Entwined With You- Chapter One

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he does, he knows she loves him, but he can't afford to hurt her ever again.

This couple needs some fun in their lives. No stress or interference from anyone else. Just them.

I seriously long for them to return to NC and the beach house. I loved their time there in RIY.

Good question, because Gideon did face the very real possibility of police showing up with search warrants for his home. However, there would be little to no reason for the cops to execute search warrants at Eva's place. She immediately got crossed of the list of people suspected to have had anything to do with the killing.

Gideon might not have needed to clear out her room -- but -- he ought to have removed her possessions, leaving the room to simply look like a guest room. The best idea would be to restore his bachelor pad to pre-Eva status. Rumor probably has it he never takes women home (which prior to Eva was true.) Evidence that Eva spent considerable amount of time in his home would be useful to the cops trying to build the motive side of the case.

One of the snippets involves Gideon asking Eva to come home to him (instead of staying at the dance club) so they're probably sneaking her in and out of his building.

I hope Gideon doesn't forget to take down the photo collage if the cops search his place ;he's probably been staring at it every nite for the past two weeks...wouldn't be a good idea for graves to see it!!

I'm hoping that when Victor comes back, he has a little chat to Graves, who will hopefully impart some information to him, giving him an insight to the case. She may think as a cop he will be willing to work with them to protect his daughter. But hopefully, this will work in Gideons favour, when Victor realises the true reason, behind Nathan's death.

Seriously, they need a break!

I'll bet that when Graves rolled the dice with Eva, one of the possible outcomes Graves hoped for would be Eva turning to her father -- and her father convincing Eva to "do the right thing" (i.e. let Gideon be brought to justice for murder.)

Instead, Eva is using her inside knowledge of how police work in order to help Gideon. Such as deciding right away it was dangerous for her and Gideon to communicate. Gideon originally had done so, and kept it up for more than a week before he wavered and saw her two days in a row (Monday in the elevator, Tuesday taking the car ride.) But now Eva is the one calling the shots on secrecy. - as a cop's daughter, she knows she needs to do so, because Graves may have set her up.

No more being kept in the dark. Having limited contact is much easier for Eva to bear, now that she knows it's for safety. Previously, she'd just taken no contact as more proof Gideon was a cheating coward.

I hope Gideon doesn't forget to take down the photo collage if the cops search his place ;he's probably been staring at it every nite for the past two weeks...wouldn't be a good idea for graves to see it!!

that has popped in my mind a few times...if they did go to his place he had to take the photos down

I'll bet that when Graves rolled the dice with Eva, one of the possible outcomes Graves hoped for would be Eva turning to her father -- and her father convincing Eva to "do the right thing" (i.e. let Gideon be brought to justice for murder.)

Instead, Eva is using her inside knowledge of how police work in order to help Gideon. Such as deciding right away it was dangerous for her and Gideon to communicate. Gideon originally had done so, and kept it up for more than a week before he wavered and saw her two days in a row (Monday in the elevator, Tuesday taking the car ride.) But now Eva is the one calling the shots on secrecy. - as a cop's daughter, she knows she needs to do so, because Graves may have set her up.

No more being kept in the dark. Having limited contact is much easier for Eva to bear, now that she knows it's for safety. Previously, she'd just taken no contact as more proof Gideon was a cheating coward.

See what happens when Gideon lets her in. She a smart girl, and strong. Yes she has issues, but sometimes Gideon comes across as the fragile one.

See what happens when Gideon lets her in. She a smart girl, and strong. Yes she has issues, but sometimes Gideon comes across as the fragile one.

Everyone seems to treat Eva like she is a child. Monica is watching over her constantly, now Gideon handles this whole Nathan thing this way. I feel like she is the most grounded out of the whole lot of them. Sylvia... give Dr. Travis the doctor of the year award before this series ends. :)

Everyone seems to treat Eva like she is a child. Monica is watching over her constantly, now Gideon handles this whole Nathan thing this way. I feel like she is the most grounded out of the whole lot of them. Sylvia... give Dr. Travis the doctor of the year award before this series ends. :)

I'm thinking there's a few customers for Dr Travis! He will need to see someone when he has finished with this lot. Lol

The more I think about this, the more I think (hope) our least favorite brunette is buh-bye sooner than later. Like maybe Day Two of Entwined.

