Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

943470_530196243682320_1335932712_n.jpg

When you own the building, how much fun can you have?

OMG, I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!! Can't stop looking at it and.... :blush:!

These pictures take me up and down.  I'm think the book is going to give a little joy and then slap these characters back down again. 

This clue could be anyone. Corinne holding on to Gideon when he doesn't want her.

Gideon holding on to the pain from the past

Cary holding on to his bad habits

Monica & Elizabeth holding on to their lies that hurt their children.

These pictures take me up and down.  I'm think the book is going to give a little joy and then slap these characters back down again.

I think this pic also needs taken down like the creepy hand one I don't like it and it makes me unhappy... :(. :(

If last nights post represented Gideon's abuser I think tonight's post represents Nathan . His love for Eva was a sick, forbidden, dark, passion and perhaps as Gideon recalls the tragic events of his childhood this leads Eva to revisit hers ... Maybe they can both finally let go of their pasts together and heal because of the love and strength they gain from each other ... :)

If last nights post represented Gideon's abuser I think tonight's post represents Nathan . His love for Eva was a sick, forbidden, dark, passion and perhaps as Gideon recalls the tragic events of his childhood this leads Eva to revisit hers ... Maybe they can both finally let go of their pasts together and heal because of the love and strength they gain from each other ... :)

Like Pink sings they're not BROKEN just BENT...

Excellent point.  I didn't think about that. 

These pictures take me up and down. I'm think the book is going to give a little joy and then slap these characters back down again.

This clue could be anyone. Corinne holding on to Gideon when he doesn't want her.

Gideon holding on to the pain from the past

Cary holding on to his bad habits

Monica & Elizabeth holding on to their lies that hurt their children.

I have to agree with you.

I think the clue is in the caption. How hard are you holding on, to SOMETHING that may break you. Not someone. I'm probably wrong again, but could this be about Elizabeth and her penchant for young men, that I think she has, and Gideon coming to terms with it? Off base again most likely.

Could it be about Gideons father? His death? Grabbing at straws here.

Could it be the secret Eva is keeping is keeping from her dad?

Are there still many secrets in this book?

This could be a tearful read.  Looks very bad.  I'm thinking we are learning a lot about Gideon.

not liking this picture at all, it makes it look very dark, I hope we are not going through another hard time for our lovely couple, we want lots of happiness in this book :)

maybe with the both of them talking things through it will cleanse parts of them that have needed healed for so long and make them both stronger in that yes they will still need therapy but maybe not as deep therapy, they will not be as damaged as they once were (yes I am using a Greys Anatomy phrase - Damaged)

We can always hope for our lovely couple 

Like Pink sings they're not BROKEN just BENT...

Love that song, I actually thought of that for the Music for Gideon & Eva as they are not Broken, they are just Bent and their love will pull them through 

I have to agree with you.

I think the clue is in the caption. How hard are you holding on, to SOMETHING that may break you. Not someone. I'm probably wrong again, but could this be about Elizabeth and her penchant for young men, that I think she has, and Gideon coming to terms with it? Off base again most likely.

Could it be about Gideons father? His death? Grabbing at straws here.

Could it be the secret Eva is keeping is keeping from her dad?

Are there still many secrets in this book?

Unless Julie it is Gideon holding onto his past too much and not letting go until now, he is so pent up with anger at what was done to him and by whom that he cannot let it go but maybe now with Eva's help he is realising that as long as he does hold onto it, he is going to lose Eva as it will break them both.........

Just a thought xx

947257_530624833639461_1662349850_n.jpg

How hard are you holding on, to something that may break you?

With these pictures, I've been going with my first gut reaction .... this one, it's Corrine. Holding a torch for Gideon broke her marriage.

• For three years, she actively tried to get him to change.
  • Finally, she pulled the ultimate ultimatum - broke the engagement.
  • Probably, consciously she thought she was moving on when she married Giroux and moved to Europe.
  • But I suspect that subconsciously, she was still trying to control Gideon -- make him yearn for her.
  • Then she broke her marriage and via trans-Atlantic communication, started manipulating Gideon via guilt.
  • Enter Eva -- Corrine tried even harder. She tried to break Gideon's new relationship.
  • Corrine actually did succeed in helping to break up Gideon and Eva -- her manipulative mindgames sent Eva into a spin and was a major contributing factor to Eva finally dumping Gideon.

So now what's Corrine going to do? She thinks she has Gideon back. How badly is it going to break her when Gideon breaks things off with her, which we know is coming.

