Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think screwed Gideon up?

I think it was his abuse and his mother's neglect. The worst thing for a child is for something to happen to them and the person of authority and who's supposed to be your safe haven practically thinks you're the problem. 

He lost his father and the support he needed after that wasn't there. 

I think it was his abuse and his mother's neglect. The worst thing for a child is for something to happen to them and the person of authority and who's supposed to be your safe haven practically thinks you're the problem. 

He lost his father and the support he needed after that wasn't there.

I also think he saw his dad die or found his body. I also wonder if he was murdered, because of his Ponzi scam, as opposed to suicide. Killed by an investor who lost a lot of money.

What do you think screwed Gideon up?

Like insideofclouds said, his abuse and his mother's neglect in the firs place, but you have also to add his knowing how much Eva is hurting because of him.

I also think he saw his dad die or found his body. I also wonder if he was murdered, because of his Ponzi scam, as opposed to suicide. Killed by an investor who lost a lot of money.

Quite likely.

I still think that CV Sr. had something to do with Gideon's dad before is death. How else would his mom connect with CV so soon after his dad's death. Was he a silent partner who exposed the scheme?

I still think that CV Sr. had something to do with Gideon's dad before is death. How else would his mom connect with CV so soon after his dad's death. Was he a silent partner who exposed the scheme?

Someone thought that Elizabeth had an affair with Chris snr, hence them getting married so soon after Geoffrey's death.

Someone thought that Elizabeth had an affair with Chris snr, hence them getting married so soon after Geoffrey's death.

These two theories are interesting.

I wouldn't put it past CV Sr. outing Gideon's dad. They must've had some history at least. 

I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found this site.  So many of my dad's family live in the Kansas / Oklahoma area and they are bracing for more tornadoes right now.  It is good to have a good to have something to focus on while I wait for updates.

Omg that's terrible. Hope they stay safe. You poor thing. Big hugs

Might account for Chris snr not wanting to give Gideon his surname and adopting him legally.

I dont really mind the not adopting him. Im the product of divorced parents and my mom had remarried twice and not once did the conversation of either of her husbands (ex and present) adopting me. 

I think Gideon felt as a child like the Vidals robbed him of his mother, and the fact that she didnt believe his abuse made things even worse. 

These two theories are interesting.

I wouldn't put it past CV Sr. outing Gideon's dad. They must've had some history at least. 

These are interesting theories but I wonder why Gideon wouldn't hate Sr. more.  I can see Elizabeth having an affair with him though.  Maybe that is why Gideon told Eva that "I love you" isn't enough because people fall out of love.  Maybe he is remembering his mother's betrayal of his father.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found this site.  So many of my dad's family live in the Kansas / Oklahoma area and they are bracing for more tornadoes right now.  It is good to have a good to have something to focus on while I wait for updates.

Omg sharon I'm watching the developments on CNN right now! I hope they are safe! 

I dont really mind the not adopting him. Im the product of divorced parents and my mom had remarried twice and not once did the conversation of either of her husbands (ex and present) adopting me. 

I think Gideon felt as a child like the Vidals robbed him of his mother, and the fact that she didnt believe his abuse made things even worse.

These are interesting theories but I wonder why Gideon wouldn't hate Sr. more.  I can see Elizabeth having an affair with him though.  Maybe that is why Gideon told Eva that "I love you" isn't enough because people fall out of love.  Maybe he is remembering his mother's betrayal of his father.

How very interesting.

I also think he felt like an outsider, not being integrated into the family unit of the Vidals.

The usual old ways of the world, then!!

Yes it has been a scary couple of weeks.  So far they have all missed the big damage but this one is heading right towards them. 

OMG! Tornadoes are the worst, at least here in florida we have a warning of a hurricane and have time to prepare!

I truly hope they will be safe all throughout this ordeal. 

Hope everyhing is ok!!! Hugs and kisses to you.

How very cynical of you. Lol ;)

Just experience, I'm afraid.

Could have been a lot worse if Elizabeth chose to start a relationship with her husband's best friend... I've been there and I was lucky enough not to be married. But it really sucks.

I can totally relate to Gideon feeling like an outsider in his own home if he ever felt that way.

I'm sorry you feel like that. It shouldn't happen.

What a sad existence for a child, knowing that you don't fit. No wonder he rebelled, and became difficult. He admitted that himself.

I can totally relate to Gideon feeling like an outsider in his own home if he ever felt that way.

Just experience, I'm afraid.

Could have been a lot worse if Elizabeth chose to start a relationship with her husband's best friend... I've been there and I was lucky enough not to be married. But it really sucks.

This is what makes this forum unique. We can all relate to the story with our own issues. It's real life.