Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

I still think that Gideon was honest with Corinne from the beginning of his little" play" that he was performing for the police.  I also think that Corinne knows that Gideon isn't that into her anymore. 

I have a feeling that after he (Gideon) puts his hand on her back as he leads her to the car once they are in the car Corinne & Gideon are sitting as far from each other as possible.  The more I think about it, if Corinne thought that she was reeling Gideon in, why would she have staged that "just f#*k" meeting for Eva at her apartment.  You just don't do that. 

If Corinne felt Gideon was even slightly interested in her romantically she would have opened the door and let Eva see how secure she is in her relationship with Gideon.  That would hurt Eva more than the little head trip she tried to play. 

I'm not saying that Corinne won't be hurt when she sees Gideon & Eva back together but she knows the truth deep down. 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think that Gideon was honest with Corinne from the beginning of his little" play" that he was performing for the police.  I also think that Corinne knows that Gideon isn't that into her anymore. 

I have a feeling that after he (Gideon) puts his hand on her back as he leads her to the car once they are in the car Corinne & Gideon are sitting as far from each other as possible.  The more I think about it, if Corinne thought that she was reeling Gideon in, why would she have staged that "just f#*k" meeting for Eva at her apartment.  You just don't do that. 

If Corinne felt Gideon was even slightly interested in her romantically she would have opened the door and let Eva see how secure she is in her relationship with Gideon.  That would hurt Eva more than the little head trip she tried to play. 

I'm not saying that Corinne won't be hurt when she sees Gideon & Eva back together but she knows the truth deep down. 

I agree with this and have stated before that I think Gideon told Corinne up front that he and Eva were taking a break from each other ;what she chose to assume was all in her own head .That is my theory and I'm sticking to it ;won't be long now till we find out what really happened hopefully!!

I agree

Penguin Australia goes from posting (and having to take down) a picture with rings in it (even though Sylvia did say in an interview Gideon's going to want to put a ring on it.) Now they're alternating creepy picture (hand), hot picture (oh that male torso), and now another unsettling picture.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like Eva during That Week. Roller-coaster and mixed messages.

LOL, I jest, I jest ....

Penguin Australia goes from posting (and having to take down) a picture with rings in it (even though Sylvia did say in an interview Gideon's going to want to put a ring on it.) Now they're alternating creepy picture (hand), hot picture (oh that male torso), and now another unsettling picture.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like Eva during That Week. Roller-coaster and mixed messages.

LOL, I jest, I jest ....

Someone in Australia has a warped sense of humour!

LOL, I jest, I jest ....

After the 13 days left blunder it just all went downhill from there lol 

All eyes on HC.

Is Superman, Gideons alter ego?

I read how HC played the role of superman as a man who is looking for his place in society and fighting who he really is because he was hiding his abilities and his true self.

Gideon fought to make his own way, on his own in the sense that he knew he wanted to control his life and he knew who he wanted to become. But I do think he has superman qualities though. 

One thing I keep thinking about when we're hashing over clueless Gideon bumbling around, hurting people left and right, is the sacrifice he made for Eva. Not only did he risk losing her love, because after all, killing a person is unthinkable for most people - even if you say I wish someone was dead, you know you couldn't really do it. Gideon would have considered there was a real possibility Eva would not have been able to get over what he had done - even if on some level she was grateful - he would have lost her.

The other risk was the real possibility that something could have gone wrong, however perfectly he tried to plan it. Anyone as smart as Gideon would know that life (and literature) are full of stories of the best laid plans going terribly wrong. And, in fact, his whole scheme is dangerously close to unravelling.

And my point is that Gideon must have accepted the possibility that there was some chance that, worst case scenario, he could face a prison sentence.

Accepting those two possible outcomes - prison and/or loss of Eva was about the biggest sacrifice I can imagine anyone making. I think we should cut him some slack for screwing up with related issues, while trying to save himself.

I read how HC played the role of superman as a man who is looking for his place in society and fighting who he really is because he was hiding his abilities and his true self.

Gideon fought to make his own way, on his own in the sense that he knew he wanted to control his life and he knew who he wanted to become. But I do think he has superman qualities though. 

I don't see Eva as his cryptonite, though. Actually, she is going to make him stronger and happier, which are not known as side effetcs of being exposed to it!!!

One thing I keep thinking about when we're hashing over clueless Gideon bumbling around, hurting people left and right, is the sacrifice he made for Eva. Not only did he risk losing her love, because after all, killing a person is unthinkable for most people - even if you say I wish someone was dead, you know you couldn't really do it. Gideon would have considered there was a real possibility Eva would not have been able to get over what he had done - even if on some level she was grateful - he would have lost her.

The other risk was the real possibility that something could have gone wrong, however perfectly he tried to plan it. Anyone as smart as Gideon would know that life (and literature) are full of stories of the best laid plans going terribly wrong. And, in fact, his whole scheme is dangerously close to unravelling.

And my point is that Gideon must have accepted the possibility that there was some chance that, worst case scenario, he could face a prison sentence.

Accepting those two possible outcomes - prison and/or loss of Eva was about the biggest sacrifice I can imagine anyone making. I think we should cut him some slack for screwing up with related issues, while trying to save himself.

I totally agree with you. His sacrifice is what makes me love him so much, as sure does Eva.

LOL, I jest, I jest ....

I've decided when I do my snapshot review I'm omitting the Penguins posts and only doing Sylvia's also did we ever discuss the car snapshot I don't remember us theorizing about it except thatnitbwas an Aston Martin...???

I've decided when I do my snapshot review I'm omitting the Penguins posts and only doing Sylvia's also did we ever discuss the car snapshot I don't remember us theorizing about it except thatnitbwas an Aston Martin...???

Some said myself included, it was taken in London because of it being on the wrong side of the road, and it being a very British and beautiful car.

I totally agree with you. His sacrifice is what makes me love him so much, as sure does Eva.

So well said Nrock that is why it is such a riveting story and Gideon such an unforgettable character because the reader feels so many emotions about him running the gamut from extreme dislike to adoration of this beautiful, complex, flawed individual.