in love with her and would eventually come for her. (we all know that would never happen) When she realized she was pregnant that changed everything, first if she had a baby in France, I don't know what the legality would be of moving to the USA with the baby if she divorced JFG.  Second, she doesn't know if Gideon would want to be with her if she was pregnant with another man's baby. So I think she became desperate to get Gideon back and into bed so she could say he was the father. I would love to know if she tried to seduce him and get him into bed?  Just my thoughts....LOL

But because we know that backfired on her, he was actually relieved she broke the engagement.

Good point. I hadnt thought of that scenario for how she got pregnant and I agree its plausible. Though, something about JFG's anger towards Gideon makes me believe this is a more recent break up, also the fact that he still seems somewhat hopeful that he might have a chance of winning Corinne back. If they were several months into a divorce I imagine he might have been more resigned to the fact he had lost her and have started to move on.

I disagree however, that Corinne was incapable of rational thought by the time she left France. All of her interactions with Eva, namely the 2 times she tried to convince her she'd been F(&^*** Gideon, she had very little time on both of those occasions to think about how to act, and yet she took advantage of both occasions in a very calculated way to make Eva jealous. Both times she makes a lightning fast decision to turn the situation to her advantage and can think clearly enough to formulate a plan almost instantly. That doesn't strike me as irrational, desperate maybe but not irrational.

I must say I am really enjoying discussing and learning others views and ideas. Its great reading other peoples take on certain scenes and opens up a different way of thinking that may not have occurred.

When she was f%%ing JFG, the face was Gideon.   You never know.   Some women are very desperate.   They go at great lengths.   Gideon was the one who away.   I love reading the forum too.

My guess is what really infuriated JFG was seeing pictures of Gideon "dating" Corrine and reading all sorts of wild stories that Gideon and Corrine were reunited.

I wonder whether he has originally been placing the blame for his marriage failing where it belonged -- with Corrine holding a torch for Gideon. But now, suddenly, JFG was shifting the blame to Gideon. Could it be that Gideon had been wrecking the Giroux marriage from afar in order to lure Corrine back?

Deanna believed that Gideon used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to come running back to him. Why wouldn't some other people also assume that to be the case -- including JFG? In which case, he'd look at Gideon as a manipulative homewrecker.

The biggest issue I have with believing Corinne is several months into divorce proceedings is that, she has been holding a candle for Gideon all these years, she has finally decided to end her marriage and try to get him back. If that's her priority, every minute she spends away from him is a minute he might meet someone else. The impression I always got from the first 2 books was that she immediately ran to Gideon when her marriage ended.

It's not like she needs to have the divorce finalised before she can start dating Gideon again. Plenty of people divorce while residing in different countries and it wouldn't have required that many trips to finalise.

My guess is what really infuriated JFG was seeing pictures of Gideon "dating" Corrine and reading all sorts of wild stories that Gideon and Corrine were reunited.

I wonder whether he has originally been placing the blame for his marriage failing where it belonged -- with Corrine holding a torch for Gideon. But now, suddenly, JFG was shifting the blame to Gideon. Could it be that Gideon had been wrecking the Giroux marriage from afar in order to lure Corrine back?

Deanna believed that Gideon used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to come running back to him. Why wouldn't some other people also assume that to be the case -- including JFG? In which case, he'd look at Gideon as a manipulative homewrecker.

I see what you mean, and I agree thats probably whats going on in JFG's head before he meets Eva. However, once he sees Gideon & Eva together, he acknowledges to Eva that Gideon is different with her. At this point its likely he shifted the blame back to where it belonged - his wife. Between his interactions with Gideon & Eva he likely realises Corinne is the one causing problems because they both seem solid. He won't acknowledge this to himself for a while though now Corinne has lost the baby. It's easier to blame Gideon than accept both Corinne and his own failures in this sad tale.

I see what you mean, and I agree thats probably whats going on in JFG's head before he meets Eva. However, once he sees Gideon & Eva together, he acknowledges to Eva that Gideon is different with her. At this point its likely he shifted the blame back to where it belonged - his wife. Between his interactions with Gideon & Eva he likely realises Corinne is the one causing problems because they both seem solid. He won't acknowledge this to himself for a while though now Corinne has lost the baby. It's easier to blame Gideon than accept both Corinne and his own failures in this sad tale.

