One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Agree - part of his not looking at her is he couldn't bear to see her face. Same reason why he left the lights off when he'd gone into her bedroom the night before -- and why he slipped away after she fell asleep instead of doing what she begged "stay"

But I think part of his reason for going through with the meeting was to start spreading gossip at the Crossfire that he and Eva no longer were a couple. I think he felt he had to be "seen" with Eva in public once that week, and here was for Mr. Control Freak a setting he could completely control - a meeting at Crossfire Industries. 

Lesser of two evils than having to feed gossip flames by slighting Eva in public somewhere staged for paparazzi pictures. Because Gideon was putting on quite a show as an insurance policy, should the cops decide to dig a little deeper than the party photo. 

If this is true that makes me sad.  That is really cruel and kind of makes me wonder how Eva is going to allow herself to trust him again.  We know they will find a way but jeez Louise what a strong woman she will have to be.  (BTW I love strong women.)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAHHHH he is the head of Cross Industries he should have just cancelled the meeting instead of putting her through that humiliation in front of her co-workers and others in the building because you know after everyone left that meeting they were already whispering about poor Eva... :(

I'm not sure anyone would have really noticed besides Mark. He was still an Arse towards her. But i do think he was afraid of looking at her because of the emotion he would show.

I'm not sure anyone would have really noticed besides Mark. He was still an Arse towards her. But i do think he was afraid of looking at her because of the emotion he would show.

He knew he would see the hurt, confusion and turmoil he was causing her. He felt bad enough doing this to her,making her suffer. Acting cold and distant was his only option, from his POV. :(

At the end of RIY Eva finally came to the conculsion Gideon was hurting as much as her. She just assumed their relationship ended because she triggered his past with her past. That even though he loved her he couldn't be with her at that time. But with constant "trust me Eva" she became determined to dig into his painful past with the hope she could figure it out and help him. To bring them back together. I believe even if Eva hadn't found out about Gideon killing Nathan they would have eventually found their way back to one another. Even with a broken heart and trust she still loved Gideon. Obviously it would have been a longer more painful road if she hadn't found out. But "New Eva" is a total bada.s.s and was willing to fight for her man. So I believe when she found out Gideon killed Nathan from Graves it was still painful everything Gideon had done but a much easier pill to swallow knowing he did it for her protection instead of her first assumption he was somehow digusted by her past. In EWY chapter one she said his pain was harder to deal with than her own. I think she realized he not only did he break her heart but his heart too. Honestly he went about in a stupid way but he did everything out of unconditional, unselfish love. He is willing to give her up completely knowing it would utterly break them both than to have her suffer at Nathan's hand again. But now that Eva knows they can move forward toward an open and honest relationship filled with love and trust as long as Gideon realizes he has to open up his heart and let in Eva in through communication.

At the end of RIY Eva finally came to the conculsion Gideon was hurting as much as her. She just assumed their relationship ended because she triggered his past with her past. That even though he loved her he couldn't be with her at that time. But with constant "trust me Eva" she became determined to dig into his painful past with the hope she could figure it out and help him. To bring them back together. I believe even if Eva hadn't found out about Gideon killing Nathan they would have eventually found their way back to one another. Even with a broken heart and trust she still loved Gideon. Obviously it would have been a longer more painful road if she hadn't found out. But "New Eva" is a total bada.s.s and was willing to fight for her man. So I believe when she found out Gideon killed Nathan from Graves it was still painful everything Gideon had done but a much easier pill to swallow knowing he did it for her protection instead of her first assumption he was somehow digusted by her past. In EWY chapter one she said his pain was harder to deal with than her own. I think she realized he not only did he break her heart but his heart too. Honestly he went about in a stupid way but he did everything out of unconditional, unselfish love. He is willing to give her up completely knowing it would utterly break them both than to have her suffer at Nathan's hand again. But now that Eva knows they can move forward toward an open and honest relationship filled with love and trust as long as Gideon realizes he has to open up his heart and let in Eva in through communication.

Spot on there, oh is it not the weekend yet, then it would only be a couple of days to go yeah!

Well I have my copy pre-order for my e-reader but I also entered SD's FB contest to hopefully win an autographed hard copy. Less than a week ladies getting really excited!!

Absolutely spot on.

She is a total bad a.s.s. -- love this observation!! And even though their relationship was over, she had decided to strike back at people who were responsible for him being so damaged that (so she believed at the time) they'd never work out as a couple.

It is possible they could have found their way back to one another, had the truth about Nathan's killing been kept forever secret. But it was equally as possible that she was going to move on with her life. Even before she found out he'd taken Corrine to that hotel, Eva was already contemplating a break in the relationship and had discussed the possibility with Dr. Petersen.

What she didn't want was for the relationship to break her. Which it was in danger of doing so. When faced with what she believed was proof Gideon was cheating, it was the final straw.

Some distance did give her new perspective to see just how strong she could be. And on her own, she faced down Corrine Demon instead of continuing to believe with all certainty Gideon cheated on her (Eva).

