Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My next question is Why did Eva say YES..?

" I was still dizzy when he groaned and said , "Marry Me." But that wasn't why I said, "Yes."?

that also made me think, but I then thought maybe it was because she felt deep down that he would not leave her and he would do anything for her especially after what they had been through 

She's saying being dizzy didn't make her say yes..! But she didn't explain what made her say yes, as she goes on to say why it's to soon and although she does do it, when the words "marry me" came out of his mouth what was going on in her head that made her say yes.?

I'm wondering the same thing but Eva knows she's Gideon's safe place and she does love him and knew they would get married.

Maybe she said yes because of what happened in the plane -- by lowering his ultimate sexual defenses and trusting her, he proved he was capable of being able to open up.

His pattern of shutting her out, present from day one of their relationship, had been the real dealbreaker, not Corrine (Corrine was just the last straw.) When she did get back together with Gideon, she still (rightly so) was afraid he'd go back to shutting her out again, making it impossible for them to work out after all -- would have broken her heart all over again.

He proved he is ready and able to change, and I think that's what made her finally ready to marry him.

Maybe she said yes because of what happened in the plane -- by lowering his ultimate sexual defenses and trusting her, he proved he was capable of being able to open up.

His pattern of shutting her out, present from day one of their relationship, had been the real dealbreaker, not Corrine (Corrine was just the last straw.) When she did get back together with Gideon, she still (rightly so) was afraid he'd go back to shutting her out again, making it impossible for them to work out after all -- would have broken her heart all over again.

He proved he is ready and able to change, and I think that's what made her finally ready to marry him.

Do you think, by what happened in the plane, it was her way of healing him, like he did with her in the library. Trying to erase all the bad memories, replacing them with good ones? That was one emotionally charged chapter. I was like WOW!

It's more it..!! Oh course she thought he shut down but something else was going on in that head of hers..!

Hmmm... questions for Sylvia....

Did Nathan's murder really go down the way Detective Grave's told Eva?  We know she was right about Gideon's alibi, but still don't know if that's really how it went down.

Can you PLEASE ship Corrine off to parts unknown?  Oh and throw Brett, the Lucas', Deanna, and Tatiana off the ship too... :)  I will say that I actually liked Brett, but Eva told him flat out that she loves Gideon.  He still pushes after that and even talks about getting inside her, etc.  JERK

Will we get to "hear" the recorded conversation between Gideon and Victor?  Something fishy there... Victor thought Gideon was cheating on Eva and then BAM, he gives his blessings for a proposal?  It makes me wonder if Victor knows what Gideon did to protect Eva.  Hmmm... my mind runs in circles thinking about this!

Will we get to know more about Angus in 4 & 5?  I like him.  :)

Hmmm... questions for Sylvia....

Did Nathan's murder really go down the way Detective Grave's told Eva?  We know she was right about Gideon's alibi, but still don't know if that's really how it went down.

Can you PLEASE ship Corrine off to parts unknown?  Oh and throw Brett, the Lucas', Deanna, and Tatiana off the ship too... :)  I will say that I actually liked Brett, but Eva told him flat out that she loves Gideon.  He still pushes after that and even talks about getting inside her, etc.  JERK

Will we get to "hear" the recorded conversation between Gideon and Victor?  Something fishy there... Victor thought Gideon was cheating on Eva and then BAM, he gives his blessings for a proposal?  It makes me wonder if Victor knows what Gideon did to protect Eva.  Hmmm... my mind runs in circles thinking about this!

Will we get to know more about Angus in 4 & 5?  I like him.  :)

No the question I was thinking about from the start,,, before we were allowed to talk about it was the whole Russian mob/Nathan conection...that really didnt play into Graves explanation...the detectives really had no idea about that...as I said in the pre spoiler time I think that this is going to be a key element in book 4,,,that tie in

No the question I was thinking about from the start,,, before we were allowed to talk about it was the whole Russian mob/Nathan conection...that really didnt play into Graves explanation...the detectives really had no idea about that...as I said in the pre spoiler time I think that this is going to be a key element in book 4,,,that tie in

I was only asking about how Gideon killed Nathan. The Russian thing didn't happen till after. I don't think Nathan was connected to them at all. I think all the photos and bracelet were planted with that guy to give the cops a dead murderer to close the case.

I was only asking about how Gideon killed Nathan. The Russian thing didn't happen till after. I don't think Nathan was connected to them at all. I think all the photos and bracelet were planted with that guy to give the cops a dead murderer to close the case.

I too am interested in the details of exactly how Gideon pulled off the killing -- from how he got into Nathan's room to how he got away and disposed of the weapon. I've got some theories, including that he had help, but still no answers on precisely what went down.

I feel more than ever now, though, that Gideon did have an accomplice -- that is, had someone directly assisted him the night of the killing. And it was that accomplice who later returned to the crime scene without Gideon's knowledge -- taking the bracelet off Nathan's dead body and stealing stalking photos of Eva from the hotel room. That person then framed the gangster.