And not just because Gideon 1. doesn't want to cause another minute of pain to Eva and 2. the cops aren't buying the Corrine lie anyway, so he doesn't have to keep it going.

"Plausible deniability." That legal term Gideon's mentioned, something that's a fancy way of saying "lack of evidence."

Bear with one of my mini lessons in how the U.S. justice system works, per the way the U.S. Constitution set up the protections citizens have against the government, when the government seeks to criminally prosecute citizens.

• The government (the prosecution side of the trial) has the "burden of proof." That side always has the uphill battle of proving to a jury the defendant is guilty.
  • The defense does NOT have to prove the defenant is innocent. In fact, technically the defense doesn't have to lift a finger. This is why, among other things, people have the "right to silence." The suspect doesn't have to convince the cops -- and ultimately the jury -- that he/she is innocent. The prosecution has to do all the work.
  • In practice, the defense is very active in trials -- busy punching holes in the prosecution's case. Under the "right to face an accuser" the prosecution has to put its witnesses on the stand, and then the defense gets to question them too.
  • Usually, the defense will put its own witnesses up as well, witnesses to sow doubts about the prosecution's side of the story. Witnesses who can convince the jury that something else happened, not what the prosecution claims happened.
  • The defendant himself/herself does NOT ever have to testify. If the defense does not put the accused on the stand, for tactical reasons, then the judge has to pretty much bend over backwards to explain to the jury the jury cannot hold that against the accused in any way.
  • Because there's a very good reason why defendants sometimes do not take the stand -- they don't have to face questions from the prosecutor. If a defendant does take the stand, he/she gives up the right to silence, and the prosecutor gets to ask him/her questions.

OK, with all of that in mind, how could this all apply to the fake Corrine-Gideon-Eva triangle?

• Gideon does NOT have to prove he loves Corrine.
  • Gideon does NOT have to disprove he loves Eva.
  • The cops/prosecutors are the ones who HAVE to prove Gideon loves Eva.
  • If they cannot prove Gideon loves Eva, then Gideon has "plausible deniability" he loves her.

I think that when Gideon started taking out Corrine again, and he set up the party as an alibi, he was hoping that between the two, the cops would quickly eliminate him as a suspect. Other people who loved Eva enough to conceivably kill for her -- like Eva's mother -- also had motive. Why would he have motive if he had already dumped her? Going out with Corrine just made it more believable he dumped Eva. He didn't dump Eva for the ###### of it, he dumped her for Corrine.

Gideon's got a couple of alternative believable reasons why he dumped Eva while Nathan was still very much alive:

• He never was in love to begin with -- Eva was just some hot summer fling that burned itself out in a few weeks, and the fling was already over before Nathan got killed.
  • He had been in love, but Eva broke his heart by "cheating" on him with Brett. He walked away from her broken-hearted well before Nathan got killed.

Plus as Sylvia said, Eva is his everything and once when he finds out how Corrine cruelly treated her, he will not be keeping her in his life.

I don't ever see Corrine showing up on Gideon's doorstep either. 

However .....

Two nights before Entwined started, Gideon paraded Corrine through the lobby of the Crossfire, his hand at the small of her back, walked her out to his car and left with her. Gideon probably was doing it for the benefit of the security tapes. He'd approached Eva earlier that day in the lobby (near the elevators.) This is the last time Eva (and thus we readers) definitely know Gideon saw Corrine.

Wouldn't it be sweet if that's the last night Corrine got to go out with Gideon (to dinner or wherever they went after he got out of work.) Two nights later, he found out from Eva that the cops aren't buying the Corrine cover story. So why keep it up?

