The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I am trying to figure out what is going to be the reason Victor comes back to NYC so soon.

Yes I wonder how he will actually find out if it be Graves herself or his own detective work. Or for that matter another idea is that what if he calls Monica herself and asks what the deal was with Eva's step brother . After all she ought to know it was her stepson... That being said he knows something is rotten in the state of Denmark and he is after all a cop and a trained observer so it's just a matter of time before it all blows up like the song "this place s about to blow" ...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I wonder how he will actually find out if it be Graves herself or his own detective work. Or for that matter another idea is that what if he calls Monica herself and asks what the deal was with Eva's step brother . After all she ought to know it was her stepson... That being said he knows something is rotten in the state of Denmark and he is after all a cop and a trained observer so it's just a matter of time before it all blows up like the song "this place s about to blow" ...

I'm actually surprised he went home, knowing that his daughter had been interviewed by the police investigating a murder so close to home. Especially given Eva's reaction to the news. Didnt alarm bells start ringing? Or perhaps he thought he could investigate better from his side of the country.

I am trying to figure out what is going to be the reason Victor comes back to NYC so soon.

I personally think when Victor went back to work he accessed the file on Nathan's death and took it from there and has come back to ask Eva outright what had been going on and try and get some answers for himself.

I'm actually surprised he went home, knowing that his daughter had been interviewed by the police investigating a murder so close to home. Especially given Eva's reaction to the news. Didnt alarm bells start ringing? Or perhaps he thought he could investigate better from his side of the country.

Totally agree something is not right here I wonder if this is the bombshell I think SD will drop on us ...

Totally agree something is not right here I wonder if this is the bombshell I think SD will drop on us ...

I'm sure his alarm bells went off. But as far as his own daughter went, Victor instantly saw by her reactions exactly what the detectives saw -- Eva wasn't involved in any way, shape or form. Graves and her partner crossed Eva right off their list.

Victor already started investigating -- investigating Gideon -- after Eva went to bed. When the cops were there, they asked Gideon about his whereabouts Thursday. Gideon avoided talking about that in front of Eva, instead going off with the cops. Victor found out Gideon was partying with Corrine. He also would have found out all about the media feeding frenzy that Gideon was dating Corrine again.

Note: the very short "Page 6" story Eva saw was really bland, just saying where and when the party was, and the caption was tame too, just giving Corrine's name. However, the photograph itself was anything but tame. I think Victor chose that particular story and picture to show Eva for two reasons: 1. it confirmed exactly where Gideon was on Thursday. 2. any other story online probably would have been a lot uglier for Eva.

For plot purposes, that bland story is crucial. It's obviously a press release Gideon's people gave the New York Daily News (which runs the celebrity gossip feature Page 6) sometime after 9 p.m., close to deadline so that the paper would run it as is. Because it said exactly what Gideon needed the cops to read -- between 6-9 p.m. he was at a work party. That was his alibi. His arm wrapped around Corrine was a two-fer, to protect him against motive - Corrine, not Eva, was the serious woman in his life, so he had no motive to want to kill Nathan.

I'll bet that based on that story and photo, the cops would have simply concluded "he has an alibi, and because he'd already left Eva for his ex fiancee, he doesn't have motive either." The cops would have quickly crossed him off the suspect list. He could have simply waited a little bit longer to make sure the coast was clear, then dump Corrine and go back to Eva. Um, no, didn't happen.

Eva talks to her Dad on the phone every Saturday, but there's no mention she spoke with him the weekend after he had gone home (i.e. the Saturday of the "spa day" -- one week to the day after Eva dumped Gideon). Maybe because Eva was out with Cary, Monica and Stanton that evening, Victor tried to reach her but just got her cell. Or maybe he skipped talking to her for a reason -- wanting to hold off because he was in the middle of still doing his own investigation, and wanted to wait until he had his ducks in a row to talk to Eva -- maybe talk to her in person by flying back to New York.

I had the idea that he didn't really go home but then I wondered why he would stay in NY and not with Eva. My guess is he went home and started to investigate and then put in for extended leave for personal reasons and returned to NY unannounced. 

I had the idea that he didn't really go home but then I wondered why he would stay in NY and not with Eva. My guess is he went home and started to investigate and then put in for extended leave for personal reasons and returned to NY unannounced. 

