The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

All they really have to do is sit back and let the media work themselves into a frenzy.

I agree, Eva needs to be up front with Brett, she aint going down that road again. but will he take no gracefully, given that he wrote a song and thought about her, hoping she would turn up at his gigs. I'm sure Victor would have something to say!

I think Brett will play fair, will soon figure out he really doesn't have a chance, and then will give up gracefully, going back to San Diego.

Unlike someone else's ex -- cough, cough -- who has fought dirty, who is deluding herself into believing she'll bed and then wed the guy ..... Who knows how well (or not) she will handle losing. Hopefully, she'll go back to France.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brett will play fair, will soon figure out he really doesn't have a chance, and then will give up gracefully, going back to San Diego.

Unlike someone else's ex -- cough, cough -- who has fought dirty, who is deluding herself into believing she'll bed and then wed the guy ..... Who knows how well (or not) she will handle losing. Hopefully, she'll go back to France.

I'm still convinced its a publicity stunt though. Or someone is mischief making.

As for the other problem. Bon voyage! :)

And hopefully GidEva will never step foot on French soil LOL!! :) :)

All they really have to do is sit back and let the media work themselves into a frenzy.

I agree, Eva needs to be up front with Brett, she aint going down that road again. but will he take no gracefully, given that he wrote a song and thought about her, hoping she would turn up at his gigs. I'm sure Victor would have something to say!

I'm actually Curious as to what Victor would say given all of this.

Victor had a real problem with Brett -- Victor figured out Eva was debasing herself being a groupie to the guy. Between that and the tattoo artist Victor literally caught cheating on Eva (and probably some other lousy boyfriends too) was what finally drove Victor to realize his daughter needed serious help. It's why Victor sent her to Dr. Travis.

So yep, I can see Victor less than thrilled by headlines of "Brett and Eva!!!!" This on top of headlines "Gideon and Corrine!!!!" (i.e. "proof" Gideon was a cheater too, just like Mr. Tattoo artist.)

Poor Victor probably will at first fear that Eva moving to New York at the start of the summer was one huge mistake, and wish he could talk her into moving back to San Diego.

Victor had a real problem with Brett -- Victor figured out Eva was debasing herself being a groupie to the guy. Between that and the tattoo artist Victor literally caught cheating on Eva (and probably some other lousy boyfriends too) was what finally drove Victor to realize his daughter needed serious help. It's why Victor sent her to Dr. Travis.

So yep, I can see Victor less than thrilled by headlines of "Brett and Eva!!!!" This on top of headlines "Gideon and Corrine!!!!" (i.e. "proof" Gideon was a cheater too, just like Mr. Tattoo artist.)

Poor Victor probably will at first fear that Eva moving to New York at the start of the summer was one huge mistake, and wish he could talk her into moving back to San Diego.

Poor Victor. At the beginning of Bared, his first conversation to Eva, he says "some nights I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about you in New York. I get through it by telling myself you're too smart to take chances, thanks to two parents who've drilled safety rules into your DNA." Oh Victor if only you knew, what's happened/happening to your little girl. He will be mortified.

I can see Eva throwing herself into her job, when the sh*t hits the fan, and the media goes mad. That will probably be her saviour.

Poor Victor. At the beginning of Bared, his first conversation to Eva, he says "some nights I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about you in New York. I get through it by telling myself you're too smart to take chances, thanks to two parents who've drilled safety rules into your DNA." Oh Victor if only you knew, what's happened/happening to your little girl. He will be mortified.

Oh, if he only knew. 

I keep dreading seeing how Victor is going to react when he finds out about the abuse Eva suffered and how Monica kept it from him all those years. He had every right as her father to know about it and do his best to help Eva feel safe afterwards. It also would have helped him understand Eva's behavior later on. I'm sure he would have found some way to follow Nathan 's trail, too, and perhaps prevented the stalking. I can only imagine how furious he will be. And he will also find out that everyone else knew - Stanton, Cary, and Gideon and still he was kept in the dark.

I keep dreading seeing how Victor is going to react when he finds out about the abuse Eva suffered and how Monica kept it from him all those years. He had every right as her father to know about it and do his best to help Eva feel safe afterwards. It also would have helped him understand Eva's behavior later on. I'm sure he would have found some way to follow Nathan 's trail, too, and perhaps prevented the stalking. I can only imagine how furious he will be. And he will also find out that everyone else knew - Stanton, Cary, and Gideon and still he was kept in the dark.