SO .....

Karmic justice for the "nooner" stunt Corrine pulled, coming out the Crossfire looking like she'd just be f*****. Karma that the last night she'll ever go out with Gideon starts with her going to his office at the Crossfire in order to meet him for after-work plans. He dumps her on Thursday?

love it if that's exactly what happens!! : )  

I'm hoping that when Victor comes back, he has a little chat to Graves, who will hopefully impart some information to him, giving him an insight to the case. She may think as a cop he will be willing to work with them to protect his daughter. But hopefully, this will work in Gideons favour, when Victor realises the true reason, behind Nathan's death.

Seriously, they need a break!

absolutely agree!!

love it if that's exactly what happens!! : )  

Corrine needs to be gone so fast. to be honest i don't think Gideon led her on as much as we think. i think he was honest with her about them not getting back together. I think he would have sold her the friendship line, since she was going through a bad divorce. I think she is the one who just assumed once they starting spending time together that he would fall for her. I agree that in the past he should have been upfront with her. But this time around i think she knows exactly what the score is but she's i denial. Thats why she keeps trying to attack Eva, so she will walk away and then Corrine can pick up the pieces!

I'm right there with you. I think they're going to have some fun once the case is closed.

I hope so, but there's a little matter of Gideons past to rear it's ugly head.

It's still an uphill struggle for them. But they will have the support of each other, to carry them through the dark times. :)

Gideon may have thought/hoped, right on up to when Eva told him otherwise, Graves had not yet seen through the lie he was living with Corrine.

Sure, he must have known he was chief suspect, and the cops were digging hard. He might have even now realized that via aggressive interviewing of people who worked at the party hotel, Graves found the hour-long disruption to the party (and thus the hour-long hole in his alibi.)

Yet he was probably counting on her still be thwarted by the Corrine-cover-story part of his plot. Because, officially, she hasn't busted that yet. And certainly, the cops never would be revealing secrets of their investigation to Gideon's defense. They're not required to turn over jack s*** to the defense before a suspect is arrested. Only after someone is charged is the prosecution required to start sharing evidence (known by the legal term "discovery") with the defense.

So now Gideon knows -- Graves isn't buying the Corrine cover.

Oh could this mean that Gideon now will back off, perhaps even "dump" Corrine. She's not much use to him anymore. And now that  Eva has come back, he's got some very serious amends to make for how he treated Eva via using Corrine against Eva emotionally.

I thought that Graves thinks he has a window of time but all the witness she spoke to can testify to seeing Gideon they just can't place a time. She knows that Nathan's hotel is close by and that there was a kitchen fire. So as far as Grave's theory goes he could have had the opportunity however i don't think she was able to construct a whole block of time that he was missing. I could be wrong.

Oh I so agree bookworm, none of my friends at work have read these books or any of Syvlia's, there is one girl who is still on Bared but she has been reading it for month and as she read 50 Shades first she can't get past that even though I keep telling her this is totally different and a bit more realistic, anyway I am so glad I found this forum and hearing everyone else's point of view and being able to discuss these books with other people who love them :)

I read Fifty trilogy and Sylvia's books are so much better!! I was so happy she decided to make it a series. I can't get my friends to read the books though either so it's nice to come on here and discuss it with you and everyone. : ) one of these days my smiley emoticon will work on here lol

Corrine needs to be gone so fast. to be honest i don't think Gideon led her on as much as we think. i think he was honest with her about them not getting back together. I think he would have sold her the friendship line, since she was going through a bad divorce. I think she is the one who just assumed once they starting spending time together that he would fall for her. I agree that in the past he should have been upfront with her. But this time around i think she knows exactly what the score is but she's i denial. Thats why she keeps trying to attack Eva, so she will walk away and then Corrine can pick up the pieces!

Totally agree with his I think he told her the way it was right from the start that he and Eva were taking a break and she could assume it was due to the Brett fiasco I think she just developed exaggerated expectations...

Totally agree.