The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

afraid not but maybe I'll take a vacation day June 4th...actually I can't already booked. lol..I'll find the time to read and I'm sure I'll read it 70 times like the other two...

Some of us office staff can be bribed to "pad the schedule" to provide down time (for our reading time) Too bad we're in different offices and my provider isn't into this series...

I just wondering if she's going to start the chapter right were we left off in RIY ,like go right to what happened after she hugged him or will there be something in between first ... I just can't wait !! What does everyone else think??

i think It was said it would continue straight from the other one. We hope!

i think it is safe to say that we will be waiting. Perhaps chapter 1 will include Gideons pov? We may not even get that far. Only a couple of hours into the story. Da*n it!!!

*sigh* I guess the first chapter will be posted 0900 eastern daylight savings time?

I will be working and won't have access to read it until my lunch break.....boo...lol!

I could read about Eva and Gideon if it takes 10 books. Just don't make me wait for the next book for months I hate the wait!

Not liking the black shoes on snapshot. I imagine Eva has better taste.

Mrs. C I had that same thought those shoes are so bland and I'm sure Eva's heels would be higher hopefully they're not Sylvia's shoes I apologize in advance Sylvia. LOL

I just wondering if she's going to start the chapter right were we left off in RIY ,like go right to what happened after she hugged him or will there be something in between first ... I just can't wait !! What does everyone else think??

Could it be possible that almost all of the snippets Sylvia has released are from chapter 1. I hope not. Hopefully they are from different places in the entire book. We'll see.

Except can't they use the rock concert fight as a display of Gideons affection for Eva. He "lost control when seeing her kiss another man" and "picture how he would "loose control" when confronted by her former rapist/attacker/tormenter/step-brother".

Through a parade of defense witnesses, they could make a good argument his reaction wasn't to be jealous of Brett -- it was to become furious with Eva for making a fool out of him. His brand new girlfriend cheated on him with some guy who technically works for Gideon. He attacked Brett out of wounded male pride, not jealousy. As for Eva, the defense could spin the story he was totally disgusted to find out who she really was. He made his bodyguard and a friend of his haul her away. In other words, he dumped her right on the spot. Couldn't even stand the sight of her anymore.

On one level, Eva did cheat -- in a moment of weakness driven by her own demons of insecurity, she did something to get even with Gideon over Corrine. No, she didn't f*** Brett. But she did make out with him. A part of her was still wracked with doubts -- maybe Gideon really did have a nooner with Corrine in his office that time. He was still hot for his ex-lover. Now, here was an ex-lover of Eva's, still hot for her. So she fooled around with him a little bit by passionately kissing him.

Gideon's not the only one who has done some really stupid things in their relationship. Eva has screwed up too. What she did with Brett was perhaps the worst thing she did to hurt Gideon. And Gideon's first reaction was to be disgusted with her -- he meant it when he told Angus and Arnoldo to get her out of his sight.

After he'd gotten the leash back on his temper (i.e. finally having hit/kicked Brett enough) he decided to punish Eva. When he had Angus bring her back, Gideon started off by treating her coldly, a lot worse than the cold way he'd treated her in the back of his limo right after they'd made love for the first time. Back then, Eva thought (wrongly) that Gideon probably thought she'd acted like a s***. But this time, it wasn't some headtrip of Gideon's for why he was cold -- because of the Brett incident, Gideon started off by actually treating her like one . Even she figured that out -- and accused him of treating her like a s***.

Fast forward to later that weekend, down in North Carolina, after they'd reconciled and become even closer. And started to talk about some serious things, including her own past. Eva told Gideon about the person she'd been back in the Brett days, back when she was still a mess, before real help she got from Dr. Travis changed her life. A recovering s*** is what she described herself as being.

OK, so why if Gideon sent Eva away in disgust the Friday night of the concert -- then why did he one week later sit down to a family dinner at her apartment? The two lead detectives in the case actually found him there. How could the defense explain that away when Detective Graves and her partner both take the stand to testify Gideon was at Eva's a week after he supposedly dumped her?

Here's what a defense lawyer could get out of both detectives under cross-examination, stuff that could convince the jury that Gideon and Eva's relationship was on life support at that point -- and going down hill fast.

Where was Gideon when the cops came in?

Across the other side of the room, hardly looking at Eva.

What happened when Eva almost fainted?

Gideon just stood there while other people took care of Eva. He didn't even say anything to comfort her, let alone hold her like some man in love would do under the circumstances. Quite frankly, he was a total jerk the whole time.

How about when you asked him in front of his supposed girlfriend where was he Thursday?

Well, he didn't want to say, not in front of Eva and her father anyway. He did walk us out though, and once well out of earshot ... (well, whatever happened: either he immediately offered his alibi and then refused to say anything else, or he just promised he'd answer questions the next morning, with his lawyer beside him.

