One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

You know that when GidEva reunite and start to really LIVE ; meaning when they don't have to hide anymore they will be the darlings of the paparazzi!! There will at least be one glam function a week not to mention all the other events they get invited to...yes Corinne will definitely have a bitter pill to swallow in years to come. Hopefully she can patch things up with her rich husband or she will be a really bitter woman...

I can only feel pity for her; and for her husband, too.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea the toolbar doesn't show up on the ipad I noticed that last night. Im on my mac now so that's why I can see it. Ok then i'll make you a list of what you have to type to see them then! try doing the one with the glasses by typing capital B and ) together see if that works from the ipad.

Thank you though :D

Another funny expression for the same thing I've run across in some English publications is "dangly bits"". Very expressive!

I busted out laughing at "dangly bits" I seriously doubt a guy would want his junk called that. :D

Terrific!!! :lol:

Something strange happened...  the smiley I chose can't be seen in the post , but there it is in my quote. I'll give it another try.

:blink: HA!! There it goes!

thank you thank you thank you!

Ladies I just realized we havent had our daily dose of HC! No wonder i've been feeling like I'm missing something! anyways here it is :)

henry-cavill-440.jpg

Much needed and even much more appreciated!!! :wub:

You are a treasure

Hi everyone. I have a question for the legal eagles...

If the police / prosecution decide they don't have enough evidence to charge Gideon because of a lack of motive or the strength of his alibi... the case will remain open correct? And if so, what's to stop them pursuing it again if Eva & Gideon were to get back together shortly after they drop the case?

Surely that would just increase their case that Gideon did indeed have motive?

How long would Eva & Gideon have to wait before getting back together (publicly) without fear of this?

Would it depend on the public circumstances ie why Gideon & Corinne broke up? What I mean is if Gideon were the 1 to publicly dump Corinne would that make the police more suspicious & give them a reason to reopen their case against him?

I shall think up some more for you. Teaching you the wrong sort of English. Heehehee :)

"Wrong English"? there's no such thing on this earth!!! I love your language, literature, history (and your countrymen, too!!) so much that it's really a treat when I can widen my knowledge in any of those areas. I missed my "English side" soooo much!

Therefore, GO AHEAD... let's see whether my cheecks blush!!!!! :lol:  

Personally I think Gideon didn't look at Eva because his true feelings would show.  He couldn't play the part he needed to play.  Also, I think seeing her pain would have made it difficult for him to continue with his plan.  Again, I think these "missteps" go back to Gideon's inability to communication

I agree---I think that if Gideon looked at Eva during that meeting---he would have broke down..

Page 255:

"He was pointedly ignoring me, had been from the moment I walked into the Cross Industries conference room aside from the cursory handshake when Mr. Waters introduced us....Gideon hadn't seemed to register the contact at all, his gaze trained above my head as he'd said. 'Miss Tramell.'

Gideon couldn't bear to look at Eva..

HI LN! :)

as the old saying goes "You've made your bed, now you'll have to lie in it" (did I get it right?)

You got it right, Gabri!

And with Corrine, it's her own bed she'll lie in -- not Gideon's, not ever. She won't even get through his front door let alone into his bedroom. And Eva didn't fall for that trick about Gideon supposedly being in Corrine's bed that morning, either.

HAH!

:D glad to help! I purposely post the more Gideon-esque pictures of HC lol 

By the way, where did you get those wonderful pics from? I searched Google Images but I wasn't able to paste any of the pick I had chosen because of copyright or wrong extension.

By the way, where did you get those wonderful pics from? I searched Google Images but I wasn't able to paste any of the pick I had chosen because of copyright or wrong extension.

I got them from google images! Just right click the image and click open in a new tab until all you see is the picture on your screen, then copy the URL, then go to the toolbar you see when posting and on the last row you'll see like a little picture click on it and paste the URL and when posting you'll see the picture!

I'm not sure anyone would have really noticed besides Mark. He was still an Arse towards her. But i do think he was afraid of looking at her because of the emotion he would show.

