The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I know but in Cary's defense the drug addiction if that's what this is; is not his fault. There would be no way that someone could sustain the injuries he did and go without pain meds he was very seriously injured. Cary has twin demons of his own. I think he has a sexual addiction that he can't control and he uses his bisexuality as his excuse.

I didn't mean to imply that Cary's drug addiction was his fault. Obviously he was nearly beaten to death and needs the pain medication. My problem with Cary is that he needs to be in therapy regularly. Not a phone call to Dr. Travis. He has a ton of self destructive behavior, and I had just listened to the audio of him in the hospital explaining to Eva that being with just Trey is not enough for him, and I can't help but think he has a sexual addiction, and will need to work through that if he is ever going to be settled.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to imply that Cary's drug addiction was his fault. Obviously he was nearly beaten to death and needs the pain medication. My problem with Cary is that he needs to be in therapy regularly. Not a phone call to Dr. Travis. He has a ton of self destructive behavior, and I had just listened to the audio of him in the hospital explaining to Eva that being with just Trey is not enough for him, and I can't help but think he has a sexual addiction, and will need to work through that if he is ever going to be settled.[/quote

Will Trey or anyone come to think of it, be enough for Cary? Unless he gets some serious help, he will self destruct.

I agree the point that he may have a sexual addiction. Trey, Tatiana, Ian and his clusterf*ck, he just seems out of control. This guy has it all going for him, he should be enjoying life. But I think we can thank yet another crap mum for his predicament.

*okay, I think I have to make three postings*

Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo Chart

SNAPSHOTS                                                  SNIPPET                                                                  CHAPTER                     COUNTDOWN

#1 A pen                    A special teaser for New Years aka not an "official" snippet   I (May 7th) COMPLETE--Conflict                    2                  

(start: March 19th)                                                                                                                                                              (finale: June 3rd)

#2 Unwrapped Christmas present         2, 3, 9, "trade" (mentioned in Oscar Night snippet)      II (May 7th) SNEAK PEEK-Resolution  

#9 A woman at a club                                        6 and 7                                                                       IX Conflict

*lemme hit post to see how the layout goes*

Love your analysis.  I have been working on my own project to figure out the clues.  I printed out the pics, snippets, etc and put them together but not as successfully as you did.  Great job.

Hello, ladies

So...

Countdown keyword for Day #16 is mischief at a club.

It's perfect to complete snapshot#9, snippets 6 and 7, and chapter 9--conflict puzzle! Trying to twist the pattern here? Hmmm...

[i knew I should've waited until Day#10 coz it's the ultimate missing piece to prove my theory right]

I notice the changing tone in the leading question, though.  It used to be enigmatic. Today is a bit... specific.

Well, I just have to factor jumbled word in now *grin*

Andie.

I'm intrigued, how did you work this out? My brain aches just reading through this. :)

Hi, Julie

Truth be told, it came to me out of the blue crossfire *wink* 

I just knew that the tiny interrogative sentence isn't meant simply to please the eye. It has something deep in it.

I posted my yo-yo__yo-you pattern [i previously called it yoyo pattern, then LN Cronan came up with yo-you. So, why not combine them? *grin*] on One Chapter A Day thread. The first part was posted when we're discussing Chapter 10 of BTY and the last one was on my last posting about the final chapter (caution, though. it takes a little digging)

I guess it'd give you the opposite feeling *hugs*

Peruse away

Love your analysis.  I have been working on my own project to figure out the clues.  I printed out the pics, snippets, etc and put them together but not as successfully as you did.  Great job.

Hi, Sharonm745

Glad I didn't have to do all of that *big grin* The only trouble I got was when posting the chart. I had to re-type it several times before it's posted successfully and neatly.

Congrats on your graduation and have a great leisure time *hugs*

They're using each other as a crutch.

Thinking about it, all the main characters-Monica Gideon Eva Cary Corinne Magdalena-all have these issues. Dr Petersen is going to be one busy chap with this lot.

Eva and Cary, while is great that they know each others issues, and are great friends, they need to be more independent of each other. It's just not healthy.

I agree Julie, they need to have their own lives not just live depending on each other

Hi, Sharonm745

Glad I didn't have to do all of that *big grin* The only trouble I got was when posting the chart. I had to re-type it several times before it's posted successfully and neatly.

Congrats on your graduation and have a great leisure time *hugs*

Hi Andie

I am rusty with crosswords so I don't feel I have followed your yo yo very well as I still don't get it, but I never was good at things like that :(

What mischief might you cross? Not "... might you cause" but rather " ... cross."

Cross with a small "s" not capitol. Play on his name? OR .... cross paths with someone. With mischief being a factor.

• Is Cary along with the gang for the "girls night" -- and spots GidEva going at it?
  • Or if Cary is at home and he knows which club Eva and the girls are headed toward, might Cary make a phone call to tip someone off? Brett?

Oh dear. If the snapshots are any clue, the nightclub sequence starts in Chapter 9. If the plot pattern holds, with dramatic developments coming in odd numbered chapter and then the what-happens-next twists come in even number chapters, then we're in for a cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 9 and some serious decision making in Chapter 10.