So where was he on Thursday, anyway?

At a work-related party.

Was there someone there with him?

Corrine Giroux.

Your Honor, I'd like to introduce defense exhibit (number such and such) ....

.... and then the jury gets to see that photo of Gideon with his arm around Corrine's waist, his lips almost touching her face, her laughing and obviously having a wonderful night out .... oh and the jury could find out that while Gideon was out partying with Corrine, Eva was sitting home with her roommate who had just gotten out of the hospital.

Now really .... can you jurors believe Gideon still wanted Eva after that concert incident? Seriously?

Maybe Victor and Monica were talking about why she didn't tell him about what Nathan Did to Eva..! They were talking over drinks and somehow Monica ended up in bed with Victor..!

That's hysterical MrsC! I could see that happening....if Victor wasn't absolutly livid at Monica!

Mrs. C I had that same thought those shoes are so bland and I'm sure Eva's heels would be higher hopefully they're not Sylvia's shoes I apologize in advance Sylvia. LOL

I think it may be a work outfit. Maybe they got it on right after work...too bad it's not Gideon's office couch...maybe they could have their promised office romp .. :)

Could it be possible that almost all of the snippets Sylvia has released are from chapter 1. I hope not. Hopefully they are from different places in the entire book. We'll see.

Sylvia said that each snapshot ties in w/ each chapter...so today isSnapshot 13 for Chapter 13

OK, so why if Gideon sent Eva away in disgust the Friday night of the concert -- then why did he one week later sit down to a family dinner at her apartment? The two lead detectives in the case actually found him there. How could the defense explain that away when Detective Graves and her partner both take the stand to testify Gideon was at Eva's a week after he supposedly dumped her?

Here's what a defense lawyer could get out of both detectives under cross-examination, stuff that could convince the jury that Gideon and Eva's relationship was on life support at that point -- and going down hill fast.

Where was Gideon when the cops came in?

Across the other side of the room, hardly looking at Eva.

What happened when Eva almost fainted?

Gideon just stood there while other people took care of Eva. He didn't even say anything to comfort her, let alone hold her like some man in love would do under the circumstances. Quite frankly, he was a total jerk the whole time.

How about when you asked him in front of his supposed girlfriend where was he Thursday?

Well, he didn't want to say, not in front of Eva and her father anyway. He did walk us out though, and once well out of earshot ... (well, whatever happened: either he immediately offered his alibi and then refused to say anything else, or he just promised he'd answer questions the next morning, with his lawyer beside him.

So where was he on Thursday, anyway?

At a work-related party.

Was there someone there with him?

Corrine Giroux.

Your Honor, I'd like to introduce defense exhibit (number such and such) ....

.... and then the jury gets to see that photo of Gideon with his arm around Corrine's waist, his lips almost touching her face, her laughing and obviously having a wonderful night out .... oh and the jury could find out that while Gideon was out partying with Corrine, Eva was sitting home with her roommate who had just gotten out of the hospital.

Now really .... can you jurors believe Gideon still wanted Eva after that concert incident? Seriously?

Good point...he was soooo cold :(  He must've been dying to console her, but couldn't.

Also, I was thinking, since Eva was a minor when she was abused, couldn't her files not be released? They coulnd't release her name, just Nathan's, no? Wouldn't she still be protected b/c she was a minor when it occured? Or does that not matter anymore b/c she's an adult. I'd feel terrible if her abuse did get leaked...that would just be horrible. The fact that her own father doesn't know...

Good point...he was soooo cold :(  He must've been dying to console her, but couldn't.

Also, I was thinking, since Eva was a minor when she was abused, couldn't her files not be released? They coulnd't release her name, just Nathan's, no? Wouldn't she still be protected b/c she was a minor when it occured? Or does that not matter anymore b/c she's an adult. I'd feel terrible if her abuse did get leaked...that would just be horrible. The fact that her own father doesn't know...

It's not really "Eva's" file. It's "Nathan's criminal file" that spells out what he did -- and who he did it to.

Each different state in the United States has its own set of criminal laws and its own system of criminal courts. The vast, vast, majority of criminal cases are handled in state courts. So there's huge variations of what's contained in the actual file folders (and increasingly these days in the computer file) depending upon how each state keeps its files for cases.

However, there are some things that are universal in the criminal courts of every single state. Because even though each state has its own set of laws, the U.S. Constitution sets out certain rights that all criminal defendants must be given -- so all the criminal courts in all the states have to do some things the exact same way.

And one of those Constitutional rights .... which would apply to Eva's case regardless .... is the so-called right to face an accuser. If a case goes to trial and the victim testifies, his/her full name becomes part of the trial record. It's in the transcripts and mostly everything else.