Clancy? As the brother of an FBI agent, it's possible for him to learn inside information about organized criminals. Angus? As former MI6, he likely had inside information about Russians.

Mind you, I still think that the actual killing itself was mano a mano -- Gideon and Nathan alone in that room, with Gideon saying the actual words he later repeated in a nightmare -- Nathan wasn't ever going to touch Eva again.

But it's obvious to me, too, that someone knew that very night what Gideon did -- someone who later entered the crime scene to get that bracelet plus stalker pictures of Eva from the collection Nathan had in the room (the cops later found all sorts of pictures in that room.) 

Clancy? As the brother of an FBI agent, it's possible for him to learn inside information about organized criminals. Angus? As former MI6, he likely had inside information about Russians.

This would protect Gideon, If true, unless someone was doing it to get one over on Gideon, expecting something in return. This would take a dark path again. :(

This would protect Gideon, If true, unless someone was doing it to get one over on Gideon, expecting something in return. This would take a dark path again. :(

Oh I think it definitely was someone looking to protect Gideon -- and we'll ultimately learn who.

I found it odd that he'd supposedly asked Raul to start investigating the bracelet thing, not Angus. 

Oh I think it definitely was someone looking to protect Gideon -- and we'll ultimately learn who.

I found it odd that he'd supposedly asked Raul to start investigating the bracelet thing, not Angus.

I wondered about Raul being the one looking into it too, but then I realized... That's when they are getting married and Gideon would rather have Angus there for that. I also think that's why he had Angus following Eva around during Reflected. Angus is his #2 and he trusts him more than anyone else.

I do think Angus was involved, to some extent, because the only time Raul showed up for Eva instead of Angus was the day after Nathan's murder.

If it was Clancy then this would also put into question Stanton's involvement in Nathan's killing.

Heck I wouldn't put it past them to all have been involved. We have Clancy and the FBI, and Angus and MI6. All we need is James Bond to go with the DB9!!

My theory is Angus had a hand in the killing itself, including helping to whisk Gideon away from the scene and dispose of the weapon while Gideon as quickly as possible went back to party hotel in order to continue maintaining his alibi. Thus Gideon has immediately crossed Angus of the list of people who tampered with evidence (stealing stuff from the crime scene to later plant on the gangster).

Eva's gut says Angus, and I think Eva might be right, because Eva is a pretty intuitive woman (when not blinded by her raging insecurities).

• Eva figured out from the get-go that Gideon had to have f****** Deanna and treated Deanna coldly afterward -- that was precisely why Deanna was looking to hurt Gideon by enlisting another woman (Eva) who Gideon supposedly had used and then mistreated.
  • Eva also figured out Corrine actually was crazy over Gideon -- literally crazy as in stalking him and being a nutjob. Eva figured that out during the sole rational conversation she had with Gideon about Corrine, the one where Gideon explained that Corrine had been calling him daily. Unfortunately, the next day the nooner stunt, and then Gideon's later "dating" Corrine convinced Eva that she (Eva) was the crazy one, crazy for ever thinking Gideon loved her (Eva). Eva's own severely triggered insecurities blinded her to the fact that Corrine was, all along, crazy.

My theory is Angus had a hand in the killing itself, including helping to whisk Gideon away from the scene and dispose of the weapon while Gideon as quickly as possible went back to party hotel in order to continue maintaining his alibi. Thus Gideon has immediately crossed Angus of the list of people who tampered with evidence (stealing stuff from the crime scene to later plant on the gangster).

Eva's gut says Angus, and I think Eva might be right, because Eva is a pretty intuitive woman (when not blinded by her raging insecurities).

• Eva figured out from the get-go that Gideon had to have f****** Deanna and treated Deanna coldly afterward -- that was precisely why Deanna was looking to hurt Gideon by enlisting another woman (Eva) who Gideon supposedly had used and then mistreated.
  • Eva also figured out Corrine actually was crazy over Gideon -- literally crazy as in stalking him and being a nutjob. Eva figured that out during the sole rational conversation she had with Gideon about Corrine, the one where Gideon explained that Corrine had been calling him daily. Unfortunately, the next day the nooner stunt, and then Gideon's later "dating" Corrine convinced Eva that she (Eva) was the crazy one, crazy for ever thinking Gideon loved her (Eva). Eva's own severely triggered insecurities blinded her to the fact that Corrine was, all along, crazy.
I agree with you about Angus. Gideon trusts him implicitly. Doing what Angus did, he probably gave Gideon tips.

Here's a copy-and-paste of what she posted to Facebook:

An update on the release of Book #4: To avoid what happened with the shuffling of REFLECTED IN YOU's release date, we're going to refrain from announcing a date until the book is in production and everything is Set. In. Stone. You've seen something like this recently with the release of Dan Brown's INFERNO. It was announced in mid-January and in readers hands mid-May. (I am to have the turnaround timeline a bit quicker than that!) As always, I'll keep you updated every step of the way. For now, I'm still working on addressing everything that went wrong previously and some things aren't yet finalized. THANK YOU for your patience (and impatience) and support!