Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  It isn't looking good for Oklahoma right now.  This is a rain wrapped tornado which hides the actual twister.  Very scary.

Morning Sharon

I'm hoping your family are safe this morning. Sending you my best wishes. X

Will you ever really know all of him?

400475_530999886935289_339912319_n.jpg

This guy hasn't even let the author herself inside him (per that fascinating interview Sylvia gave, in which she explained her characters come to her imagination fully-formed, and the reason she doesn't plan -- at this time -- to write stuff from Gideon's point of view is that he has kept himself closed off even from her.)

Well, the man at least has some serious explaining to do to Eva. And no more keeping secrets from her -- she'll walk if he goes back to that. I think that he's at last figured that out though. Plus he knows he's lost her trust through his own fault, so moving forward his words have to match his actions.

I think it was his abuse and his mother's neglect. The worst thing for a child is for something to happen to them and the person of authority and who's supposed to be your safe haven practically thinks you're the problem. 

He lost his father and the support he needed after that wasn't there. 

I agree, it must have been a culmination of everything :(

pair wee soul

I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found this site.  So many of my dad's family live in the Kansas / Oklahoma area and they are bracing for more tornadoes right now.  It is good to have a good to have something to focus on while I wait for updates.

I have heard on the news today that the tornadoes are worse today and sadly more people have died, I do hope thing settle down soon for everyone and your family are safe Sharon xx

Someone thought that Elizabeth had an affair with Chris snr, hence them getting married so soon after Geoffrey's death.

That was me Julie. I think that because Gideon had said Geoffrey and Elizabeth had been fighting constantly, plus she moved on so quickly. We know he didn't abuse Gideon, but Gideon feels the need to have control over CV Sr.. So I thought that Gideon might blame Chris for his dad's suicide. The affair being the final straw in a very stressful time for Geoffrey. I also wonder about Chris and Geoffrey being friends... which might explain a bit of Gideon's comment at the garden party about Cary being Eva's friend and therefore "his." Like you've crossed that line once already, and realize it was wrong perhaps... don't do it again. It just a thought, but one that I still think.

That was me Julie. I think that because Gideon had said Geoffrey and Elizabeth had been fighting constantly, plus she moved on so quickly. We know he didn't abuse Gideon, but Gideon feels the need to have control over CV Sr.. So I thought that Gideon might blame Chris for his dad's suicide. The affair being the final straw in a very stressful time for Geoffrey. I also wonder about Chris and Geoffrey being friends... which might explain a bit of Gideon's comment at the garden party about Cary being Eva's friend and therefore "his." Like you've crossed that line once already, and realize it was wrong perhaps... don't do it again. It just a thought, but one that I still think.

Kirsten since you are in Florida did you go to Publix to see if they put out the book??

Very good points. Put it in the theories thread. Then we can see how far or near we are. Lol

My morale is so low, on FB someone got it at walmart... ugh

Ladies !!!!!! My daughter and I went to a movie tonite and we stopped in at our local Walmart after and they had the book!!! There were 3 copies on the shelf wrapped in plastic and of course I went to the SELF checkout!!! GO GO GO to WALMART. :). :)

Ladies !!!!!! My daughter and I went to a movie tonite and we stopped in at our local Walmart after and they had the book!!! There were 3 copies on the shelf wrapped in plastic and of course I went to the SELF checkout!!! GO GO GO to WALMART. :). :)

O.o are you serious?!?!? Wow all the books are falling through the cracks now. I've already pre purchased my book and its signed by SD so Im really just waiting for the 4th to get the ebook. 

I have not posted on FB that I got my book at my Asda/Walmart today only wanted to let u guys know. Up to chapter 16 now but have left it at home now as sitting near airport waiting on my brother and sister in laws plane landing to go collect them will finish book tomorrow well later today actually as ur us 3am here in Scotland :)

I have not posted on FB that I got my book at my Asda/Walmart today only wanted to let u guys know. Up to chapter 16 now but have left it at home now as sitting near airport waiting on my brother and sister in laws plane landing to go collect them will finish book tomorrow well later today actually as ur us 3am here in Scotland :)

How could you leave it?!? It would've been glued to my hand until the last page! LOL