One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Basically he is emotionally retarded. He abused Eva emotionally, Corinne to some extent, the brunettes he f*cked, he was as Deanna called him the Iceman.

Whatever happened to him as a child, has up to now scarred him. Hopefully Eva chipping away at him, will make him a better person.

Well, EMOTIONALLY RETARDED, SUFFERED A PERSONALITY TRANSPLANT,  CHARGED OF BEING A NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH...... it's a miracle to me he's still alive!!! :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically he is emotionally retarded. He abused Eva emotionally, Corinne to some extent, the brunettes he f*cked, he was as Deanna called him the Iceman.

Whatever happened to him as a child, has up to now scarred him. Hopefully Eva chipping away at him, will make him a better person.

Certainly, his deliberate manipulations of Eva had the cumulative effect of abuse -- most especially the way he treated in that meeting hours before he took down Nathan. Gideon having blown her off repeatedly and publicly spending time with Corrine was bad enough, but how he treated her to her face in front of other people during an important work meeting was downright cruel.

Honestly, Eva ought to have uninvited him to dinner with her Dad and kicked him to the curb that day. Instead, she chose a viable option of trying to deal with it after work with him in their regularly-scheduled weekly session with Dr. Petersen -- a session Gideon blew off for obvious reasons (out partying with Corrine and in position to take Nathan down.)

He's lying by omission to Corrine and is coldly using her -- using her in front of the world, no less. He's a major celebrity, so after it's over, the end of the relationship is going to publicly haunt her even if she returns to Europe. I almost feel sorry for her -- ALMOST. She too manipulated Eva -- maliciously did so for very selfish reasons, to destroy the new relationship Gideon had with Eva so that the way would be clear for Corrine to chase Gideon down the second time in his life, this time dragging him to the altar.

Gideon fooling Corrine, through his actions, that she's really more than a friend, and Gideon letting the world think he and Corrine are fully back together (i.e. sexually) is karmic justice for Corrine having tried to fool Eva that she (Corrine) and Gideon were more than just friends. 

Well, EMOTIONALLY RETARDED, SUFFERED A PERSONALITY TRANSPLANT,  CHARGED OF BEING A NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH...... it's a miracle to me he's still alive!!! :)

Are we shouting from Italy ? Lol :) heeheehee

Well if we're gonna shout out, I'm yellIing GIDEON - YOU CAN BE SUCH AN IDIOT SOMETIMES!!!!

He is really emotionally clueless.

He doesn't pay attention to both Eva's and his own emotions. Those devastating nightmarse were bound to haunt his nights

Certainly, his deliberate manipulations of Eva had the cumulative effect of abuse -- most especially the way he treated in that meeting hours before he took down Nathan. Gideon having blown her off repeatedly and publicly spending time with Corrine was bad enough, but how he treated her to her face in front of other people during an important work meeting was downright cruel.

Honestly, Eva ought to have uninvited him to dinner with her Dad and kicked him to the curb that day. Instead, she chose a viable option of trying to deal with it after work with him in their regularly-scheduled weekly session with Dr. Petersen -- a session Gideon blew off for obvious reasons (out partying with Corrine and in position to take Nathan down.)

He's lying by omission to Corrine and is coldly using her -- using her in front of the world, no less. He's a major celebrity, so after it's over, the end of the relationship is going to publicly haunt her even if she returns to Europe. I almost feel sorry for her -- ALMOST. She too manipulated Eva -- maliciously did so for very selfish reasons, to destroy the new relationship Gideon had with Eva so that the way would be clear for Corrine to chase Gideon down the second time in his life, this time dragging him to the altar.

Gideon fooling Corrine, through his actions, that she's really more than a friend, and Gideon letting the world think he and Corrine are fully back together (i.e. sexually) is karmic justice for Corrine having tried to fool Eva that she (Corrine) and Gideon were more than just friends.

I've just had a mental vision of Gideon lassoed and branded, being dragged by horse to the altar, by Corinne. OMG!

I have to agree that this is the hardest chapter to read. 

I just cry crocodile tears for Eva every time I read this but I also cry for Gideon.  I agree that he went about his plan the wrong way, and he should have confided in Eva so they could come up with a joint plan, but this man is so out of his element.  Gideon loves Eva and needs to protect her.  It must have kept him up at night to think that Nathan brutally beat Cary. Not only that Gideon knew Nathan would be gunning for Eva soon and, most likely rape her again before killing her.  He did what he always did he took control and came up with a plan on his own and acted on it.