JFG is right to be angry at Gideon for having given Corrine false hopes. Gideon allowed him and Corrine to repeatedly be photographed together under circumstances that would lead anyone to believe there was something going on between them -- and never once did Gideon publicly deny all the rumors. Gideon himself admitted he let even Corrine herself draw her own conclusions it's possible they were headed toward couplehood. He obviously allowed people all around them to draw the same conclusions -- including possibly JFG's own in-laws.

For his own desperate reasons, Gideon manipulated Corrine into playing a certain role -- and in doing so, fed her craziness.  Then without warning, he yanked the rug out from under her feet and started avoiding her as much as possible. Mr. Clueless yet again totally underestimating how much women read into his actions -- good and bad -- from Anne Lucas to Deanna Johnson to Eva herself.

JFG is right to be angry at Gideon for having given Corrine false hopes. Gideon allowed him and Corrine to repeatedly be photographed together under circumstances that would lead anyone to believe there was something going on between them -- and never once did Gideon publicly deny all the rumors. Gideon himself admitted he let even Corrine herself draw her own conclusions it's possible they were headed toward couplehood. He obviously allowed people all around them to draw the same conclusions -- including possibly JFG's own in-laws.

For his own desperate reasons, Gideon manipulated Corrine into playing a certain role -- and in doing so, fed her craziness.  Then without warning, he yanked the rug out from under her feet and started avoiding her as much as possible. Mr. Clueless yet again totally underestimating how much women read into his actions -- good and bad -- from Anne Lucas to Deanna Johnson to Eva herself.

JFG did say to Eva that Gideon used Corinne to get Eva back. I would have to check which page

I have always felt that when Corinne said that about Gideon being so possessive of poor scared little her, she was either lying through her teeth, or at best wishfully thinking. She was saying it to get to Eva. I also don't believe he started that dominant sex toy stuff till after she was out of the picture. I don't think he would have enjoyed that kind of scene with her. He was relieved Corinne was gone, but he needed some form of activity in her place - and he really needed to feel in control of his sexual feelings. And I'm sure he didn't want to get involved with some other clingy demanding passive aggressive girlfriend. Not to speak unkindly about Corinne, though :)

For his own desperate reasons, Gideon manipulated Corrine into playing a certain role -- and in doing so, fed her craziness. Then without warning, he yanked the rug out from under her feet and started avoiding her as much as possible. Mr. Clueless yet again totally underestimating how much women read into his actions -- good and bad -- from Anne Lucas to Deanna Johnson to Eva herself.

Totally agree, JFG has every right to be mad at Gideon for his actions here. What I meant was him believing that Gideon had been manipulating Corinne to return to NY and being angry with him for that. A simple google search would have told him that Gideon was involved with Eva before Corinne showed up in NY so he was hardly trying to woo her away from her marriage and back to him. In that matter Gideon is not the one to blame - Corinne is.

The biggest issue I have with believing Corinne is several months into divorce proceedings is that, she has been holding a candle for Gideon all these years, she has finally decided to end her marriage and try to get him back. If that's her priority, every minute she spends away from him is a minute he might meet someone else. The impression I always got from the first 2 books was that she immediately ran to Gideon when her marriage ended.

It's not like she needs to have the divorce finalised before she can start dating Gideon again. Plenty of people divorce while residing in different countries and it wouldn't have required that many trips to finalise.

I felt it was when Gideon was seen with Eva, Corrine realised that she still loved Gideon and probably her marriage was not doing to good before that and this made her come back to the USA.  I think deep down Corrine thought that as soon as Gideon saw her again he would dump Eva and want her back, I think she felt she had that strong a hold on him as he never married after she left him.

Totally agree, JFG has every right to be mad at Gideon for his actions here. What I meant was him believing that Gideon had been manipulating Corinne to return to NY and being angry with him for that. A simple google search would have told him that Gideon was involved with Eva before Corinne showed up in NY so he was hardly trying to woo her away from her marriage and back to him. In that matter Gideon is not the one to blame - Corinne is.

