Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

P.S. Not to disrespect the book release embargo .... but the fact that obviously books have been slipping through the cracks, and quotes are appearing on social media makes me want to be .... as Eva would say "a bad girl."

I'm NOT going to start discussing book content until the 7th -- but I am not going to sit around waiting until the release date itself for my own copy, not if there's a chance I can get it this weekend.

During the height of the Harry Potter craze, the series' publisher went to extraordinary means to try to enforce the release embargo, and thus few copies managed to escape early. I'm now learning that's not necessarily the case with other new best-sellers.

One more thing I've learned -- it's still worthwhile to be visiting actual bookstores. Yes, getting books vial the biggest online retailers is a good thing -- it practically guarantees avoiding the heartbreak of "sorry, sold out." And e-books are an even better guarantee of that -- no late delivery.

But there is still something to be said for walking into a bookstore, picking up an actual book from a real shelf, and purchasing the book at a register.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Not to disrespect the book release embargo .... but the fact that obviously books have been slipping through the cracks, and quotes are appearing on social media makes me want to be .... as Eva would say "a bad girl."

I'm NOT going to start discussing book content until the 7th -- but I am not going to sit around waiting until the release date itself for my own copy, not if there's a chance I can get it this weekend.

During the height of the Harry Potter craze, the series' publisher went to extraordinary means to try to enforce the release embargo, and thus few copies managed to escape early. I'm now learning that's not necessarily the case with other new best-sellers.

One more thing I've learned -- it's still worthwhile to be visiting actual bookstores. Yes, getting books vial the biggest online retailers is a good thing -- it practically guarantees avoiding the heartbreak of "sorry, sold out." And e-books are an even better guarantee of that -- no late delivery.

But there is still something to be said for walking into a bookstore, picking up an actual book from a real shelf, and purchasing the book at a register.

I agree. You can't beat the comfort of a book.

I hope you come back a happy bunny! :D

And c'mon, how can this rush to acquire copies a few days early NOT benefit Sylvia's growing popularity as a leading best-selling author and NOT benefit Penguin books.

Fans (mostly women) running around this weekend and early next week going SQUEEEEEEE!!! Creating such buzz that it creates new fans, readers who have heard of Crossfire before but haven't yet checked out the series? This same sort of "viral" buzz is what launched erotic romance as a hot new genre again.

If each enthusiastic current fan tempted just one new reader to decide to check out Crossfire, well the fan base would continue to grow like crazy.

Ladies, we are on a mission --- to be real world "brand evangelists" (that's a marketing term) by whipping things up into a frenzy.

And c'mon, how can this rush to acquire copies a few days early NOT benefit Sylvia's growing popularity as a leading best-selling author and NOT benefit Penguin books.

Fans (mostly women) running around this weekend and early next week going SQUEEEEEEE!!! Creating such buzz that it creates new fans, readers who have heard of Crossfire before but haven't yet checked out the series? This same sort of "viral" buzz is what launched erotic romance as a hot new genre again.

If each enthusiastic current fan tempted just one new reader to decide to check out Crossfire, well the fan base would continue to grow like crazy.

Ladies, we are on a mission --- to be real world "brand evangelists" (that's a marketing term) by whipping things up into a frenzy.

it's a mission I'll take upon myself quite gladly!!!!

Even though I'm feeling sort of "manhandled" as the release date in Italy is June 16... I'm not going to tempt anyone into reading the Crossfire series, I'm going to convince them they can't go on without it!!!

Got my copy I am beyond excited. I wanna read it now but I got to drive home. Don't wanna cause any wrecks. Love u ladies and I will see u again on 7th gonna stay off so I am not tempted to spoil anything. Have a wonderful week and fun reading. Gideon and Eva Forever!!!!

Got my copy I am beyond excited. I wanna read it now but I got to drive home. Don't wanna cause any wrecks. Love u ladies and I will see u again on 7th gonna stay off so I am not tempted to spoil anything. Have a wonderful week and fun reading. Gideon and Eva Forever!!!!

Well done! Have a great time. :)

I did email Sylvia last night over "embargogate" and she responded to me. She is also upset that some have gotten their copies while others are waiting. I do have the email address for the person we are to direct our displeasure to and we've been encouraged to use it. I'll post it if anyone is interested. 

Well the weathers lovely and all its making my disappointment a tiny bit more bearable. I'm going to alton towers tomorrow so may stop at all services that have a wh smith just incase :)

The weathers rather nice. Have a lovely time tomorrow, love Alton Towers. I'm normally bag lady. Lol

If you get lucky with the book, that would be great. :)

I did email Sylvia last night over "embargogate" and she responded to me. She is also upset that some have gotten their copies while others are waiting. I do have the email address for the person we are to direct our displeasure to and we've been encouraged to use it. I'll post it if anyone is interested.

Yes please. Thanks Kirsten

I'm so pleased for you, but now I'm seriously hacked off!

I feel like a child, whose friends all have a bike except me! :(

I'm so sorry Julie the only reason I posted that was because I wanted to give others the chance to snag a copy if they could get to a Walmart I so look forward to all of the discussions we will be having on June 7th and beyond. :)

I'm so sorry Julie the only reason I posted that was because I wanted to give others the chance to snag a copy if they could get to a Walmart I so look forward to all of the discussions we will be having on June 7th and beyond. :)

No don't be sorry, I'm really pleased for you. I just wish our asda/Walmart sold it. I would be like a ninja grabbing my copy and legging it, before they could take it away!!! Poor Kirsten had it in her hands, how cruel were they.

Just tell me you love it.:)

No don't be sorry, I'm really pleased for you. I just wish our asda/Walmart sold it. I would be like a ninja grabbing my copy and legging it, before they could take it away!!! Poor Kirsten had it in her hands, how cruel were they.

Just tell me you love it.:)

I loved it and there was lots of sexy time in it so it kept me awake all night while reading!! It was also fun to look at the snapshots while reading each chapter ; you're really going to enjoy your vacation!!! I'm taking a break and will start to reread this evening can't wait till the 7th!!

I loved it and there was lots of sexy time in it so it kept me awake all night while reading!! It was also fun to look at the snapshots while reading each chapter ; you're really going to enjoy your vacation!!! I'm taking a break and will start to reread this evening can't wait till the 7th!!

Thank you so much.

Nearly there. I'm like a jibbering wreck. My daughter keeps saying its only a book! If she says that again, I'll pack her bags for her!!! Lol

Only joking!