The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Julie,

my weekend has improved a ton now that I've had my computer fixed at last, and I'm able to go on the Internet again. I really missed the forum!!!

Now I'm ready and willing to catch up with you!!!!

Thought you had been a little quiet. Good that your back. :)

Sorry, got a bit carried away. But from snippets and comments in RIY, I think he has a little trick up his sleeve. :(

Lets keep a clear head!! Lets face it these snippets and pictures are MINISCULE portions of what is actually in the book. There are 22 chapters and judging from the last 2 books there is important information in every paragraph so there will be plenty for us to sink our teeth into. There are way too many convolutions in the story for us to predict anything at this point but that being said Cary is a pot stirrer but in a good way!! These guys are in their 20's and they need to have a bit of fun!! :)

Lets keep a clear head!! Lets face it these snippets and pictures are MINISCULE portions of what is actually in the book. There are 22 chapters and judging from the last 2 books there is important information in every paragraph so there will be plenty for us to sink our teeth into. There are way too many convolutions in the story for us to predict anything at this point but that being said Cary is a pot stirrer but in a good way!! These guys are in their 20's and they need to have a bit of fun!! :)

I think the mum in me is coming out here. :)

Cary can be good for Eva, both of them know each others flaws and issues. Some of his comments and actions have hurt Eva. I just hope he sticks to his own affairs.

:) You're right sscrph. It's been so long since I've seen my 20's ( ;) ) I almost forget what it's like to be that young.

I totally agree with Cary sticking to his own affairs (and God knows he has enough to keep him busy for quite a long time!) but then Cary's onwn words pop up in my mind..."It's easier to pick apart someone else's life." and I'd say much more fun.

I totally agree with Cary sticking to his own affairs (and God knows he has enough to keep him busy for quite a long time!) but then Cary's onwn words pop up in my mind..."It's easier to pick apart someone else's life." and I'd say much more fun.

So very true he really is a lot like us after all !! :) :)

So very true.

What mischief might you cross? Not "... might you cause" but rather " ... cross."

Cross with a small "s" not capitol. Play on his name? OR .... cross paths with someone. With mischief being a factor.

• Is Cary along with the gang for the "girls night" -- and spots GidEva going at it?
  • Or if Cary is at home and he knows which club Eva and the girls are headed toward, might Cary make a phone call to tip someone off? Brett?

Oh dear. If the snapshots are any clue, the nightclub sequence starts in Chapter 9. If the plot pattern holds, with dramatic developments coming in odd numbered chapter and then the what-happens-next twists come in even number chapters, then we're in for a cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 9 and some serious decision making in Chapter 10.

Bared to You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Eva pulling her first runner on Gideon, fleeing the hotel room when she figured out is was his f*** pad. Chapter 10 - what he did about it was make her the first woman he's ever taken home with him.

Reflected in You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Gideon attacking Brett when he found Eva in Brett's arms.  Chapter 10 - what they both did was finally figure out just how bad the underlying insecurity problem was, and they arrived in North Carolina, where they'd manage to have some very honest conversations.

Personally I don't think Cary would do that as he knows that Eva is not "going to dip her feet in that pool again"  and I don't think Cary would do anything to upset Eva and risk annoying Eva or Eva falling out with him.  I think Cary maybe at the club and notice Gideon and Eva's secret meeting

Part of me, feels extremely sorry for Cary. Like Eva and Gideon, he lost control in his life through no fault of his own. His recovery is full of pitfalls, and set backs, but also he needs to wake up and smell the coffee. His self sabotaging, is never going to aid his recovery. People try to help him, but on occasions he throws it back in their faces. Unless he gets the help he needs, his life is always going to hurt Eva's. Hence no HEA till Cary is image good place.

I agree Julie, I feel sorry for Cary but deep down maybe I just want him to be a nice guy for Eva and I don't think he would do anything that would hurt her or upset her, he may not like her being back with Gideon and he will probably say so and be sceptical of the relationship but I don't think he would do anything intentially to upset Eva or to jepordise his close connection and friendship to Eva

I agree Julie, I feel sorry for Cary but deep down maybe I just want him to be a nice guy for Eva and I don't think he would do anything that would hurt her or upset her, he may not like her being back with Gideon and he will probably say so and be sceptical of the relationship but I don't think he would do anything intentially to upset Eva or to jepordise his close connection and friendship to Eva

I agree. They have a good relationship, they both lean on and understand each other, as Gabri reminded me, it's easy to pick over someone else's problems.