I did not get that Gideon had anything to do with Corrine coming back to NY I felt it was all Corrine, yes Gideon probably spoke to her and helped her out when she was having problems with the marriage but I don't think he intentionally tried to get Corrine back to NY, I think she did that by herself.

I don't think Gideon was wrecking the marriage from afar, he only talking to Corrine, he never promised her anything, Corrine did all this by herself :)

I felt it was when Gideon was seen with Eva, Corrine realised that she still loved Gideon and probably her marriage was not doing to good before that and this made her come back to the USA. I think deep down Corrine thought that as soon as Gideon saw her again he would dump Eva and want her back, I think she felt she had that strong a hold on him as he never married after she left him.

The first night Gideon and Eva are seen in public together, Corinne rings Gideon from France to say her marriage is over and to ask for his help getting settled in NY. The pictures of Gideon and Eva wouldn't have been online until the next day, therefore Eva is not the reason Corinne decided to end her marriage and come back and fight for Gideon. That decision was made before she learnt of Eva's existance.

The first night Gideon and Eva are seen in public together, Corinne rings Gideon from France to say her marriage is over and to ask for his help getting settled in NY. The pictures of Gideon and Eva wouldn't have been online until the next day, therefore Eva is not the reason Corinne decided to end her marriage and come back and fight for Gideon. That decision was made before she learnt of Eva's existance.

The timing may be too tight for this, but I've always wondered if magdalene was the one who let Corinne know there was a rival on the horizon. Of course this wouldn't have helped Maggie's situation with regard to catching Gideon. She may seem or be nice, but I think she's still a manipulator. What else did she have to do, besides lunch?

I have always felt that when Corinne said that about Gideon being so possessive of poor scared little her, she was either lying through her teeth, or at best wishfully thinking. She was saying it to get to Eva. I also don't believe he started that dominant sex toy stuff till after she was out of the picture. I don't think he would have enjoyed that kind of scene with her. He was relieved Corinne was gone, but he needed some form of activity in her place - and he really needed to feel in control of his sexual feelings. And I'm sure he didn't want to get involved with some other clingy demanding passive aggressive girlfriend. Not to speak unkindly about Corinne, though :)

Given that Corrine was the one to seduce Gideon and all along was the person attempting to deepen the commitment level, I can see Corrine as the one who first introduced Gideon to, shall we say, kinkier stuff in the bedroom (er, make that hotel room). Figuring out his need for control, did she start encouraging fantasies, not unlike Eva encouraged fantasies years later? Eva talked Gideon into accepting a blow job in his office the first week of their relationship. 

Corrine has proven herself capable of desperate measures -- desperate even all those years ago, by trying to manipulate Gideon into marriage. I can see her trying to manipulate Gideon sexually, having discovered his "weakness" of the perceived need to be in control. No wonder Gideon told Eva he refused to be topped, even from the bottom. Maybe he figured out being topped by Corrine years ago was one of the major problems in the sexual area of their relationship. Outside the bedroom, Corrine pretty much called the shots in the relationship, while Gideon just went along with it.

Given that Corrine was the one to seduce Gideon and all along was the person attempting to deepen the commitment level, I can see Corrine as the one who first introduced Gideon to, shall we say, kinkier stuff in the bedroom (er, make that hotel room). Figuring out his need for control, did she start encouraging fantasies, not unlike Eva encouraged fantasies years later? Eva talked Gideon into accepting a blow job in his office the first week of their relationship. 

Corrine has proven herself capable of desperate measures -- desperate even all those years ago, by trying to manipulate Gideon into marriage. I can see her trying to manipulate Gideon sexually, having discovered his "weakness" of the perceived need to be in control. No wonder Gideon told Eva he refused to be topped, even from the bottom. Maybe he figured out being topped by Corrine years ago was one of the major problems in the sexual area of their relationship. Outside the bedroom, Corrine pretty much called the shots in the relationship, while Gideon just went along with it.

I agree-it did seem like she was calling some of the shots desperately trying to move the relationship to get down the aisle.

p.s. I don't think I've ever met a man who had to be talked into getting a blow job :o