I agree, he was probably afraid to look at her. Afraid he wouldn't be able to follow through with his hasty plan to protect her.

You got it right, Gabri!

And with Corrine, it's her own bed she'll lie in -- not Gideon's, not ever. She won't even get through his front door let alone into his bedroom. And Eva didn't fall for that trick about Gideon supposedly being in Corrine's bed that morning, either.

HAH!

I'm really glad Eva was able to see past her bluff when she went to her apartment!

Hi everyone. I have a question for the legal eagles...

If the police / prosecution decide they don't have enough evidence to charge Gideon because of a lack of motive or the strength of his alibi... the case will remain open correct? And if so, what's to stop them pursuing it again if Eva & Gideon were to get back together shortly after they drop the case?

Surely that would just increase their case that Gideon did indeed have motive?

How long would Eva & Gideon have to wait before getting back together (publicly) without fear of this?

Would it depend on the public circumstances ie why Gideon & Corinne broke up? What I mean is if Gideon were the 1 to publicly dump Corinne would that make the police more suspicious & give them a reason to reopen their case against him?

Hi Rogue,

I can answer the first question, about the possible status of the murder case (I used to be a journalist specializing in the court beat.) 

As for everything else, it could go a number of different ways. I've got my pet theories, but we're only days away from the one set of ideas that count - the one's in author Sylvia Day's head.

• Unless and until police make an arrest, a criminal case is considered "unsolved." So it remains an "open" investigation that theoretically, police could continue to investigate sometime in the future, looking for more evidence.
  • For most crimes, a case cannot remain open forever though. After a certain number of years pass (this varies) the so-called "statute of limitations" runs out. Once the time has run out, it's no longer possible to charge someone. So the case is over forever.
  • However, there is no statute of limitations for murder cases. There's no deadline by which the cops either have to make an arrest or close the case -- technically the case can stay open for decades as investigators hope for new evidence.
  • In actual practice, though, unless the police have enough evidence to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt to a jury, the police and prosecution are leery about arresting someone. Because they get only one shot to win a trial -- and if the prosecution loses, the defendant cannot ever be charged again. Defense lawyers can appeal guilty verdicts against their clients, but prosecutors cannot appeal not-guilty verdicts. The U.S. Constitution forbids it.

That said, the only 100% sure way for the case against Gideon to go away would be if a jury found him not guilty because the prosecution could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt he killed Nathan.

The real-world way it likely would go away, though, is that the prosecution lacks enough evidence to win a trial so they'll decide to not even charge him. Plenty of real-world cases actually end this way -- the authorities know who committed the crime but cannot prove it to a jury.

My theory is the prosecution will lose the ability to use it's most important evidence against Gideon -- his motive -- because the police (Detective Graves) gathered it by violating someone's legal rights (Eva's - Graves questioned Eva without her lawyer present despite the fact Eva clearly invoked her right to have a lawyer.) If that evidence becomes "inadmissible" it cannot ever be used. What's more, the illegally obtained evidence can sometimes poison other new evidence, making it inadmissible too. And if the most important evidence is gone forever, what'll be left won't be enough to win a trial. So Gideon will go free.

You got it right, Gabri!

HAH!

Right so! It's "your bed",  not "his bed"!!!

I loved that moment so much. I would have liked to see Corinne's reaction to our New Eva.  It's a hard truth Corinne must cope with: Eva has seen through her (Corinne's) mean scheming and, worse of all, is telling her "You're never going to have him the way you want.... I'm sorry for you, I really am." No slap in the face could ever hurt more!!!

I got them from google images! Just right click the image and click open in a new tab until all you see is the picture on your screen, then copy the URL, then go to the toolbar you see when posting and on the last row you'll see like a little picture click on it and paste the URL and when posting you'll see the picture!

Thank you! I knew I was doing it wrong.... it's 2.30 in the morning and I'm a little sleepy. I'll sure try it again tomorrow! -_- zzzzzzz