The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hmmmm -- in Chapter 3 of Reflected, today's re-read, Gideon again threatens to spank Eva. This time, he's really mad at her and he blurts out the spanking as an actual threatened punishment. At the time, they were having one of their worst fights ever, in the immediate aftermath of the Corrine "nooner" stunt.

This is the third time he's told Eva he wants to spank her. The other two times were

1. First week they'd met -- her taunting him over the telephone about her steadfast refusals of her sexual propositions. She pushes her teasing a little too far by suggesting he go find a woman to f*** senseless so he can get back to his obsessive-compulsive life. He warns her if she insults him again, he'll spank her over it. At the time he's half serious

2. The night she met Corrine -- during the discussion afterward in her (Eva's) apartment, when Gideon joked that if Eva didn't quit thinking of them as temporary, he'd spank her. This time it's said in loving jest.

Hmm -- two spanking threats in under 24 hours, both of them triggered by disagreement over Corrine.

The one time Gideon probably literally wanted to spank Eva was in the limo right after the kissing-Brett episode. He didn't, but he did engage in some BDSM behaviors, including:

• Ordering her to shut up and make him come (master-slave dynamic)
  • Refusing to allow her to come (or***m denial, which is another BDSM master-slave behavior directed against the slave)
  • Telling her to strip but for her boots (making clothing a fetish article).
  • When she'd gotten sick of him treating her like a w**** he reminded her she could put a stop to things by using her safeword (that is a crucial part of BDSM)
If Gideon has gone down the BDSM road to gain ultimate control, could he also be using it to punish brunettes like his mother (Elizabeth) who basically abandoned him as a child, and it's his way of revenge, making him feel like he is punishing his mother for his abuse and hurt.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to take these pictures with a grain of salt. They are not from Sylvia, right?

The daily countdown pictures (like the handcuff ones this morning) are being created by her current publisher, and she's been posting them to her Facebook page, so she is involved with them. 

The twice-weekly snapshot pictures (on Tuesdays and Fridays) she's been posting on her own main website, www.sylviaday.com -- I take that to mean she herself is overseeing the creation of those.

We've been cautioned to not take the pictures too literally -- the pictures are for us to look at. They're meant to be hints.

I can picture her laughing in delight as some of us over-analyzed snapshot #13, the women's clothing strewn around the foot of a bed. Was that a pair of black stockings or pantyhose? Because Eva wears stockings - if that was pantyhose, it must mean someone else, LOL.  Proof of just how obsessed we are with Eva and Gideon ;)

Snapshot #18 http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/05/17/entwined-snapshot-18/

It's a private plane on the ground at an airport, the door open and the set of stairs in position for passengers to board or exit.

Please -- let the last ride Gideon Cross ever gives Corrine is a flight on one of his private jets, a flight back to France in the company of her estranged husband.

Get her gone so that Eva can once again engage in her transportation fetish by doing Gideon in every luxury vehicle he owns. OK, well maybe not the Bentley -- it'd be TMI for Angus. They've always used the limo, whose back can be sealed off visually and audibly from the driver's end.

The daily countdown pictures (like the handcuff ones this morning) are being created by her current publisher, and she's been posting them to her Facebook page, so she is involved with them. 

The twice-weekly snapshot pictures (on Tuesdays and Fridays) she's been posting on her own main website, www.sylviaday.com -- I take that to mean she herself is overseeing the creation of those.

We've been cautioned to not take the pictures too literally -- the pictures are for us to look at. They're meant to be hints.

I can picture her laughing in delight as some of us over-analyzed snapshot #13, the women's clothing strewn around the foot of a bed. Was that a pair of black stockings or pantyhose? Because Eva wears stockings - if that was pantyhose, it must mean someone else, LOL.  Proof of just how obsessed we are with Eva and Gideon ;)

It's a private plane on the ground at an airport, the door open and the set of stairs in position for passengers to board or exit.

Please -- let the last ride Gideon Cross ever gives Corrine is a flight on one of his private jets, a flight back to France in the company of her estranged husband.

Get her gone so that Eva can once again engage in her transportation fetish by doing Gideon in every luxury vehicle he owns. OK, well maybe not the Bentley -- it'd be TMI for Angus. They've always used the limo, whose back can be sealed off visually and audibly from the driver's end.

What's TMI.?

Please make sure she is handcuffed to a seat. Lol

And let's make sure his hand is not at the small of her back when she boards that plane :) Au Revoir Corinne!!!

I think this may symbolize Corrine's departure!! The picture before this was the passport, right? See ya later Corrine!!!!

Gideon sending Corrine back to her husband whole after making Corrine realize their business is forever finished now -- that it had been finished on his part years ago and now it finally can be finished on her end?