Are we shouting from Italy ? Lol :) heeheehee

Sorry, not shouting really. Just pointing out. :)

Personally I think Gideon didn't look at Eva because his true feelings would show.  He couldn't play the part he needed to play.  Also, I think seeing her pain would have made it difficult for him to continue with his plan.  Again, I think these "missteps" go back to Gideon's inability to communication

Personally I think Gideon didn't look at Eva because his true feelings would show.  He couldn't play the part he needed to play.  Also, I think seeing her pain would have made it difficult for him to continue with his plan.  Again, I think these "missteps" go back to Gideon's inability to communication

DAHHHH he is the head of Cross Industries he should have just cancelled the meeting instead of putting her through that humiliation in front of her co-workers and others in the building because you know after everyone left that meeting they were already whispering about poor Eva... :(

DAHHHH he is the head of Cross Industries he should have just cancelled the meeting instead of putting her through that humiliation in front of her co-workers and others in the building because you know after everyone left that meeting they were already whispering about poor Eva... :(

Yep, just another girl to bed and discard. Oh. Gideon. :(

It was her boss's (Mark)nightmare that she would leave, because Gideon would use her like the rest of the women he f*cked.

But our girl overcame that hurdle. Thank goodness.

You're right but Eva didn't attend the last meeting maybe he thought she wouldn't attend this one.  (I know I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but I just don't think he was trying to humiliate Eva.

You're right but Eva didn't attend the last meeting maybe he thought she wouldn't attend this one.  (I know I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but I just don't think he was trying to humiliate Eva.

Yes he went about it all wrong. But hey, if he did it properly, we wouldn't have a story.

At the end of the day, all he cared about was Eva's safety. Her never having to fear Nathan's return, to terrorise her ever again.

She is his safe haven. Her safety is paramount.

Yes he went about it all wrong. But hey, if he did it properly, we wouldn't have a story.

At the end of the day, all he cared about was Eva's safety. Her never having to fear Nathan's return, to terrorise her ever again.

She is his safe haven. Her safety is paramount.

True and without the story we wouldn't be here theorizing. 

Agree - part of his not looking at her is he couldn't bear to see her face. Same reason why he left the lights off when he'd gone into her bedroom the night before -- and why he slipped away after she fell asleep instead of doing what she begged "stay"

But I think part of his reason for going through with the meeting was to start spreading gossip at the Crossfire that he and Eva no longer were a couple. I think he felt he had to be "seen" with Eva in public once that week, and here was for Mr. Control Freak a setting he could completely control - a meeting at Crossfire Industries. 

Lesser of two evils than having to feed gossip flames by slighting Eva in public somewhere staged for paparazzi pictures. Because Gideon was putting on quite a show as an insurance policy, should the cops decide to dig a little deeper than the party photo. 

Agree - part of his not looking at her is he couldn't bear to see her face. Same reason why he left the lights off when he'd gone into her bedroom the night before -- and why he slipped away after she fell asleep instead of doing what she begged "stay"

But I think part of his reason for going through with the meeting was to start spreading gossip at the Crossfire that he and Eva no longer were a couple. I think he felt he had to be "seen" with Eva in public once that week, and here was for Mr. Control Freak a setting he could completely control - a meeting at Crossfire Industries. 

Lesser of two evils than having to feed gossip flames by slighting Eva in public somewhere staged for paparazzi pictures. Because Gideon was putting on quite a show as an insurance policy, should the cops decide to dig a little deeper than the party photo. 

Eva's boss and the rest of the team, were basically Gideons alibi's. They would back him up if he police questioned them about Eva's and Gideons relationship or lack of it now. But at least it was in a private place. Poor woman.

Eva's boss and the rest of the team, were basically Gideons alibi's. They would back him up if he police questioned them about Eva's and Gideons relationship or lack of it now. But at least it was in a private place. Poor woman.

Actually, excellent point, Julie, one that just clicked with me -- by that afternoon, the alibi process needed to already be underway.

The cops didn't ask Eva (and Gideon) where they were Thursday night -- they asked her to tell them where she was Thursday.

Because time of death estimated the next day was going to be an educated guess with wiggle room of a couple of hours. They both needed to have all their time accounted for beyond just the 6-9 p.m. window of the party. The safest thing to do would be to account for Thursday starting in the afternoon and continuing into the wee hours of Friday morning.

Eva's entire day at the office could be accounted for by witnesses, as could Gideon's.

Eva was driven from work to Dr. Petersen's then from the doctor's office to home - witnesses able to account for her every move from Angus to the home nurse with Cary.

The question is, of course, Gideon's night -- we know only about the fact the party was held from 6-9. I think he left the office with driver Raul, picked up Corrine, went to the party, had Corrine driven home .... and then, what? Late business meeting? Too risky to go straight home alone yet. 

Actually, excellent point, Julie, one that just clicked with me -- by that afternoon, the alibi process needed to already be underway.

The cops didn't ask Eva (and Gideon) where they were Thursday night -- they asked her to tell them where she was Thursday.

