SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I'm having a hard time reading my notes.  I should have transcribed them when I returned to the hotel on Friday but I went out with a couple ladies and had a few drinks in downtown Kissimmee.  As often as I go to Orlando/Kissimmee I've never been downtown.  Some interesting little bars & restaurants. 

Sylvia talked about the problems with the release of Entwined and how bad she felt about that.  She said that will never happen again.  Apparently the publisher was trying to appease the vendors apparently many were upset because the prior books were released in the e-version first.  Vendors were unhappy because they felt they lost a lot of paper sales.  The publisher thought changing the date to June would make the vendors happy because June is a slow month for books.  What actually happened was Walmart cancelled their order and Target reduced the order for Entwined.  She said they had to eat crow because the book is so popular Target sold out and had to reorder and Walmart had to get books on their shelves because fans were asking for them.

So basically penguin screwed up royally!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Sharon!!! All this info is making me crazy!!!!! I was patiently waiting for CBY but now... I cant freaking wait!!!!!!!!!! 

The fact that she said Monica's story is BIG has my mind going in all different directions... and we might hear from Gideon in book 5?!?

Excuse me while I go faint... 

I know.  Those of us at the Day after Dark event were going crazy rehashing everything Sylvia said.  It was great.  I was trying to record it but I didn't realize that my phone was out of juice.  I know I'm missing something but I think I got most of the important things.  She did spend time talking about her other series but I didn't include that information in these posts.  If anyone gets the opportunity to attend an event that features Sylvia I highly recommend it.  She is so generous with her time I was amazed how much she talked to me even if she wouldn't answer a question I posed.  She always explained why she wouldn't answer.

I know.  Those of us at the Day after Dark event were going crazy rehashing everything Sylvia said.  It was great.  I was trying to record it but I didn't realize that my phone was out of juice.  I know I'm missing something but I think I got most of the important things.  She did spend time talking about her other series but I didn't include that information in these posts.  If anyone gets the opportunity to attend an event that features Sylvia I highly recommend it.  She is so generous with her time I was amazed how much she talked to me even if she wouldn't answer a question I posed.  She always explained why she wouldn't answer.

I love how much time and respect she has for her fans. It's. shame some "fans" don't reciprocate. Not many authors do this.

Just think she is awesome.

Has anyone got Kirstens phone number? Lol we need her! Lol :)

I think she is probably sleeping.  She was working on Friday setting up for the the Saturday event.  Saturday evening they were having something with 40 of the authors that sounded like a drinking get together.  I'm not sure who was attending but if Sylvia was there I'll bet it was fun.  There are a lot of friends among the romance authors and everyone I met was great.  I talked to as many as I could (the people I read first).  I was amazed how much fun they were.  Shayla Black was there with her husband.  He was a riot.    Maya Banks was fun too.  I'm sure Kristen has some stories.

I love her for that! For always being there for her readers and always thinks of us... even if some are rude like the woman you mentioned earlier! 

I think she is probably sleeping.  She was working on Friday setting up for the the Saturday event.  Saturday evening they were having something with 40 of the authors that sounded like a drinking get together.  I'm not sure who was attending but if Sylvia was there I'll be it was fun.  There are a lot of friends among the romance authors and everyone I met was great.  I talked to as many as I could (the people I read first).  I was amazed how much fun they were.  Shayla Black was there with her husband.  He was a riot.    Maya Banks was fun too.  I'm sure Kristen has some stories.

You have given us so much to think about Sharon. Thank you for going and telling us this information. Much appreciated. :D

I love how much time and respect she has for her fans. It's. shame some "fans" don't reciprocate. Not many authors do this.

Just think she is awesome.

Me too.  I will buy every book she writes from now on.  I'm not really into the paranormal but my daughter is.  I told her I will get them for her to read. 

That reminds me.  Sylvia was talking about her writing methods and she said she can't write unless she is reading.  She said if she is writing historical romance she reads current romance or paranormal.  If she is writing paranormal she reads another genre.  She said it helps her story come together.

I'm having a hard time reading my notes.  I should have transcribed them when I returned to the hotel on Friday but I went out with a couple ladies and had a few drinks in downtown Kissimmee.  As often as I go to Orlando/Kissimmee I've never been downtown.  Some interesting little bars & restaurants. 

Sylvia talked about the problems with the release of Entwined and how bad she felt about that.  She said that will never happen again.  Apparently the publisher was trying to appease the vendors many were upset because the prior books were released in the e-version first.  Vendors were unhappy because they felt they lost a lot of paper sales.  The publisher thought changing the date to June would make the vendors happy because June is a slow month for books.  What actually happened was Walmart cancelled their order and Target reduced the order for Entwined.  She said they had to eat crow because the book is so popular Target sold out and had to reorder and Walmart had to get books on their shelves because fans were asking for them.   

LOL   first time I've heard Kissimmee described as interesting or were you saying interesting (?).   

Maybe Gideon and Victor will go to a baseball game together, over the summer Gideon was always fu$$ing Eva, running after her or Corinne, and basically getting himself into trouble LOL ...He needs to attend some baseball games just for a little relaxation after all the stress over the summer. :) :)

I think Gideon should go to SD and hang out with Victor. I feel like it would be weird if he doesn't go.