But Gideon was right to be terrified by the end of Reflected that she obviously didn't trust him and apparently wasn't going to wait for him either. One of the bravest things he did was also one of the most desperate -- to finally start letting her into his darkness. He figured out his trust problem was the real dealbreaker, not her insecurity/jealousy problem. Eva was still contemplating a future without him, even though she knew now he hadn't cheated. He still hadn't let her in -- and he was still putting her through h.e.l.l.

So it's going to be great to see New Eva with Gideon. Because it's going to be a whole new set of rules. When she's got her clothes on, she's in charge -- and he's gotta learn to love it.

Im so excited! Can't wait for the 7th so we can decipher every word, comma, and period! lol

I have a friend who works at Walmart and she knows how excited I am for EWY and they have already been delivered. So now she is taunting me that she has access to it. The bi*** (I love my friend just really pis*ed at her right now) has even went as far to start to tell me something then stop and say nevermind I don't want to spoiler it for you. She has said quite a few employees have already read it. As they do with any book they want as long as they don't tell people anything about the book they don't get in trouble. So I am seriously thinking of getting a job at a bookstore before the 4th book comes out.

Certainly, his deliberate manipulations of Eva had the cumulative effect of abuse -- most especially the way he treated in that meeting hours before he took down Nathan. Gideon having blown her off repeatedly and publicly spending time with Corrine was bad enough, but how he treated her to her face in front of other people during an important work meeting was downright cruel.

Honestly, Eva ought to have uninvited him to dinner with her Dad and kicked him to the curb that day. Instead, she chose a viable option of trying to deal with it after work with him in their regularly-scheduled weekly session with Dr. Petersen -- a session Gideon blew off for obvious reasons (out partying with Corrine and in position to take Nathan down.)

He's lying by omission to Corrine and is coldly using her -- using her in front of the world, no less. He's a major celebrity, so after it's over, the end of the relationship is going to publicly haunt her even if she returns to Europe. I almost feel sorry for her -- ALMOST. She too manipulated Eva -- maliciously did so for very selfish reasons, to destroy the new relationship Gideon had with Eva so that the way would be clear for Corrine to chase Gideon down the second time in his life, this time dragging him to the altar.

Gideon fooling Corrine, through his actions, that she's really more than a friend, and Gideon letting the world think he and Corrine are fully back together (i.e. sexually) is karmic justice for Corrine having tried to fool Eva that she (Corrine) and Gideon were more than just friends. 

Hello ladies, I'm back again.

I'm always appalled at how mean a desperate woman (Corinne) can get! Which make me wonder why Eva does't pay Corinne back for hurting her (Eva) this bad. I know Eva is a good person, but enough is enough!!!

I have a friend who works at Walmart and she knows how excited I am for EWY and they have already been delivered. So now she is taunting me that she has access to it. The bi*** (I love my friend just really pis*ed at her right now) has even went as far to start to tell me something then stop and say nevermind I don't want to spoiler it for you. She has said quite a few employees have already read it. As they do with any book they want as long as they don't tell people anything about the book they don't get in trouble. So I am seriously thinking of getting a job at a bookstore before the 4th book comes out.

Ahhh how mean! You should then you can have access to both 4 and 5! :) 

I thought you was having a moment there. Lol

Yes I agree with you. He needs a swift kick in the wedding tackle. Then he will know what pain Eva was going through.

Well, the term "wedding tackle" it's absolutely fantastic!! laughing out loud!:) :) :)

I'm always appalled at how mean a desperate woman (Corinne) can get! Which make me wonder why Eva does't pay Corinne back for hurting her (Eva) this bad. I know Eva is a good person, but enough is enough!!!

Hey Gabri,

Nothing Eva can do to that w**** will equal the h.e.l.l. Corrine will have brought down on herself having foolishly bet everything and lost -- lost everything, because Gideon won't even be a friend anymore. Even if she goes back to Europe, she's still facing a future of being blindsided by photos of Gideon, given how much of a celebrity he is. And of never knowing when she's going to come across photos of Gideon and Eva Cross in the years to come.

Hi Gabri

Why would Eva want to sink to her level. Our girl has class! Go Eva!

Ouch! One in the eye for Corinne!

Eva is a sassy lady. Yay!

Ladies I just realized we havent had our daily dose of HC! No wonder i've been feeling like I'm missing something! anyways here it is :) 

henry-cavill-440.jpg

I been waiting, if I knew how to do it I would have had a go myself.

Will be going to bed happy again. :)

julie54, on 28 May 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes I agree with you. He needs a swift kick in the wedding tackle. Then he will know what pain Eva was going through.

Well, the term "wedding tackle" it's absolutely fantastic!! laughing out loud! :) :) :)

Oh my.  My husband aunt used to say "wedding tackle" all the time.  I didn't see this earlier.  My computer was freezing every time I posted something.  I had to take a time out to fix my problems.

Bribery

I don't usually shout when I'm having a moment, I hiss!

I so looove the term "wedding tackle"!!!! lol :) lol :) lol

Bribery

I actually have already tried to bribe(with babysitting her kids so she can have a couple of date nights with the hubby) her into getting me an early copy but she is steadfast in her decision that she doesn't want to lose her job. So I gave it up I will just wait until June 4th with the rest of you lovely ladies.