Because honestly, she ought to have kicked Gideon to the curb all those years ago instead of convincing him to accept her marriage proposal.

Eva had a lot more backbone. Thoughtlessly, Gideon sometimes mistreated her early in their relationship -- and she walked (well, she ran) each time he did it.

Corrine? Desperately held on the whole time, it would appear. Her "walking" was part of her manipulation attempts. 

The other thing this black heart can refer to is Gideon using Corrine, knowing the whole time he is going to ultimately break her heart every bit as much -- maybe even more -- that he broke Eva's heart.

He'd hoped Eva would trust him as he started acting so cold and cutting her off -- but he went too far, and he broke her heart.

He's got to know that the way he's been acting toward Corrine -- deliberately misleading her  -- will break her heart too. I seriously doubt he's been sticking to just-old-friends. Too much is riding on it -- especially now. He's let the whole world think they've reunited. He's got to have had her believing that too, even if he didn't resume a sexual relationship. "Yet" is probably what she has been led to believe.

With these pictures, I've been going with my first gut reaction .... this one, it's Corrine. Holding a torch for Gideon broke her marriage.

• For three years, she actively tried to get him to change.
  • Finally, she pulled the ultimate ultimatum - broke the engagement.
  • Probably, consciously she thought she was moving on when she married Giroux and moved to Europe.
  • But I suspect that subconsciously, she was still trying to control Gideon -- make him yearn for her.
  • Then she broke her marriage and via trans-Atlantic communication, started manipulating Gideon via guilt.
  • Enter Eva -- Corrine tried even harder. She tried to break Gideon's new relationship.
  • Corrine actually did succeed in helping to break up Gideon and Eva -- her manipulative mindgames sent Eva into a spin and was a major contributing factor to Eva finally dumping Gideon.

So now what's Corrine going to do? She thinks she has Gideon back. How badly is it going to break her when Gideon breaks things off with her, which we know is coming.

Because honestly, she ought to have kicked Gideon to the curb all those years ago instead of convincing him to accept her marriage proposal.

Eva had a lot more backbone. Thoughtlessly, Gideon sometimes mistreated her early in their relationship -- and she walked (well, she ran) each time he did it.

Corrine? Desperately held on the whole time, it would appear. Her "walking" was part of her manipulation attempts. 

so true LN

Gideon is going to hurt himself further, too, by deliberately breaking Corrine's heart. That catty manipulative b**** had been playing his guilt like a fiddle. He ditched Eva the first night they'd made love because Corrine called crying. And the night Corrine crashed into Eva's world, Gideon stuck around that fundraiser instead of leaving, and let himself be manipulated into giving Corrine undivided attention at the dinner table, humiliating Eva in the process. Even Magdalene -- not the most partial of observers and someone with grounds to resent both Corrine and Eva -- felt the whole situation was just plain wrong.

Gideon is going to hurt himself further, too, by deliberately breaking Corrine's heart. That catty manipulative b**** had been playing his guilt like a fiddle. He ditched Eva the first night they'd made love because Corrine called crying. And the night Corrine crashed into Eva's world, Gideon stuck around that fundraiser instead of leaving, and let himself be manipulated into giving Corrine undivided attention at the dinner table, humiliating Eva in the process. Even Magdalene -- not the most partial of observers and someone with grounds to resent both Corrine and Eva -- felt the whole situation was just plain wrong.

Unfortunately, Gideon is going to do a lot of hurting. There's Eva's trust and heart to repair, there's Corinne and her thinking she is walking down the aisle at long last, (don't buy the dress yet!), then there's Gideon himself, so fragile and broken while trying to maintain a strong "I'm in charge of my life" appearance.

Gideon is going to hurt himself further, too, by deliberately breaking Corrine's heart. That catty manipulative b**** had been playing his guilt like a fiddle. He ditched Eva the first night they'd made love because Corrine called crying. And the night Corrine crashed into Eva's world, Gideon stuck around that fundraiser instead of leaving, and let himself be manipulated into giving Corrine undivided attention at the dinner table, humiliating Eva in the process. Even Magdalene -- not the most partial of observers and someone with grounds to resent both Corrine and Eva -- felt the whole situation was just plain wrong.

He's in too deep with Corrine and I have a feeling that there's no way around breaking her heart when he "dumps" her. He also needed to grow a backbone since BTY and not let himself get manipulated the way Corrine manipulated him. I know he felt like then end of her marriage is his fault in a sense but its HER marriage. She f***** it up on her own.