Because time of death estimated the next day was going to be an educated guess with wiggle room of a couple of hours. They both needed to have all their time accounted for beyond just the 6-9 p.m. window of the party. The safest thing to do would be to account for Thursday starting in the afternoon and continuing into the wee hours of Friday morning.

Eva's entire day at the office could be accounted for by witnesses, as could Gideon's.

Eva was driven from work to Dr. Petersen's then from the doctor's office to home - witnesses able to account for her every move from Angus to the home nurse with Cary.

The question is, of course, Gideon's night -- we know only about the fact the party was held from 6-9. I think he left the office with driver Raul, picked up Corrine, went to the party, had Corrine driven home .... and then, what? Late business meeting? Too risky to go straight home alone yet.

We don't know what time Nathan was killed.

We're just guessing from what Graves says. We all assume it was Thursday evening, during party hours, give or take an hour.

See Gideons little ducks were in a row, he knocked them out of place, with his jealousy.

1. Cary was firmly convinced -- and told Eva as much -- that the stress her roller-coaster relationship with Gideon was causing her was directly responsible for the return of her own rape nightmares. She'd gone for two years without any Nathan nightmares -- but now they were back. My guess is the very same was true for Gideon -- the stress of having gone way out of his rigid comfort zone was triggering his own nightmares. He had a mild one the first night he had Eva over and a more serious one two nights later, also in his bed. Both of those nightmares involved him as victim. The next two even more serious nightmares, in which his role switches from victim to aggressor, both happened in Eva's bed. I wonder whether the stress of being in a bed completely out of his comfort zone (i.e. not his own bed nor his hotel room) were factors in why the nightmares escalated to sexual parasomnia.

2. Gideon most definitely did not expect Corrine to be there. Corrine ambushed him as well as Eva. Re: Magdalene has known Gideon a long time and their families (the Vidals and the Perezes) know one another -- Gideon's mother and Magdalene's mothers are best friends. Recent spoiler information revealed that Corrine's family knew Gideon's as well (it makes perfect sense, given that Gideon and Corrine were engaged for an entire year.) So all three families moved in the same social circles, and it makes sense Magdalene got to know Corrine back in the day when Corrine had been Gideon's girlfriend and then fiancee. I'll bet that catty b**** Corrine latched onto Magdalene the night of the fundraiser to try to ply her for inside information about Gideon and Eva, knowing that Magdalene was a longtime friend of Gideon's and probably was jealous of Eva -- all too willing to maybe become Corrine's ally. HAH!!! Magdalene sided with Gideon and Eva.

Thanks LN for explaining it all :)

We don't know what time Nathan was killed.

We're just guessing from what Graves says. We all assume it was Thursday evening, during party hours, give or take an hour.

See Gideons little ducks were in a row, he knocked them out of place, with his jealousy.

We don't know when Nathan died, that's true. We do know the body was found Friday morning. The cops said that at Eva's to her in front of everyone in the room - her Dad (whom they knew was a cop), Gideon, Cary and Ireland.

But I think the time estimate from the medical examiner is sometime Thursday evening. Why else did Graves bust her b*** to see if she could find a hole in Gideon's alibi for that portion of Thursday. And why did Gideon in the first place create such an elaborate public ruse -- actually seriously cozying up to Corrine for a press photographer -- for that portion of Thursday? The plan: to automatically rule him out as having been anywhere near Nathan's hotel that evening.

Sylvia has indicated Graves is smart. I think it's safe to say much -- but not all -- of what Graves has surmised is what happened. But she must have gotten some things wrong -- and it also is possible she misled Eva about other things. So we may have some plot twists about exactly how Nathan was taken down.

We don't know when Nathan died, that's true. We do know the body was found Friday morning. The cops said that at Eva's to her in front of everyone in the room - her Dad (whom they knew was a cop), Gideon, Cary and Ireland.

But I think the time estimate from the medical examiner is sometime Thursday evening. Why else did Graves bust her b*** to see if she could find a hole in Gideon's alibi for that portion of Thursday. And why did Gideon in the first place create such an elaborate public ruse -- actually seriously cozying up to Corrine for a press photographer -- for that portion of Thursday? The plan: to automatically rule him out as having been anywhere near Nathan's hotel that evening.

Sylvia has indicated Graves is smart. I think it's safe to say much -- but not all -- of what Graves has surmised is what happened. But she must have gotten some things wrong -- and it also is possible she misled Eva about other things. So we may have some plot twists about exactly how Nathan was taken down.

I agree.

Oh next week, will be so much fun.

Were we right, how way off base we were. All I ask, is it doesn't end on a massive cliffhanger. I would like to enjoy the summer and not wish it away because we want the next book out like now.

Or if it couldn't be cancelled he could have had an assistant or somebody else sit in for him. It did give Eva the chance to show Mark she isn't going to quit just because the owner of the building is being an a$$