This would be progress over Gideon sending Anne Lucas broken back to her own husband, one of Gideon's, shall we say, less than finer hours.

Note: my wish for things to end halfway decently once Gideon quits using Corrine is a wish for him -- the guy has more than enough guilt to carry around without the additional burden of Corrine. As for Corrine, I could care less -- happy and whole, miserable and broken. She bought this on herself, fought dirty, and let herself get used.

The quote is "Do the choices you make in life follow you everywhere?"

Main Theories:

• The quote refers to Corrine -- who has a history of literally following Gideon.
  • The pair of handcuffs - two sets would be used if cuffing someone's arms to a bed. I'm thinking Gideon did engage in BDSM with Corrine. I think Gideon told Eva a half truth when he said the hotel-trysts-but-no-staying-the-night had been the dealbreak with Corrine. The whole truth was Corrine finally got fed up with Gideon just f******* her, not making love to her, and that's why she pulled the ultimatum, hoping that part of his efforts to not lose her would finally involve lovemaking.
  • Black bra: the color is the symbol here, black as in brunette. Gideon's past choices of always picking brunettes. In Chapter 1 of Reflected, Gideon admitted if he had been picking brunettes, it was an unconscious choice. Eva was convinced Corrine was the unconscious factor, but maybe it's a Mommy issue and Gideon will figure that out in Entwined.

Alternate theories if it's another brunette we're talking about - Deanna Johnson.

• She's digging into Gideon's past (which would involve past choices) and is following him around figuratively -- working on an investigative piece about him.
  • Also, if Eva's intuition is right that Deanna is one of Gideon's sex partners, then it's possible he engaged in BDSM in the hotel room with her, f***** her either once or twice, then threw her onto the reject pile, with her angry thinking that because she's a beautiful brunette, he was supposed to start dating her (those pesky expectations).

Too bad Deanna didn't have Magdalene to clue her in beforehand that once Gideon shoved his d*** into Deanna, he was done with her. If Deanna's goal was to become a girlfriend, she ought not to have gone to bed with him.

Too bad Gideon let his "little head do all the thinking" by figuratively screwing over a journalist. Had his big head done the thinking, he'd have known that as a celebrity, he needed to be extra careful about making enemies out of journalists, thus it'd be a very bad idea to bed-then-instantly-reject one.

I am always anxious to get to this board in the morning to see everyone's thoughts and theories.Thanks ladies.

Gideon sending Corrine back to her husband whole after making Corrine realize their business is forever finished now -- that it had been finished on his part years ago and now it finally can be finished on her end?

This would be progress over Gideon sending Anne Lucas broken back to her own husband, one of Gideon's, shall we say, less than finer hours.

Note: my wish for things to end halfway decently once Gideon quits using Corrine is a wish for him -- the guy has more than enough guilt to carry around without the additional burden of Corrine. As for Corrine, I could care less -- happy and whole, miserable and broken. She bought this on herself, fought dirty, and let herself get used.

Well said.

Right she's gone who's next?

I AGREE:)

This had me laughing so hard!

Don't spoil our fun! Lol. :)

It's payback time.

Perhaps Corinne should be put in a crate, handcuffed and blindfolded(hmm wonder where that came from :) )and shipped back to France.

Sorry I have a wicked sense of humour. ;)

As Sylvia explained in that excellent interview this past Tuesday, her characters come to her fully formed. The impression I continue to get is that she mostly feels bad for Corrine. Certainly, Eva herself told Corrine she (Eva) pities her (this near the end of Reflected during the showdown the two have.)

As an author, she must have been initially taken by surprise just how unpopular the character became among the fan community. But judging by her good humor when the topic came up during the interview, she's got it that we can't stand Corrine.

Personally, what sets me off about the character is:

1. She's two-faced
  2. She's manipulative
  3. She's selfish
  4. The person she's supposed to love (Gideon) keeps ending up as collateral damage every time she hurts her rival

As Sylvia explained in that excellent interview this past Tuesday, her characters come to her fully formed. The impression I continue to get is that she mostly feels bad for Corrine. Certainly, Eva herself told Corrine she (Eva) pities her (this near the end of Reflected during the showdown the two have.)

As an author, she must have been initially taken by surprise just how unpopular the character became among the fan community. But judging by her good humor when the topic came up during the interview, she's got it that we can't stand Corrine.

Personally, what sets me off about the character is:

• She's two-faced
  • She's manipulative
  • She's selfish
  • The person she's supposed to love (Gideon) keeps ending up as collateral damage every time she hurts her rival
At the end of the day, it's all about Corinne. She likes to be centre of attention, at the expense of everyone else.