In Nathan's case, Sylvia told us recently he was prosecuted as a juvenile. Unlike adult criminal cases, which absolutely must be handled in open courtrooms (another Constitutional right), juvie cases are handled behind closed doors, and the records are sealed from public view. But Eva's name will be all over those records, and if someone leaked the records to an outsider (like some unscrupulous media) it'd be out there.

Maybe Victor and Monica were talking about why she didn't tell him about what Nathan Did to Eva..! They were talking over drinks and somehow Monica ended up in bed with Victor..!

Oh I so want Victor to get over his love/ for Monica and fall for a real woman hopefully when he finds out the truth about the his baby girl went through that should do the trick...

Hello all,

I'm very late to the game here.  I just found this site while at lunch today searching for the release date of the next book in this series.  I only had time to read the comments through page 6 and I'm confused.  I thought Det Graves told Eva they were dropping the case against Gideon.  I lent my book to my cousin so I can't re-read and I'm too anxious to find out.  How is it that Gideon is on trial?  I can't wait for the next book. 

These are the first books I've read by Sylvia but I'm getting some more this weekend.  Great writing. 

Hello all,

I'm very late to the game here.  I just found this site while at lunch today searching for the release date of the next book in this series.  I only had time to read the comments through page 6 and I'm confused.  I thought Det Graves told Eva they were dropping the case against Gideon.  I lent my book to my cousin so I can't re-read and I'm too anxious to find out.  How is it that Gideon is on trial?  I can't wait for the next book. 

These are the first books I've read by Sylvia but I'm getting some more this weekend.  Great writing. 

Everyone on this forum thinks that Detective Graves lied to Eva just so she would go running to Gideon and he'll slip up because he is in fact their chief suspect...

That's hysterical MrsC! I could see that happening....if Victor wasn't absolutly livid at Monica!

I think it may be a work outfit. Maybe they got it on right after work...too bad it's not Gideon's office couch...maybe they could have their promised office romp .. :)

Sylvia said that each snapshot ties in w/ each chapter...so today isSnapshot 13 for Chapter 13

Hi Nathalia. I know that each snapshot coincides with a chapter, but the snippets don't. I was wondering if the snippets all come from the first chapter or from throughout the book. I guess we will have to wait till next Tuesday.

Hi Nathalia,

I was wondering if any of our lawyer sisters (or DA's or judges) would be able to give an accurate assessment of what might happen in the case of a deceased criminal minor. Would privilege survive death (i.e. would the case remain sealed regardless of the criminal’s death…thereby effectively securing Eva’s anonymity?)?   

The other quick question that I had was since these two individuals were minors when Nathan committed these crimes, would Eva’s name still be protected?  I know that Eva would have been testifying as a witness for the prosecution and as such could have expected some anonymity, but I guess the question is; how much?   

I know that in Canada privilege is survived by death (i.e. even if someone dies a person cannot gain access to their medical and/or criminal records unless specific permission is given by the family).  Is it the same case in the US?   Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Sscrph,

Could you do me a favour and post what your scenario of how a wedding might play out between Gideon and Eva?  I would love to read it. :)  I am sorry thus far, my eyes have started swirling around in their sockets from all the postings and I haven’t found it.  I have probably gone past it a dozen times and I can’t seem to see it (sigh!  :))…that’s what I get for being tired. :)  Thanks.  :)

Hi Sharonm745,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)   Gideon isn’t on trial per say, we have all just been speculating and coming up with theories and then have been dissecting them into smithereens until the release of the next book on June 4th. 

Thus far some of the members in the forum have been speculating as to whether Gideon will be charged with Nathan’s murder.  Some people believe so and have been presenting their theories and arguments as to how the scenario might play out. 

Hi MrsCrossfire,

Do you think that if Victor found out about what a stinky mother she has and had been to Eva that Victor would still entertain the notion of going to bed with her? 

I think that if Monica could somehow figure out a way to get Victor into even after he finds out about what happened when Eva was a little girl and how Monica purposely kept Eva in the dark when Nathan came back into town, then  Monica must have some kind of magical va***a!!  Either that or Victor would be the stupidest person on the face of this earth.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Ok, I have to ask a stupid question. I have read RIY too many times to count and am I missing clues to G meeting with his security team the Tuesday after they returned from NC? I know that we know he did not go to his apt with the Dr. that might. Can anyone help me out.

I like your theory. It helps explain a lot!

Sorry for chiming in soo late in regards to yesterday's snapshot but I was thinking if the premise is both Gideon and Eva have to continue to have "stolen moments" together that possibly this is her clothing re: dressing in disguise and secretly having a rendezvous with Gideon, no?

Also have a wild thought that it might be connected to Monica and Victor. Those too ooze sexual tension//love/sensuality whenever they are in near proximity to each other.... Ummm, this might be farfetched though.