I think when he realises Eva is back with Gideon, he will put two and two together, and realise Gideon killed Nathan. Will it be a good thing or bad thing? As her "brother" will it worry him that Gideon is now a murderer, albeit to keep Eva safe?

I agree. They have a good relationship, they both lean on and understand each other, as Gabri reminded me, it's easy to pick over someone else's problems.

I think when he realises Eva is back with Gideon, he will put two and two together, and realise Gideon killed Nathan. Will it be a good thing or bad thing? As her "brother" will it worry him that Gideon is now a murderer, albeit to keep Eva safe?

I did wonder about that as well Julie, but I think Cary will be pleased that Nathan is dead and it may even cement his concerns that Gideon would hurt Eva, this may show him that Gideon would do anything to keep Eva safe and I think that will sit well with Cary, he will probably keep an eye out for his "baby girl" but I think he will deep down be relieved that Gideon did what he did and I think he will now see a stronger Eva and hopefully that will help him as well with his recovery.

I did wonder about that as well Julie, but I think Cary will be pleased that Nathan is dead and it may even cement his concerns that Gideon would hurt Eva, this may show him that Gideon would do anything to keep Eva safe and I think that will sit well with Cary, he will probably keep an eye out for his "baby girl" but I think he will deep down be relieved that Gideon did what he did and I think he will now see a stronger Eva and hopefully that will help him as well with his recovery.

In that interview, Sylvia said Eva would be a stronger person in EWY. So hopefully Cary as well as Gideon, will be going in the right direction. Although there are some dark days ahead for poor Gideon, by all accounts. Poor girls got her work cut out though! Gideon, Cary and Monica!

Pot stirrer is definitely the right word for Cary. I've always been bothered by the creepy way he sureptitiously filmed Magdalene and Chris Vidal. If he'd heard them discussing Eva , I suppose he might have eavesdropped in case there was something he thought she needed to be warned about, but filming them having sex I thought was yucky. I know he did capture a gloating sort of look on Vidal's face, but he couldn't have known that would show up.

That said, I still kind of like him and believe he always has Eva's best interests at heart. I don't think Trey's the right choice for either Cary or Trey. They'll always make each other miserable. Trey wants to change him and Cary compares himself to Trey and feels worthless. At least Tatiana accepts him and makes an effort to cheer him up in a perfectly intuitive way with her nurse game. I think she may turn out to have a little more depth to her later on.

In that interview, Sylvia said Eva would be a stronger person in EWY. So hopefully Cary as well as Gideon, will be going in the right direction. Although there are some dark days ahead for poor Gideon, by all accounts. Poor girls got her work cut out though! Gideon, Cary and Monica!

I know, I think there will be a role reversal in Eva and Gideon, it will now be Eva that is strong for her man and hopefully Cary will take notice and see the difference in her and think about him having that.  I agree there will probably be some dark times for Gideon and I think a bit of insecurity as well from what he has done and how Eva will handle it and if she will stay with him but I think once he sees how strong she is being he will start to open up more to Eva, well here's hoping anyway :)

I totally agree with this. Cary is not stupid he will definitely put two and two together. He will also be able to see that Eva is not totally wrecked after the break up with Gideon and I'm sure he will wonder about that. I'm sure something will happen that will have things all fall into place and the lightbulb go on in his head. Just a matter of time. Can't wait. :) :)

I am thinking about some of the comments from all of you and I wonder if Cary is really causing mischief or if Eva is causing it.  She is the one who called Gideon from the bar.  Gideon comes in and finds her dancing with someone else.  Maybe Eva is trying to leverage some power to get Gideon out in the open with their relationship.  What if she lets Deanna know that Cross is going to show up at the bar.  Could it be part of their plan to use Deanna? 

I just can't see Cary hurting Eva if he knows she wants to be with Gideon.  Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but there are so many people out to hurt these two; I like to think of Cary as an ally. 

I know, I think there will be a role reversal in Eva and Gideon, it will now be Eva that is strong for her man and hopefully Cary will take notice and see the difference in her and think about him having that.  I agree there will probably be some dark times for Gideon and I think a bit of insecurity as well from what he has done and how Eva will handle it and if she will stay with him but I think once he sees how strong she is being he will start to open up more to Eva, well here's hoping anyway :)

Hopefully they won't all suck the life out of her...

I am thinking about some of the comments from all of you and I wonder if Cary is really causing mischief or if Eva is causing it.  She is the one who called Gideon from the bar.  Gideon comes in and finds her dancing with someone else.  Maybe Eva is trying to leverage some power to get Gideon out in the open with their relationship.  What if she lets Deanna know that Cross is going to show up at the bar.  Could it be part of their plan to use Deanna? 