I agree.

He loves his girl,and not to be told then and kept in the dark, even now, I would think icy rage and devastation are two emotions he will feel. How would you feel?

We need Victor sooner rather than later. :)

Absolutely :) I just keep trying to picture how he would react to finding out about everything that has happened to Eva. 

I agree, I think he's going to be completely furious, but at the same time I feel bad for him. I mean, its not something that anyone wants to know, but he's been kept in the dark for this long. I think he's going to explode. 

Absolutely :) I just keep trying to picture how he would react to finding out about everything that has happened to Eva.

I agree, I think he's going to be completely furious, but at the same time I feel bad for him. I mean, its not something that anyone wants to know, but he's been kept in the dark for this long. I think he's going to explode.

I'm hoping Eva tells her father (albeit a conversation I wouldn't want to have) before he hears it from an outside source, ie Detective Graves or even worse reading about it in the papers-Eva's worse nightmare. She can then explain her reasons for not wanting him to know. That would be one emotional conversation. Poor girl.

I'm hoping Eva tells her father (albeit a conversation I wouldn't want to have) before he hears it from an outside source, ie Detective Graves or even worse reading about it in the papers-Eva's worse nightmare. She can then explain her reasons for not wanting him to know. Poor girl.

I think if she does decide she wants to do this her and Gideon will have to agree how it should take place and what would be said I don't think it's all Eva's decision now in light of what Gideonnhas done

I think if she does decide she wants to do this her and Gideon will have to agree how it should take place and what would be said I don't think it's all Eva's decision now in light of what Gideonnhas done

Agreed. But once connections were made between Nathan, Gideon and Eva, Graves and Minchin could spill the beans to Victor to try and trap Gideon.

Would Gideons legal team be told about Eva's abuse?

I'm hoping Eva tells her father (albeit a conversation I wouldn't want to have) before he hears it from an outside source, ie Detective Graves or even worse reading about it in the papers-Eva's worse nightmare. She can then explain her reasons for not wanting him to know. That would be one emotional conversation. Poor girl.

I agree. I do think it would be best if Eva were the one to tell her father what's happened. Its always worse when you find out something of this magnitude from an outside source. Its going to be just as tough on her telling him as it will be for him finding out everything. 

Personally I don't think he will be as angry with Cary & Gideon.  They are Eva's friends and they kept the secret at her request.  As far as Monica she was the parent that kept the information from him.   I think Victor would even understand that Stanton is Monica's husband and, therefore, following her lead.  I think it would be wise if Eva had the conversation with her dad.  It is possible that Gideon can help her.

Personally I don't think he will be as angry with Cary & Gideon.  They are Eva's friends and they kept the secret at her request.  As far as Monica she was the parent that kept the information from him.   I think Victor would even understand that Stanton is Monica's husband and, therefore, following her lead.  I think it would be wise if Eva had the conversation with her dad.  It is possible that Gideon can help her.

Yea I think Victor will understand Monica's position but I also think he will be bitter for some time because he was kept in the dark about the abuse, I really hope Eva is the one who has the conversation with her father. I think it would be much worse if he finds out from someone else because he would be even more upset that he had to find out that way. Maybe in book four and five we'll see how him being aware of the abuse will affect his relationship with Eva, Gideon, and Monica. I don't mean affecting it in a bad way but it will certainly have a lasting effect on him and his relationship with his daughter and so on.

My theories on how Victor will act/react with different people upon finding out -- finding out just about the abuse, mind you (not finding out yet Gideon is chief suspect in the killing.) 

Here's the order in which he'll face the individuals involved, all of whom had kept him in the dark

Eva: long hug, long cry -- and as gently and firmly as possible, insist upon her being honest with him about all the past and present, especially the recent past. Unlike other people around her, who have been less than honest with her, Victor is going to demand full disclosure. He's going to want to know exactly what Monica DID and did not do ten years ago. Want to know what Stanton did and did not do after he became Monica's third husband sometime in the past four years. He'll want to know who has told Eva what about the events of recent weeks, both before and after Nathan died. Also, he's going to demand to know what her "ex-boyfriend", Gideon, had to do with all of this.