Bared to You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Eva pulling her first runner on Gideon, fleeing the hotel room when she figured out is was his f*** pad. Chapter 10 - what he did about it was make her the first woman he's ever taken home with him.

Reflected in You: Chapter 9 cliffhanger was Gideon attacking Brett when he found Eva in Brett's arms.  Chapter 10 - what they both did was finally figure out just how bad the underlying insecurity problem was, and they arrived in North Carolina, where they'd manage to have some very honest conversations.

Perhaps Cary ought to concentrate on his own life, instead of poking his nose in others affairs, if this is the case.

As he has been called before, "a pot stirrer"

Does he not realise, that his mischief making impacts on Eva's life, causing her hurt too.

Trying to set Eva up with Brett so soon after her "breakup" with Gideon is so wrong. Rebound relationships are not a good thing. Space and time to think are needed.

I'm hoping Cary gets Dr Petersen help. He needs it.

Perhaps Cary ought to concentrate on his own life, instead of poking his nose in others affairs, if this is the case.

Does he not realise, that his mischief making impacts on Eva's life, causing her hurt too.

Trying to set Eva up with Brett so soon after her "breakup" with Gideon is so wrong. Rebound relationships are not a good thing. Space and time to think are needed.

I suspect Cary's attitude is "the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." That and he probably has a subconscious desire to get even with Gideon for Gideon having broken Eva's heart. He might not even realize one of his motives is to get the ultimate revenge against Gideon for having broken Eva's heart -- Eva taking Brett to her bed would be a serious blow to Gideon's manhood and his public image.

Promiscuity is of both Cary and Eva's emotional make-up, one of the legacies of past damage and betrayal making it hard for them to have healthy relationships. And in Cary's case, he self-sabotages relationships.

Eva's moved on in her journey toward wellness - she's regained sexual self-esteem. And she's in love for the first time in her life.

But Cary meanwhile is continuing to screw around. Part of him knows he's messing up -- the whole mess with the orgy was a wake-up call, as was getting beaten half to death by what Cary suspected was some woman's jealous husband/boyfriend.

Yet here he is at the end of Reflected still ruining his own love life by continuing to sleep with Tatiana even though he knows Tatiana is a dealbreaker issue for Trey.

In other words, Cary is messing up his second shot at getting back together with Trey -- and Cary is also trying to mess up any second shot Gideon might have at Eva.

I suspect Cary's attitude is "the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." That and he probably has a subconscious desire to get even with Gideon for Gideon having broken Eva's heart. He might not even realize one of his motives is to get the ultimate revenge against Gideon for having broken Eva's heart -- Eva taking Brett to her bed would be a serious blow to Gideon's manhood and his public image.

Promiscuity is of both Cary and Eva's emotional make-up, one of the legacies of past damage and betrayal making it hard for them to have healthy relationships. And in Cary's case, he self-sabotages relationships.

Eva's moved on in her journey toward wellness - she's regained sexual self-esteem. And she's in love for the first time in her life.

But Cary meanwhile is continuing to screw around. Part of him knows he's messing up -- the whole mess with the orgy was a wake-up call, as was getting beaten half to death by what Cary suspected was some woman's jealous husband/boyfriend.

Yet here he is at the end of Reflected still ruining his own love life by continuing to sleep with Tatiana even though he knows Tatiana is a dealbreaker issue for Trey.

In other words, Cary is messing up his second shot at getting back together with Trey -- and Cary is also trying to mess up any second shot Gideon might have at Eva.

Part of me, feels extremely sorry for Cary. Like Eva and Gideon, he lost control in his life through no fault of his own. His recovery is full of pitfalls, and set backs, but also he needs to wake up and smell the coffee. His self sabotaging, is never going to aid his recovery. People try to help him, but on occasions he throws it back in their faces. Unless he gets the help he needs, his life is always going to hurt Eva's. Hence no HEA till Cary is in a good place.

AWSOME!!!

I would have never ever read this deep into the novel, thank you so much!!!!

Hi Gabri

Hope your having a good weekend

Your so right with your comment. These pages have opened the books up so much more for me.

I feel like my brain is being given a work out. Lol :)

HI Julie,

my weekend has improved a ton now that I've had my computer fixed at last, and I'm able to go on the Internet again. I really missed the forum!!!

Now I'm ready and willing to catch up with you!!!!

We don't know that Cary has done anything yet it's just a theory !!! Lets wait and see :)

Part of me, feels extremely sorry for Cary. Like Eva and Gideon, he lost control in his life through no fault of his own. His recovery is full of pitfalls, and set backs, but also he needs to wake up and smell the coffee. His self sabotaging, is never going to aid his recovery. People try to help him, but on occasions he throws it back in their faces. Unless he gets the help he needs, his life is always going to hurt Eva's. Hence no HEA till Cary is image good place.

Another theory about the hospital snapshot could involve Trey if he has decided to harm himself over the whole Cary/Tatiana/Trey

triangle-I think this is a stretch because Trey does appear "normal" and has it together but you never know...