I just can't see Cary hurting Eva if he knows she wants to be with Gideon.  Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part but there are so many people out to hurt these two; I like to think of Cary as an ally.

I don't think for a minute that Eva and Gideon would approach Deanna, unless they wanted to manipulate her with a story. Eva knows the score regarding keeping a low profile, she is a cops daughter. Yes they will be creeping around, but they can have some time to themselves, which will be good for their relationship. Other people in their lives complicate matters. That's when those darn demon twins rear their ugly heads. Cary will be good, hopefully. :)

Hopefully they won't all suck the life out of her...

I was thinking the same thing. If she's supposed to be the strong one in the story I just hope she doesn't spread herself too thin between Cary, Gideon, Monica, and victor. I'm getting the sense Gideon is going to take up most of her energy because if the roles are reversed in a sense the once "strong" and controlled Gideon is going to need Eva now more than ever.

I had been thinking about this as well. 

I agree with you about Cary, I just can't seem to see him hurting Eva in such a way. 

I was thinking the same thing. If she's supposed to be the strong one in the story I just hope she doesn't spread herself too thin between Cary, Gideon, Monica, and victor. I'm getting the sense Gideon is going to take up most of her energy because if the roles are reversed in a sense the once "strong" and controlled Gideon is going to need Eva now more than ever.

And I also think that Eva's mothering instinct is a result of the fact that she was never properly mothered . She may not resent Monica for her lack of mothering skills but that doesn't mean that Eva didn't think she could have done better. I think Eva will be the mother Monica never was; nurturing, caring, and attentive. And since she doesn't currently have children of her own, she is honing her mothering skills on the needy people in her life...

What mischief might you cross? Not "... might you cause" but rather " ... cross."

Cross with a small "s" not capitol. Play on his name? OR .... cross paths with someone. With mischief being a factor.

• Is Cary along with the gang for the "girls night" -- and spots GidEva going at it?
  • Or if Cary is at home and he knows which club Eva and the girls are headed toward, might Cary make a phone call to tip someone off? Brett?
Oh dear. If the snapshots are any clue, the nightclub sequence starts in Chapter 9. If the plot pattern holds, with dramatic developments coming in odd numbered chapter and then the what-happens-next twists come in even number chapters, then we're in for a cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 9 and some serious decision making in Chapter 10.

Bared to You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Eva pulling her first runner on Gideon, fleeing the hotel room when she figured out is was his f*** pad. Chapter 10 - what he did about it was make her the first woman he's ever taken home with him.

Reflected in You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Gideon attacking Brett when he found Eva in Brett's arms. Chapter 10 - what they both did was finally figure out just how bad the underlying insecurity problem was, and they arrived in North Carolina, where they'd manage to have some very honest conversations.

LN Cronan

If your theory is correct , of conflict and resolution.

Snapshot 9 was the club, snapshot 10 was the diamond watch. Whatever resulted in conflict in the club, perhaps some sort of confrontation or somebody making a play for Eva, the watch is the resolution? Your theory of the watch symbolising an engagement ring? Gideon makes a big decision to put a ring on it? How do you feel about that? Or am I way off base?

This is like doing a 10,000 piece jigsaw! You keep going till a bit fits. :)

I don't think for a minute that Eva and Gideon would approach Deanna, unless they wanted to manipulate her with a story. Eva knows the score regarding keeping a low profile, she is a cops daughter. Yes they will be creeping around, but they can have some time to themselves, which will be good for their relationship. Other people in their lives complicate matters. That's when those darn demon twins rear their ugly heads. Cary will be good, hopefully. :)

Totally agree with this Julie. Any contact that GidEva have with Deanna if any will be totally premeditated. GidEva are on the same team now and together they are unstoppable. Deanna is not gonna win this one when she is up against Gideon's brilliance and Eva's real world intelligence.

And I also think that Eva's mothering instinct is a result of the fact that she was never properly mothered . She may not resent Monica for her lack of mothering skills but that doesn't mean that Eva didn't think she could have done better. I think Eva will be the mother Monica never was; nurturing, caring, and attentive. And since she doesn't currently have children of her own, she is honing her mothering skills on the needy people in her life...

Most definitely.

Monica's mothering skills, were probably due to how she was raised. Also being a single mother, with no family support, and young herself.

Eva is more grounded. She wanted to start her career at the bottom of the ladder, and work her way up on her own merits. Not trading on Stanton's name.

She wants Gideon for love, not for his money, like Monica did with her husbands.

Eva will be fine, once she and Gideon are in the right places.