That might explain why Victor didn't talk with Eva on the phone on Saturday night (i.e. which would have been the weekend following his visit to Eva and also was only a few days before the end of Reflected, which wraps up on Wednesday evening.)

1. Maybe he has been hanging around New York doing his own digging? 
  2. Trying (likely in vain) to get to see Monica to demand to be told what was the deal with Eva's former stepbrother? Whatever bad happened was eight-plus years ago, so Eva was still a teenager.
  3. Trying (definitely in vain) to see Gideon to demand to know why the cops also wanted to talk to him (Gideon) about Nathan? Gideon definitely knows something, Victor saw for himself.
  4. Even hounding the detectives, cop-to-cop, about why they're investigating Nathan's death?

If that last one is true, then the big question is -- what, if anything, has Detective Graves told Victor? And when? Wednesday evening, Graves went to Eva, and if it's true Graves is trying to trap Gideon, Graves just threw Eva into the deep end. Is Graves going to try to involve Victor in order to get him -- cop to cop -- to convince Eva to save herself by turning against Gideon?

Not that I want to get all FSOG but for those who read it, readers ultimately realized the significance of Christian's obsession with Ana and wanting her to eat and the like and slowly I am picking up some interesting association with Eva and trying to piece together the significance of this even to the point of both Gid and Arnoldo commenting on how much of a pleasure (I am paraphrasing) it is to watch Eva eat.  I may be reading too much into this but anyone have any thoughts?

Also, for someone like Gid where "I love You" doesn’t fully capture his feelings for Eva and the like it always struck me as very interesting when initially in regards to Cary/Eva relationship he asked her and actually thought that Cary was in love with Eva and the like whereas when it comes to Eva and other "interesting" men in her life it's always him asserting that they "want her" and want to "f" her.....  Anyone find this interesting as well? 

Gid flat out stated that he knows "Love" when he sees it in regards to Cary/Eva and the who drama with the pic taken by the paps but then again for Eva, saying "I love you" just doesnt do justice.  I tried asking SD this and she stated that more or less we will know when Eva does what the equilavent of "I Love you" is in Gid's world but thought I should see what others thinks

sorry for the random digression......

[quote name="KiMa" post="10111"

Also, for someone like Gid where "I love You" doesn’t fully capture his feelings for Eva and the like it always struck me as very interesting when initially in regards to Cary/Eva relationship he asked her and actually thought that Cary was in love with Eva and the like whereas when it comes to Eva and other "interesting" men in her life it's always him asserting that they "want her" and want to "f" her.....  Anyone find this interesting as well? 

The reason Gideon says that men want to f*ck her is his insecurities, he can't understand why she wants him, when she has the pick of any other man. Why did she choose him? He knows he is screwed up, she knows he is screwed up, so why him? She doesn't want him for his money, or status. For Eva it's love. He can't comprehend this. He is worried constantly that she will go off with another man, ie Brett.(never going to happen).

Poor chap is clueless. :(

[

I think he has probably gone back home to have some peace to investigate further, I think if he stayed in NYC he would have been hindered by Eva asking him to drop it 

I'm sure his alarm bells went off. But as far as his own daughter went, Victor instantly saw by her reactions exactly what the detectives saw -- Eva wasn't involved in any way, shape or form. Graves and her partner crossed Eva right off their list.

Victor already started investigating -- investigating Gideon -- after Eva went to bed. When the cops were there, they asked Gideon about his whereabouts Thursday. Gideon avoided talking about that in front of Eva, instead going off with the cops. Victor found out Gideon was partying with Corrine. He also would have found out all about the media feeding frenzy that Gideon was dating Corrine again.

Note: the very short "Page 6" story Eva saw was really bland, just saying where and when the party was, and the caption was tame too, just giving Corrine's name. However, the photograph itself was anything but tame. I think Victor chose that particular story and picture to show Eva for two reasons: 1. it confirmed exactly where Gideon was on Thursday. 2. any other story online probably would have been a lot uglier for Eva.

For plot purposes, that bland story is crucial. It's obviously a press release Gideon's people gave the New York Daily News (which runs the celebrity gossip feature Page 6) sometime after 9 p.m., close to deadline so that the paper would run it as is. Because it said exactly what Gideon needed the cops to read -- between 6-9 p.m. he was at a work party. That was his alibi. His arm wrapped around Corrine was a two-fer, to protect him against motive - Corrine, not Eva, was the serious woman in his life, so he had no motive to want to kill Nathan.