Monica: I shudder to think. I predict that he's going to be enraged that Monica's insistence on choosing money (finding a rich husband) over love (his willingness to marry her and raise their child together) led to what happened. And that it went on for FOUR years? I think Victor will stop short of coming to hate Monica, but I think this will forever destroy his love for her. That is going to be one very bad showdown. And unlike others, who coddle and placate Monica, Victor is going to be blunt. And he's not going to let Stanton run interference either.

Stanton: once Victor is done with Monica, he'll turn on Stanton and try to subject him to cop-like interrogation, demanding to hear right from Stanton himself about his involvement in the whole mess, starting from years ago when Stanton paid big money to tighten the secrecy and continuing right on up to the recent extortion attempts. If Stanton will even agree to talk, given that Stanton has been under police investigation. Victor will be pretty insistent, however.

Gideon: same deal - Victor is going to want to interrogate Gideon just like he'll want to interrogate Stanton. But Gideon definitely will refuse to talk to Victor, probably refuse to even see Victor. The danger is too great the detectives will try to use Victor as a possible means to help nail Gideon. But I can see Victor showing up at the Crossfire anyway.

Cary: Victor will cut him slack. Cary had been in therapy with Eva and thus the stuff Cary learned there really is sacred in a way. It was appropriate both as a fellow patient and as Eva's best friend to abide by her wishes to keep his mouth shut. And Cary is a victim of Nathan too, victim of the very serious beating.

I agree Julie

My theories on how Victor will act/react with different people upon finding out -- finding out just about the abuse, mind you (not finding out yet Gideon is chief suspect in the killing.) 

Here's the order in which he'll face the individuals involved, all of whom had kept him in the dark

Eva: long hug, long cry -- and as gently and firmly as possible, insist upon her being honest with him about all the past and present, especially the recent past. Unlike other people around her, who have been less than honest with her, Victor is going to demand full disclosure. He's going to want to know exactly what Monica DID and did not do ten years ago. Want to know what Stanton did and did not do after he became Monica's third husband sometime in the past four years. He'll want to know who has told Eva what about the events of recent weeks, both before and after Nathan died. Also, he's going to demand to know what her "ex-boyfriend", Gideon, had to do with all of this.

Monica: I shudder to think. I predict that he's going to be enraged that Monica's insistence on choosing money (finding a rich husband) over love (his willingness to marry her and raise their child together) led to what happened. And that it went on for FOUR years? I think Victor will stop short of coming to hate Monica, but I think this will forever destroy his love for her. That is going to be one very bad showdown. And unlike others, who coddle and placate Monica, Victor is going to be blunt. And he's not going to let Stanton run interference either.

Stanton: once Victor is done with Monica, he'll turn on Stanton and try to subject him to cop-like interrogation, demanding to hear right from Stanton himself about his involvement in the whole mess, starting from years ago when Stanton paid big money to tighten the secrecy and continuing right on up to the recent extortion attempts. If Stanton will even agree to talk, given that Stanton has been under police investigation. Victor will be pretty insistent, however.

Gideon: same deal - Victor is going to want to interrogate Gideon just like he'll want to interrogate Stanton. But Gideon definitely will refuse to talk to Victor, probably refuse to even see Victor. The danger is too great the detectives will try to use Victor as a possible means to help nail Gideon. But I can see Victor showing up at the Crossfire anyway.

Cary: Victor will cut him slack. Cary had been in therapy with Eva and thus the stuff Cary learned there really is sacred in a way. It was appropriate both as a fellow patient and as Eva's best friend to abide by her wishes to keep his mouth shut. And Cary is a victim of Nathan too, victim of the very serious beating.

I think you summed that up extremely well. Monica is going to get the anger big time. Can't blame the chap for letting rip. it's not about Monica's guilt, it's about a 10 year old girls childhood being lost, in the most indescribable, degrading and destructive way. It's also not just the rape, she had to endure a pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage. I think he will lose all respect for Monica.

Victor will probably want to shake Gideons hand when he puts the pieces together.

I hope you are wrong about the way he deals with Gideon.  Eva loves her dad and she loves Gideon.  I the reveal to Victor is going to hard enough on Eva I don't want her to worry that her dad doesn't like Gideon too. 

I hope you are wrong about the way he deals with Gideon.  Eva loves her dad and she loves Gideon.  I the reveal to Victor is going to hard enough on Eva I don't want her to worry that her dad doesn't like Gideon too.

Your right Eva should not have to choose between these 2 men they all have been apart too long . She needs the comfort of a father 's love and the passion of a lover's love