I'll bet that based on that story and photo, the cops would have simply concluded "he has an alibi, and because he'd already left Eva for his ex fiancee, he doesn't have motive either." The cops would have quickly crossed him off the suspect list. He could have simply waited a little bit longer to make sure the coast was clear, then dump Corrine and go back to Eva. Um, no, didn't happen.

Mind you the phone call Eva gave to Gideon after reading that article and her dad seeing the article in the words of Gideon "shredded me" it broke my heart hearing her that low (on audio book) and the letter she wrote to him as well that Wednesday night when he came over, OMG I was in tears, that bit always gets me.

That might explain why Victor didn't talk with Eva on the phone on Saturday night (i.e. which would have been the weekend following his visit to Eva and also was only a few days before the end of Reflected, which wraps up on Wednesday evening.)

1. Maybe he has been hanging around New York doing his own digging? 
  2. Trying (likely in vain) to get to see Monica to demand to be told what was the deal with Eva's former stepbrother? Whatever bad happened was eight-plus years ago, so Eva was still a teenager.
  3. Trying (definitely in vain) to see Gideon to demand to know why the cops also wanted to talk to him (Gideon) about Nathan? Gideon definitely knows something, Victor saw for himself.
  4. Even hounding the detectives, cop-to-cop, about why they're investigating Nathan's death?

If that last one is true, then the big question is -- what, if anything, has Detective Graves told Victor? And when? Wednesday evening, Graves went to Eva, and if it's true Graves is trying to trap Gideon, Graves just threw Eva into the deep end. Is Graves going to try to involve Victor in order to get him -- cop to cop -- to convince Eva to save herself by turning against Gideon?

It is possible that Victor badgered Graves but I think if he went to see Monica or Stanton Monica would have said something to Eva, she was still upset when the police were still contacting Stanton about security tapes, and the way Monica is - unstable at times - I think if Victor had approached her Eva would know by the way her mother was.

[quote name="KiMa" post="10111"

The reason Gideon says that men want to f*ck her is his insecurities, he can't understand why she wants him, when she has the pick of any other man. Why did she choose him? He knows he is screwed up, she knows he is screwed up, so why him? She doesn't want him for his money, or status. For Eva it's love. He can't comprehend this. He is worried constantly that she will go off with another man, ie Brett.(never going to happen).

Poor chap is clueless. :(

[

I do at times feel sorry for Gideon with his insecurities, imagine how he must feel, he has had no love most of his live and this gorgeous blonde bombshell comes into his life and not for his money, I think it is going to take a wee while and a lot of persuasion from Eva that she really does love him.

Like Eva said at the end of Reflected (I know we are not there yet in the chapters a day but I finished listening to it last night) She is going to Marry Gideon which speaks volumes to Gideon so hopefully he can hold onto that and develop that and trust her feelings for him. :)

Did u all see the new clue 14 Days ...CAN YOU ESCAPE YOUR PROBLEMS...with photo of plane in the air...

for some reason it does not come up on my FB page until later on in the afternoon, but this is a quizzical question 

I cannot see Gideon trying to make a run for it, he would not be that stupid, maybe it is a wee trip away, clutching at straws here LOL :)

Just noticed the picture now on FB, I think SD is being metaphorical here not really someone trying to escape on a plane but escape emotionally and physically.

I think this will have to do with Gideon & Eva coming to terms with what Gideon has done or Cary realising he needs to sort his life out and sort his s**t out :)

• Maybe he has been hanging around New York doing his own digging? 
  • Trying (likely in vain) to get to see Monica to demand to be told what was the deal with Eva's former stepbrother? Whatever bad happened was eight-plus years ago, so Eva was still a teenager.
  • Trying (definitely in vain) to see Gideon to demand to know why the cops also wanted to talk to him (Gideon) about Nathan? Gideon definitely knows something, Victor saw for himself.
  • Even hounding the detectives, cop-to-cop, about why they're investigating Nathan's death?

I think that Victor stayed in New York and did some investigation . We not read that Eva took him to the airport just that he left but maybe not out of New York!

Has Victor already worked out that Gideon was involved in killing Nathan , has he spoke with Graves found out her thinking about things. Has Graves told Victor exactly what that beast Nathan did to Victors baby girl.

Did victor then go to Stanton to find out exactly what was going on. Especially since Stanton knew what happened to Eva and Victor didn't .

The questions are endless but 14 days and some better be answered !